Home

SC Bids Farewell

Posted By: SC

SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 02:15 AM

After many years of living and playing here on Geoff's message board I've decided that the changes the boards have gone through lately no longer make this a fun place in which to hang out.

These changes, mostly prompted by new members who seem intent on having pissing contents rather than any attempt at decent conversation, have made the whole joint a giant sandbox.

I wish all my friends staying behind the best.
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 02:21 AM

Wait this is it SC? You're never coming back? Who's going to be a mod? I personally can't stop you, but I'd rather see you stay than go.

But if this is to be it, I truly wish you the best. Good luck.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 02:47 AM

Is t?his serious, or slightly early April Fools? confused tongue

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 02:49 AM

I hope it is Lou. I sincerely hope he's not being serious
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 02:54 AM

SC, although I am in complete understanding of what you've said, I will miss you too much. Please don't leave the friends you've made here. We love you and don't want you to go anywhere.

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 02:57 AM

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
I hope it is Lou. I sincerely hope he's not being serious

Me too. The timing is suspicious, and he has the power to eliminate such problems, but he sounds serious. ..I hope you reconsider SC.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 03:06 AM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
Is this serious, or slightly early April Fools? confused

Lou I agree its an April Fools Joke
Posted By: olivant

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 03:12 AM

As Maurice Willaims & the Zodiacs said:

Stay, just a little bit longer
Oh, won't you stay
Just a little bit longer
Please let me hear
You say that you will
Say you will
Posted By: fathersson

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 03:12 AM

Easter and April fools day all with 48 hours.

Talk about a ying and a yang.

All the world loves a fool....Happy Fools Day to you all!
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 03:32 AM

April Fools Mudafuckas
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 04:30 AM

Personally speaking, in all seriousness, I would not be so quick to dismiss this as an April Fool's joke.

SC, I sincerely hope you reconsider.

Signor V.

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 04:50 AM

I'm calling shenanigans. wink
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 07:33 AM

All the best SC, it's been emotional. Can you not just ban those idiots who are spoiling it for others.

Take a break for a few days but don't leave..
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 09:48 AM

I really hope this is an April fool, but it is not a joke. Some of us have not been behaving well. frown
Posted By: XDCX

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 01:39 PM

I'm calling shenanigans. wink

Me too, but the point has been made, and it is valid.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 02:12 PM

I hope it is an April Fools prank...if not it is devastating. SC is a top chap!!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 03:31 PM

I don't think it's a joke. I hope it is, but I doubt it. And if it's for real, I can hardly blame the guy. The board members who have signed up in the past year or so have no idea how great this place used to be four or five years ago. It has devolved into race baiting, right versus left and cheering on criminals. And the latter is the main problem. The Real Life section has attracted nothing but kids and mob groupies lately.

Now I enjoy posting in that section as much as anyone, probably even more so. But if it comes to saving the board as a whole, and keeping SC in the fold, I say close the fucking section for good because that's where the problem lies. For all of the social issue threads that are stirring these ugly debates, all of the troublemakers are spilling over from the Real Life section. Shut it down and they'll go away.

I'm done posting myself now. For at least awhile, anyway. My friends here know how to reach me.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 03:37 PM

I too am afraid that it's NOT a joke and would be so sad to see SC leave. frown We've always had people who are "problems" (for lack of a more forceful word). They come and go. As of late it's becoming easier to follow board policy in certain instances, and simply "ignore" them and their useless (and sometimes cruel & hateful) babble. rolleyes

SC, I too ask you to PLEASE reconsider. You are part of the glue that holds "our" place here together and keeps it from really going off the rails. I say, if you must kick a little ass at times, when necessary, then go for it!! We've got your back. wink

TIS

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
The board members who have signed up in the past year or so have no idea how great this place used to be four or five years ago. It has devolved into race baiting, right versus left and cheering on criminals. And the latter is the main problem. The Real Life section has attracted nothing but kids and mob groupies lately.

I concur. The substance of much of the newer members' posts is vituperation and vitriol. There's little substance. There are a number of Board members whose posts have always been substantive. I think I'll confine myself to responding to them alone.

I encourage SC to return. To quote Edmund Burke: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 04:22 PM

This is sad, sad news.....does this mean the Consigliere spot is open? smile

only kidding, best of luck sc.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 04:23 PM

I've been a member of these boards for 9 years. I remember the glory days, when we could have civilized discussions without having to worry about being ridiculed or dismissed because of our opinions. There ar far too man people here now who refuse to respect the opinions of those who disagree with them, and SC is right...most of the discussion nowadays devolve into pissing contests. I'm not innocent, but I have always tried to be respectful, sometimes without success, but successful most of the time. I don't think SC is leaving, but I could hardly blame him if he did.

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Scorsese
This is sad, sad news.....does this mean the Consigliere spot is open? smile

only kidding, best of luck sc.

I bet your not kidding and hope it's open but I don't think you have enough tenure to be the Consigliere ...

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 04:29 PM

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 04:46 PM

SC is a big boy, if it is not an April Fools gig then it is up to him if he wants to spend his time here. Last I looked it is a free country. Everyone comes and goes when they want.
Open forums always bring different types to it. They always have in the past and always will in the future.

Oh, and it is not just the new posters who have acid tongues at times.

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: fathersson
SC is a big boy, if it is not an April Fools gig then it is up to him if he wants to spend his time here. Last I looked it is a free country. Everyone comes and goes when they want.
Open forums always bring different types to it. They always have in the past and always will in the future.

Oh, and it is not just the new posters who have acid tongues at times.

I'm glad someone from the oldschool could admit that

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 05:10 PM

Originally Posted By: XDCX
I've been a member of these boards for 9 years. I remember the glory days, when we could have civilized discussions without having to worry about being ridiculed or dismissed because of our opinions. There ar far too man people here now who refuse to respect the opinions of those who disagree with them, and SC is right...most of the discussion nowadays devolve into pissing contests. I'm not innocent, but I have always tried to be respectful, sometimes without success, but successful most of the time. I don't think SC is leaving, but I could hardly blame him if he did.

Maybe he needs a week to think about it no?
Posted By: Danito

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 05:36 PM

Please, stay!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKLvKZ6nIiA

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 06:25 PM

Still not buying it. whistle
Posted By: Mignon

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 06:38 PM

To many of the older members have left and are staying away due to other members or for whatever reason. I left a couple times due to a couple members who just got on my nerves. I read more than I post these days. If I have something to say I'll post.

Dear SC,
You are to much of a corner stone/rock on this BB. I hope in time you will want to come back. I know that we have been on the outs as of late but I wish you all the best and please know that you are loved.

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 07:15 PM

I don't think he's going down with out a fight!!!

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
To many of the older members have left and are staying away due to other members or for whatever reason. I left a couple times due to a couple members who just got on my nerves. I read more than I post these days. If I have something to say I'll post.

I think we have all left for a while for one period or another. Hey, it is a Internet forum for crying out loud. Life does go on off these boards...So what is wrong with dropping out for a while, for many they just grew up and got a job and a life after school. or others then finally just got a real life- lol

I just looked and found out that I have been here over ten years! With all this talk about things were better back then, I say maybe, then again maybe not. It was new back then, and so was all this computer and Internet stuff....We have always had people who stood out and got more their fair share of attention. Some people always think things were better in the past, smile just like our parents and grand parents.

One thing is for sure, don't let others keep you from posting if and when you like. Like they say opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one. lol Just take a deep breath and pass the ones you don't like. Let us leave the drama at home where your mama can wipe the tears away cryif some nasty poster hurts your feelings. lol (not towards you Migon)

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 07:59 PM

I agree if you don't like a member or there opinions/views then its best to ignore the member, but it must be harder to moderate..
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 08:32 PM

Like most of you, I hope it´s a joke too. If it´s not, I wonder what the OC section will become without SC. There is where I usually post. I prefer to stick to topics I find interesting, where I feel I can contribute or/and enhance and stimulate my own knowledge. My lack of insight in American politics and American life in general prevents me from taking a bigger part in the General Discussion section but I must say that I do enjoy very much reading the various topics discussed, the ones respectfully debated anyway (and most of them are), even there.

Don´t give up on the OC section. Even if it has turned out to be more of a sandbox lately. Altough it doesn´t bother me at all being called a bookworm fa***t and whatever (it can never bother me because no one knows me personally on here) I am sick and tired of the constant fighting and bullying of some posters by others who think they are so tough sitting behind a computer belittling posters. Aren´t we all adults on here? I really understand and respect SC´s reaction. But I also feel we need him around here, more than ever.

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 08:37 PM

I thought Turnbull was a mod for the OC section, maybe it's time for him to have a wise word with the culprits.
Posted By: Mark

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 09:18 PM

I seriously hope that this is indeed an April Fool's joke. If not, we lost a good man today with a ton of class. Hope you take some time to recharge your batteries and return soon, SC.

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark
I seriously hope that this is indeed an April Fool's joke. If not, we lost a good man today with a ton of class. Hope you take some time to recharge your batteries and return soon, SC.

Mark maybe he went East?
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 09:31 PM

Hey SC, whaddaya think you're the Pope? you can't just resign? oh, no buddy this IS a position for life. Now, unless you want to sleep with the fishes, get your ass back here on Tuesday. APRIL FOOLS! Good one. Besides you are one of three people who truly know my sexual identity......even if you are a dumb Red Sox fan.

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 10:09 PM

Red Sox fan!!! What?? Haha that's more absurd than me being a Yankees fan in Massachusetts. But in all seriousness I hope this is an April fools joke. I can't really decide what it might be
Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/01/13 10:11 PM

I didn`t know you have an "April fool"...

I am not writing as much as I used to do in the past, but I know SC enough to be aware how important is the guy here.

SC, I know we haven`t talk each other for so long. I know you have a choice, you are about to leave, so what? I don´t think it`s an healthful option. SC, doesn´t belong to you only. SC belongs to EVERYBODY here. If there are people around behaving wrongly, you should ignore them as TIS says. Don´t go. You are an essencial part of GangsterBB. Personally, I don´t regard a GangsterBB forum without a SC. Come on! What are you talking about. Next time you write here, maybe to say thanks and goodbye, I want to read you changed your mind and gonna stay here. I don´t expect you to write antother thing than staying here. Please reconsider you decision. I am not going to say goodbye because I know you are gonna be here. I don´t expect you to say another thing I and the rest don´t want to read.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/02/13 12:11 AM

Everyone made some great points, and when I get to the bottom of it, I'll be making some more points of my own. But until then, let's just wait and see. But in the mean time:

FS is right, people come and go and come back or not. Hell, that's almost what I've been doing lately myself. Some things are less exciting than they were when we started. Old timers come back more to see their friends than to participate in b.s. conversations. Or both.

If I left too much of the burden on SC then it's entirely my fault, and I will do whatever it takes -- even if that means screening every post on the OC forum before it's posted, or, making people earn the right to post there, or, even taking it down completely for a while. Whatever it takes. Because the BB isn't going down because of a group of assholes who show no respect for anyone or anything. If you happen to be one of those assholes reading this, then please do yourself and the rest of us a favor, and get the hell out.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/02/13 12:13 AM

Geoff, you're so sexy when you're forceful.

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/02/13 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Geoff, you're so sexy when you're forceful.

The Mighty Quinn!

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/02/13 01:50 AM

Yea Geoff!!! clap You do have a way with words. Tell it like it is.

TIS

Edit: Unfortunately it's NOT only the OC thread. Let's put it this way Geoff......you'll be busy reading. LOL

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/02/13 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
TIS

lol I was going to post the exact same thing, but you beat me by 1 minute.

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/02/13 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
TIS

lol I was going to post the exact same thing, but you beat me by 1 minute.

Great minds???? lol

TIS
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/02/13 02:01 AM

I usually stay away from talking in controversial topics, or at least just say one point and that's it. But, yea as a mod you have to you read every bullshit and I bet it does get very annoying.

Anyways though, after some time hope you do come back SC. At least a bright side is the red sox beat the yankees.

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/02/13 05:18 AM

Originally Posted By: BAM_233
...as a mod you have to you read every bullshit and I bet it does get very annoying.

Ya think??

Let this teach some of you a lesson... as admin, I can do whatever I want; so you're lucky to have had SC mediating....you please him, you please me. You piss him off, you piss me off, TWICE! So you better pray he comes back or there WILL be HELL to pay; trust me on that!

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/02/13 06:02 AM

JG, Does the UBB software allow you to disable "new users" from starting new threads until they reach a certain post count? While it won't solve every problem, it will eliminate a lot of the useless threads that seem to keep getting started. I had something similar on my old BBS software, and it helped.

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/02/13 06:21 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff
Originally Posted By: BAM_233
...as a mod you have to you read every bullshit and I bet it does get very annoying.

Ya think??

Let this teach some of you a lesson... as admin, I can do whatever I want; so you're lucky to have had SC mediating....you please him, you please me. You piss him off, you piss me off, TWICE! So you better pray he comes back or there WILL be HELL to pay; trust me on that!

KICK ASS GEOFF!!!

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/02/13 06:30 AM

It's all being considered..... so some might wanna watch out, or disappear quietly... their choice!
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/02/13 03:59 PM

Hope this is either an April Fool joke, or just a "time out" for SC who is a mainstay here.

This section of the BB has "been slippin" for some time, but as Sen Geary said, we should nott let a few rotten apples spoil the whole barrel.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/02/13 05:39 PM

Let's set up a meeting to sorten things out. We send Turnbull to him as the family's oldest friend to make sure that, even though he thinks he's out, we pull him back in.

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/02/13 05:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Let's set up a meeting to sorten things out. We send Turnbull to him as the family's oldest friend to make sure that, even though he thinks he's out, he's pulled back in.

Sonny, I'm not so sure about this SC fella. I want to see what's under his fingernails. I want you to go to Geoff, tell him you're not too happy with the boards yourself and that you'd like to statrt a new board with SC.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/02/13 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
Let's set up a meeting to sorten things out. We send Turnbull to him as the family's oldest friend to make sure that, even though he thinks he's out, he's pulled back in.

Sonny, I'm not so sure about this SC fella. I want to see what's under his fingernails. I want you to go to Geoff, tell him you're not too happy with the boards yourself and that you'd like to statrt a new board with SC.

If he can offer me a glass of Scotch pre-war so I can refuse it I'm good to go.

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/02/13 06:28 PM

Sorry, SC cannot come back!

With all this begging and pleading for his return and his birthday thread...his head has gotten so big that he can no longer fit into the boards. lol

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/02/13 07:20 PM

SC,

Sorry the only one I can think of. Glad you are back.

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/03/13 04:04 PM

Maybe next year we should forget the April Fools jokes. Seems like some of them don't go over as well a people think they would:

Florida DJs May Face Felony for April Fools' Water Joke Worse Than Rubio's

Florida country radio morning-show hosts Val St. John and Scott Fish are currently serving indefinite suspensions and possibly worse over a successful April Fools' Day prank. They told their listeners that "dihydrogen monoxide" was coming out of the taps throughout the Fort Myers area. Dihydrogen monoxide is water.

The popular deejays are mainly in all this trouble (potentially of a felony level) because their listeners panicked so much — about the molecular makeup of their drinking water, however unwittingly — that Lee County utility officials had to issue a county-wide statement calming the fears of chemistry challenged Floridians.

Audio evidence of exactly how St. John and Fish executed this bad joke remains scarce, as they were pulled off the air around 8:30 a.m. — about three and half hours into their Val and Scott in the Morning show on WWGR/Gator Country 101.9 FM, which airs across a big region of Southwest Florida. That was enough time for listeners to begin calling the water company.

"They were joking that 'dihydrogen monoxide' was coming out of Lee County residents' taps," reports Florida's WPTV, though it also remains unclear just how much the two hosts stoked the joke, and whether they actually told people to stop drinking the "dihydrogen monoxide" coming out of their taps. The WWGR station's manager did have to issue a retraction — or at least a constant on-air admission that the gag was, in fact, a joke — even though St. John and Fish were technically correct that dihydrogen monoxide was, indeed, coming out of their taps.

"Every break we have we're telling listeners it was a goof, a bad joke," Tony Renda, general manager at WWGR radio told WTSP-TV. And apparently, the station, the water works, and perhaps the authorities are still trying to figure out if the two hosts could face felony charges for, again, reporting that the scientific name of water was coming out of the pipes. "My understanding is it is a felony to call in a false water quality issue," Diane Holm, a public information officer for Lee County, told WTSP, while Renda stood firm about his deejays: "They will have to deal with the circumstances."

St. John and Fish are currently off the air, and maybe someone should tell their Senator, Marco Rubio — he of the unending water joke — or conservative lawmakers across the land: Our CPAC correspondent Elspeth Reeve tells us that the whole water-is-a-chemical-called-"dihydrogen oxide" bit was a really hit at the annual conference's panel entitled "How I Learned to Stop Worrying & Love Plastic Water Bottles, Fracking, Genetically Modified Food, & Big Gulp Sodas."

Update 4:36 p.m. Eastern: We noticed that the station seems to be enjoying this controversy, despite the very real concerns expressed to the Lee County utility. There's a poll on the Gator Country website asking when the two DJs should return to air, with (at the time we viewed the results) 78 percent of those voting "never."
Posted By: johnnyboysala

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/03/13 04:13 PM

This is a real shame if its true. Would not blame SC for a second though. Even in my very short time posting here (a year) there have been a whole new wave of guys just trying to cause trouble. And a handful of guys who've been here a bit longer who should really know better and who've taken advantage of SC's good nature.

If SC really does have to leave, and lets all hope he doesn't, let's just hope people learn their lesson. Either way I'm looking forward to Geoff kicking ass and taking names in response.

If it was a April Fool by SC it was a brilliant and very pointed one that has drawn attention to an increasingly sucky situation!

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/03/13 04:15 PM

It was a joke Johnny, SC has posted since.
Posted By: johnnyboysala

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/03/13 04:20 PM

Oh, that's a little embarrassing! Oh well, my point still stands though.....I think!!!

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/03/13 04:54 PM

Maybe we declare SC to be the Henry Kissinger of the boards. I seem to recall Henry "quit" whenever he got mad at Nixon or the press, which was every day.

Just joking. Glad SC is with us, whether it was an April Fool prank, or a message to the gang of idiots who have been infilitating the boards, or both.
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/03/13 06:40 PM

For the benefit of those who still might be unaware, SC's announcement of his return was posted in the DOMA thread yesterday afternoon when things were getting rather heated. It began:

Originally Posted By: SC
OK. The April Fool joke is done and over and the Sheriff is back in town.

Yeeeee-ha! (Hmmm... Maybe this little guy belongs over in the Gun Control thread!)

And a good thing, too. For the record, I think it would a good idea if folks checked out the rest of SC's posts over there, as well as Geoff's comments.

Perhaps it's time to introduce a new avatar to the Boards:

"We're Watching You!"

On the other hand, considering what's been going on over in the DOMA thread... whistle

Anyway, SC, as the song says: "It's so nice to have you back where you belong!"

Signor V.

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/03/13 07:57 PM

SC, I am sending you a special shhh embalmer cream that we use...
you just rub it all over your a$$ cheeks...It will keep you from getting chapped.....

with all that a$$ kissing that you get around here. lol Now get back to work before we dock your pay! lol
CAMILLUS DON

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/03/13 08:00 PM

"I don't like the country, crickets make me nervous, whadda ya gonna do up there?"
Posted By: Fame

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/03/13 09:55 PM

wowza! was planning to post here this saturday but looks like it will have to be sooner. I've got lots to say about our dear Sports Center dude...and all that's going on in the Orange County section, but I gotta get offline now, so please don't lock this thread in the meantime.

Later folks.
Posted By: Danito

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/03/13 10:14 PM

SC, please, never frighten me again.
Or I will report it to a moderator.

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/03/13 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Fame
wowza! was planning to post here this saturday but looks like it will have to be sooner. I've got lots to say about our dear Sports Center dude...and all that's going on in the Orange County section, but I gotta get offline now, so please don't lock this thread in the meantime.

Later folks.

Welcome back Fame, hope all is well.

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/04/13 01:06 AM

Yeah welcome back Fame!
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/04/13 02:39 AM

I've been around long enough to know not to trust SC and Geoff around April Fool's, but I won't claim I didn't keep an eye on this thread just in case. SC would've had some 'splainin' to do, though. tongue

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/04/13 05:15 AM

SC and I don't always have a good history with April Fools jokes.

One time many years ago I actually -- and very stupidly! -- turned all site traffic to the GF site to a "404 Not Found" page. Pretty dumb I found out! lol Live and learn... wink

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/04/13 10:20 AM

One time many years ago I actually -- and very stupidly! -- turned all site traffic to the GF site to a "404 Not Found" page. Pretty dumb I found out! lol Live and learn... wink

Thank God it only comes around only once a year! smile
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/06/13 08:37 PM

Remember that time we posted Vagina to everything instead of Penis, man we got them good that time....

Sorry if that humor is a little too high brow
Posted By: Fame

Re: SC Bids Farewell - 04/06/13 09:23 PM

Mig, DeNiro, I love you guys.

First of all, regarding SC: He's too loyal to JG and not the kind to leave a burning house. And even if he was to leave for a while (which he did quietly some time ago) you can rest assured he'll never start a thread to tell you. You guys have short memory! There was a time here few years back, when members couldn't take the heat and every couple of days there a was a thread like this saying: "I'm sick of all these assholes, I'm leaving!". And no one was more against those threads than SC. They usually end up with "if you don't like it here just leave; no need for goodbye threads" as well as "Cicci, a porta!" and "don't let the door hit you on the way out".

Besides, telling the fools to behave gives SC a good reason to wake up in the morning! (say it ain't so SC tongue )

And now...the OC:

(and JG, these are all suggestions, nothing more)

I think these constant warnings the fools are getting are useless, waste of time. Almost all of them end up doing the same shit again sooner or later, so why be nice with them? bullies need to get their ass banned ASAP. And I know it because I used to be one. I know how a bully thinks, I know how he feels. You will not change their behaviour today or tomorrow. It took years for me to change, and I was lucky.

Also, keep in mind every warning they get from you is already their SECOND: Don Cardi left a very specific thread which you can't miss. It's the only one locked & sticky, and I bet you all of them read it...and obviously chose not to listen.

As for shutting down the section...I don't think it's a good idea. No need to punish the good folks together with the bad ones. The section used to have some excellent threads in the past, and I'm sure there are still some good ones here and there. (oh I just remembered this awesome thread I ran into once, I'll link it later in the museum thread)

The other solutions (password-protected section/ earn the right to post) will give you headaches and plenty of work. And it might only work for the short run. I think the heart of the problem needs to be taken out with a spoon, and the problem is TRAFFIC. It's simply too heavy and without proportions, considering all the other sections.

Yeah, there were always gangster-wannabes who find the OC their new home and make a mess of it; but never that many, and they keep showing like cockroaches by the minute! how on earth do they all end up in here, and what changed in the last couple of years is where the problem lies.

Is it forum advertisement?

Is it Google Search?

I just ran some combos on Google, and looks like 'gangster forum' or 'mafia forum' and all kind of similar searches will make this forum first find.

Is there a way to make this forum findable for GF fans yet less findable for gangster-wannabes? will it help if you change the name or description so they won't contain the words "gangster" or "mafia"?

If the name "GangsterBB" is too attractive for assholes and bullies, then I don't think anyone will lose sleep at night if you change it. ("JGclub.net", "GFclub", "Cannoliclub.net" grin )

Anyways...thanx for reading. No more than suggestions JG. I'm sure you'll find the golden path.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET