Home

Question for white Americans,

Posted By: HermitKermit

Question for white Americans, - 12/09/11 10:47 AM

Do you guys consider Meditanarreans(sp?) or Southern Europeans in general as white people? If you guys didn't know most white people in U.S, England, Swedish, etc. are Nordic/Germanic/Scandinavian but mostly Nordic. As you can see Americans and British look very different than Italians, Spanish or Portuguese, hence Southern Europeans are mixed with Semites or North Africans. That's why in general Southern Europans are shorter, hairier and black hair is common unlike their Nordic or Northern European counterparts.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Question for white Americans, - 12/09/11 11:04 AM

They're a slightly darker complexion but I'd consider Italians, Spanish, and Portuguese white. I hear there's blonde Italians in northern Italy.
Posted By: botz

Re: Question for white Americans, - 12/10/11 05:02 AM

there is blondes in sicily red heads in parts of naples celtic mixture. Italy has all kinds of mixtures of people. oh welsh are short and darker there mixed with spanish going back to the 1500s.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Question for white Americans, - 12/10/11 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I hear there's blonde Italians in northern Italy.

That is a fact.
Posted By: carmela

Re: Question for white Americans, - 12/11/11 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: botz
there is blondes in sicily red heads in parts of naples celtic mixture. Italy has all kinds of mixtures of people. oh welsh are short and darker there mixed with spanish going back to the 1500s.

Absolutely. People don't realize there are many blondes in Sicily and redheads!
Posted By: NJBoy55

Re: Question for white Americans, - 12/11/11 01:38 AM

They're a slightly darker complexion but I'd consider Italians, Spanish, and Portuguese white. I hear there's blonde Italians in northern Italy.

That's true, I don't look at the skin or hair, I look at their features when guessing their heritage. I don't consider myself white and both my parent's are from Southern Italy.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Question for white Americans, - 12/11/11 07:44 AM

Originally Posted By: NJBoy55

That's true, I don't look at the skin or hair, I look at their features when guessing their heritage. I don't consider myself white and both my parent's are from Southern Italy.

What do you consider yourself?

Re: Question for white Americans, - 12/11/11 12:45 PM

All Europeans are considered white.
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Question for white Americans, - 12/11/11 01:48 PM

Well we Turks arent exactly white, same looks as people from Greece, Spain and Italy. Heck, some people even think i am italian.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Question for white Americans, - 12/11/11 02:38 PM

When you fill out a questionnaire or survey or whatever they typically have an optional section that asked you to check off your race. As people travel and immigrate, the distinction of race becomes more blurred or harder to trace. So unless you have pure blood lines, in the future the human race will become more homogenous (if it lasts).

I don't understand why people might identify themselves as belonging to one race when it is the smaller percentage of their bloodline.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Question for white Americans, - 12/11/11 02:50 PM

Any form I have ever filled out always had a "White" or "Caucasian" box to check - never an "Italian-American".
Posted By: Frosty

Re: Question for white Americans, - 12/11/11 06:07 PM

And then there are bald people of all color's grin even some women are really thin. It is funny in life, sometimes ya can never tell what a person is . In a job that I had in the past I had to go up to the Indian Hospital (Indian like Sioux, Crow, etc.) And damm, red hair, blue eyes, freckles, blond, but they had enough blood in them that they were getting free health care. Swear on my mothers eyes. I do not look at people as far as color, statue, relgion , I have friends in all colors. nationality's, what really piss's me off is when they whine, and cry, about how fucken tough they have had it and when they are plain ASSHOLE! Then I take care of what comes up ! wink mad cool

Thank You
Posted By: carmela

Re: Question for white Americans, - 12/11/11 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
All Europeans are considered white.

Exactly.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Question for white Americans, - 12/11/11 08:14 PM

Basically, the US Census Bureau only recognizes White, Black, American Indian, Asian, and Pacific Islander as races. Census Bureau forms allow one to select more than one race. The forms also allow for selection as Hispanic or Latino as an ethnicity. Hispanics and Latinos are considered white.

Don't confuse race and ethnicity. Italian-American is an ethnic designation, not a racial one. Also, don't confuse nationality with the foregoing. I am a white American of Italian descent.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Question for white Americans, - 12/11/11 08:30 PM

I think what you meant to say is you don't consider yourself Anglo, not that I'm presuming to know what you're thinking smile.

All four of my grandparents were born in Southern Italy. I have what's commonly referred to as "olive skin." In the summer, when I tan, people often mistake me for Hispanic or even Greek. But all that said, I still consider myself "white." I just don't consider myself Anglo-Saxon. Because I'm not.

Re: Question for white Americans, - 12/11/11 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Mukremin
Well we Turks arent exactly white, same looks as people from Greece, Spain and Italy. Heck, some people even think i am italian.

I think Spanish, Greeks and Italians generally consider themselves to be white.

White isn't necessarily blonde hair and blue eyes...

Re: Question for white Americans, - 12/11/11 10:41 PM

You hit the nail on the head, Mukster. I knew you had dark blood in you and that you were not DUTCH, but you just live in the Netherlands. I guess you call it Turkish-Dutch.

Re: Question for white Americans, - 12/11/11 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

I think what you meant to say is you don't consider yourself Anglo, not that I'm presuming to know what you're thinking smile.

All four of my grandparents were born in Southern Italy. I have what's commonly referred to as "olive skin." In the summer, when I tan, people often mistake me for Hispanic or even Greek. But all that said, I still consider myself "white." I just don't consider myself Anglo-Saxon. Because I'm not.

Actually, that is kind of what I meant. To me white is more people from Northern Europe, though.

Carmela is pretty. I just was busting her..... Well, she's a lady, so it would not be balls. LOL!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET