Home

What About Those Redheads?

Posted By: MaryCas

What About Those Redheads? - 01/23/14 07:46 PM

Redheads don't go gray
Unlike blondes and brunettes, redheads never develop gray hair as they age. A little-known fact about natural red hair is that it retains its original color longer than any other hair hue. Eventually, the ginger tends to turn blond, and ultimately white. On average, redheads have thicker hair, but fewer strands (about 90,000), compared to blondes (110,000) or brunettes (140,000).
The world’s highest rate of redheads is found in Scotland, where an estimated 13 percent of Scots—about 650,000 people—have flame-colored tresses, compared to 4 percent of Europeans and less than 2 percent of the global population,according to STV News. In the US, there are an estimated 6 million redheads.
redheads only make up about 4 percent of the U.S. population.

Interesting facts! So if redheads make up only 4 percent of the US population, why are there so many redheads in TV commercials. If you haven't notice, pay attention.

My favorite redhead was Maureen O'Hara. As a young lad my first crush was on Maureen O'Hara as Ezmerelda in "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" and that was in black and white. Years later she appeared in a John Wayne western in color - "McClintock!".

Posted By: olivant

Re: What About Those Redheads? - 01/23/14 07:48 PM

I don't care for redheaded women; however, I like auburn-haired women.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: What About Those Redheads? - 01/23/14 09:45 PM

Redheads never did appeal to me for some reason
Posted By: dixiemafia

Re: What About Those Redheads? - 01/23/14 11:04 PM

There are a few red headed women I've seen that were not bad but as a whole they are nothing compared to brunettes.
Posted By: Cajunwhodat

Re: What About Those Redheads? - 01/23/14 11:34 PM

Love em all if they are hawt!!!
Posted By: klydon1

Re: What About Those Redheads? - 01/24/14 03:33 PM

Redheads are relatively few, so they stand out at an early age, and grow up accustomed to standing out. They're fiery and confident. Thomas Jefferson, Cleopatra, Henry VIII, Elzabeth I and Napoleon are redheads, not to mention Lucy and Carol Burnett.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: What About Those Redheads? - 01/24/14 04:40 PM

I am of Scottish descent and funnily enough my hair is....mousey brown, going grey and with a funny spot at the back where no hair seems to grow anymore......
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: What About Those Redheads? - 01/24/14 04:43 PM

Is this a question for men only? confused

I have always gone more for tall, dark, handsome or maybe now more tall, gray & handsome. lol

TIS
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: What About Those Redheads? - 01/24/14 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

I have always gone more for tall, dark, handsome or maybe now more tall, gray & handsome. lol

TIS

TIS, I am obviously just the fella for you then, however I am happily married so you will just have to lust over me from afar lol tongue
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: What About Those Redheads? - 01/24/14 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

TIS

TIS, I am obviously just the fella for you then, however I am happily married so you will just have to lust over me from afar lol tongue

lol

Darn, all the good ones are married. wink

TIS

Re: What About Those Redheads? - 01/25/14 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

TIS

Hey what about me? Can I lust for you from afar? Oh, nevermind, I forgot, I like redheads.

Re: What About Those Redheads? - 01/25/14 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
Redheads are relatively few, so they stand out at an early age, and grow up accustomed to standing out. They're fiery and confident. Thomas Jefferson, Cleopatra, Henry VIII, Elzabeth I and Napoleon are redheads, not to mention Lucy and Carol Burnett.

....and as I recall, your daughter!
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: What About Those Redheads? - 01/26/14 10:06 AM

My brother's a redhead, and he married a redhead. Their first child (now almost 13), a redhead. They had twins 6 years ago -- guess what? Well, blond right now, so we'll have to see.

Have a redheaded cousin, too. And tho I'm not at all related (adopted), my beard was always red (before the grey), even tho everything else was/is dark brown...

So no... red can turn grey, trust me...

Re: What About Those Redheads? - 01/26/14 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

So no... red can turn grey, trust me...

No, that is white lol, I have the same thing, no grey, just white, keep telling yourself.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: What About Those Redheads? - 01/27/14 02:28 AM

My husband was a real carrot top at birth. By the time I met him (when he was but 19), it was more of a strawberry blonde. Except for his beard, the red has gone to a dark blonde. And he has almost no grey at all.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: What About Those Redheads? - 01/28/14 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Originally Posted By: klydon1

....and as I recall, your daughter!

Correct. And she's fiery and confident. There are some redheads on both sides of her family, and when she was born and I saw that what little hair she had was red, I told my wife, "Well, it looks like one of her brothers will have to take her to her prom." smile

Hoiwever, it wasn't long before I appreciaterd how distintively beautiful red-headed girls are.
Posted By: olivant

Re: What About Those Redheads? - 01/28/14 05:47 PM

My father is Napolitan and Abruzesse. It may be the latter that gave him his red hair. Thus his nickname, Red. One of my sisters is red-headed and so are her two sons. Talk about fiery; she takes a back seat to noone.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET