Home

RIP Tom Clancy

Posted By: Faithful1

RIP Tom Clancy - 10/02/13 07:11 PM

The gifted writer Tom Clancy died today at age 66. RIP.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/03/books/...dies-at-66.html
Posted By: Blake

Re: RIP Tom Clancy - 10/02/13 08:13 PM

I've never read any of his novels, but I've played some good games with his name on em'. RIP.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: RIP Tom Clancy - 10/02/13 08:45 PM

RIP..
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: RIP Tom Clancy - 10/03/13 08:46 AM

Shame. RIP.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: RIP Tom Clancy - 10/03/13 12:04 PM

RIP A shame as he was such a talented writer. I have enjoyed some of his works
Posted By: Camarel

Re: RIP Tom Clancy - 10/03/13 01:58 PM

I just finished Rainbow Six about 3 weeks ago, it's so weird that he's just died becuse it's the only book i've read from him. He was certainly a talented guy. RIP.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: RIP Tom Clancy - 10/03/13 03:11 PM

A truly gifted writer. He died way too young. RIP.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: RIP Tom Clancy - 10/04/13 01:10 AM

Now, there's a guy whose life was almost a fantasy come true. Imagine: he's leading a humdrum life as an insurance salesman, but he has an interest in military technology and a talent for writing. He puts together a terriffic first novel. Defense Dept. wonders if he should be "prosecuted" for "revealing classified informaton" (of course he hadn't). But then, in a rare display of common sense, the Defense Dept. figures, "Hey, everybody trashes us--and here's a guy who makes us and the CIA heros in his novel." So they decide to support him.

Imagine the calls coming to his home after "Red October" made the Best Seller List: "Uh, hi, Tom, this is the Secretary of the Army--wanna go for a test drive in our newest Abrams tank? Fire the 105mm cannon?" Then the Air Force: "Tom, we have a brand-new F16 warming up at your local airport. Wanna climb in..."
Posted By: klydon1

Re: RIP Tom Clancy - 10/04/13 02:28 PM

That's a good point. Clancy was not trained or made privy to special information. He researched as a layman to master the tetchnical and strategic facts that made his novels realistic.
Posted By: tnvol

Re: RIP Tom Clancy - 10/06/13 11:29 PM

RIP Tom. I've read many of his books. He was one of my favorite authors when I was younger.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET