Home

My Grandmother Passed!

Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 09:17 AM

Sad news frown

After weeks in hospital,the inevitable had to happen i suppose. My beloved grandmother,Agnes Patterson(called Nana by everyone) passed away during the night. She was a magnificent 98 and the grandest lady i ever knew. I never heard her say a bad word about anybody,never saw her lose her temper,never heard her swear! All she did was smile,feed people and give her countless grandkids and great-grandkids sweets and money smile

She is my last grandparent to pass,but she is also the only one i knew because the other 3 had all passed before i was born. When i was younger i used to spend my whole holiday time at her house becasue she lived up in Scotland in the countryside and it was magical.

Now she has gone and will bu up in heaven with my father and her son who died 7 years ago. I rememeber sitting with her at his funeral and her saying nothing,just a tear rolling down her cheek!!!!

I am really upset today.As cut up as i can ever rememeber about anything, but i am glad she isn't suffering anymore and she went peacefully!

RIP Nana.

I love you!
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 09:28 AM

Oh dear, I am so sorry Yogi, if it is any consolation, I kind of know what you are going through, back in 2007, my Grandma passed too, she was just how you described yours, but she was only 68, and was taken before her time because of too large of an amount of anesthesia during a knee replacement surgery.

I was quite despondent for a while, but, I realized that she is in a better place, and that, things, will eventually get better; and Yogi I am sure that you will notice the same thing

smile

Rest in Peace, Nana Yogi

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 09:37 AM

Thanks Santino!
Posted By: SC

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 10:00 AM

Ahhh {{{Yogi}}}

I'm sorry to hear that sad news. She sounds like she was a truly wonderful woman, and knowing you, I wouldn't expect any less... you had to get the goodness from SOMEONE.

You have some great memories and I only hope that they are enough now to get you through this sad time. Her body may be gone but her spirit will live with you for the rest of your life.

Give all your kids a kiss from this Yank and be well, my friend!

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 10:05 AM

And a big kiss back to you from these Limeys my friend!

Thanks SC.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 11:27 AM

My sincere condolences to you and your family Yogi. May she rest in peace.

Hugs.
Posted By: svsg

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 12:19 PM

My condolences Yogi frown
Posted By: klydon1

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 01:11 PM

I'm sorry about your grandmother's passing, Yogi. It's gratifying that she's had such a long and rewarding life, making others happy. She sounds like a really charming lady.

May your warm memories of her ease your grief.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 01:17 PM

Condolences Yogi. Even at 98 the loss is painful. She sounds like she was quite a woman. RIP
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 03:20 PM

Yogi,

I am so sorry about your grandmother. frown I never knew my grandfathers, but cherish the memories of both my grandmothers. Grandmas are one of a kind.

TIS
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 03:33 PM

Sorry to hear it, Yogi. frown She seemed very special, and will live on in all your hearts. Hang in there, mate!
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 04:40 PM

A grandma's love is one of life's treasures. You were blessed to have her for many years. My condolences.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 04:49 PM

So sorry, Yogi. I lost all 4 of my grandparents by the time I was in my early 20s. Your having held onto your Grandmother into your middle-age is remarkable.
Posted By: AD

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 04:51 PM

May she rest in peace frown
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 04:56 PM

Please accept my condolences, Yogi. My grandmother of blessed memory lived to be 96, and every day I spent with her was a blessing. She was the most wonderful person in the world. I feel for you.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 05:28 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss Yogi..
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 07:17 PM

Yogi, I am truly sorry to hear of your loss.

I imagine you've been thinking of all the wonderful and special memories. At age 98 - the things she must have seen and the stories she must have related!

But, as you say, she is not suffering and is in a place where she is beyond all earthly pain.

My sincerest condolences.

Signor V.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 09:38 PM

Yogi,

You and your family have my heart felt sympathies. Treasure your memories that you have of Nana. I'm sure she is looking down from heaven looking at you with a big smile on her face.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 09:52 PM

It's a real shame to hear it mate. I tend to look at the positives in these situations and I'm sure you're comforted by the fact she made a grand age. That really is one hell of an achievement and I bet she loved seeing her grandkids grow up, and was even lucky enough to see the great grandkids.

All the best Yogi, take it easy.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/02/09 10:05 PM

98 years of blessed memories. She's resting with the angels now.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/03/09 02:32 AM

Awww. I'm so sorry, Yogi. frown

SC got it just right when he noted that your kindness and good spirit likely was passed on to you through her. And she'll live on in that way, and with all of the good memories you have of her.

It sounds like she led a very special and meaningful life, and was a blessing to you all. Remember this, and take care!
Posted By: Don Zadjali

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/03/09 02:45 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss frown
RIP and God Bless
Posted By: whisper

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/03/09 02:50 AM

98 years!!! What an effort. My condolences, Yogi.

I never had a good relationship with my Nana.
Posted By: goombah

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/03/09 10:42 AM

Please accept my sympathies for your loss, Yogi.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/03/09 01:49 PM

My sincerest condolences to you and your family for your loss.

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/03/09 02:26 PM

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts!

It means a lot!

Thanks again.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/04/09 06:49 AM

My dear friend, I was on holiday and didn't see this until just now. I know you've been so worried about her, and now what you feared the most has happened. I'm so very sorry to hear that your Nana has passed.

Please keep all of your wonderful memories close to your heart and cherish them always. And know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/04/09 07:24 PM

Iam so sorry to hear about your Grandmother.

ds
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/04/09 10:12 PM

Sorry I'm late to this thread Yogi. I'm sorry for your loss frown. Was your grandmother Scottish? I ask because my grandmother is Scottish as well, and we also call her Nana.
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/06/09 11:31 PM

My sincere condolences to you and yours, Yogi. Not having spent much time with my own grandparents (they all passed before I was born or when I was very young), it lightens my heart that you have such great memories with your Nana.

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/07/09 01:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
Sorry I'm late to this thread Yogi. I'm sorry for your loss frown. Was your grandmother Scottish? I ask because my grandmother is Scottish as well, and we also call her Nana.

Yes she was Blib!

Liked her whiskey and her shortbread smile

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/09/09 07:37 AM

Her funeral is tomoorrow. Up in Scotland,Edinburgh to be precise.I always look forward to a trip up North,but not tomorrow.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/09/09 12:08 PM

I'm sending you a hug across the Atlantic, Yogi. I hope it keeps you warm on your trip up North.

Re: My Grandmother Passed! - 07/09/09 01:21 PM

Thanks Babe.

Hugs are always welcome smile
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET