Home

Nelson Mandella death

Posted By: bigboy

Nelson Mandella death - 12/08/13 07:52 PM

Just wondering. obama is going to the funeral of Mandella but wouldn't go to the funeral of Margaret Thatcher. Hum???
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/08/13 08:26 PM

Racist..:)
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/09/13 10:05 AM

I would not have sent my worst enemy to Thatcher's funeral....
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/09/13 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: bigboy
Just wondering. obama is going to the funeral of Mandella but wouldn't go to the funeral of Margaret Thatcher. Hum???

Learn how to spell Mandela's name before you smear him. He was slightly more of a towering figure than that sour bitch who drooled all over Reagan.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/09/13 06:09 PM

Thatcher is no Mandela. More than ninety heads of state are expected to attend, as well as many other international diplomats and officials. By the way, Bush is alaso attending. Maybe he can bring along Cheney so Dick can explain to everyone how he voted against placing economic sanctions on the apartheid regime because he believed Mandela was a terrorist.
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/09/13 08:21 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
Thatcher is no Mandela. More than ninety heads of state are expected to attend, as well as many other international diplomats and officials. By the way, Bush is alaso attending. Maybe he can bring along Cheney so Dick can explain to everyone how he voted against placing economic sanctions on the apartheid regime because he believed Mandela was a terrorist.

Wrong Reagan didn't put sanctions on South Africa because he was anti communist and the apartheid regime was pro-capitalism. I despise people who consider Reagan racist because of the controversy with South Africa at the time.

In any case Margaret Thatcher is a love/hate kind of political leader. It's either one or the other. So it's not a surprise to me Obama didn't attend her funeral, especially when his political ideology is so different from hers. Mandela is universally loved, but he did have a shady past there's no denying that. He made mistakes as a young man but was a good leader during his time as President. However his rainbow nation as of right now is in trouble. South Africa has regressed since the nineties and I despise the current President Jacob Zuma
Posted By: jace

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/10/13 12:18 AM

He was a terrorist, and approved several bombings that killed and maimed innocent people, including children. The western media made him into a saint and a martyr.

http://thebackbencher.co.uk/3-things-you-didnt-want-to-know-about-nelson-mandela/

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/10/13 12:19 AM

How can anyone admire a person like him?

http://www.southafricaproject.info/remembering_the_church_street_bombing.html
Posted By: cookcounty

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/10/13 12:33 AM

^^^^^^^^^^

innocents were killed in vietnam, both iraq wars and afghanistan

so what exactly is your point

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/10/13 12:39 AM

Originally Posted By: cookcounty
^^^^^^^^^^

innocents were killed in vietnam, both iraq wars and afghanistan

so what exactly is your point

I think you are well aware of what my point is. In case you are not, they were terrorist attacks, targeting civilians. Read up on them and others he was behind.
Posted By: Lilo

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/10/13 11:12 AM

There are statues of people like Captain John Mason who led massacres of Pequots in which English colonizers killed approximately 600 people, mostly women, children and old men.

Many early US presidents owned slaves and were dedicated white supremacists. Throughout the South there are monuments to revered leaders who started the bloodiest war the US has ever fought because they wished to continue enslaving people. In the Midwest there are schools and parks named after generals who slaughtered Indians, including non-combatants. In Miami, people like Luis Posada Carilles still walk free despite involvement in bombing attacks on Cuban airliners and night clubs.

And Mandela's a terrorist?

It's amazing to me that many of the same people who like to take inspiration from such quotes as "don't tread on me" or "give me liberty or give me death" and other pro-resistance sayings suddenly get cold feet when the person who's resisting happens to be black. Apartheid was a crime against humanity and one which Mandela and freedom loving people of every background had every right to resist. If someone tries to tell me that I can't vote, can't live freely in my own country, and that me and mine can be beaten or shot down in the street at another's whim you better believe I will fight back.

If someone as far to the right as Newt Gingrich can see this you wonder why some other conservatives can't.

Quote:
Some of the people who are most opposed to oppression from Washington attack Mandela when he was opposed to oppression in his own country.
After years of preaching non-violence, using the political system, making his case as a defendant in court, Mandela resorted to violence against a government that was ruthless and violent in its suppression of free speech.

As Americans we celebrate the farmers at Lexington and Concord who used force to oppose British tyranny. We praise George Washington for spending eight years in the field fighting the British Army’s dictatorial assault on our freedom...
I would ask of his critics: where were some of these conservatives as allies against tyranny? Where were the masses of conservatives opposing Apartheid? In a desperate struggle against an overpowering government, you accept the allies you have just as Washington was grateful for a French monarchy helping him defeat the British.

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/10/13 03:49 PM

The rebels at Lexington and Concord were "terrorists" in the eyes of King George III. Bottom line is Mandela was one of the greatest men in history, but the Fox news crowd isn't having any of it.

After all their hero, and maybe the worst president ever....Ronald Reagan supported apartheid.

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/10/13 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Wrong Reagan didn't put sanctions on South Africa because he was anti communist and the apartheid regime was pro-capitalism. I despise people who consider Reagan racist because of the controversy with South Africa at the time.

In any case Margaret Thatcher is a love/hate kind of political leader. It's either one or the other. So it's not a surprise to me Obama didn't attend her funeral, especially when his political ideology is so different from hers. Mandela is universally loved, but he did have a shady past there's no denying that. He made mistakes as a young man but was a good leader during his time as President. However his rainbow nation as of right now is in trouble. South Africa has regressed since the nineties and I despise the current President Jacob Zuma

Sorry, but Cheney certainly called Mandela a terrorist. Fortunately, Reagans veto against sanctions against Botha's cruel regime of apartheid was overriden. Overwhelming support of both parties demanded sanctions after Botha responded to protests against apartheid with martial law (talk about terrorism). reagan gave a radio address to the nation in 1985 claiming segregation didn't exist in South Africa and that the giovernment was working to help the oppressed blacks. Desmond Tutu called Reagan out on these lies, saying that the administration's response to South Africa was "immoral, unchristian and unamerican." At the time there was worldwide condemnation about apartheid.

Who cares about whether Reagan was racist or not, the unmistakable fact is that he didn't give a rat's ass about the victims of apartheid. And if he was concerned about Communism, well, history proved him wrong. While the ANC was willing to accept help from anywhere they could, whether it was free enterprise or communist nations, the new government was forged, based on principles of equality, democracy, liberty, and free enterprise.

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/10/13 05:43 PM

Except that Reagan was a racist. He began his campaign for president in Mississippi where the civil rights leaders were murdered shile he complained about fictitious welfare queens. If he was not a racist in his heart, he sure hid it well.

And he was a lousy president also.

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/10/13 06:15 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Except that Reagan was a racist. He began his campaign for president in Mississippi where the civil rights leaders were murdered shile he complained about fictitious welfare queens. If he was not a racist in his heart, he sure hid it well.

Except that you are wrong DT and you're allowing your political biases to get in the way of objectivity. I think it's ludicrous but you can call him a lousy President just as I think Obama is a lousy President. But racism is where I personally draw the line, the man showed no tendencies of hatred or bias against blacks. To argue so is foolish and you know it

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/10/13 06:31 PM

Mandela was a good man who ended apartheid in South Africa and wanted the best for his people, white and black. I firmly believe that. But I also believe he made some mistakes in his past. Such as aligning himself and becoming a member of the communist party and co founded Umkhonto we Sizwe which sponsored and committed acts of sabotage against the government.

The government was white controlled and racist, does that make it right? In my opinion there's no clear answer, but it's debatable all the same. Were the founding fathers correct in doing what they did? We can look back now and say "of course!" but it was also a different time period, different rules, weapons and tactics.

All in all I'm glad as everyone should be that Apartheid is no more. However South Africa currently is not doing well and they have problems in every area that need addressing. I still say Jacob Zuma doesn't deserve to lick the dirt of Mandela's soles.

All you liberals want to paint Reagan as some pro-apartheid, racist conservative. My response to that? Dig a little deeper and get over your damn political prejudice. Reagan wasn't perfect, no President is, but if you look at what his key objective was: getting rid of communism it explains his reasoning. Mandela and the ANC had communist ties, and Mandela had a shady past. Who can blame him? I believe Reagan was a product of his time in the sense he grew up in a particular era and he was ignorant of the situation in South Africa not racist.

Should he have been better informed and fully against apartheid? Absolutely. Does that make him a racist? Not at all.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/10/13 07:45 PM

And i suppose your think that Winston Churchill is also a terrorist,,

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/11/13 07:29 AM

We are not in old times, we have news crews all over the world, so we know of any kilings that go on. People are bringing up Indians vs Europeons, how well Reagan was liked, and it has nothing to do with Mandela. He was evil, he ordered bombings of civilians, he allowed atrocities to occur as president. He let White people be killed at record pace after he took over, and United States and United Nations stood by and let it happen. He also did nt liberate South Africa, he was freed due to pressure from same United States and same United Nations that followed freeing him form prison and putting him into power by standing by during his reign. What someone did 200 years ago, or what statue is up in some southern town has nothing to do with the glorification of a terrorist thug like Mandela.

If people are told over and over 30 years from now that Osama Bin Laden was a good guy, does he become a saint too?

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/11/13 07:30 AM

Welfare queens are not fictious, and if he had started campaigning in another state you would still hate him.

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/11/13 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: jace

Welfare queens are not fictious, and if he had started campaigning in another state you would still hate him.

The one Reagan invented was... the one with the cadillac and the "young bucks." Total fiction. total lie.

Reagan's veto of trade sanctions against apartheid South Africa says it all.

Mandela was a great patriot. As great as George Washington (who also took up arms) and as Jesus Christ for forgiving his enemies.

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/11/13 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: jace

The one Reagan invented was... the one with the cadillac and the "young bucks." Total fiction. total lie.

Reagan's veto of trade sanctions against apartheid South Afruica says it all.

Mandela was a great patriot. As great as George Washington (who also took up arms) and as Jesus Christ for forgiving his enemies.

No it does not DT and stop saying so. You want to criticize Reagan? Fine. You want to paint him as something he's not? Don't you dare do that. It's just as bad as saying Obamas a Muslim. It's not true just as Reagan being racist is not true.
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/11/13 09:19 PM

Truth and Reconciliation Commission

for the google search crowd
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/12/13 02:48 AM

I am assuming most people here didn't watch the Mandella memorial but did you hear about the fake "signer?" Some guy took to the stage and as everyone spoke, including our President, he stood behind them supposedly doing sign language. Only it wasn't sign language at all. It was just fake gestures. uhwhat Thing is they say he was there for 4 hours and nobody noticed. I don't know sign language but looking at clips AND now knowing he's a fake, it did seem like a lot of the same gestures....all with a straight face. lol I don't know the full story on this guy but am wondering why someone would do that. confused

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/20...morial/3987539/

TIS
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/12/13 03:10 AM

I have to tell you, I laughed pretty hard, but it really isn't a laughing matter. Did the guy have security clearance and just was faking the signing? Or was he just some random guy who jumped up on stage? Where the hell was the Secret Service????

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/12/13 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I have to tell you, I laughed pretty hard, but it really isn't a laughing matter. Did the guy have security clearance and just was faking the signing? Or was he just some random guy who jumped up on stage? Where the hell was the Secret Service????

You're right. I wonder too. Did he go thru any security? It's funny how he kept a straight face moving his hands all around BUT the fact that he got away with it AND up close to world leaders is troubling. confused

TIS
Posted By: getthesenets

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/12/13 03:36 AM

TIS

yeah read about the bootleg sign language guy....

poor taste
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/12/13 03:53 AM

I read that too about the fake signer. It's terrible...but i hate to say a little funny too because the guy was just making the signs up as went along. Not even close to any real signs.
Posted By: MOES

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/12/13 04:39 AM

Spelling Mandella with the extra L makes him sound like an ITALIAN!!

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/12/13 05:33 AM

They id'd the fake signer....Thami Jantjie. He looked so serious too.

Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/12/13 11:09 AM

Apperantly this guy is a real interprator and was paid to be there to sign, but according to him hes been recently struggling with schizophrenia and had an some type of "episoide" on stage where he was hallucinating.

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/12/13 04:04 PM

I had a chuckle at the fake signer episode also, I hadn't heard of his problems however. Sort of funny but a shame at the same time.

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/12/13 04:19 PM

It was like a Saturday Night Live skit. The signer was employed by a company whose services were engaged for the event. I'm not buying his explanation about having hallucinations during the event.

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/12/13 04:28 PM

Completely different scenario but a similar thing,. Years ago, one of our Premiership soccer teams employed a foreign manager who spoke no English so an interpreter was hired for press conference purposes. People were impressed by the interpreters lengthy monologues when the manager did not seem to say much. Turns out the interpreter was a charlatan who hardly spoke the lingo and was just making up his own (very expansive) answers to questions and basically just enjoying his 15 minutes in the limelight.

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/12/13 06:03 PM

It was like a Saturday Night Live skit. The signer was employed by a company whose services were engaged for the event. I'm not buying his explanation about having hallucinations during the event.

I heard today that this company he said he worked for either suddendly folded up or does not exist. Very strange to say the least. confused

TIS
Posted By: MrDemeo

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/12/13 07:17 PM

looked like he was catcher for baseball giving baseball signs to fake angels ,lol

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/12/13 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: MrDemeo
looked like he was catcher for baseball giving baseball signs to fake angels ,lol

lol! He really did! lol

I hate to make a joke out of it but it really is pretty funny.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/12/13 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

I heard today that this company he said he worked for either suddendly folded up or does not exist. Very strange to say the least. confused

TIS

TIS, you should enjoy this:

http://www.today.com/moms/s-n-t-adorable-girl-signs-kindergarten-holiday-concert-deaf-2D11729731

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/13/13 06:27 PM

Well the whole idea of using people to "sign" speeches is a liberal commie idea that shojuld be abolished with Obamacare.

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/13/13 06:35 PM

Well the whole idea of using people to "sign" speeches is a liberal commie idea that shojuld be abolished with Obamacare.

That's what you're taking from all of this? No one said anything political regarding this incident and then you go and make reference to liberals/commies and Obamacare.

Come on DT you're better than that
Posted By: olivant

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/13/13 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

That's what you're taking from all of this? No one said anything political regarding this incident and then you go and make reference to liberals/commies and Obamacare.

Come on DT you're better than that

Geronimo Cardano, an Italian mathematician and physician, Juan Pablo de Bonet, a Spanish priest, and L'Epee, an educator are all credited with inventing sign language. But you know, they're all Europeons and you know that Europeons are and have been socialists for so long and you know that socialism is just another word for communism. So, I think that DT is onto something.

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/13/13 08:33 PM

Seems that this signer might have an interesting past history.

"According to South African news network eNCA, Thamsanqa Jantjie has “faced rape (1994), theft (1995), housebreaking (1997), malicious damage to property (1998), murder, attempted murder and kidnapping (2003) charges.”

Story @ http://www.timesofisrael.com/mandela-signer-faced-murder-rap-in-2003
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/14/13 02:10 PM

I was watching HIGNFY and they showed the sign language guy doing the same for Jacob Zuma at another event. Seriously how does this guy keep getting hired lol
Posted By: dgvc63

Re: Nelson Mandella death - 12/20/13 06:19 PM

Brave man, a symbol for something greater than himself however misguided that symbolism may be. Bottom line is he was a red and a commie puppet. Had no effect on me and my life whatsoever other than becoming a pop politics poster boy.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET