Home

Auschwitz-Birkenau, then and now

Posted By: DE NIRO

Auschwitz-Birkenau, then and now - 02/27/12 05:17 PM

Fascinating pictures of the death camps then and now..

Auschwith-Then and Now..
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau, then and now - 02/27/12 05:24 PM

I have a really hard time with those images, but I force myself to look at them to reaffirm my knowledge that all it takes is one lunatic to turn the world upside down frown.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau, then and now - 02/27/12 05:28 PM

Those images are absolutely haunting. It's simply hard to believe that is history. Yea PB is right, but lunatic doesn't even begin describe it. frown frown

TIS
Posted By: Frosty

Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau, then and now - 02/27/12 07:36 PM

I agree the pictures were hard to look at ! But thank you for sharing DE NIRO . To look at the people standing there what might be going through there heads at that time.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau, then and now - 02/27/12 07:46 PM

Thank you for sharing, DeNiro. They remind me of when Elie Wiesel took Oprah on a tour of the camp. As said, so difficult to see, but so important to remember.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau, then and now - 02/28/12 02:14 AM

Such horrors, how humans can treat each other that way. It continues today in different places and different ways. Will it ever end.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau, then and now - 02/28/12 01:05 PM

Horrible things to see....

We are actually going to Krakow later in the year and i am going to go to Auschwitz, i feel it is a place i have to go and see. I think it will be the most humbling experience of my life by a long shot!
Posted By: gemini_killer

Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau, then and now - 02/28/12 05:07 PM

horrific .. how could these people be so evil, makes me feel sick - don't think I could handle visiting Auschwitz
Posted By: Danito

Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau, then and now - 03/01/12 10:49 AM

Original geschrieben von: pizzaboy
all it takes is one lunatic to turn the world upside down frown.

??
One lunatic? There were tens of thousands involved in the actual murder. Hundreds of thousands who applauded. There were millions who looked away.
Posted By: gemini_killer

Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau, then and now - 03/01/12 04:52 PM

your right there are many people who stood by and allowed this to happen and afterwards denied knowing the truth ... also many got away without punishment for crimes committed, also you hear the excuse that if anyone challenged the Nazi's during that time they would be killed so it was basically self preservation - I think we are all glad that it ended when it did and did not drag on for years ...remember the Nazi's were rather successful in the war to begin with and things could have turned out much different
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau, then and now - 03/01/12 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Danito
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

??
One lunatic? There were tens of thousands involved in the actual murder. Hundreds of thousands who applauded. There were millions who looked away.

Well, you're right about that. And not to wave the flag, but that's why you should thank God that the United States of America decided NOT to look away.

Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau, then and now - 03/02/12 03:27 PM

Original geschrieben von: Danito

??

Well, you're right about that. And not to wave the flag, but that's why you should thank God that the United States of America decided NOT to look away.

1) The USA in fact did ignore Auschwitz for a long time. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auschwitz_c...ge_of_the_camps)
2) It was Russian soldiers who liberated the remaining prisoners of Auschwitz.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau, then and now - 05/15/12 08:11 PM

Good link De Niro. The BBC did a 6 part series in about 2006 I think called Auschwitz, the Nazi's and the Final Solution. I truly recommend it.
Posted By: SC

Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau, then and now - 05/15/12 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Danito

Sounds like you're describing all the Germans.

Re: Auschwitz-Birkenau, then and now - 05/16/12 12:06 PM

Original geschrieben von: SC
Original geschrieben von: Danito

Sounds like you're describing all the Germans.

Yes. Or let's say 90%.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET