Home

sagging pants

Posted By: botz

sagging pants - 03/29/14 02:23 PM

Where did the origin of sagging pants come from? All ever heard is that it evolved from prison inmates that wanted to be, well u know.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: sagging pants - 03/29/14 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: botz
Where did the origin of sagging pants come from? All ever heard is that it evolved from prison inmates that wanted to be, well u know.

You got the prison part right, but it had nothing to do with wanting to be "well u know."

In prison they take your belt and your shoelaces so you can't hang yourself. Your pants sag without a belt. End of story.

Now why these thugs decided to emulate that look by wearing baggy pants outside of prison is another topic all together. It's unfathomable to me why anyone would want to brag about such a thing. But I'm just an old white guy, so don't go by me.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: sagging pants - 03/29/14 03:00 PM

When I worked at the middle school that style was all the rage. I can't tell you how many times teachers sent kids to office cause their pants were sagging. It was school dress code that no underwear/undergarments were allowed to be shown. Some kids had pants hanging halfway down their butts. One time a kid was walking to class and his pants literally fell to the ground. lol

I had a supply of twistbands for when a student was sent to office. He (usually it was he) was given option to call home for a belt or different pants OR twist tie his pants thru the belt loops, which they kids hated.

I remember going by the high school on my way home seeing a young boy talking on a cell phone with one hand and holding his pants up with the other. How uncomfortable that must be. Ha ha

TIS
Posted By: StLguy

Re: sagging pants - 03/29/14 04:58 PM

I heard that it has something to do with being able to count to eleven.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: sagging pants - 03/30/14 08:47 AM

botz, this link may give you a different perspective.

Pants on the Ground
Posted By: MikeyO

Re: sagging pants - 03/30/14 09:02 AM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
botz, this link may give you a different perspective.

Pants on the Ground

I'm Sexy and I know it!
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: sagging pants - 03/30/14 11:29 AM

Why people walk around like this is anybody's gues..

Posted By: bigboy

Re: sagging pants - 03/30/14 01:58 PM

And those huge pockets...big enough to hold their lunch. Still popular in the inner city here. I am starting to think the first post was right

Re: sagging pants - 03/30/14 02:27 PM

Wildwood, NJ is a shore-town with a very popular, large boardwalk. Last year they passed an ordinance banning sagging pants on the boardwalk. I believe the pants can't be more than 4 inches below the waste. No undies showing and definitely no butt-cracks.
Posted By: StLguy

Re: sagging pants - 04/02/14 11:02 PM

I believe the pants can't be more than 4 inches below the waste. No undies showing and definitely no butt-cracks.

Just more big government regulation that is killing the plumbing industry. The government is cracking down on our civil rights through the back door. What a bunch of assholes...
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: sagging pants - 04/03/14 09:12 AM

sagging played out in the late 90s/early00s

in the 90s people sagged but not like they do today

people in the 90s didn't feel the need to show the world their entire ass

i couldn't tell you what the fuck is wrong with this new generation
Posted By: klydon1

Re: sagging pants - 04/03/14 10:40 AM

The look always looked as uncomfortable as hell. I think if the parents of boys, who wear the crotches of their pants between their knees, started doing the same, maybe some of them will get the message.

Re: sagging pants - 04/03/14 06:25 PM

^^^^^

the tight ass pants (skinny jeans) seem like it would be uncomfortable for a man

mothafuckas be waddling down the street because their pants are too tight

this new generation is lost in iphones and a bunch of other bullshit
Posted By: paprincess

Re: sagging pants - 04/03/14 08:35 PM

LOLLL!! I used to sag my pants loll!!! I even had the boxers showing.. got in trouble a few times by the teachers. I would think now someone would do it to steal... like to shove a 40 down the front of their jeans then run out the liquor store as fast as possible without getting sent back inside the hole... who knows...

Re: sagging pants - 04/04/14 03:45 PM

these little mothafuckas can't even handle drinking a 40oz

Re: sagging pants - 04/04/14 05:58 PM

Notice how they have to walk with their feet and knees spread far apart. Some time ago police arrested one of these thugs because he couldn't run, and his pants tripped him. Assholes
Posted By: TheArm

Re: sagging pants - 04/05/14 06:19 PM

I read that a Parish (county) in Louisiana "outlawed" saggy pants

To put that in context, Louisiana has the highest per capita murder rate in America, has one of the highest rates of illiteracy in the US, and the 49th lowest per capita income in the US.

Ahhh yes, they DO have their priorities in order don't they?

The name of the Parish is...wait for it... "Jefferson Davis"
No need to comment any further in that, is there?
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: sagging pants - 04/07/14 06:31 AM

@TheArm

I disagree with you

I agree with the ordinance

Has nothing to do with it being a racist law, if that's your implication or with the town not having priorities straight.

Person who can't walk out in public without showing any trace of self respect deserves to be fined. Women and children shouldn't have to see these clowns out in public.

If my father EVER saw me walking around in public like that....when I was a kid.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: sagging pants - 04/07/14 06:32 AM

Originally Posted By: StLguy
I believe the pants can't be more than 4 inches below the waste. No undies showing and definitely no butt-cracks.

Just more big government regulation that is killing the plumbing industry. The government is cracking down on our civil rights through the back door. What a bunch of assholes...

this is funny
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: sagging pants - 04/08/14 04:49 AM

We have a new generation of folks who like to wander around in public in their pyjamas!!! Lazy bastards uhwhat

Re: sagging pants - 04/08/14 10:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
We have a new generation of folks who like to wander around in public in their pyjamas!!! Lazy bastards uhwhat

That's been going on here for awhile. But dear Yogi, that is not lazy, they are preserving the environment by decreasing the amount of laundering; less water used, less electricity, less chemicals in the sewer system, a very noble effort. wink
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: sagging pants - 04/08/14 06:25 PM

I used to do that quite often. I would drive my kids to school in my pajamas, go to the bank, the pharmacy, the post office, anywhere that had a drive-thru window. I never actually got out of the car and walked around, though.
Posted By: paprincess

Re: sagging pants - 04/08/14 06:30 PM

lmao!!!! The duck walk Mexican gangster stance?? you guys like that one? when they all post up and squat down low?? I walk to the coffee shop in the morning in my pj'S... I have to... I can't function till I have that first cup

Re: sagging pants - 04/08/14 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I used to do that quite often. I would drive my kids to school in my pajamas, go to the bank, the pharmacy, the post office, anywhere that had a drive-thru window. I never actually got out of the car and walked around, though.
We are noticing more of that around here, mostly at Walmart.I have a daughter who works at Walmart on the midnight shift and she said that many of those "Walmart people" e mails that we all get are true. Some even wear costumes- WTF

Re: sagging pants - 04/11/14 02:56 PM

That's been going on here for awhile. But dear Yogi, that is not lazy, they are preserving the environment by decreasing the amount of laundering; less water used, less electricity, less chemicals in the sewer system, a very noble effort. wink

I must admit that in the 3 and a half days of summer we get I am often to be found wearing nothing but a pair of shorts and a smile.....

Re: sagging pants - 04/11/14 02:57 PM

I often drive around naked from the waist down Babe...even if I do have to get out of the car at times lol blush
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: sagging pants - 04/11/14 03:05 PM

I often drive around naked from the waist down Babe...even if I do have to get out of the car at times lol blush

Why Yogi! You little devil you!!!! lol

TIS

Re: sagging pants - 04/12/14 07:45 AM

OOOOOH! She called you little!!! lol

Re: sagging pants - 04/13/14 07:07 AM

OOOOOH! She called you little!!! lol

It's quality ,not quantity that counts wink

Re: sagging pants - 04/13/14 07:49 AM