Home

Happy Thanksgiving

Posted By: bigboy

Happy Thanksgiving - 11/26/13 05:30 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to all on the forum. Thanks for all the entertainment you've all given me this year.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/26/13 06:35 PM

BAck at you... and Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/26/13 08:25 PM

Happy thanksgiving to everybody celebrating.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/26/13 11:03 PM

One of the great American holidays. My childhood memories of Thanksgiving are wonderful. Go to grandmas house in Jersey City. Play with my cousins. Eat really good stuff - lots of sweets. As the years went on, it was always a great holiday gathering whether I was with my family or in-laws. It is one of those bonding experiences where everyone rises to the occasion. Difference are forgotten, traditions prevail. I hope everyone can experience that feeling of peace and family unity. It is kind of a prelude to Christmas. If only that feeling would spread throughout the world. God bless all.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/26/13 11:35 PM

Thanks Big Boy and Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the BB. I will be celebrating with my family at my daughter's house. I plan to do a whole lot of eating, which I must say I am pretty darn good at. lol

Enjoy your day everyone. smile

TIS
Posted By: SC

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/26/13 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I plan to do a whole lot of eating, which I must say I am pretty darn good at.

Understatement of the year!!!

I hope all our members who are celebrating the holiday have a wonderful day.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/27/13 04:48 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating this wonderful day. I'm going to VA on Friday to have a belated Thanksgiving with Becky, Frank and my little man Dylan.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/27/13 03:37 PM

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! I'll be spending the day with family in Pittston and Dunmore, PA. We're bringing a fresh turkey from the farm, two pies, beer and wine to the in-laws. We'll have to head back home later that night because of my son's medical tests the next day.

Last year I had the pleasure of having breakfast the day after Thanksgiving with MaryCas, who has in-laws in the same home town of my wife.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/27/13 08:57 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1

Last year I had the pleasure of having breakfast the day after Thanksgiving with MaryCas, who has in-laws in the same home town of my wife.

Holy Crapoli, a year has passed! We won't be making the pilgrimage to the valley this year, but probably for New Years. Enjoy the family and the ambiance of Dunmore.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/28/13 04:13 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends in the BB. I am thankful for all the good friends I have made here and hope you all have a wonderful time with your loved ones.

I am also extremely jealous that you are getting to stuff your faces with turkey. I have to wait till Christmas uhwhat
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/28/13 06:00 PM

Have a good day, everyone!
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/28/13 06:45 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!
Posted By: LittleMan

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/28/13 09:09 PM

Let's all eat like mobsters today. grin

Posted By: Cajunwhodat

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/29/13 02:48 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.Cajun turkey in the cajun microwave(Orion cooker)two speckle belly geese stuffed with deer sausage.and allthe lil italian/cajun ladies cakes,sides and drinks.Great time!!!!geaux Saints beat Seattle
Posted By: Mark

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/26/14 06:26 PM

I'm pleased to give this thread a bump and be the first to wish a Happy Thanksgiving 2014 to all of "youse"! wink

God bless you all and to your families and loved ones. I am truly thankful for a great job, beautiful wife, great kids and a warm cozy home... and this BB, of course! smile

Mangiamo!
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/26/14 07:05 PM

happy thanksgiving everyone, and I hope the dallas cowboys get creamed!!
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/26/14 07:10 PM

As i said last year Happy thanks giving to everybody celebrating.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/26/14 07:22 PM

This is my favorite holiday of the year. It's all about being with family and friends, the people that you love and care most about, and spending quality time with them! No gift giving, no running around stressing out what to get for who, etc. Just a simple holiday where we can sit around, eat, talk and enjoy everyone's company and conversation.

This is what I call the 4F Holiday....

Family
Friends
Food

and....

Football

You really can't ask for more!

Have a GREAT THANKSGIVING everyone!
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/26/14 07:26 PM

Right back at youse...Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/26/14 09:55 PM

Happy Thanksgiving!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/26/14 10:00 PM

Yes. Happy Bird Day to all smile.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/27/14 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
...no running around stressing out.... Just a simple holiday where we can sit around, eat,...

You obviously don't cook on Thanksgiving! lol

Actually, I've never hosted Thanksgiving myself (I host Christmas Eve, and a couple cookouts in the Summer); I can't imagine all the stress and work, but, one day I'm willing to try it!

But you're right -- it's all about time spent with loved ones, and also thinking about those who aren't around, and being thankful for all you have, and especially all you have to share with others.

God bless!

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/27/14 07:50 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all my US pals. Have a fabulous day!!
Posted By: Alfanosgirl

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/27/14 02:46 PM

Wishing all of you a Very Happy Thanksgiving...and for those of you who are in the cold damp weather I'm sending you SUNSHINE.
Posted By: Binnie_Coll

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/27/14 03:01 PM

thank you, young lady.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/27/14 03:36 PM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Posted By: Footreads

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/27/14 08:26 PM

Have a Great thanksgiving and please take human bites not those crazed animal bites that we like to take when we are eating food that we love.

Also have a very Merry Christmas I know we cant say that anymore but I will any way.

For all you Italians out there it is okay to open up your pants while sitting at the table to make more room for food. But please make very sure the horse does not come out of the stable because that is not alright smile

Also to all you Turkeys all over the United States that are demonstrating tonight enjoy your food relax, and put on warm clothes before you go out and steal and destroy things have a good time. Please bring me back a TV.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/28/14 12:03 PM

My wife bought home a TV today, but she said it was in the Black Friday sales. I believe her, she isn't the type to go out looting and stealing.

PS. Yes, the UK retailers have embraced your Black Friday notion with a vengeance, fighting in shops and sleeping outside stores all night. I believe it is only a matter of time before we are celebrating Thanksgiving here. July 4th might be pushing it a bit mind, but hey if we get a public holiday I'm all for it lol
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/28/14 05:35 PM

Happy belated Thanksgiving everybody! smile
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/28/14 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By: XDCX

Right back at ya, buddy. I hope your family dealt with the holiday in a positive way. The first Christmas season after a loss like yours is very difficult, so I hope the rest of your family is as upbeat as you've been smile.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - 11/28/14 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: XDCX

Right back at ya, buddy. I hope your family dealt with the holiday in a positive way. The first Christmas season after a loss like yours is very difficult, so I hope the rest of your family is as upbeat as you've been smile.

I know it was especially hard on my other siblings, especially my younger brother, Cliff. I was extremely close to TJ, but Cliff and TJ had a very special relationship that can't be put into words. Cliff was always there for him, helping him with whatever he needed. Thanksgiving was TJ's favorite holiday, so I know Cliff was struggling. But I think he did okay.

As for me, well I've been sick with the flu for the past few days, so no celebrating for me! I was in bed all day yesterday while my wife was at her parent's house. It sucks that my first Thanksgiving off in YEARS, and I'm laid up in bed with the flu! But that's life I guess.

And at least she brought me leftovers! grin
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET