Home

Happy New Year.

Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 10:29 AM

Well folks. it's that happy time of year again. Best wishes to all for the New Year and hope you all have a good one!

I am working nights which is about as bad as it can get but never mind, just think of all that lovely double time pay Yogi tongue

P.S. Remember as well folks, drink responsibly as i would do if i were off whistle
Posted By: SC

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 12:00 PM

Yogi is five hours ahead of us, so if he won't be drinking tonight that means that there should be enough for me when midnight gets here.

Happy New Year to all.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 12:05 PM

I wish everyone a happy new year. smile

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 12:15 PM

SC, i will give you a heads up on how the new year is shaping up in the five hours leading up to yours so you can plan accordingly.... lol

It will probably go like this on FaceBook

Work, nights, new year, grim frown frown tongue lol
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 03:05 PM

Happy New Year, all. May the new year bring you all success and happiness.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 03:06 PM

Happy new year everyone, have a good one..
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 03:27 PM

Happy New Year to all my BB friends. I hope everyone has a wonderful 2013.

Gosh, I remember (way back) when I simply HAD to go out or do something fun on New Year's Eve. smile Usually we'd buy tickets to a restaurant/lounge way in advance and with several other couples go out for dinner/dancing/drinking.

Looking back now, there were many many times it was snowy/blizzardy (this was in MI) AND we drove anyway. OMG, how stupid was that? uhwhat I would never do that now but am thankful we were very lucky (tho stupid)during those days. Yea, it's really been that long since I've had that kind of New Year's Eve.

I am content to stay home now. I'm a real ball of excitement. lol

TIS

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 03:53 PM

Before I was married, my wife and I would join other couples and go out and have dinner, drinks and dancing at some big hotel with lots of people. We now usually hang out with friends and are usually home before midnight. Sometimes we just stay home, which is more than alright with me.

Saturday night we were at a party, and a friend advised that she and her husband might have a little party and will call us today to confirm. I'm kind of hoping she doesn't follow through.

I much prefer New Year's Day where I watch football, the Twilight Zone marathon (where are you, Gina?) and make a ton of pork and sauerkraut.

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 03:56 PM

Oh crap, that's right. All kinds of Bowls right? rolleyes Thank God for cable tv, at least I have a choice. You all enjoy your sports though. I'll watch anything else (except reality tv, but it's close). lol

TIS

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 04:04 PM

Me and my good lady always used to go out on New Years, being half Scottish the spirit of riotous Hogmanay is in my blood obviously, but in recent years we have not bothered, although we always stay up. This is due in part to me working shifts, if i am not in on nights i am up early next day for an early. The 3 years we have had proper holidays we have gone away to a cottage in the hills for the celebration. A bit like some strange hippy hermits wink

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 04:06 PM

Glad I'm not alone in staying home.

For the young ones who DO party on New Year's Eve, what do you do? House parties? Bars? Whatever you do, be safe and don't drink/drive. wink

TIS

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 04:14 PM

My older son will be attending a party at a friend's apartment out of town and will be spending the night there. My younger son has a party in town, and he too will likely be spending the night. My daughter, who's a high school freshman, will celebrate with mom and dad.

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
I much prefer New Year's Day where I watch football, the Twilight Zone marathon (where are you, Gina?) and make a ton of pork and sauerkraut.

And punchki, too????

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Right now it's even money on whether I'll stay up long enough to watch the ball drop in Times Square. It'll be bad enough to watch it without Dick Clark, especially since I'm only just getting over it without Guy Lombardo. wink

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: SC

Right now it's even money on whether I'll stay up long enough to watch the ball drop in Times Square. It'll be bad enough to watch it without Dick Clark, especially since I'm only just getting over it without Guy Lombardo. wink

SC, I'm kind of over Lombardo lol but I will miss Dick Clark. frown

Well, my daughter & her family always stay home. It works out well for them, since they have three little ones. They watch the ball drop in Times Square (she was asking me what channel that's on, if anyone knows OR I'll just check later) at 9:00 here in CA and then she says they all go to bed. lol They replay it HERE around midnight but it's not the same if it's a repeat. ohwell They use to air a show from Vegas which is same time zone as CA and I use to watch that, but don't think it's on anymore.

Oh, and Kly, good that your kids are staying over night but out here, in recent years, they have free rides to/from bars to home for New Year's Eve. Does your state have that as well? It really IS a good idea.

TIS

For Walking Dead Fans, AMC is repeated back to back episodes of season 3 today.

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 04:42 PM

And punchki, too????

If I can find some...

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 04:44 PM

It'll be bad enough to watch it without Dick Clark, especially since I'm only just getting over it without Guy Lombardo. wink

Guy Lomardo died???

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 04:49 PM

Oh, and Kly, good that your kids are staying over night but out here, in recent years, they have free rides to/from bars to home for New Year's Eve. Does your state have that as well? It really IS a good idea.

Yes, TIS. They've been publicizing it heavily this year. Free taxi rides home for anyone, who has too much to drink. They'll even drive your car home for you too. It runs from 6 PM to 6 AM.
Posted By: ThePolakVet

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 05:47 PM

Happy New Year, people!

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 10:55 PM

Ok, be honest. Who's gonna stay sober tonight? lol

TIS
Posted By: olivant

Re: Happy New Year. - 12/31/12 11:23 PM

Ok, be honest. Who's gonna stay sober tonight? lol

TIS

I will. I may have a glass of wine. If I do, it will be a white zinfendel; my wife will drink a full bodied wine. But that's all for us.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/01/13 03:20 AM

I bought a nice bottle of champagne, but I think we forgot to put it in the fridge. Last year, the girls had their friends here, and by about 1:00 a.m. we confiscated lots of car keys and turned it into a giant slumber party. I loved having them here. This year, they went out, so it's just us old farts. We went out earlier for Chinese, and now we're just hanging out watching TV. I believe I may have heard a snore from my husband's recliner.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/01/13 03:25 AM

Put on the Twilight Zone Marathon on the Syfy channel! Happy New Year!
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/01/13 04:04 AM

Not doing anything tonight. The Hub and my Son had to go back to Ohio tonight. frown Just hanging with my baby Dylan.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/01/13 04:40 AM

Remember -- it's HAPPY NEW YEAR, NOT HAPPY NEW YEARS. It's only one new year

Happy New Year!

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/01/13 04:45 AM

Over 3 hours to go here. You guys back East will be in 2013 while CA will still be in 2012. grin I don't think I'll be awake at midnight. Happy New Year though.

TIS
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/01/13 04:59 AM

You know turning on ABC, for a solid minute I kept wondering if I had already missed Dick Clark's moments (since his stroke, he had been relegated to do studio segments) until I remembered that Mr. Clark was no longer with us.
Posted By: Frank_Nitti

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/01/13 05:06 AM

Life is like the seasons
After winter comes the spring...

Happy New Year, Err Body

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/01/13 05:09 AM

Yea, I'll miss Dick Clark too. frown I'm guessing the "New Year's Rocking Eve" show will continue for many years to come. smile Geez, I remember when it first started (tho can't recall exact year).

I had to tune in to CNN to see the "live" ball drop. ABC will rebroadcast Time's Square at 10:00. Love all the activity, confetti, and they always play NY, NY. I'd love to be there some day on New Year's Eve if it weren't so dang freezing. panic Didn't look like snow though.

TIS
Posted By: ronnierocketAGO

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/01/13 05:12 AM

Thanks FN! Happy New Year to you and everybody!
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/01/13 05:16 AM

Happy New Year !!!
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/01/13 08:51 PM

I thought I posted here whistle

Happy Lucky '13 everyone! Let's hope it's better than that bitch of 2012! wink
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/01/13 09:11 PM

Happy New Year everybody!!! smile

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/01/13 10:19 PM

First time in years decided not to go out for New Years went to my parents house had a big spread and some friends and family over what a shitty year 2012 was hopefully 2013 will be better
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/01/13 10:32 PM

^^^i also stayed home with the folks had lots of food/drinks. Last year I was out all night in Manhattan, and I didnt feel like going through all that crap this year. 2012 was a good year for me, and hopefully 2013 is better.

Hopefully, everybody had a good new years celebration.

I saw Ted yesterday, it was basically like a live-action Family Guy. It was enjoyable, but I am not a huge Family Guy buff.

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/01/13 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
^^^i also stayed home with the folks had lots of food/drinks. Last year I was out all night in Manhattan, and I didnt feel like going through all that crap this year. 2012 was a good year for me, and hopefully 2013 is better.

I saw Ted yesterday, it was basically like a live-action Family Guy. It was enjoyable, but I am not a huge Family Guy buff.

How many starts would you give Ted. We could use the RocketRating System..RSS Accredited lol
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/01/13 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

How many starts would you give Ted. We could use the RocketRating System..RSS Accredited lol

Out of 10, an 8
Out of 5, a 3.5
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/02/13 12:02 AM

I was thinking of you guys!

I'm the same way, much rather stay at home than go out - but I do love gathering with loved ones, so I do my best to lure them over to our house. lol My brother made the drive out, and my good friend stayed over too, and then we got the neighbors to join us for our traditional sfingi making. And now we're recovering from the festivities with a full day of TZ!

Hope you all had an enjoyable evening, and happy new year!

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/02/13 02:17 AM

@ Klydon are you PA Dutch or German I went over a friends house there mom is PA Dutch and German I ate some pork and sauerkraut for good luck
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/02/13 02:27 AM

XDC, just saw it's your birthday! So it really is a new year for you! Have a good one.

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/02/13 03:42 AM

Didn't notice that until Gi pointed it out. Happy Birthday, X! My dad would have been 91 today, so I know that only good guys have today as their birthday.

Happy Birthday and many more.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/02/13 04:12 PM

Thanks ladies. smile

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/02/13 05:04 PM

Originally Posted By: XDCX
Thanks ladies. smile

X, Happy birthday to you. smile Sorry I'm late. Hope your day is great.

You have brisk windy weather there in OC? Sunny but cold here.

TIS

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/02/13 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
@ Klydon are you PA Dutch or German I went over a friends house there mom is PA Dutch and German I ate some pork and sauerkraut for good luck

No, I'm not German, but since 1989 I've lived in an area with considerable German influence from the Pennsylvania Dutch. As you know, the PA Dutch are not Dutch at all, but 100% German. For decades now I've made pork and sauerkraut every New Year's Day, and it's supposed to bring good luck throughout the year. I guess eating pork is lucky for all, except the pig.

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/02/13 07:09 PM

Kly,

Not that it matters, but for some reason I thought you were Irish. confused

TIS

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/02/13 07:40 PM

Kly,

Not that it matters, but for some reason I thought you were Irish. confused

TIS
You're right, TIS. I'm Irish. But I live in central PA, which has somewhat of a German flavor from the PA Dutch.

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/03/13 02:05 AM

I guess eating pork is lucky for all, except the pig.

That reminds me of one of my husband's favorite quotes: You want to know the definition of "commitment"? When it comes breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed.
Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/04/13 05:04 PM

Almost a handful of days late, but here goes:

Happy New Years!
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/04/13 05:25 PM

My Italian/Irish in-laws believe that if you eat chicken on New Years day you will scratch the whole year. You also have to eat a grape after saying "Happy New Year" at 12:01. Very scientific.

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/04/13 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
My Italian/Irish in-laws believe that if you eat chicken on New Years day you will scratch the whole year.

Wouldn't that put you in a fowl mood?

Re: Happy New Year. - 01/05/13 12:03 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
My Italian/Irish in-laws believe that if you eat chicken on New Years day you will scratch the whole year. You also have to eat a grape after saying "Happy New Year" at 12:01. Very scientific.

My Scottish family believe that if you just keep drinking all year, it makes the world a better place!!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET