Home

Bogey (Bogart) Bloopers

Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Bogey (Bogart) Bloopers - 09/09/12 07:30 PM

Maybe we can expand on this as a "blooper" type thread BUT I had to make sure SC saw this. I just happened to run across it. Bogey Bloopers from waaaaay back. I don't even know most of the movies these bloopers are from. Evidently Bogey swore quite a bit. lol

Oh, and look for a glimpse or two of Bette Davis. smile

TIS

Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Bogey (Bogart) Bloopers - 09/09/12 07:50 PM

Lol!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Bogey (Bogart) Bloopers - 09/09/12 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Evidently Bogey swore quite a bit. lol

My money says Lauren Bacall had the filthier vocabulary whistle.
Posted By: SC

Re: Bogey (Bogart) Bloopers - 09/09/12 08:01 PM

Thanks, TIS. I had seen some of those bloopers before, but some were new (like the Bette Davis ones).

I am reminded by seeing Bogart with Billy Halop (above) of the Dead End Kids in "Angels With Dirty Faces". One of my favorite pieces of Hollywood inside info comes from this movie. The Dead End Kids were just starting to make it big in show biz and they were a rowdy bunch of kids. They were terrorizing the set of the movie (even allegedly stealing Bogart's pants) and then they tried to pull that stuff off with Cagney. Cagney, had been a street-tough kid himself some years earlier, and he straight-armed Leo Gorcey after Gorcey tried some hijinx. The Boys behaved themselves afterwards.

If you remember the movie, the Dead End Kids are playing a game of basketball (rather roughly) and Cagney comes in to referee the game. He was slapping the kids around (in real life, too). lol

Re: Bogey (Bogart) Bloopers - 09/09/12 08:05 PM

The basketball scene in "Angels" is one of my favorite film scenes of all time. Bar none. And of course when Rocky sends them out for sandwiches and beer. "Pickles and everything, Rock?" smile

Re: Bogey (Bogart) Bloopers - 09/09/12 08:11 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
And of course when Rocky sends them out for sandwiches and beer. "Pickles and everything, Rock?" smile

Doesn't get more realistic than that. lol

Except maybe the charlotte rousse (sp?) scene in "Once Upon a Time in America".

Re: Bogey (Bogart) Bloopers - 09/09/12 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Except maybe the charlotte rousse (sp?) scene in "Once Upon a Time in America".

Hey, Patsy was hungry lol.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Bogey (Bogart) Bloopers - 09/09/12 08:28 PM

I'm glad you like the clips SC. I had never seen them before. Like most of the old movie icons it's nice to see a glimpse of their personality. smile

That WAS Lauren Bacall in the one scene right? It was kind of dark but I think it was her.

TIS

Re: Bogey (Bogart) Bloopers - 09/09/12 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
That WAS Lauren Bacall in the one scene right? It was kind of dark but I think it was her.

Yeah, that was Bacall in the dark scene in which she says it was the story of her life, and asks where she should begin.
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Bogey (Bogart) Bloopers - 09/09/12 08:58 PM

Hmmmm... was that a YouTube link? All I'm getting these days is a red "X" and an empty box. I think my browser is too old.

Signor V.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET