Home

Frankie Vali and the 4 Seasons

Posted By: NickyEyes1

Frankie Vali and the 4 Seasons - 08/20/13 10:56 PM

Any other Frankie Vali fans on here? What are your favorite songs?

My list-
1. Dawn
2. Rag Doll
3. Bye bye baby
4. Working my back to you
5. Can't take my eyes off you
6. Sherry
7. Oh what a night
8. Who loves you
9. Walk like a man
10. Ronnie
Posted By: olivant

Re: Frankie Vali and the 4 Seasons - 08/21/13 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Any other Frankie Vali fans on here? What are your favorite songs?

Madonne!, yes. As I lay dying, one of my last memories will be of hanging out on the corner with the guys singing Sherry Baby to the girls.

But on the list I would move Can't take my eyes off of you to the top. God, the lovin' I got to that song. Ummm.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Frankie Vali and the 4 Seasons - 08/21/13 12:37 AM

Oh yea, when I was young there was always a Four Season's song on the chart. smile Lot of good ones. I like:

Let's Hang On
Walk Like A Man (can't help but think of the movie with Robert Downey Jr., "Heart And Souls".)
Can't Take My Eyes Off You

BUT two of my favorites are Come On Marianne, and Who Loves You.

I saw the play Jersey Boys a few years ago in NYC and it was awesome. I think they covered all their great songs.

TIS

Posted By: klydon1

Re: Frankie Vali and the 4 Seasons - 08/21/13 03:58 PM

I never was a big fan of Frankie Valli's music, but a friend of mine from grade school is Valli's cousin, and there families were pretty close. I kind of reconnected with this friend a year ago on facebook, and learned that he and Valli remain pretty close even though he's a generation older than my friend.

My parents have a home movie from the late 60s when Valli was visiting his family at a church picnic in our hometown. He sang a couple of songs with a few of his family but unfortunately the home movies had no sound.

Re: Frankie Vali and the 4 Seasons - 08/21/13 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
I never was a big fan of Frankie Valli's music,

You-have-got-to-be-kidding!!
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Frankie Vali and the 4 Seasons - 08/21/13 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant

They were ok, but over hyped these days. Everything they did sounded like the same song over and over. What is it wilth all these Jersey bands being so overrated?
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Frankie Vali and the 4 Seasons - 08/22/13 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
I saw the play Jersey Boys a few years ago in NYC and it was awesome. I think they covered all their great songs.

TIS

Amen. The play was fantastic; entertainment at its highest. You don't even have to be a big fan; great story, funny, great music. Talented cast. If you can't see it in NY, catch a show by the touring company. I wasn't a super fan of the 4 Seasons, but in the 60's, early 70's their music was all over AM radio. It was part of the life-blood of my generation.

Re: Frankie Vali and the 4 Seasons - 08/22/13 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

TIS

Amen. The play was fantastic; entertainment at its highest. You don't even have to be a big fan; great story, funny, great music. Talented cast. If you can't see it in NY, catch a show by the touring company. I wasn't a super fan of the 4 Seasons, but in the 60's, early 70's their music was all over AM radio. It was part of the life-blood of my generation.

Exactly how I feel MC. I had one or two of their albums and a few of their singles. Their songs were always "there" and easy to sing along with. smile

Jersey Boys is now (or recently anyway) playing in L.A. I hear they are making a movie of it as well.

smile

TIS

Re: Frankie Vali and the 4 Seasons - 08/22/13 03:31 AM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

They were ok, but over hyped these days.

I think your brain has gone soft from all that comedy you post on the Board.

Re: Frankie Vali and the 4 Seasons - 08/22/13 04:24 PM

Pop had Genco and look what I got.

Re: Frankie Vali and the 4 Seasons - 08/22/13 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

Pop had Genco and look what I got.

No more discussions; no more DT tricks. You admit that Frankie and the gang produced some of the best rock music ever. If not, it's all out discussion!

Re: Frankie Vali and the 4 Seasons - 08/22/13 05:18 PM

I gotta go to the bathroom. Is that ok?
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Frankie Vali and the 4 Seasons - 08/22/13 07:23 PM

hearing their music brings back lots of great memories.
No one has mentioned one of my favorites: Swearin to God
but "Can't take my eyes off you has to rate as their number 0ne in my humble opinion.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Frankie Vali and the 4 Seasons - 08/23/13 04:28 PM

"Working My Way Back" was my favorite.

Seasons were the first megagroup of the Sixties. Started out as the Four Lovers, had a hit, "Apple of My Eye" in '55.

Re: Frankie Vali and the 4 Seasons - 08/23/13 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
"Working My Way Back" was my favorite.

Seasons were the first megagroup of the Sixties. Started out as the Four Lovers, had a hit, "Apple of My Eye" in '55.

I'm surprised I haven't heard of that song....at least not by title. Nor did I know they were the Four Lovers. Of course it must have been WAY before my time. tongue lol

TIS
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET