Home

iPhone 4S

Posted By: Irishman12

iPhone 4S - 10/05/11 10:42 AM

These are the new specs:

-Dual Core A5 CPU with 2x faster processor
-Dual Core GPU with 7x faster graphics
-Battery improved: 8 Hour talk time, 14 hours of 2G talk time, 6 hours of 3G browsing, 9 hours of wi-fi browsing
-Redesigned antenna that automatically switches for the best reception
-Faster data speeds, up to 14.4mbps download
-World phone – CDMA & GSM in a single device
8 megapixel camera sensor takes 3264×2448 resolution images, f 2.4 aperture, takes in more light and shoots faster pictures, hybrid IR filter
-1080P HD video recording with real-time image stabilization
-Siri intelligent assistant and voice navigation
-iOS 5

I currently have the iPhone 3GS and my contract's up. I'll probably wind up getting this. Anyone else plan on it? Excited about this release? Disappointed?
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: iPhone 4S - 10/05/11 05:31 PM

If you still have the 3GS, then the 4S is a MUST upgrade! I have the iPhone 4 and still want to upgrade. But I'll admit the move from 3GS to 4 was bigger than 4 to 4S. The fact that it's not called iPhone 5 means next year's is going to be even more significant. But the 4S (and iOS5 and Cloud) is quite impressive. I've had an iPhone since they came out, and have had every model except the 3G. Love it!

Re: iPhone 4S - 10/05/11 05:54 PM

PS - ATD had the best coverage of yesterday's event...

Re: iPhone 4S - 10/05/11 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

If you still have the 3GS, then the 4S is a MUST upgrade! I have the iPhone 4 and still want to upgrade. But I'll admit the move from 3GS to 4 was bigger than 4 to 4S. The fact that it's not called iPhone 5 means next near's is going to be even more significant. But the 4S (and iOS5 and Cloud) is quite impressive. I've had an iPhone since they came out, and have had every model except the 3G. Love it!

A friend of mine was trying to tell me to wait for the iPhone 5 but like you said, compared to the 3GS, the 4S is a pretty big upgrade. I'm really excited about the Siri technology. That looks sick!
Posted By: Blake

Re: iPhone 4S - 10/06/11 12:26 AM

RIP Steve Jobs.

Re: iPhone 4S - 10/06/11 06:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Blake Peters
RIP Steve Jobs.

As I said on FB, "The biggest visionary in computing, and music/mobile devices. A sad shame and huge loss. I didn't even know it was that imminent, despite knowing about his health problems."
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: iPhone 4S - 10/06/11 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff
If you still have the 3GS, then the 4S is a MUST upgrade! I have the iPhone 4 and still want to upgrade. But I'll admit the move from 3GS to 4 was bigger than 4 to 4S. The fact that it's not called iPhone 5 means next year's is going to be even more significant. But the 4S (and iOS5 and Cloud) is quite impressive. I've had an iPhone since they came out, and have had every model except the 3G. Love it!

I'm buying the wife an iPhone for Christmas, but I'll never own one myself. I'm too spoiled by the freedom of Android, and being able to do whatever I want with my phone. (rooted custom ROMs, SD Card storage expansion, extended batteries, no need for iTunes, etc, etc.)
Posted By: LuzCapas

Re: iPhone 4S - 02/17/12 01:37 AM

I don't mind the Jobs festival really. The iPhone generation is free to admire and praise the guy [....SPAM LINKS REMOVED AND USER BANNED....] all day long. Build as many statues as you like. But at least know that art isn't measured through functions and aesthetics alone, but mostly through ideas.
Posted By: Frosty

Re: iPhone 4S - 02/17/12 02:13 AM

Oh well shit happens! I bought a iphone ! My daughter said she loved her's , so I asked her how many apples you own and she say's ah whole basket ! LMAO, but she did say they like them. And now that I am paying up the whazoo (ass) what the hey, Getter Done ! cool clap and be happy , till someone ruffles your feathers ! wink lol Then let's parley ! And that there little spammer your first on my list wink clap

Re: iPhone 4S - 02/17/12 02:34 AM

I was disappointed with the last iPhone somewhat. As a result, I'm waiting for the iPhone 5 to come out this year. I REALLY hate to wait, but I'd rather not settle. Speaking of Apple, this post is currently being typed on an iPad. I've played around with it before but now it appears that I'd like to own one. Anybody out there own one? If so, any thoughts/feedback?

Re: iPhone 4S - 02/17/12 02:44 AM

I thank you for your info. I am limited to my posts , as to 600 min. ! I have the iphone 4 not the s and after putting on the heavy cover to protect it , and then listen to this LMAO it is a 4g with 8 whatever , I get 3 g , thank you very much ! LMAO guess I have to many buffalo out here ! My daughter said I should get one ! I looked at Samgsung (which I like Motorilla which I very well like ! But thought at my age what the hell.

Thank you for your advice !
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: iPhone 4S - 02/17/12 02:44 AM

Honestly, I'm not a fan of Apple. I do have an ipod and we do have an ipad around the house, but i'd much rather an android tablet.

Re: iPhone 4S - 02/17/12 03:00 AM

Thank you, my friend. Apples, Oranges, I prefer Grapes ya can smashem up and make wine ! Ya buy one of these here electronic MF's and in a heartbeat they are out of style. I like tablets but the ones for pain. But heard about android's , shit , fire and save the match's ya might have to keep a young lady warm with a nice fire , always carry a bottle of wine ! Schnapp's, sorry fell off the track ! OH WELL ! cool

Re: iPhone 4S - 02/18/12 07:51 PM

I love my iphone 4. It has been alot of fun so far. And it sure is user friendly. A lot of my freinds with androids do say that it costs more for the iphone and apps. ? Also do you folks feel the androids are for techy's ?
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: iPhone 4S - 02/18/12 08:21 PM

I have a Motorola Android (Atrix 4G) myself and couldn't be happier, I love that Android's let you customize everything about the phone. I also love how all the Google services I use are seamlessly integrated into the phone for easier use.

Re: iPhone 4S - 02/19/12 03:40 AM

Thank you , they don't sell them up at AARP ! iphone , but it is good for me to get use to! wink cool I am just a old race horse coming out of the gate. So being that iphone is user friendly is one up for me LMAO ! My daughter said , if mom can understand it (that is my X) you ought to be a genius !

They call those at my age shits and giggles ! grin Could happen at the same time ! But who cares ! Don't laugh youngens if you are smart enough to get my age, same shit could happen to you eek lol cool ya just remember Frosty told ya so wink lol

Re: iPhone 4S - 02/27/12 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
I have a Motorola Android (Atrix 4G) myself and couldn't be happier, I love that Android's let you customize everything about the phone. I also love how all the Google services I use are seamlessly integrated into the phone for easier use.
WOW, I pulled up Google earth on my iphone 4 and what a trip. You put something on search here and it draws it right in , the old dog found a new trick ! lol With the Globe, you can do a search and bring where you live right down to the area . Totally sweet.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET