Home

How do you know some one has Heart?

Posted By: RichieAnimal

How do you know some one has Heart? - 03/16/13 12:14 PM

It also comes up in soccer. Can it be coached or are your born with it? Can you find out if a player might have it at a try out.

Anyone have any ideas on this.

When I was a kid if a guy had courage he had heart. If he didn't he was a punk snd you matter well leave where you live or die. Because if you stay you will never have an hours piece. If you worked they would take your money off you. They would go out of their way to pick s fight with you.
Posted By: olivant

Re: How do you know some one has Heart? - 03/16/13 04:48 PM

You've gotta have....Heart!
All you really need is heart!
When the odds are sayin' you'll never win, that's when the grin should start!
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: How do you know some one has Heart? - 03/16/13 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
You've gotta have....Heart!
All you really need is heart!
When the odds are sayin' you'll never win, that's when the grin should start!

My daughter performed that song in her high school's production of "Damn Yankees". How do you feel about musicals? Do you enjoy them? I love musicals, personally, but many men feel that if they do, it's a blow against their manhood. I don't think so! What do you think?

Re: How do you know some one has Heart? - 03/16/13 07:26 PM

Musicals are okay if they are the right ones. However, men shy away from them just like they tend to shy away from sentimental movies. It's a guy thing.

Re: How do you know some one has Heart? - 03/16/13 10:12 PM

You want to see a sentimental move see Adam sandler in reign on me. I never knew sandler was a good actor with the right part

On musicals my wife introduced me to broadway and musicals when we first got married. Dig musicals like les Miserables, jersey boys based on Frankie Vialli and the four seasons. Never like them as a kid I thought he sang like a girl.

A great musical that only ran a year on broadway but will be brought back one day is tale of two cities. I though it was pretty freaking good but I would not call any of these musicals sissy musicals. Then we have west side story love the music but can't help making fun of gang members dancing. That never computed for me.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: How do you know some one has Heart? - 03/16/13 10:37 PM

Anybody who calls football soccer does not have a heart.. wink

Re: How do you know some one has Heart? - 03/16/13 11:06 PM

The term soccer was invented by the English
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: How do you know some one has Heart? - 03/17/13 12:32 AM

I'm not sure what this thread is about. Heart - courage, drive, compassion, never-say-die.

Musicals? I thought they were dumb as a movie. Around 1988 I performed in "Oklahoma!". I was hooked on musicals. I learned to appreciate the composite of acting, singing, dancing, lyrics, story. Les Miserables, the epitome of a musical with heart.

Jake LaMotta. Heart or psychosis?
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: How do you know some one has Heart? - 03/17/13 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas

He was a real gavone. He was good friends with my uncle's older brothers and hung around some of the CYO dances that my mom went to, and he was a real jerk. Loud, obnoxious, always looking for a fight.

Re: How do you know some one has Heart? - 03/17/13 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Originally Posted By: MaryCas

He was a real gavone. He was good friends with my uncle's older brothers and hung around some of the CYO dances that my mom went to, and he was a real jerk. Loud, obnoxious, always looking for a fight.

From what I understand from several sources, the movie portrayed him correctly.

Re: How do you know some one has Heart? - 03/17/13 07:29 AM

The reason the thread went from heart to other stuff was the posters decided to go in another direction instead on the subject. What am I going to fight that? So I went with the flow besides not to many people have heart.

Having heart in life means being self motivated to do what ever it takes to become or do what he wants to do. Something that others can never do because they are afraid to do whatever it takes to reach his goal or die trying.

In soccer aka football it means for example to push yourself to be up when the ball is up even when most would be to tired to be up when the ball is up. That is when a player has tge heart of a winner.

If you have a team of players like that who never quit your team is always going to do well.
Posted By: Viceguy

Re: How do you know some one has Heart? - 03/25/13 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: RichieAnimal

Having heart in life means being self motivated to do what ever it takes to become or do what he wants to do. Something that others can never do because they are afraid to do whatever it takes to reach his goal or die trying.

I like that, RA. Although there are other terms which are, IMO, a better fit, in context of the topic, it will do. J.R. Ewing had heart--if, in keeping with the nature of the board, morality is not necessarily taken into account.

And musicals, imagine growing up where I did, the hood, and expressing an interest. I use to sneak downtown to Wadsworth ( oldest continually operating museum in US) afraid of being outted as appreciating things other than basketball and 'gators (shoes). I wanted to write, plays, scripts, commercials, comedy. I saw Can Can and was blown away. Gypsy, Ether Merman, The Music Man, oh man. Brings me back... memories....
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET