Home

News IQ Quiz

Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

News IQ Quiz - 09/08/13 05:43 PM

I ran across this quiz by Pew Research asking how much you know about the news. For the fun of it, I took the quiz. A few tough questions IMHO.

Anyway, I scored an 85. Give it a shot if you want. smile

TIS

http://www.pewresearch.org/quiz/the-news-iq-quiz/
Posted By: olivant

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/08/13 10:34 PM

TIS, I scored a 96. I thought the 1st question which illustrated the colored coded map was unfair as was the one with the graph of national populations.

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/08/13 11:01 PM

Yes that graph was very confusing to me too. I don't know how I got Wendy Davis and the Yahoo CEO lady mixed up. mad

TIS
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/08/13 11:46 PM

That map was stupid. I did not do well, only a 65. I got that map wrong, the chart wrong and a couple of others that I thought were easy to mix up. I feel ashamed.
Posted By: TheIsland

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/09/13 01:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
That map was stupid. I did not do well, only a 65. I got that map wrong, the chart wrong and a couple of others that I thought were easy to mix up.
I feel ashamed.

You beat me I got a 52
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/09/13 03:25 AM

Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/09/13 06:47 AM

Got 10 out of 13 right. Who cares about Yahoo's CEO? grin Also I thought congress had more women. tongue And have no idea what "Common Core" is. Still don't care.

Better than 85%.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/09/13 12:30 PM

I got 8 correct, which I was quite pleased with, being a foreign body and all tongue

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/09/13 02:22 PM

I didn't think it was easy at all but for someone NOT from the U.S., it would be totally foreign. lol

TIS
Posted By: klydon1

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/09/13 03:32 PM

96. I didn't recognize the blonde woman, but guessed correctly on two others after eliminating a couple of choices. I wouldn't have known Google Glass without a choice.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/09/13 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
Also I thought congress had more women. tongue And have no idea what "Common Core" is. Still don't care.

Better than 85%.

This was the "trick" question. While recent stories highlighted the Senate has more women members than ever after the 2012 election, and the House has had increasing numbers, it is still pretty much a male dominated Congress.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/09/13 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
This was the "trick" question. While recent stories highlighted the Senate has more women members than ever after the 2012 election, and the House has had increasing numbers, it is still pretty much a male dominated Congress.

I know, I remember hearing now there's a line at the lady's room for female senators. lol
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/09/13 05:06 PM

Actually, I heard the term "common core" on the news today, and immediately thought of that quiz. NYC schools opened this morning and the school chancellor was talking about it.
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/09/13 05:28 PM

13 out of 13. The only question that obviously stupid was the yahoo CEO question. The others had some decent usage.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/09/13 08:24 PM

5 out of 13. Shows how often I watch the news.
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/09/13 10:17 PM

Eight out of thirteen right. Quite disappointed in myself.

Pew Research indeed!

Signor V.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/10/13 09:59 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I didn't think it was easy at all but for someone NOT from the U.S., it would be totally foreign. lol

TIS

Some of it may have been guess work, but I actually did know a few cool
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/12/13 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: LittleNicky
13 out of 13. The only question that obviously stupid was the yahoo CEO question. The others had some decent usage.

Yeah right.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/12/13 04:58 PM

12/13 Got the one wrong about demographics in Japan or whatever.
Posted By: jace

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/13/13 06:37 AM

10 right, but I had an edge on one question, I saw Afsaneh's mention of Yahoo CEO, so I was able to get that one. So really would be 9 correct to be fair.
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: News IQ Quiz - 09/14/13 02:08 PM

96 - but a few were guesses.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET