Home

Carmela , are you a woman or man?

Posted By: Wilson

Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/22/12 06:27 PM

Just curious. You have a girls name but I was wondering you were a man posting as a girl?

Just curious.
Posted By: SC

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/22/12 06:36 PM

Moving this to our General Discussion forum.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/22/12 09:16 PM

Well, in her PMs she refers to her husband and from all I can tell from those PMs otherwise, she is female.
Posted By: EddieCoyle

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/23/12 12:18 AM

Good news, I've hired a private investigator, won't be long until we know for sure.

tongue
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/23/12 01:32 AM

(...hears the Beatles singing "Polythene Pam" and the Kinks singing "Lola"...) rolleyes
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/23/12 02:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Wilson
Just curious. You have a girls name but I was wondering you were a man posting as a girl?

Just curious.

lol lol lol lol
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/23/12 02:10 AM

Carm is def a woman.

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/23/12 02:49 AM

^^^ You signed up in the 2009 there have been members since 2001 maybe there playing a joke on newbies within the past few years you ever think of that
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/23/12 06:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
(...hears the Beatles singing "Polythene Pam" and the Kinks singing "Lola"...) rolleyes

"She's so good looking,that she looks like a man"
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/23/12 07:46 AM

Wilson, let me tell you without a shadow of a doubt, that carmela (note spelling) is most definitely a woman. She is married with a family, and her posts (particularly in the Organized Crime/Real Life forum) are quite knowledgeable and always worth reading.

However...

There is a person on the GangsterBB who joined fairly recently named Camarel (again, note spelling) who is definitely male. When I am not paying proper attention (or perhaps when I've been paying too much attention to whatever spirits fill my glass), letters play tricks on me and I have to look twice to see whose post it is that I am reading.

In other words, do your best not to confuse the two!

Signor V.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/23/12 12:56 PM

Well spotted SV, you have a sharp eye wink
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/23/12 02:50 PM

Don't ask SC what gender I am. He can't seem to get it STRAIGHT.

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 01:02 AM

Well, I guess that's settled.

Anyone wanna take a guess about MaryCas?

(For the newer members who may not know, MaryCas is a guy. He's an actor and songster of good reknown and I LOVE teasing him about his choice of screen name .... but don't tell him that). wink
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Don't ask SC what gender I am. He can't seem to get it STRAIGHT.

I know SC personally, and I can vouch that he is straight. lol
Posted By: Chopper2012

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 02:59 PM

This topic seems insulting to one of the more knowledgeable and funny posters around here.

Why ask this question? And isn't this considered 'flaming' another member?

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Chopper2012
And isn't this considered 'flaming' another member?

I could be wrong but I don't think it was intentionally malicious.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 03:06 PM

Originally Posted By: SC

However, is there a place to vote for dumbest topic? whistle

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 03:07 PM

Vote early and often.

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 03:18 PM

This topic coming from the same guy who started the already legendary and very informative 'Typical day of a mobster' thread grin.
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 03:20 PM

Thing's have been a little strange on here the past couple of weeks...
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

However, is there a place to vote for dumbest topic? whistle

Of course if we had that as a topic, I'm sure there would be NO flaming whatsoever, would there? Can you imagine? lol

TIS

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo

There's my vote for understatement of the year. tongue
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 04:21 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo

There's my vote for understatement of the year. tongue

Word on the street is the real deal forum is behind it. shhh

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 04:40 PM

That's what I hear.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 05:08 PM

seems like tensions have been alot higher in recent weeks. speaking of the real deal, as many of you know they have a thread called "the sit down" where users can bring disagreements to the table. maybe we can have something similiar over here but tweek it a little as thiers sometimes seems like more of a free for all to say some terrible stuff to each other. maybe we could create a sub-forum here where people can bring disagreements about board policy, or problems with others members to the table and be able to vehemently disagree without having to worry about possible consequences as long as things are kept cival, which i believe we can do.

another problem recently, particularly in the OC forums seems to be repetitive threads and the lack of insightful responses to legitimate topics. is there any way there could be a sub-forum for new users to post thier questions to avoid clogging the forum with repetitive/hypothetical questions? i know that there is the "mob myths, facts, and realities thread" which is great, but it seems people are more eager to create a new thread rather than find an answer there which is understandable as new users sometimes want their own topics answered.

another thing that is a problem it seems is the almost non-existent use of the search function. seems like some people just type in thier question and if nothing comes up, they start a new topic rather than thinking "is my question similar to or basically the same as an existing topic?"

i really enjoy posting here so hopefully a few of these recent hiccups can be resolved in the future. thoughts?
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 05:13 PM

Yeah I swear in the OC section there is like 30 topics getting made each day, not allowing time to deeply discuss each topic. This mixed with silly topics clog the forum up.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 05:15 PM

This place has been around for a long time, so I doubt a few cranky posters will do any long term damage. Members come and members go, but this place has always survived!

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 05:42 PM

This place has been around for a long time, so I doubt a few cranky posters will do any long term damage. Members come and members go, but this place has always survived!

That's because of not only good members for the most part, but also we have mods who pay attention and set rules. That's a huge plus. smile

I was on an Italian American site a number of years ago that I really enjoyed for a while anyway. Mods however, were absent and it went so downhill and off topic and scummy. uhwhat After several attempts to notify mods of my concerns (and with no reply), I just dropped the site. I don't know if it even exists anymore. We should be thankful our mods take an interest and do set rules.

TIS

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 05:45 PM

It depends on what you want as a forum.

Do you simply want to survive with the same, relatively small group of old friends, and see other posters come and go, or do you want your forum to grow and attract more intelligent, knowledgeable posters from all kind of circles instead of pushing them away?

Neither of them is wrong, but there is a big difference.

Don't get me wrong, this board is a great source for mob history, especially if you learn to use the search engine.

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 05:51 PM

Of course a person would/should go to a forum that is of interest to them. Tho, I don't see why a forum can't have intelligent poster/posts and still grow. The more one posts, the more he/she becomes known by board members. As long as there are guidelines there should always be room to grow.

That being said, I don't mind (and enjoy) sometimes silly or not too thought provoking posts. Serious all the time isn't fun. wink

smile

TIS
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
seems like tensions have been alot higher in recent weeks. speaking of the real deal, as many of you know they have a thread called "the sit down" where users can bring disagreements to the table. maybe we can have something similiar over here but tweek it a little as thiers sometimes seems like more of a free for all to say some terrible stuff to each other. maybe we could create a sub-forum here where people can bring disagreements about board policy, or problems with others members to the table and be able to vehemently disagree without having to worry about possible consequences as long as things are kept cival, which i believe we can do.

There's no need for a "sitdown" thread here. That's what the pm function is for. And if you can't work things out in a pm, there's always the ignore button.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/24/12 08:14 PM

Kind of like the Church. smile
Posted By: danielperrygin

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/25/12 11:35 AM

I agree with pixxa and tis, this place dont need a sit cause it has a whole nother feel to it than rd(plus no one even uses it anymore). Tis is also right in that we do have mods here that are literly on top of everything, this makes the forum fair to all posters in my opinion. I know SC may seem like a classroom prsident in charge when fhe teacher leaves to write names on the board of kids getting out of line but you haveto remember he has a job to do, which is to keep us in line, keep Jgeoff from having all of us mad at him for coming down on us, and last but not least he frees up Jgeoff to do big picture thinking.

P.s. on topic carmela is a female, wife, mother, awesome person, if you have a question about siciliy ask her, and one of the most well respected/best coontributers to this board(im not professing my love for her but she is a good friend i enjoy talking to)

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/25/12 03:46 PM

I would like to verify danielperygin's statement.

For years now carmela is one of my constituents of Italian decent -- and I have come to know her well. She has honored me with her support and with her friendship. Indeed I can proudly say some of my very best friends are Italian-Americans. However, at this time very unfortunately I have to leave this thread in order to preside over a very important thread over at the real deal forum. But before I leave I do want to say this:

This thread about carmela being male or female is in no way what-so-ever a slur upon the great Italian people. Because I can state from my own knowledge and experience -- that carmela is among the most loyal -- most law-abiding -- patriotic, hard working American citizens of this forum. And it would be a shame if we allowed a few rotten apples to bring a bad name to the whole barrel. Because from the time of the great Christopher Columbus up through the time of Enrico Fermi right up to the present day -- carmela has been a pioneer in building and defending our great forum. She is the soil o' the earth and one of the backbones of this forum.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/25/12 03:49 PM

Thank you, Senator Geary lol.

LMFAO lol.

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/25/12 04:52 PM

" HERE THEE HERE THEE, My grandfather laid the bricks down...."

lol lol lol lol
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/25/12 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

That's what I hear.

Watch your mouth -- what's the matter with you?
Posted By: Mark

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/25/12 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

That's what I hear.

Well, Don Cardi -- you're consiglieri, now what do we do if Carmela stops posting, God forbid.

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/26/12 12:02 AM

Whatever you do, dont take the deal!

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/26/12 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark

That's what I hear.

Well, Don Cardi -- you're consiglieri, now what do we do if Carmela stops posting, God forbid.

If carmela stops posting we lose half our strenght.

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/26/12 12:55 AM

And atleast half the political connections.

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/26/12 03:31 AM

That's what I hear.

HEY DC,

Are you still down at the Ravenite Social Club I wanted to stop by and knock back a few ice cold suds.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Carmela , are you a woman or man? - 08/28/12 10:46 AM

Can i ask a question and forgive me if i have missed something?

Now i have got nothing against anybody here and as far as posters go the more the merrier but my question is?

If this Real Deal forum really is the real deal, why are all it's people in here?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET