Home

Becky & Frank's wedding

Posted By: Mignon

Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/26/09 06:44 PM

Pic's will be coming soon.

My thoughts of the day:
The Good Lord blessed us with a beautiful day Saturday. We were suppose to have thunderstorms. My older son walked me to the pulpit area where I got to light one side of the unity candle and Frank's Mom lit the other side. The preacher and Frank came out OMG Frank wore a white tux with black pin stripes. I must say my new Son looked very handsome. When I seen my younger Son who was the ring bearer and the flower girl walk down the aisle my tears started to flow. My 2 Sons were very handsome in their tuxes. The rest of the bridal party came next. The girls were beautiful in their yellow dresses and the boys were handsome in their black tuxes. When I seen the Col. walk Bec down the aisle he was crying which made me cry even more. Becky looked just like a angel from heaven. The Preacher did a wonderful ceremony. The funny part of the ceremony was when he asked for the rings someone put the rings on the pillow with a tight knot instead of a loose one and my son had trouble getting the rings off. The preacher couldn't get them off so the best man FINALLY got them off. The preacher made a joke about it and everyone laughed. Then they lit the big unity candle then he pronounced them man and wife then they kissed. We did the reception line thing hugged and thanked everyone who came. They came out of the church and we blasted them with the bird seed. We got alot of bird seed in Frank's car. He's gonna have fun sweeping it all out.
My in-laws are having their 50th wedding anniversary this year so we had the photographer take a family pic of us. 14 of us to be exact. The bridal party went to Lakeview Park to have the pic's taken by the beach(Lake Erie.)

The Reception-
I had the meats, rolls, and a chicken dish catered. We made the veggies and the garden salad and the swedish meatballs. My Sil and Mil made the appetizers, which we almost ran out of cuz they took a long time to get the pic's made. The dinner was excellent but I took 2 bites of food and couldn't finish. I guess I was too excited or too tired to eat or maybe it was my best friend from HS who sat by me and we were laughing and talking about the old days. The bride/groom dance. Becky picked From This Moment by Shania Twain. Watching them dance together was very beautiful. And now for the tear jerking part. Father/Daughter dance. Becky picked I Loved Her First by Heartland. I don't know if any of you have heard this song or not but it is the perfect Father/Daughter dance song.
The Col held her very close to him and sung that song to her. I was crying already but when I seen my older son crying the tears were coming very fast. I know alot of people in that room was crying. I'm even crying now just writing about it.

Cutting the cake-
A very sweet lady from the Church I go to when I am visiting my in-laws made the cake for me. It was a 3 tier white with yellow and peach roses. She did a excellent job on it. And she only charged me $90.00 for it. She told me she would make the baby shower cake when the time comes(hint hint Becky & Frank)They cut that very beautiful cake and shoved it in each other's faces.

When the reception was over we cleaned up the hall and then we all went back to the church and straightened up there for servies Sunday morning.

Note about Becky & Frank's bridal party: April,Heather, Hailey,Amanda,Eric,Jeremy,Shawn,Brandon were the most helpful when it came to decorating the church the reception hall.And just as helpful when it came to cleanup. Me and the Col feel blessed that they have good friends like that.

Bec & Frank if you read this Mom & Dad loves the both of you.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/26/09 07:12 PM

May their first child be a masculine child! Congrats, Mig! Did you have people waiting on line to request favors? wink
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/26/09 07:52 PM

Congratulations, Mig. I was getting tears in my eyes just from reading it. May they have a long and happy life together.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/26/09 07:57 PM

Glad it was a great day for you.. Congrats to the both of them..
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/26/09 08:03 PM

I'm sure it was a mixture of happiness and tears, Mig. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Posted By: SC

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/26/09 08:08 PM

There was a wedding? Why didn't you post something about this in advance?

Sounds like a great day, Mig. I'm happy for ya!!
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/26/09 08:11 PM

Congrats to the happy couple! Great stories, Mig - thanks for sharing. smile
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/27/09 12:17 AM

It sounds beautiful and it seems everything went well. I can't wait to see the pictures. Please tell Becky and her new husband congratualtions for me ok? I'm jealous. I love to go to weddings. You know what your next announcement will be don't ya??? wink "Love and marriage, love and marriage." smile

TIS
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/27/09 01:28 AM

Congrats to Becky & Frank, and you and the Col, too, Miggy!
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/27/09 01:39 AM

Mama, I am so happy for all of you. I know that you and the Col. are very proud! You re-cap above was very touching and it sounds as if the wedding was a great one!

CUT TO: Village church in Lakeview Park. Traditional Redneck wedding music plays as the church bells ring. The priest blesses Frank and Becky as they kneel at the church's entrance.

Becky's family, and other townspeople are gathered around. Hailey and Jeremy look on.

-day

PRIEST (in a southern accent) : in thee name of thee Pappee, and thee Son, and thee Holy Ghost -- Yeeehaaa -- Ahhmen

The bridal procession makes its way up the street. Becky and Frank, the bride and groom, are followed by the procession, throwing bird seed all over them.

CUT TO: The Hoedown , where Frank and Becky and guests are square dancing at the reception, to "Cotton Eyed Joe" (alla Rednex).

Congratulations to both you and the Col.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/27/09 05:12 AM

Congratulations to these newly weds and you Miggie! I wish them the best of luck! smile

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/27/09 08:15 PM

Thanks to all of you who took the time to post here and to wish Bec and Frank good luck.

Note to DC Sounds like you were there in person. Why didn't you come over and say howdy? smile

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/27/09 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
Note to DC Sounds like you were there in person. Why didn't you come over and say howdy? smile

No one ever told me that I was invited! wink

You're a good sport Mig!!!
Posted By: Fame

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/28/09 12:14 AM

I'm so happy for you, my dear dear sister!

Thanx for sharing your thoughts of the day, it was so much fun to read this!

May they have the best of everything!

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/28/09 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Fame
I'm so happy for you, my dear dear sister!

Thanx for sharing your thoughts of the day, it was so much fun to read this!

May they have the best of everything!

Aww!! Thank you Fame, my dear Brother. I can't wait to get the pic's back so you guys can see them.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/28/09 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi

No one ever told me that I was invited! wink

You're a good sport Mig!!!

With redneck weddings you don't need an invite. You just show up. You don't have to get dressed up either. Bib overalls and flannel shirts are fine. whistle smile
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/28/09 01:27 AM

Sweet. And Congrats Mom. You brought a tear to my eye remembering the special day for my daughter August 6, 2005. I can relate to the Col. It was a tearfully, happy day.

My best to the bride and groom. clap cry smile
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/28/09 01:14 PM

That is a beautiul account of the day Mig. It all sounds brilliant. Congrats to the young couple and can't wait to see the pics smile

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/28/09 04:35 PM

MC- The Col felt the same way as you did about your Daughter. I remember when you posted about your Daughters wedding. I was so happy for you. Thanks so much.

Yogi- Thank you so much. Now I have three Sons instead of two. I called him last night to see how he likes his new job. When he answered the phone I said "hey Son" he started laughing.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/28/09 04:44 PM

Sounds like a wonderful and happy day for your family, Mig.

I am thinking forward to my daughter's wedding day. Is it socially acceptable for me to give my new son-in-law a nice hard punch to the stomach as a warning to treat my daughter right? tongue lol This "ceremonial hit" would be the moment after I finish walking her down the aisle and hand her over to the bridegroom... whistle

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/28/09 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: goombah
I am thinking forward to my daughter's wedding day. Is it socially acceptable for me to give my new son-in-law a nice hard punch to the stomach as a warning to treat my daughter right? tongue lol This "ceremonial hit" would be the moment after I finish walking her down the aisle and hand her over to the bridegroom... whistle

goombah, I believe the proper etiquette is a punch to the mouth instead of stomach. Something EVERY father should do to a perspective son-in-law.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/28/09 06:26 PM

The Col wanted to bring one of his guns to the church. When Frank asked us last Summer for our permission, I told him if I ever found out that he is abusing her in any way that I have a cousin who is a assisstant coroner in Kentucky who has access to the morgue. Who will only be to happy to dispose of a body.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/28/09 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: SC

goombah, I believe the proper etiquette is a punch to the mouth instead of stomach. Something EVERY father should do to a perspective son-in-law.

But then you have to ask yourself, "Do I really want to look at a son-in-law with a bunch of missing teeth?" If the answer is no, that by default means I could NOT put as much ooomph into the punch, which kind of defeats the whole purpose. wink
Posted By: svsg

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/28/09 08:28 PM

Congrats! So no pics yet huh?

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/28/09 11:39 PM

And when you punch the son in law in the face and he asks " What was that for?" you tell him "That was for nothing, so just imagine if you do something to my daughter." ;

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/29/09 04:45 AM

And when you punch the son in law in the face and he asks " What was that for?" you tell him "That was for nothing, so just imagine if you do something to my daughter." ;

Now that is good. Either that or tell them Uncle Santino will pay him a visit.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/29/09 06:19 AM

Congrats for them, all this talk is making me think of how to deal with Molly's boyfriends in the future... tongue

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/29/09 05:30 PM

You'll be a good Dad Loggy. No need to fret about it now.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/29/09 05:55 PM

Here's a few pics. More will be forth coming.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/30/09 04:17 AM

How nice Mig. smile Becky's dress is beautiful. You all look so nice. How many people were there?

I can relate to the excitement, pride, tears and every other emotion involved in a daughter's wedding.

TIS

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/30/09 04:53 AM

I cropped the one of Becky and proud mama, Mig (to cut out some of the background):

Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/30/09 06:31 AM

Very nice, Miggy! cool
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/30/09 10:40 AM

Great pics Mig cool

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/30/09 02:48 PM

Nice pictures Mig. Becky looks beautiful! And you definitely look like the proud Mama.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/30/09 04:44 PM

Thanks. I AM A VERY PROUD MAMA. Here's a pic of my Son's.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/30/09 05:27 PM

Mig, the thing I like best about Becky as a bride is that she looks like herself. Very lovely. And what a great color pick for all of you. Yellow is SO spring-like.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/30/09 05:30 PM

I agree with SB, nice spring colors. smile Everyone looks so nice. great pictures. Btw, where are the happy couple going on their honeymoon? Don't remember if you mentioned it.

TIS

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/30/09 06:10 PM

Yea Becky's colors were peach and canary yellow. Which surprised me cuz her fav color is sky blue.

As for the honeymoon they will be spending it with us in August. We are going on a cruise to Mexico for the Col's parents 50th wedding anniversary. 16 of us are going.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/30/09 08:42 PM

Very nice pictures, Mig. Your daughter made a ravishing bride (She gets her good looks from you). She and her hubby look wonderful together.
Posted By: svsg

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/30/09 09:07 PM

Nice pics Mig. I've never been to an American wedding. Whoever (JG / I-12 tongue ) marries next (JG/I-12), should invite me smile

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/31/09 03:00 AM

One more of the Newlyweds. Frank looks so handsome in his gangster tux.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/31/09 03:31 AM

Nice Mig. I didn't notice the beads/sequins on the front of Becky's dress. Very beautiful. smile

Do you find that you can kind of relax now that it's over. Take a deep breath. wink

TIS

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/31/09 04:27 AM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Nice Mig. I didn't notice the beads/sequins on the front of Becky's dress. Very beautiful. smile

Do you find that you can kind of relax now that it's over. Take a deep breath. ;)TIS

Thanks TIS. Yeah I did get to take a deep breath and rest up. But now we are planning the Col's parents 50th wedding anniversary party/renew vows ceremony.
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/31/09 04:39 AM

Great pictures Mig! Becky looks lovely! smile

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 05/31/09 07:12 AM

Aww thanks Af's. You're such a sweetheart.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/01/09 02:16 AM

The big guy next to Frank looks like Raymond's brother in Everybody Loves Raymond.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/02/09 04:24 AM

Congrats to you Mig, and the lovely bride! I'm very happy for all of you!

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/02/09 07:16 AM

Thanks Gina!! How's your Astros doing so far?

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/02/09 10:26 PM

Great pics, Mig! It sure looks like everyone is having a blast!

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 01:15 AM

They're doing alright, Mig. Working their way back with some nice pitching lately, so that's given some hope!

I thought of you last night when I had some Spaghettios. tongue I'd gotten them to have at school as a last resort (lol), but didn't use them until now.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 01:49 AM

Originally Posted By: ginaitaliangirl
I thought of you last night when I had some Spaghettios. tongue I'd gotten them to have at school as a last resort (lol), but didn't use them until now.

Aww thanks for thinking of me. Were they plain or did they have meatballs in them? Don't worry I won't tell Cardi. Cuz if he finds out He'll never let you live it down.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 01:52 AM

I'll tell him, Mig...I tried to get Cardi to give you a pass but he refused.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 02:02 AM

Thanks Mark, I just read that. But PLEASE don't do that to Gina. shhh

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 02:16 AM

Okay, Mig...her secret is safe. I won't tell.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 02:18 AM

Bless your heart Mark.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 11:18 AM

blush
Shucks, ma'am..t'wernt nothing.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark
blush
Shucks, ma'am..t'wernt nothing.

lol Are you a closeted hilbilly Mark? wink

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 06:45 PM

Okay, confession time - my mother is 100% Italian Chicago city girl and my dad is 100% Kentucky hillbilly backwoods redneck. Last year at their 50th anniversary party it looked like Slingblade meets The Sopranos! Sheesh!

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 08:54 PM

OMG The Col. has family in the backwoods of Kentucky. What part of KY is your Dad from. That's another thing we have in common.

I'm going to KY in a couple weeks to go 4 wheelin in the mountains at some strip jobs .

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 09:01 PM

My dad was born and raised on a farm near Monticello, Kentucky. He did what almost every poor farm boy did at that time - as soon as they were old enough, him and his brothers enlisted in the service to "escape" the grind of poverty rural farm life. He worked his ass off his entire life. I am half "Corleone" and half "Clampett"! Ha!

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 09:10 PM

Has your dad ever gone back to visit the kin folk?

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 09:13 PM

Oh, yeah! We used to take summer vacations down there when I was a kid! No running water, pump bath water from the ground and my favorite - an out house in the back yard of my grandparents home.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 09:15 PM

This really is cheap therapy!

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 09:44 PM

We need to get together one of these days and share stories.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 09:44 PM

Oh, yeah! We used to take summer vacations down there when I was a kid! No running water, pump bath water from the ground and my favorite - an out house in the back yard of my grandparents home.

Boy have you brought back some good memories.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 10:58 PM

While the other kids in my class were vacationing in Florida, "Collie-foy-nyah" and New York, I got to go to rural Versailles, Indiana. eek
I once saw a creepy looking bald kid playing banjo in a tree. That's a true story. rolleyes

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 11:07 PM

Okay, confession time - my mother is 100% Italian Chicago city girl and my dad is 100% Kentucky hillbilly backwoods redneck. Last year at their 50th anniversary party it looked like Slingblade meets The Sopranos! Sheesh!

MEETS

As for our LITTLE GINA, she gets a pass. She was desperate for Italian food. She had no choice at that point, she just totally lost self control. But she promised that it would never happen again! Right Gina? wink

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 11:33 PM

I thought I saw somebody there snapping pics randomly! Don Cardi, I don't blame you for not staying long! There were no salsicce & peppers anywhere! clap Thanks, DC, that made my night!

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 11:42 PM

Mark, did you ever take your youngins there? All 3 of my kids love KY. My new Son loves it to.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 11:44 PM

No, Mig. My grandparents had passed away before my kids were born and their idea of roughing it is a hotel with NO room service. I wouldn't dare take them down there!

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 11:47 PM

As for our LITTLE GINA, she gets a pass. She was desperate for Italian food. She had no choice at that point, she just totally lost self control. But she promised that it would never happen again! Right Gina? wink

You are so mean to me Cardi.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/03/09 11:57 PM

You are so mean to me Cardi.

Ahhh, DC just rolled out of the coffin on the wrong side today. How he could give a pass to ginaitaliangirl is beyond me, though.

gina, from now on (since you actually admitted eating SpaghettiO's) your name is ginagirl. tongue

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/04/09 01:17 AM

If I'd known the fuss this would've caused, I'd have kept quiet! lol

I used to eat them when I was little, but this time around, I knew how they'd taste (and knew poor Mig's reputation of getting teased for it!), but did it anyway. Maybe I am just a GinaGirl. tongue

This reminds me of that scene in My Blue Heaven where Barney tries to tempt Vinnie with the "Italian" room service food. What was it, macaroni and a salad with Italian dressing? haha

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/05/09 12:22 AM

Ahhh, DC just rolled out of the coffin on the wrong side today.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/05/09 12:39 AM

lol

For those of you who may not recognize him, that's DC!!

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/05/09 12:44 AM

Aww look at that cute little vampire. smile
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/05/09 12:45 AM

For those of you who may not recognize him, that's DC!!

I recognized the bloodsucker right away. tongue

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/05/09 06:13 PM

Here is one more pic of the wedding. This pic reminds me a little of Connie's wedding pic.

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/05/09 10:56 PM

Here is one more pic of the wedding. This pic reminds me a little of Connie's wedding pic.

Yeah? Where's Sonny and Lucy?

Re: Becky & Frank's wedding - 06/05/09 11:34 PM

I said a little.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET