Home

Any Harley riders here?

Posted By: dixiemafia

Any Harley riders here? - 08/22/13 11:22 PM

Anybody ride their Harley or crotch rocket these days?

When it's not pretending to be the Amazon Rain Forest here (today was the first day it hasn't rained in like a month) I play around on our '05 Harley Davidson Dyna-Glide. Anybody else?
Posted By: ThePolakVet

Re: Any Harley riders here? - 08/28/13 07:53 AM

I once road a cross bike, liked it very much. But I also want to buy one day myself a Harley.

Re: Any Harley riders here? - 08/28/13 04:45 PM

I grew up on dirt bikes then crossed over to Harley's recently. I thought I could just "walk" into riding a Harley....LOL. Was a little different cutting on a dime in a dirt bike and turning around a heavy hog...
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Any Harley riders here? - 11/14/13 07:57 PM

Dixie i've ridden bikes since i was a little kid. First mini bikes and dirt bikes, i even used to do my paper route om my Yamaha mini enduro when i was in 4th and 5th grade.

Then i was into the street racing type Japanese bikes...mostly Kawasaki's but i did have a Suzuki and a Honda 6 cylinder (CBX) at one time. I had a couple real bad accidents but i just can't ride those type of bikes like a normal person. They really brought out the street lunatic in me and i was a real maniac on them until my last accident where i went down at over 80 mph. Almost died that time. So that was it for my street racing career.

Then i switched to riding Harley's and had a Low Rider...mostly stock but i did a little work on it. My buddy had to go away for a year and a half and he stored his Fat Boy in my garage and let me use it while he was away. Nice bike but a little heavy. I like bikes i can throw around.

But after i sold my Low Rider i haven't had another bike though i'm thinking of building one myself. One of my favorite bikes was the one Mickey Rourke rode in the Harley and the Marlboro Man movie....it's called Black Death. Rourke had it custom built and pretty much designed the bike himself though it was actually built by Bartels’ HD in southern Cali.

I don't want to build an exact clone of Rourkes bike but maybe something similar. Haven't decided for sure though. Hopefully this spring or summer i'll have something to ride again....i do miss my bikes.

Re: Any Harley riders here? - 11/14/13 08:14 PM

Yes that was a nice bike and great movie
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Any Harley riders here? - 11/18/13 09:51 AM

Not a motorcycle kind of guy, but I do have a Harley D t-shirt which I like to wear to make me look tough.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET