Home

tightrope across the grand canyon

Posted By: NickyEyes1

tightrope across the grand canyon - 06/24/13 01:21 AM

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio...canyon/2450387/
This guy is tightroping 4 football fields across the grand canyon. Crazy, have no idea why he's doing this.

On discovery channel right now.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: tightrope across the grand canyon - 06/24/13 03:32 AM

He is from a long line of tightrope walkers - The Flying Wallendas. They might just be the most famous family of circus performers, at least here in the US. Another member of his family (father? uncle?) tried to walk between the Twin Towers many years ago, but I don't think he succeeded.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: tightrope across the grand canyon - 06/24/13 09:56 AM

These people must have a death wish..
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: tightrope across the grand canyon - 06/24/13 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
These people must have a death wish..

Well, probably. If you watched it, its pretty clear the believes in an afterlife, so death would not have been a big deal.

As someone who is afraid of heights, I gotta say it kept my interest.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: tightrope across the grand canyon - 06/24/13 04:23 PM

I watched the performance, which was worth it just for the views from the camera attached to him that gave spectacular views looking straight down into the canyon.

I was puzzled why his dad kept telling him how much time had elapsed during his walk as if the cable would be severed if he didn't cross by a certain time. finally he told his dad that he didn't have to tell him the time.
Posted By: jace

Re: tightrope across the grand canyon - 06/27/13 07:14 PM

He now wants to do same in New York, walking between cities two largest buildings. Might be impossible to stage such an event due to traffic concerns.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: tightrope across the grand canyon - 06/27/13 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: jace
He now wants to do same in New York, walking between cities two largest buildings. Might be impossible to stage such an event due to traffic concerns.

He's already been told "no chance".
Posted By: jace

Re: tightrope across the grand canyon - 06/28/13 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
Originally Posted By: jace

He's already been told "no chance".

Thanks Lou. I hope he does not keep trying, he might get enough support to do it. I think venue is totally wrong.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: tightrope across the grand canyon - 06/30/13 04:38 PM

Even IF I were good at it, all the money in the world wouldn't inspire to do it. I'd have a freekin' heart attack. lol

TIS
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET