Home

Ghosts

Posted By: NickyEyes1

Ghosts - 11/28/12 04:00 AM

Do you guys believe in Ghosts? If you do, do you have a story of seeing one or anything like that?
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Ghosts - 11/28/12 10:18 PM

I'm not a believer.
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: Ghosts - 11/28/12 10:48 PM

Do believe. It's just hard at times due to certain shows and pictures being faked or just overexposed.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Ghosts - 11/28/12 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Do you guys believe in Ghosts? If you do, do you have a story of seeing one or anything like that?

"There something's strange in the neighborhood who ya gonna call?"
Posted By: Mark

Re: Ghosts - 11/28/12 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

"There something's strange in the neighborhood who ya gonna call?"

Imamobguy.

Re: Ghosts - 11/28/12 11:16 PM

^ lol Nicky you better stop talking about ghost is you get them pissed you might slimed

Re: Ghosts - 11/28/12 11:18 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deoJUBW9CI8

Re: Ghosts - 11/28/12 11:21 PM

< Mark shout box

Re: Ghosts - 11/30/12 06:30 AM

I can't believe how many views this video got it's f'n stupid

Re: Ghosts - 11/30/12 10:40 PM

I think it's a good video
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Ghosts - 11/30/12 10:55 PM

i don't really believe in ghosts in the traditional sense, but there has got to be some kind of spiritual thing going on in places like auschwitz, or even battlefields like gettysburg.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Ghosts - 11/30/12 10:58 PM

Bigfoot: yes.

Loch Ness Monster: Maybe.

Aliens: yes.

Ghosts: no.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Ghosts - 11/30/12 11:16 PM

I personally don't believe in ghosts fair play to anyone who does though. If you're interested in this sort of stuff though Nicky you should try this site/forum -

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showforum=10
Posted By: olivant

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 12:23 AM

No!
Posted By: ThePolakVet

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 12:31 AM

Definetely not, and not watching that damn video either, it's 2:30 AM, I'll get scared shitless ohwell
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 01:06 AM

No.. But my sister is a paranormal investigator and swears her house is haunted. Some of her stories backed up by her grown daughter can be convincing though.
Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 01:39 AM

I must confess....i am a ghost! (cue music)
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
i don't really believe in ghosts in the traditional sense, but there has got to be some kind of spiritual thing going on in places like auschwitz, or even battlefields like gettysburg.

A lot of sadness and death. Same can be said about any mental asylum/ places that housed TB or any other disease/ down south in louisiana/any major city (New York, Chicago, Hollywood, London, etc)

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 02:41 AM

This is the reality of ghost hunting imo -

http://paranormalresearchsociety.org/blo...-investigation/

No proof just harmful toxins.RIP
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 03:09 AM

yes

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 04:54 AM

Thanks for the link Camarel.
I believe. There's to many pictures, videos, and eyewitness accounts for them to be fake
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 06:07 AM

I believe. There's to many pictures, videos, and eyewitness accounts for them to be fake
theres also plenty of photos, videos and eyewitness accounts of bigfoot and nessy, doesn't mean they're real
Posted By: Blake

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 07:57 AM

I've never SEEN a ghost, but I had a really strange thing happen to me and my friend. I won't share the story beacuse it's just a story to you guys. In the same house when my friend was alone he saw 3 glowing balls moving in circles until a human figure formed infront of my him. He screamed, slammed his door and his under his covers for a couple of hours until he got too hot and sweaty to stay under them. (My friend is a really smart and level headed guy. Hearing this from him plus the experience we had in his basement together, I dunno, it was the weirdest thing I've experienced and to this day it gives me the heebies thinking about it.) Other than that I have never had a paranormal experience in my 23 years on this planet.

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 08:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou

No.. But my sister is a paranormal investigator and swears her house is haunted. Some of her stories backed up by her grown daughter can be convincing though.

I hope she doesn't take her shopping at hot topic
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 11:28 AM

No. They make for great stories though.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 11:35 AM

We all gonna get our answer sooner or later....when we all die!MUAHAHAHAHH..... tongue cool

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 11:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Toodoped
We all gonna get our answer sooner or later....when we all die!MUAHAHAHAHH..... tongue cool

That's if you believe that you are somehow going to continue being in some essence after death. Otherwise how else we are going to find out?

Me thinks if we are lucky, we might be perceptive of our surrounding before death in old age, but I wouldn't bet on it. I've always been afraid of dementia, or some sort of brain disease that would make one check out mentally before actually dying. ohwell But once dead, there's nothing to perceive with.

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 12:07 PM

Yes dementia or any brain disease sux,its not good to be mentaly fucked up before death....but the thing i wanted to say is...i think we all should pray for something to happend after death..cuz whats the point of been good or bad in life than?!but this is life long conversation
Posted By: Danito

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 01:46 PM

I liked this series of Derren Brown

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 02:20 PM

Go on to the forums and everything gets debunked. The photos etc are always so vague like dots turning up which is just dust particles. Please give me a link to something you believe is real on that site.

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: scarfacetm
theres also plenty of photos, videos and eyewitness accounts of bigfoot and nessy, doesn't mean they're real

Exactly. The people who send in this so called evidence routinely get called out for photoshopping (proved by the exif data) or taking photos in dusty rooms saying the dust particles are orbs lol
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 02:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Camarel

Go on to the forums and everything gets debunked. The photos etc are always so vague like dots turning up which is just dust particles. Please give me a link to something you believe is real on that site.

Yeah funny how even though cameras and recorders are in HD now etc, any "ghost" or alien footage is grainy and blurry.

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 06:33 PM

lol lol lol

Re: Ghosts - 12/01/12 10:18 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo

Yeah funny how even though cameras and recorders are in HD now etc, any "ghost" or alien footage is grainy and blurry.

Yeah you're right. Another thing is when they tell you what you're supposed to see or hear if they hadn't you probably wouldn't have noticed anything it's called pareidolia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

Re: Ghosts - 12/02/12 06:44 AM

....but the thing i wanted to say is...i think we all should pray for something to happend after death..cuz whats the point of been good or bad in life than?!but this is life long conversation

Life long conversation that is. I guess for me, it's that I know I'm not a self sufficient unit, that I know human beings need to live in communities to prosper and have comfortable lives while they can. So I'm trying to be a good citizen of the world and hope that everyone else comes to the same conclusion.

Re: Ghosts - 12/02/12 10:02 AM

Originally Posted By: afsaneh77
....but the thing i wanted to say is...i think we all should pray for something to happend after death..cuz whats the point of been good or bad in life than?!but this is life long conversation

Life long conversation that is. I guess for me, it's that I know I'm not a self sufficient unit, that I know human beings need to live in communities to prosper and have comfortable lives while they can. So I'm trying to be a good citizen of the world and hope that everyone else comes to the same conclusion.

Yes thats true,the point of been good in life is to live in communities to prosper and have comfortable lives.To keep the environment safety,for future generations.Thats called sacrifice.To sacrifice youre self for future prosper.Thats the real point not that when some1 dies and if he was a good man in life,hes goin to heaven?!Heaven and Hell exist on earth.But im not sure about the energy that lives on...cuz i belive in energy...cant find answers for that
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Ghosts - 12/02/12 12:16 PM

I don't believe in ghosts due to the spirits being racist. How come ghosts are always white eh?? whistle
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Ghosts - 12/03/12 01:41 AM

My sister and BIL both told me accounts of their house being "haunted". Cool breezes in their bedroom; pressure on the bed, like someone sitting on the bed; their kids toys moving; BIL being hit on the head with actual visual wounds.

They only lived there a year - Westchester, PA - a few years later my BIL had business on that street and talked to a resident up the block. The resident said, "you lived in that house? we used to hear screaming coming from there."

Re: Ghosts - 12/03/12 02:16 AM

Creepy. Westchester, PA is where Bam Margera's from
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Ghosts - 12/03/12 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
My sister and BIL both told me accounts of their house being "haunted". Cool breezes in their bedroom; pressure on the bed, like someone sitting on the bed; their kids toys moving; BIL being hit on the head with actual visual wounds.

They only lived there a year - Westchester, PA - a few years later my BIL had business on that street and talked to a resident up the block. The resident said, "you lived in that house? we used to hear screaming coming from there."

My sister had been awakened by what appeared to be an apparition of a little girl in her bedroom on a couple of different occasions. She never said anything to anyone until one day she asked her daughter who recently got married and had moved out if she ever saw "anything unusual" in the house when she lived there. My niece told her "I saw a little girl playing in my room one night". She said she never said anything because she thought everyone would think she's nuts. My sister says all this happened at the same time one of her former foster children passed away while living with another family.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Ghosts - 12/03/12 07:31 AM

I've been interested and wondered about this for decades. Some friends and I used to play with the Ouija board on a regular basis and got A LOT of material (Seth Speaks kinda stuff). But no predictions ever came true. But who's to say that spirits can predict the future any better than we can?

The closest to proof we came to was going to a friend's supposedly-haunted house (he claimed things would move around, drawers would open and close, etc); we took the Ouija board into his basement, using candles for light, and did a séance. We all nearly shit our pants, fleeing, when ALL the candles went out at once in the middle of it! eek

Not proof of anything, tho. But still curious.

I've probably watched every show/doc on the subject and still never saw anything convincing. I used to watch Paranormal State all the time, but nothing was ever captured. I never saw them as scam artists or liars, but still, they never got any proof either.

So who knows. Lack of proof doesn't mean something doesn't exist, it just means we haven't proven that it does exist -- with our current instruments and methodologies.

God has never been proven to exist, but a whole lot of people believe He does (as do I). Sometimes it just takes faith.

Re: Ghosts - 12/03/12 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff
Lack of proof doesn't mean something doesn't exist, it just means we haven't proven that it does exist -- with our current instruments and methodologies.

I would add....with our current mental status also

Re: Ghosts - 12/03/12 01:54 PM

I personally think Ouija boards only work because you're unconsciously moving the pointer it's called the ideomotor effect. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_phenomenon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMtuWymUzz4

I think for a psychic who uses the ouija in their profession to prove it's not the ideomotor they should blindfold themselves while using it to see if what they write makes any sense.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Ghosts - 12/03/12 04:38 PM

Though I readily admit there are many nutjob whackos out there who claim false or imagined stories regarding ghosts & supernatural BUT I will not close my mind to the possibility.

I have never lived in a haunted house or actually "seen" a ghost BUT I do believe there is a spirit world. My experiences have been more of "sensing" than seeing. Surely, nothing that can be proven but I am convinced that, how would Fox Mulder say it? "The Truth is out there?" grin

TIS
Posted By: Danito

Re: Ghosts - 12/03/12 08:10 PM

Why should there be ghosts?
And not, let's say, invisible gorillas?
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Ghosts - 12/03/12 09:53 PM

So who knows. Lack of proof doesn't mean something doesn't exist, it just means we haven't proven that it does exist -- with our current instruments and methodologies.

God has never been proven to exist, but a whole lot of people believe He does (as do I). Sometimes it just takes faith.

Even though I don't necessarily believe in God or a higher power, I agree with this. Faith is enough for a lot of people. Just not for me.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Ghosts - 12/04/12 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Danito
Why should there be ghosts?
And not, let's say, invisible gorillas?

Yes Danito, but they live in the Congo. smile
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Ghosts - 12/04/12 07:00 AM

I personally think Ouija boards only work because you're unconsciously moving the pointer it's called the ideomotor effect. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideomotor_phenomenon

I think for a psychic who uses the ouija in their profession to prove it's not the ideomotor they should blindfold themselves while using it to see if what they write makes any sense.

No psychic I've ever seen used a Ouija board for a reading. Not that I've been to a lot of psychics, either, but, they're not used for readings. wink

We did experiment with it back in the day, though, and concluded just this: I always seemed to know what it was going to say, so it needed my eyes. BUT, my friend, who had NO idea what it was going to say, seemed to be controlling it. No joke. At one point I had the tip of 1 little finger barely on the planchette -- with no way to actually control it if I wanted to -- but it always felt like it was out of my control and the planchette was being controlled by him. But all the words seemed to come out of my head. I never understood that.

Ideomotor? Perhaps. Physically possible? Not sure.....

Re: Ghosts - 12/04/12 08:28 AM

No psychic I've ever seen used a Ouija board for a reading. Not that I've been to a lot of psychics, either, but, they're not used for readings. wink

We did experiment with it back in the day, though, and concluded just this: I always seemed to know what it was going to say, so it needed my eyes. BUT, my friend, who had NO idea what it was going to say, seemed to be controlling it. No joke. At one point I had the tip of 1 little finger barely on the planchette -- with no way to actually control it if I wanted to -- but it always felt like it was out of my control and the planchette was being controlled by him. But all the words seemed to come out of my head. I never understood that.

Ideomotor? Perhaps. Physically possible? Not sure.....

Geoff thats strange so you friend was controlling one of your fingers lol
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Ghosts - 12/15/12 01:31 AM

If it makes people happy to believe in ghosts then I say believe.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET