Home

Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get?

Posted By: Dapper_Don

Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 12:53 AM

Figured I should start a thread on black friday/cyber monday, where everybody can share what they bought/where they bought it.

I didnt really need anything this year so I just bought a canon digital camera at best buy for my dad and a pair of sperry top siders at macys.

When I stepped into Best Buy there were absolutely ridiculous lines to check out (2 hr plus wait) so while at the store I ordered what I wanted on my smartphone on their website for the exact same price, all without having to wait in line. The majority of the people at the store probably didnt even realize that you could buy the items online at the same price that it is found in the store. That felt great haha.

How about you?
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 01:06 AM

i got 2 video games that were half off
i think it's overrated and the lines are to long
and businesses opening on thanksgiving night is unfair to the employees
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
i got 2 video games that were half off
i think it's overrated and the lines are to long
and businesses opening on thanksgiving night is unfair to the employees

I completely agree, it is unfair to many employees who are forced to work. I also refuse to stand in those long lines.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 01:15 AM

I never get involved in Black Friday shopping, and didn't set foot in a retail store today. However, late Thanksgiving night I ran into a WalMart, which is literally 3 minutes from where I was spending the night, to buy a couple inflatable mattresses with pumps because two nephews decided they wanted to sleep over. I was lucky because I was in and out in just a few minutes.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 01:41 AM

I don't know if it was at a Walmart or not, but I read some guy got mad at someone who cut in line and pulled out a gun. panic Turned out the guy had a license to carry it so I guess all was ok. God forbid he get reprimanded. I mean why would anyone feel threatened when someone pulls out a gun after all he had permission to carry it. rolleyes

TIS
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 01:47 AM

I start my Christmas shopping in the summer, so I usually try to have it finished by now. I have to pick up a couple of things for my younger daughter and some stuff for my husband, but otherwise I'm finished already. I hate getting hit with those big bills in January, so I pace it out over a few months, picking up odds and ends that I like.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I start my Christmas shopping in the summer, so I usually try to have it finished by now. I have to pick up a couple of things for my younger daughter and some stuff for my husband, but otherwise I'm finished already. I hate getting hit with those big bills in January, so I pace it out over a few months, picking up odds and ends that I like.

That is a great idea SB. I usually start in Sept/Oct. Btw, anyone remember "Christmas Clubs"? Do they still have those?

smile
TIS
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 04:19 AM

I'm lucky. My family isn't that big, and most of us agreed not to exchange presents anymore. Everyone else gets a gift card, except my wife who gets a couple of gifts...and a couple gift cards. wink
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 04:32 AM

I'm so aggravated with my business I feel like giving up
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 04:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
I'm lucky. My family isn't that big, and most of us agreed not to exchange presents anymore. Everyone else gets a gift card, except my wife who gets a couple of gifts...and a couple gift cards. wink

My family is the same way...Lou did you ever finish the family Corleone or did that get thrown in the fireplace ?

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 04:42 AM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

My family is the same way...Lou did you ever finish the family Corleone or did that get thrown in the fireplace ?

I never even started it. It's still sitting on my coffee table. blush
Posted By: SC

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 04:45 AM

My copy is under yours. Still haven't read it, either. blush blush

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 04:47 AM

Originally Posted By: SC

To be honest, I had forgotten all about it.
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 05:00 AM

I just used amazon. Been having deals on a lot of stuff for the past two weeks. Now I need to make it through monday without being broke...which will be difficult.
Posted By: jace

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 06:21 AM

Worst day to shop. There are actually better deals during other times of year, and all the fighting and rushing is not worth the trouble of saving a few dollars even if deal is better.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 07:45 AM

Originally Posted By: SC

Come on now... it's a good and easy/quick read! (And I'm not much of a reader -- unless the power's out apparently, when I completed the 600pp of STEVE JOBS in a week whistle )

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 07:48 AM

I never go shopping on Black Friday, but ended up at BJ's cuz my folks wanted me to check out a "fireplace" heater I've been wanting... and the place was no busier than any other day of the year (thankfully!)
Posted By: SC

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 07:51 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff
Come on now... it's a good and easy/quick read! (And I'm not much of a reader -- unless the power's out apparently, when I completed the 600pp of STEVE JOBS in a week whistle )

Between my Nook and "regular" books, I have about ten to read. Seems I just don't have the attention span lately. ohwell
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: BAM_233
I just used amazon. Been having deals on a lot of stuff for the past two weeks. Now I need to make it through monday without being broke...which will be difficult.

I wasn't going to buy anything but I just found this deal on Amazon that I couldn't pass up. The complete James Bond set on Blu-Ray entitled Bond 50 for only $99! Today only. That's 22 films at around $5 a piece:

Bond 50

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Irishman12
The complete James Bond set on Blu-Ray entitled Bond 50 for only $99! Today only. That's 22 films at around $5 a piece:

Bond 50

It says $299 (.99 off) for me...!
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 07:46 PM

The complete James Bond set on Blu-Ray entitled Bond 50 for only $99! Today only. That's 22 films at around $5 a piece:

Bond 50

They sold out on it. They replaced it with Forever Marilyn collection. Seven blu ray films of monroe. Not bad if you are a fan of hers.

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/24/12 07:49 PM

Bond 50

It was one of the "Lightning Deals" that they're having all weekend. I got a watch for my wife yesterday that allegedly has a retail price of $465 for $59. In reality though, they normally sell it for $100. Still a good deal.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/25/12 02:05 AM

Yes Geoff, as Bam and Just Lou said, they ran out. Apparently the sale was suppose to last all day but only ran 12 hours since Amazon sold out. REALLY lucky I was able to get it at that price!
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/26/12 10:50 AM

Funny thing over here is that a load of stores went with the Black Friday sales, even though most folks had no idea what it was for lol

Didn't stop them spending up a storm though smile
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday - what did you get? - 11/26/12 10:51 AM

I bought nothing though because me and my good lady are currently running up the national debt to purchase Christmas gifts for the Yogi tribe!!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET