Home

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade $49.99!

Posted By: Just Lou

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade $49.99! - 06/26/09 08:47 PM

Amazon.com is having a pre-order special of MS Windows 7 Home Premium for $49.99. This is 1/2 price if you order now. I don't know how long the special will last.

Posted By: BAM_233

Re: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade $49 - 06/26/09 08:51 PM

is that supose to be the upgrade from xp?

Re: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade $49 - 06/26/09 08:53 PM

It's the upgrade from Vista, but according to the specs, it will also upgrade XP.

Re: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade $49 - 06/26/09 08:56 PM

lol

Microsoft doesn't sound too confident in their upgrade process if you aren't running Vista:

* Windows Vista
The transition to Windows 7 should be pretty smooth, although you may need to update your system to the latest service pack first.

* Windows XP (or any other operating system)
We recommend that you experience Windows 7 on a new PC. While we don't recommend it, you can opt to upgrade your current PC from Windows XP or another operating system to Windows 7. We recommend that you get help with this process from your local computer service provider. You'll need to back up your current files and settings, perform a custom (clean) installation, and then reinstall your files, settings, and programs.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade $49 - 06/26/09 09:09 PM

And it's $99.99 for Win 7 Professional, in case you want to run "many" (not all?) existing Windows XP productivity applications (whatever those may be) in Windows 7.

I think I'll wait until I'm in the market to order a new PC... nothing's wrong with XP, and I wanna see the user reviews first.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade $49 - 06/26/09 09:15 PM

Hey Waldo! smile

I don't understand these upgrades. I don't know what windows I have. my bad??? All I know is that when my computer suggests updates, I do it. Other than that I don't know nuttin' about nuttin'. tongue

TIS

Re: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade $49 - 06/26/09 09:16 PM

I ran Windows 7 Beta on my laptop for a few months, and it ran like a dream. It didn't have all the bells and whistles the final version is supposed to have, but it was much faster than Vista. I have no intention of upgrading my XP systems either. They're a few years old already, and it would be a waste. XP runs well on them.

Re: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade $49 - 06/27/09 04:02 AM

I placed my pre-order for the Home Premium version. For $50, I'll give it a shot. wink

Re: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade $49 - 06/27/09 07:40 PM

The $49.99 for Premium and $99.99 price for Professional is good until 7/11/2009. Then the price returns to normal.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET