Home

Pulled Over for Going to Slow

Posted By: BAM_233

Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/23/09 07:48 PM

well the guy has been issued a ticket for going 58 mph in a 65 mph lane.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/I-Cant-Drive-65.html?yhp=1
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/23/09 07:58 PM

My Mother-in-law will not go over 55 even in a 65 zone. I'm afraid she's gonna get hit one day.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/23/09 08:03 PM

I believe it's against the law to do under 40 in a 55 MPH zone. But I doubt doing 58 in a 65 is going to stick.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/23/09 08:33 PM

Good. Posted speed limits on highways should be speed minimums! tongue

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/23/09 09:01 PM

I always go at least 5 over the limit sometimes more.
Posted By: SC

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/23/09 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff
Good. Posted speed limits on highways should be speed minimums!

Yeah, you ain't travelin' until you get a station-wagon airborne!
Posted By: svsg

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/23/09 09:28 PM

A couple of months ago I got a ticket for driving at 45mph on a 35mph area. In Dallas, the fine is $167. I was pissed off for a while because everyone drives at 50mph on that road and this stupid-ass cop decided to ticket me on that particular day when I was driving back home alone rolleyes Anyway, I feel that the fine amount is very high for the offense. I decided to apply for a defensive drivers test to waive off the fine, this being my first ticket here. The court processing fee is $107, in addition to the $25 or so for the test itself!!
Ever since that incident, I drive exactly at speed limit, not a mph more. I frustrate all the drivers by driving exactly at 60mph on 60mph speed limit roads. Every once in a while, one of the angry drivers would cut in front of me very close to show his/her anger, but screw them, I am not willing to pay $167 again.

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/23/09 09:46 PM

On highways, if you stay out of the left lane, and stay at the speed everyone else is doing, you're pretty much safe. You have a greater chance of getting pulled over doing 5 MPH over the limit in the left lane, than doing whatever everyone else is doing in the center and right lanes. Of course if you run into a local cop on a small road looking to light someone up, then all bets are off.

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/23/09 09:57 PM

I hate it when people are in the left lane driving under the speed limit.

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/23/09 10:06 PM

I have a friend who is a NJ State Trooper, and he told me that he never pulls anyone over in the right lane for speeding.

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/23/09 10:15 PM

I thought the right lane was for the slower drivers.

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/23/09 10:29 PM

It is. But if you've ever driven in NJ, nobody does the speed limit. If you drive 65 in a 55 zone, they pass you like you're standing still. You can do 65 in the right lane and never get pulled over.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/24/09 01:35 AM

Reading this thread confirms my beliefs; no one (except SVGG) obeys the Speed Limit, or even knows what it means, but even worse, our country is full of people who don't know the laws, don't care to know the laws, could care less how they might fit into the flow of traffic, don't care what's behind or on the side of them and generally get behind the wheel and press down on the gas. They don't put their headlights on when it rains or is foggy (daylight running lights don't count because your tailights aren't lit), they don't use their directionals, AND yes, they talk on the cell phone or text and drive too slow in the middle lane. I wish I had a bazooka because I would blow these scummers off the road. Of course no one on this BB would be a target.
Posted By: BAM_233

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/24/09 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Reading this thread confirms my beliefs; no one (except SVGG) obeys the Speed Limit, or even knows what it means, but even worse, our country is full of people who don't know the laws, don't care to know the laws, could care less how they might fit into the flow of traffic, don't care what's behind or on the side of them and generally get behind the wheel and press down on the gas. They don't put their headlights on when it rains or is foggy (daylight running lights don't count because your tailights aren't lit), they don't use their directionals, AND yes, they talk on the cell phone or text and drive too slow in the middle lane. I wish I had a bazooka because I would blow these scummers off the road. Of course no one on this BB would be a target.

if you done that a million probably would be dead due to bazooka blasts. lol
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/24/09 04:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
It is. But if you've ever driven in NJ, nobody does the speed limit. If you drive 65 in a 55 zone, they pass you like you're standing still.

I've passed NJ State Troopers driving over the speed limit while they were below it. lol I also was following someone on the Parkway doing about 80 MPH (in a 55 zone) when I saw the lights behind me: the cops went after the first car, passing me. grin I also almost ran a cop off the road at about 80 MPH, cuz he was passing me on the right, chasing a car that had just passed me at about 100 MPH. I've also ditched and successfully hid from cops who saw me speeding (but just didn't actually catch me); but the only real speeding ticket I ever got (knock on wood) was the day I got my first radar detector back in the 80s. Unbelievable. ohwell And I used that radar detector -- in Virginia, where they're not allowed -- while racing a Corvette at 130 MPH (in said station wagon). whistle

I should've been a race car driver... but I've mellowed out a bit in my old age. wink

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/24/09 04:46 AM

Back in the 90's, I had my Corvette up to 145 MPH in Florida. I also had a trooper chase me for 5 miles on the Turnpike trying to catch me. I wasn't running for him. I didn't know he was even behind me. Luckily I was in uniform and coming home from work. He let me go after throwing my license and registration at me. lol
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/24/09 05:24 AM

What uniform?

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/24/09 05:29 AM

NY Giants. tongue
Posted By: SC

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/24/09 05:45 AM

Back in 1977 I took off five weeks and drove around the country. I was on an interstate in either Arizona or New Mexico tooling along at 75 mph and half the cars were flying past me (this was just a few years after the gas crisis and the national 55 mph speed limit was enacted). All of a sudden I saw a traffic jam ahead and slowed down to 55 (the speed that everyone else was doing). It was a three lane highway and there were ten to twelve rows of tightly packed cars traveling at exactly 55. I then noticed a state trooper car in the front of the pack (nobody dared pass him). It looked like the first lap of the Indy 500 with all the cars packed tightly together.

We drove for about ten miles and then the cop exited the parkway.. within five seconds everyone was doing 75 again. lol

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/24/09 07:00 AM

That's one thing I like about out west, the speed limit is higher. You can go 80 and not worry about getting a ticket.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/24/09 07:03 PM

States should post signs reading, "slower traffic keep right."

NJ is a terrible state for traffic violations. Article in the Star Ledger several years ago revealed that moving and parking violations account for between 4 and 18 percent of municipalities' budgets. Cases are heard in courts where the judges are appointed by the city councils. No wonder NJ is ranked as the toughest state in the union for a motorist to win a traffic case.

AZ is obsessed with photo radar. Permanent photo radar is installed every two miles on the interestates and state roads in the Phoenix area. Mobile units are all over like dog s**t. Driving back from Sky Harbor to our home 100 miles away last Wednesday night, we passed 8 permanent and 3 mobile units. The state is required to post a sign, "Photo Enforcement Ahead," 300 yards before you get your picture snapped. They abide by this for the permanent sites. But the f***o's who operate the mobile vans (private contractor that keeps a percentage of all fines) either put the signs 100 feet from their vans, or put them a half-mile before, lulling you into thinking they're not ther--and then they snap your photo. The legality of photo radar is being challenged now. But the revenues have made it all but permanent. mad
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 07/24/09 07:17 PM

I heard a comedian say that he got a $100 ticket from a camera. He took a picture a $100 bill and sent it in.
Posted By: bogey

Re: Pulled Over for Going to Slow - 08/09/09 07:44 AM

My car was in the shop for about a week and a half, and while it was getting worked on insurance hooked me up with a rental. I'm used to driving an 01 cavalier.. and they gave me a Pontiac G5. Bright red. 2008. Sooo fast and smooth, you can't even tell when you're speeding.

I got my first speeding ticket. I was working, I'm a delivery driver nowadays and we were slammed. 49 in a 25. Cop said he had to do 60 just to catch up with me. Let me go on the wreckless endangerment or whatever it would have been. Dunno if it was because it was my first incident or because I batted my blue eyes and played the part of the ditzy girl. tongue
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET