Home

Important QUESTION

Posted By: southend

Important QUESTION - 02/20/13 02:52 PM

Anybody here that has experience with parole and/or probation I'm hoping can maybe help me out and answer my question. What's the statute of limitations on a warrant for a violation(dirty urine)?
Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/20/13 04:05 PM

Originally Posted By: southend
Anybody here that has experience with parole and/or probation I'm hoping can maybe help me out and answer my question. What's the statute of limitations on a warrant for a violation(dirty urine)?

In Mass and NY there are no statue of limitations on a warrant. Only limits on crimes.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/20/13 04:45 PM

None. It stands like an open bench warrant. Which in New York City is forever.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/20/13 05:33 PM

There is a federal government and 50 state governments. Thus, there are 51 sets of statutes and 51 sets of criminal procedure codes. When you ask a legal question, identify the sets to which your question accrues.

Warrants don't expire unless so ordered by the court of competent jurisdiction.

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/20/13 05:40 PM

[quote=olivant]There is a federal government and 50 state governments. Thus, there are 51 sets of statutes and 51 sets of criminal procedure codes. When you ask a legal question, identify the sets to which your question accrues.

Im not the smartest guy in the world, however when the phrase "answer me" a question, then I can look left an inch and see Springfield Mass I feel safe to make an assumption he is asking about Mass law. Thats just me though.
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/20/13 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Im not the smartest guy in the world, however when the phrase "answer me" a question, then I can look left an inch and see Springfield Mass I feel safe to make an assumption he is asking about Mass law. Thats just me though.
He might be meaning also, is it a state or federal warrant, in which case i'd assume its a state one.

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/20/13 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: scarfacetm

He might be meaning also, is it a state or federal warrant, in which case i'd assume its a state one.

Either way, all warrants are Habious Corpas. There are no limitations.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/21/13 05:09 PM

There are circumstances under which a warrant can become "stale" and thus thrown out but without going into too much detail thats an exception not the rule.
If there is a warrant for someone's arrest and that person is evading it, or otherwise unable to be found the warrant stays viable. As Oli pointed out there are 51 Jurisdictions in the States and DC and then there is Federal Jurisdiction, so there are different rules that apply depending on the jurisdiction and the totality of circumstances.

As for other posts, two things: 1) Just because the person who asked the question has Massachusetts in his profile does not mean the warrant is a Massachusetts warrant. The first rule of law is "Never assume anything."
Second, it is spelled Habeus Corpus means to deliver the person to the court.

Moreover, since the question has to do with parol and probation I would add if this warrant involves a violation of parol and/or probation it is not likely to expire ever.

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/21/13 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

There are circumstances under which a warrant can become "stale" and thus thrown out but without going into too much detail thats an exception not the rule.
If there is a warrant for someone's arrest and that person is evading it, or otherwise unable to be found the warrant stays viable. As Oli pointed out there are 51 Jurisdictions in the States and DC and then there is Federal Jurisdiction, so there are different rules that apply depending on the jurisdiction and the totality of circumstances.

As for other posts, two things: 1) Just because the person who asked the question has Massachusetts in his profile does not mean the warrant is a Massachusetts warrant. The first rule of law is "Never assume anything."
Second, it is spelled Habeus Corpus means to deliver the person to the court.

Moreover, since the question has to do with parol and probation I would add if this warrant involves a violation of parol and/or probation it is not likely to expire ever.

Good catch, its parole not parol. In regars to habues corpas, thats what I was refering too. Bring the body! As in the same verbage as Mass law!

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/21/13 05:16 PM

http://law.onecle.com/massachusetts/248/1.html

Mass has an old system and still uses Latin. Chapter 248. Ive attached

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/21/13 05:33 PM

And if you notice Don Tomasso you spelt it wrong also! Its Habeas!

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/21/13 06:38 PM

I stand corrected. Also, spelt is some kind of grain. I think you mean "spelled."

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/21/13 06:43 PM

I stand corrected. Also, spelt is some kind of grain. I think you mean "spelled."

No, spelt is fine how I utilized it. Anything else?

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/21/13 06:44 PM

You "utilized spelt?"

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/21/13 06:48 PM

You "utilized spelt?"

Nope, but I would be upset like you are when you attempted to correct me and spelt the word wrong yourself! It's understandable. But my own inflated self worth doesn't allow my ego to get involved with decisions like your has.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/21/13 07:59 PM

Your telling me....

I speak a little hun talk... I only know the good words and the rest i make up as i go along
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/21/13 08:08 PM

If you need clean urine ..you can turn the heat the whole way up in your car...or if get one of those coffee comes that keep your drink warm they plug into the ac outlet or a usb port
Posted By: SC

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/21/13 08:44 PM

Nope, but I would be upset like you are when you attempted to correct me and spelt the word wrong yourself! It's understandable. But my own inflated self worth doesn't allow my ego to get involved with decisions like your has.

This is REALLY annoying and childish shit. EHI, keep this stuff off the boards!

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/21/13 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: SC

If you read the entire post SC it was a tit for tat conversation. And as in most conversations there were more they involve more than one person. But keep playing your favorites.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/21/13 08:54 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

If you need clean urine ..you can turn the heat the whole way up in your car...or if get one of those coffee comes that keep your drink warm they plug into the ac outlet or a usb port

DickNose you seem to be a guy who has most likely had a few Probation or Parole Officers urine test you over the years. You ever use the Whizzinator? lol I remember when Tom Sizemore got popped trying to use one. lol.

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/21/13 08:58 PM

If you read the entire post SC it was a tit for tat conversation. And as in most conversations there were more they involve more than one person. But keep playing your favorites.

You can attribute that to me playing favorites or you can accept it that you simply don't play nicely with others here. This is hardly the first time you've been warned against this kind of behavior.

Smarten up and take a chill pill before you come onto the boards.

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/21/13 09:03 PM

Ok I will take your advice. Let me ask a question if you don't mind? A person pulls a part of my conversation and was nice enough to point out my incorrect spelling of a Latin word. Funny part was his correction of my spelling was also wrong! However, here is my question, how would you handle that?

Also, please notice I did not use any vulgar language or threats!

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/21/13 09:12 PM

Ok Let me ask a question if you don't mind? A person pulls a part of my conversation and was nice enough to point out my incorrect spelling of a Latin word. Funny part was his correction of my spelling was also wrong! However, here is my question, how would you handle that?

OK, I probably would have made a reply showing that his word was misspelled, too. I would NOT have added the clincher, though:

You're taking this up one level. One very unnecessary level.

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/21/13 09:17 PM

Ok Let me ask a question if you don't mind? A person pulls a part of my conversation and was nice enough to point out my incorrect spelling of a Latin word. Funny part was his correction of my spelling was also wrong! However, here is my question, how would you handle that?

OK, I probably would have made a reply showing that his word was misspelled, too. I would NOT have added the clincher, though:

You're taking this up one level. One very unnecessary level.

I watch to much Emeril and I like to "kick it up a notch, baam"

Ya, the Emeril reference probably not a neccesity.

Thank you for your kind words and wisdom!
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/21/13 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Originally Posted By: Giancarlo
[quote=DickNose_Moltasanti][quote=southend]Anybody here that has experience with parole and/or probation I'm hoping can maybe help me out and answer my question. What's the statute of limitations on a warrant for a violation(dirty urine)?

DickNose you seem to be a guy who has most likely had a few Probation or Parole Officers urine test you over the years. You ever use the Whizzinator? lol I remember when Tom Sizemore got popped trying to use one. lol.

lol Is he still alive or did he go AWOL from his rehab again

Re: Important QUESTION - 02/21/13 10:38 PM

Habeas Corpus got him!
Posted By: bostonattorney

Re: Important QUESTION - 05/09/13 01:15 AM

Statutes of limitations are created to prevent people from having to defend against old allegations. They are notice driven. If there is a warrant there is no such thing as a statute of limitations. You may have a statute of limitations defense to the underlying case but in order to present the defense you have to remove the warrant.

If the only violation is a dirty urine and there is no allegation of new criminal conduct I would enroll in some treatment program and then have the social worker at the program reach out to remove the warrant. Far less likely you will be held and as you know it's all quid pro quo with these meaning if you aren't detained initially on a probation/parole issue it is much less likely you will serve any time.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET