Home

GBB Ultimate Comeback

Posted By: Fame

GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/08/09 11:16 AM

So I was thinking (yeah I do that sometimes)...how about a GBB comeback, calling all the old-timers back to the table?
I've only been here for a few days, but it's hard not to notice that the forum isn't as active as it used to be in the past. So many old-timers that I thought were here to stay are just....gone. MIA. I know I have no say about this since I'm probably more gone than most of them, but I thought maybe I could help by sending a message or two. I'm sure all those members who are no longer posting have their reasons...but sometimes ppl need a reminder...and one message asking to get their ass back here isn't going to hurt.

But I wanted to ask you guys first. If there's the option to send one private message to a number of ppl, then no problem, it only takes a minute and can't hurt. I could just make a list of all members with, let's say more than 500 posts who are no longer here and tell them about this comeback. I'm sure first you'll see many of them posting in the comback thread saying stuff like "OOO I'm here" and after a week or two they'll be gone again...but I'm sure that a few of them will stay...so I think it's worth it in the end.

Anyway, just thought I'll ask for your opinion first. I dont know if something like that was done before.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/08/09 11:50 AM

A "virtual" reunion?? Why not??
Posted By: Mignon

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/08/09 12:26 PM

What a great idea my Brother. Go for it!!
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/08/09 12:41 PM

Well I certainly fit in the category of "old". grin I'll be there.

I see some oldtimers (now and then) browsing the BB without posting. Perhaps a little "come back" request is all they need. You know, to feel welcome. smile
What a sweetheart you are Fame. Sure, why not. Give it a shot.

TIS
Posted By: Mark

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/08/09 12:49 PM

Take it easy, Fame...remember Apalachin? grin

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/08/09 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark

Who? Was that one of our BBers?

You're right though. We have had a few member that we might prefer not come back. lol But.....the good outweigh the bad by far.

TIS
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/08/09 02:05 PM

Great idea. Many are posting les because some members were becoming obnoxious and it was ruining the boards. Also its getting tough to come up with new angles on the Godfather movies. Great as they are how much can be said?
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/08/09 04:13 PM

Thats why your back Fame cause i happend to send you a randon PM asking how you was....

smile

Great idea though,be good to get some of the old timers back..
Posted By: Longneck

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/08/09 05:12 PM

The GBB Ultimate Comeback is:

Click to reveal..

"So's Your Face!"

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/08/09 06:38 PM

That's kinda boring now..

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/09/09 01:19 AM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
That's kinda boring now..

GBB Ultimate Comeback
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/09/09 07:19 AM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Great idea. Many are posting les because some members were becoming obnoxious and it was ruining the boards. Also its getting tough to come up with new angles on the Godfather movies. Great as they are how much can be said?

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/09/09 07:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/09/09 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

I see some oldtimers (now and then) browsing the BB without posting. Perhaps a little "come back" request is all they need. You know, to feel welcome. smile
What a sweetheart you are Fame. Sure, why not. Give it a shot.

TIS

Oh no, it's not gonna be a "come back" request to make them feel welcome, I'm not as sweet as you think I am. It's gonna be something like "Get your sorry miserable ass back in the forum, and I mean NOW, you bunch of lazy fucks!!!" grin

And on a more serious note, I humbly thank you for the compliment, TIS. I'm not even half the sweetheart you are smile

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/09/09 03:00 PM

Don't remind me.....I told'em it was a bad idea to meet at a barber's house, but the fools wouldnt listen grin

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/09/09 03:12 PM

lolGood to meet you, I'm Mark from Illinois.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/09/09 03:27 PM

Who? Was that one of our BBers?

You're right though. We have had a few member that we might prefer not come back. lol But.....the good outweigh the bad by far.

TIS

I think he meant the 1957 apalachin meeting, one of the most embarassing moments in mafia history. It was raided by NY police...more than 50 were apprehended.

As for which members to write to...well, there are too many members to begin with, I doubt I'll write everyone. The limit is 20 recipients per PM, so maybe I'll send 3 or 4 PM's, we'll see.

If there is someone in particular that you guys remember who didnt have many posts, but is worthy of a comeback, please post the name and I'll add him/her to the list.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/09/09 03:33 PM

Indeed, 1957 Apalachin. As Sam Giancana (my avatar) said; "That would have never happened in Chicago. We control an entire county."

I digress...good luck to all with the reunion, Fame. I am a newbie and am in awe of all the cool people and subjects on this BB. Saute'!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/09/09 04:18 PM

Cool stuff, Mark, stick around the forums!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/09/09 04:31 PM

The thing to do would be too look at the user list and to send a pm to the users who havn't posted in say 6 months..

Turi
Chopper
Capo
Double J
Don Vercetti
DMC
Apple
Patrick
Goodfellaoggie
Partagas
LLC
Bogey
XDCX

theres a few for you to start on... wink
Posted By: svsg

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/09/09 04:39 PM

clap although, people would treat it with more importance had these been typed in upper case.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 12:34 AM

I've posted in six months.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 01:04 AM

The thing to do would be too look at the user list and to send a pm to the users who havn't posted in say 6 months..

Turi
Chopper
Capo
Double J
Don Vercetti
DMC
Apple
Patrick
Goodfellaoggie
Partagas
LLC
Bogey
XDCX

theres a few for you to start on... wink

I'd post more if my name was on the top of the list...
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 05:55 AM

Fame, I don't know how many old timers you sent messages to, but so far I've gotten 11 bounced emails. ohwell

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 05:58 AM

Maybe we need to just focus on recruiting more new timers.
Posted By: howardsternisgod

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 05:58 AM

Hey guys, anybody remember me from back in the day? I used to love this message board, and I'm not really sure why I quit coming to it. The email I got telling me to come post in this thread was quite a blast from the past though, and it's nice to be back.

And I know it's late, but rest in peace, plawrence.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 06:01 AM

Yeah, man, I remember you. And your photos. Mostly cuz I wasn't a Howard fan whistle lol What are you up to these days? You still in radio?
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 06:19 AM

hi Fella's! this is an exciting thread. how are you Don JG? nice to see you again. smile where's Consigliere SC?
keep'em coming!

GoodFella
Posted By: howardsternisgod

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 06:23 AM

Well after I graduated from college I got hired to produce a radio show at the station, then about a year ago I got laid off. Now I'm going back to school for a master's degree and still playing a lot of poker, but now making some money at it. So just going to school and playing poker semi-professionally.

Oh, and interestingly, I'm writing my "weekly controversial opinion article" again for the school newspaper. So I've basically gone full circle. I'm right back where I started.

lol

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 06:27 AM

Holy Shit, I'm done! grin

I dont think I'm gonna send another PM for the rest of my life! grin

But actually, thanks to the cool option of 20 ppl per PM, it wasnt too hard...I ended up sending 5 PM's but the last one only had 2 members, so in total I think I wrote to 75-80 members....I sure hope I didnt do it for nothing. But Howard is alreay here, so that's a good start! Hey Howard, good to see ya! smile

I went over the user list and picked some familiar names, and some less familiar that I seem to remember in a positive way...at least I hope so! grin

But yeah, I went over it pretty fast, so I'm sure I missed a few names here and there - it's nothing personal!

JG - I apologize, I didnt know you'd get those emails. Again, I'm truly sorry.
Posted By: SC

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 06:38 AM

OGGIE!!! HSIG!!! Welcome back guys... what a pleasant surprise to see you both!

My computer crashed back in January and I lost ALL my pictures but still remember pix of both of you... oggie, you were holding a cigar and smiling. hsig, you were standing next to some REALLY hot babe (whom you had just interviewed).

I hope all is well with both of you.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 06:43 AM

Hey goodfella! welcome back! smile

DE NIRO - all the people in your list already got the PM, only it wouldnt let me send Partagas, which is a shame, he's a cool dude.

And I think I made a mistake writing to whisper instead of chopper, so it's up to you DE NIRO to write to chopper, like I said, I'm done sending PM'S grin
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 06:55 AM

Hi Fame! Well, I've not been around for a while now, but I was asked to say hello or something, so here it is: Hello or something. wink

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 07:39 AM

Howie, that's funny! haha I wish you all the best in your full circle! grin

Oggie! Great to see you, my friend! Please check back in more often! cool

Fame, thanks for doing all that! cool

Originally Posted By: SC
My computer crashed back in January and I lost ALL my pictures

Crap, I've been meaning to send you a CD with all the ones I have! Remind me... I gotta hit the sack now, tho... 'night!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 07:40 AM

Smartass grin

Just kiddin afs, great seein ya! smile

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 07:41 AM

And of course, Afs... you've been around, but not often enough!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 07:52 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Fame, thanks for doing all that! cool

My pleasure smile

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 07:55 AM

And of course, Afs... you've been around, but not often enough!

Oh, I meant to write I've been around for a while now. Can't believe I messed that up... I'm losing my mind.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 08:20 AM

Lovely idea, Fame, and very thoughtful of you!

Somehow I was involved in one of the comeback messages...haven't I been around enough? tongue wink

I do hope this inspires our old-timers to return and remain!
Posted By: Lavinia from Italy

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 11:28 AM

Nice to know that I've been missed, gang! I missed you too!

I'm in the middle of a super-hectic time. Moved home three months ago and I'm not totally done with the unpacking process yet, which is making me rather mad. Lost two out of my three beloved cats, which broke my heart. Lost about 20 kilos, which made me very proud but very hungry as well. Experienced some setbacks at work lately, which annoyed me but I think I'm going to survive after all.

I'd love to remain. Just need to bring good habits back in my life.

Love,
Lavinia

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 11:55 AM

Hello Lavinia! Good to see you around. smile Sorry about your cats, congratulations on you weight loss and new home. smile

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 12:07 PM

Ciao Afs, my dear friend! How are you? Any news about you I should not miss?
Posted By: goombah

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 12:09 PM

I still post, but not as much as I used to. I would be interested to hear from Rocky, who has not posted much in the past few years. He's from my neck of the woods. Krela, too, but she's had her hands full with at least one little one...

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 12:11 PM

Lavinia, how nice to see you back. smile I hope you are well.

Welcome back.

TIS

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 01:36 PM

LAVINIA!! Welcome back! Hope to see more of you, even though there's less of you!!!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 02:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Lavinia from Italy
I'd love to remain. Just need to bring good habits back in my life.

I thought posting here was a good habit.

Welcome back, Lavinia! It's REALLY good to "see" you.

I'm sorry about your cats... I know how you must feel and can only suggest that you remember that you gave them a good home, and that is something that many cats (unfortunately) don't get.

Congrats on the weight loss... that's 40 pounds!!! Not too shabby but I once lost 110 pounds of ugly fat - I divorced my first wife. whistle
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 02:07 PM

Fantastic idea, Fame! Great job and I commend you for all your hard work.

It's always great to see the old-timers. Welcome back everyone.
Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 03:10 PM

Hello People! And thank you Fame! I am one of those "old timer" who was missing over there... I can guess who of you people love me enough to miss me hahaha! Seriously, I have been busy studying hard so I hardly could get into the site. Yes, I can talk about an "comeback", or "The Return of Don Pappo Napolitano", or "The Revenge of Don Pappo Napolitano" or Rocky Balboa`s comeback style! Hahhaa! I remember some "old timers", but I don`t know if they are still coming or not...

Fame, I have a question for you... I read you are a new member here...So, we haven`t met each other because by the time you got into it I was missing. How did you get my nickname and my status as "old timer"? Who "stood up" for me to propose my name in the "Comeback list"? Were you the one who stood up for me or someone else did it?

It`s good to see you again people! Now I tell you that Maradona is our Coach! hahaha!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 03:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano
Fame, I have a question for you... I read you are a new member here...So, we haven`t met each other because by the time you got into it I was missing.

Hiya, DPN!! Welcome back!!! smile

Actually, Fame was a member here for a few years before you signed on.

Oh yeah, who is this Maradona guy you keep talking about? tongue

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 03:29 PM

Hello SC!!! It`s been so long! Oops! I have read he is since 2002! Hahaha! I made a mistake because he said "I`ve been here for a few days"...Hahaha! Now everything makes sense! However, my question is still working...Who "stood up" for me?

Sc, the guy I keep talking about is the one who will make us world champion next year! Haha

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 03:40 PM

Sc, the guy I keep talking about is the one who will make us world champion next year! Haha

Wow, that's a step down from healing lepers and walking on water, huh DPN? wink smile
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 04:21 PM

I'm posting at the request of Fame's PM. My posting is spotty. I have a job where I have to actually work and can't spend time on the BB like many of the slackers here wink. Free time is taken up by cooking, cleaning, doing the wash etc.

Hey Lav, are you still working by the Piazza Navona?

Lunch is over, back to work.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 04:58 PM

Good work Fame,good to see a few old timers logging back on..

I'll mail Chopper to see what he's up to..

smile
Posted By: JustMe

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 05:02 PM

I'm here too.
From time to time.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Sicilia

Wow, that's a step down from healing lepers and walking on water, huh DPN? wink smile

No, it´s a step up for you to regard him as the god he is and join me going to his Church and prey for Argentina to win the World Cup next year!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: JustMe
I'm here too.
From time to time.

Just Me! I still remember your powerfull soviet beauty!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 05:19 PM

Never knew there's a special soviet version of that thing

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 05:26 PM

Yes, there is....It´s called "Just me from Gangsterbb"!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 05:42 PM

No, it´s a step up for you to regard him as the god he is and join me going to his Church and prey for Argentina to win the World Cup next year!

dream on my friend..England will win it.. smile

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 05:52 PM

Yeah, England will win....Playing baby doll!
Posted By: Patrick

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 06:05 PM

What's good everybody..
Posted By: Beth E

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 06:08 PM

Tupac is alive.
Posted By: Saladbar

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 06:19 PM

No one pinged Mistersixer?
Posted By: Patrick

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 06:25 PM

LOL Beth...According to TMZ , he still is.

Hope you all are doing well. I just wrapped up my junior year at West Chester. I finished this semester with a 3.5 GPA, my best yet. I am supposed to start interning next week at NBC 10 in Philadelphia.

I leave tonight for Myrtle Beach with a couple of my high school friends. It should be a good time. I didn't get a chance to go to the beach at all last year, so I am looking forward to it. I have never been to Myrtle.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 06:33 PM

Good too see you back on Patrick..

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 06:34 PM

and the 2pac photos look alot like him..

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Patrick
I just wrapped up my junior year at West Chester. I finished this semester with a 3.5 GPA, my best yet.

Wow! Very impressive!

Nice to see you back here! smile
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 07:26 PM

Great to see the old names reappearing

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/12/09 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
I've posted in six months.

I didn't notice sorry smile
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 12:13 AM

How's it goin' everybody...

1-2-3-4

I said see, see, see rider
Oh, see what you have done
I said see, see, see rider
Oh, see what you have done
Oh girl, you made me love you
Now, now, now your lovin' man has gone

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 01:51 AM

Good too see you back on Patrick..

Yes welcome back Pat. Glad all is well. You'll love Myrtle Beach. Went there last Summer, had a blast.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 02:14 AM

Nice hook, Fame! I always liked you, so couldn't resist the charming invitation!

I'll 'come back' momentarily to congratulate Donald Trump on two very wise decisions over the past few days:

1. Allowing the very brave, intelligent, and extremely classy Miss California to keep her crown.

2. Hiring Joan Rivers over that skank poker player as the new Celebrity Apprentice.

Enjoy the reunion, everybody !!!
Posted By: Daigo Mick Friend

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 02:39 AM

Hello all,

Pop in from time to time mostly to read and see whats going on.
Don't post to much, but really never did.

See you down the road
Posted By: klydon1

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 03:24 AM

This is like watching "The Night of the Living Dead" or "Pet Semetary", but only happier. Fame, this thread has impressed me. You may be canonized.

It's nice to see such a turnout.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 03:26 AM

DMF,

I remember you. You've been here forever. wink Nice to see you back.

Everybody remember Mob? Haven't seen him in ages either. Maybe some of these people browse and will show up again.

TIS
Posted By: Blake

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 03:29 AM

Wow, good to see some of the older members back. I can't believe I've been visting this site for about 7 years now. Heres to many more!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 03:41 AM

Ei Blake! good to see the Old Timers. Hi Beth E how are you my friend? Saladbar, TIS, appleonya and to all. . . .Hi ! ! ! ! !
wait . . . Where's Turi? haha
Happy Place! lol!

GoodFella

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 04:34 AM

Ciao Afs, my dear friend! How are you? Any news about you I should not miss?

I lost my mom right before Spring. But I'm doing much better now after almost 2 months.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 06:52 AM

Originally Posted By: afsaneh77

I lost my mom right before Spring. But I'm doing much better now after almost 2 months.

Good God, Afi dear, I'm SO sorry!!! You have all my feelings of support and condolescence there with you. That's really a terrible loss.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 07:29 AM

Thanks JM, hugs!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 09:05 AM

Oggie!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 09:57 AM

My God, Afs.....I'm terribly, terribly sorry for your loss. I totally understand how you feel.....Please, know that I'm here for you.

Hugs and love,
Lavi

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 10:00 AM

Lavinia, how nice to see you back. smile I hope you are well.

Welcome back.

TIS

Ciao TIS!!! I'm passably well, thanks. How are you?
Love,Lavinia

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 10:01 AM

I'm here too.
From time to time.

Ciao JM, my dear friend! How are you doing?

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 10:05 AM

I thought posting here was a good habit.

Sure it was!!! I meant I need to resume some good habits just like posting here!!!

I'm sorry about your cats... I know how you must feel and can only suggest that you remember that you gave them a good home, and that is something that many cats (unfortunately) don't get..

Thank you SC, you are such a gentle-hearted person!!!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 10:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
LAVINIA!! Welcome back! Hope to see more of you, even though there's less of you!!!

yes, it's less of me but it's the best!!

Ciao SB, nice to see you, how are you?

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 10:08 AM

My God, Afs.....I'm terribly, terribly sorry for your loss. I totally understand how you feel.....Please, know that I'm here for you.

Hugs and love,
Lavi

Thanks dear. Back at you.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 10:10 AM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Hey Lav, are you still working by the Piazza Navona?

Ciao MaryCas, so good to see you!! yes, I'm still there. I'll greet the Piazza for you.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 10:51 AM

Oh, how nice to see you all! Hope you guys stick around and post some more. We could use some livening up around here.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: goodfellaoggie
Ei Blake! good to see the Old Timers. Hi Beth E how are you my friend?
GoodFella

Oggie, you ole Son of a biatch. Where you been hiding? I'm doing good. Stop being such a stranger.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 12:29 PM

Blake(what are you now 25? lolYou were just around 14/15 or so when you joined no?, Don Andrew, Just Me, Don Pappo how nice to see you all again. And, Goodfella...it's been forever. How are you? It's a cyber family reunion. grin

Nice to see you all.

TIS

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Beth E
Originally Posted By: goodfellaoggie
Ei Blake! good to see the Old Timers. Hi Beth E how are you my friend?
GoodFella

Oggie, you ole Son of a biatch. Where you been hiding? I'm doing good. Stop being such a stranger.

hi Beth! haha. hey Capo! wink
i'm doing good TIS. Thanks!

GoodFella

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 05:32 PM

Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
Enjoy the reunion, everybody !!!

Now if we could have a seeing everyone IN PERSON reunion.

It is so good to see all the MIA's back. I hope you can stick around.

Just Me, are you still nuts over Pacino? You still playing the piano?

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: afsaneh77

Hugs and love,
Lavi

Thanks dear. Back at you.

Sorry to hear of your loss Afs
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 06:37 PM

Great to see all these folks back again! Where's McCluskey's Veal--all-time best nom de board.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Where's McCluskey's Veal--all-time best nom de board.

My vote for best name goes to AppleOnYa.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 07:39 PM

I'm here too.
From time to time.

Ciao JM, my dear friend! How are you doing?

Well... Nothing new since my last e-mail. I'm getting on somehow. Hoping for a vacation in summer to rest finally.
And you?

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/13/09 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Mignon

Now if we could have a seeing everyone IN PERSON reunion.

It is so good to see all the MIA's back. I hope you can stick around.

Just Me, are you still nuts over Pacino? You still playing the piano?
Mig, isn't it all good, really?
Well, I'm too far away I guess, for a reunion in person. Pacino is charming. And I can't help playing the piano, that's the way I earn my bread...
And how are you doing?
Posted By: AngelaMarie

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 01:19 AM

Thanks to Fame for emailing me and I will try to stop by from time to time if I see an interesting thread. I've been going to facebook too much currently so I joined the gang here over there. Every so often I think about this place but I think I posted a lot of silly stuff.....possible annoying? anyway, thanks for the email/invite. ~ Angie

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By: ginaitaliangirl
Lovely idea, Fame, and very thoughtful of you!

Somehow I was involved in one of the comeback messages...haven't I been around enough? tongue wink

I do hope this inspires our old-timers to return and remain!

Thanks Gina! smile

Of course I got you involved in this - because I knew that if you post here, no one will hesitate to say hello smile

...yeah I used you, woman. Get over it. We men suck grin

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 01:23 AM

The last I heard he changed Naval bases. That was about 4 years ago.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 01:46 AM

Yea I remember when McClusky's Veal said he was joining the military. Damn it's been 4 years? eek Yea his was a great board name (very original).

I'm enjoying seeing these people pop in. Angela Marie, how are you? Nice to see you back too. Stick around a while.

TIS
Posted By: AngelaMarie

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 01:49 AM

I'm enjoying seeing these people pop in. Angela Marie, how are you? Nice to see you back too. Stick around a while.

TIS

awww thanks TIS. You are always so nice to talk to here!! Glad you are still here! Angie PS Hope you are doing well!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 02:06 AM

Lost two out of my three beloved cats, which broke my heart. Lost about 20 kilos, which made me very proud but very hungry as well.

Love,
Lavinia

Hi Lav, WB! smile

Sorry to hear about your cats. It's really painful to outlive our pets. Big hug from me and from Tigra (my dog), and all the best to the last remaining cat smile

And I understand that losing 20 kilos made you very hungry....so please feel free to ignore my posts in this forum....as I'm sure they only make you more hungry...and angry. (we both know what Fame means in italian...)

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 02:27 AM

Great job Fame clap

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: goombah
I still post, but not as much as I used to. I would be interested to hear from Rocky, who has not posted much in the past few years. He's from my neck of the woods. Krela, too, but she's had her hands full with at least one little one...

Rocky and Krlea were both included in the PM's. The only question is will they get it. With the emergence of Gmail, most people changed their email address....and I'm pretty sure more than half of those 80 members I wrote to didnt even get the PM. That's of course not to mention all the members who chose not to receive an email notification for every new PM.

But considering the people who have already posted here...then I think it was all worth it in the end.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 02:35 AM

I've seen Krlea on Facebook. I believe she is living in Washington now. Her hubby is still in the Navy and she has 3 kids. I haven't talked to her in a while.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 02:43 AM

Fantastic idea, Fame! Great job and I commend you for all your hard work.

It's always great to see the old-timers. Welcome back everyone.

Thanks DS! I'm sorry I havent been to the sport section lately, but I will surely visit and post this week....lots of sport to talk about...MLB, NBA, Soccer, Snooker, Tennis and even the glorious Kentucky Derby if anyone remembers...."and down the stretch they come"...see ya there, DS! cool

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 02:46 AM

Snooker??

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 02:50 AM

It's good to have you back Fame, you've brought a little life along with you. A lot of these "old timers" I don't know, and I look forward to getting to know them if they decide to stick around for awhile. smile
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 02:50 AM

What a joyous occasion this is!

To all of you that don't know me, I am Ian, (you can call me Santino)

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 02:57 AM

Ian/Santino Brasi is also known as Duece because Sicilian Babe is the original "SB".

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 03:02 AM

Indeed I am, you may also call me Deuce

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 03:03 AM

Or Deucy, as in "I love Lucy". grin

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 03:07 AM

Ian/Santino Brasi is also known as Duece because Sicilian Babe is the original "SB".

Actually, Saladbar is the original SB, Sicilian Babe would be Deuce.... I guess that makes Santino #3.

Of course I've been called an SB sometimes but everyone always separates those two letters with an "O". ohwell

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 03:08 AM

DAMMIT

so what, I am still Deuce, because... I don't know, I just am

SO SAYTH THE OFFICAL SOOTHSAYER

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 03:17 AM

I guess that makes Santino "Tre" or "Trey" or however you spell it.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 04:22 AM

How did you get my nickname and my status as "old timer"? Who "stood up" for me to propose my name in the "Comeback list"? Were you the one who stood up for me or someone else did it?

It`s good to see you again people! Now I tell you that Maradona is our Coach! hahaha!

lol Don Pappo, no one "stood up" for nobody, I just went over the user list and picked some names I remember. Your funny posts are exactly why I called you back. Also, we need a few more soccer fans around here. wink

P.S- If Maradona is god, and Pele is king....then what is Messi? grin

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 04:42 AM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
Free time is taken up by cooking, cleaning, doing the wash etc.

So MaryCas IS a woman, after all! grin

(to all the women here: RELAX! I was only kidding! grin

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 05:29 AM

Actually, Saladbar is the original SB, Sicilian Babe would be Deuce.... I guess that makes Santino #3.

Of course I've been called an SB sometimes but everyone always separates those two letters with an "O". ohwell

Saladbar is one word. Saladbar is S.

We've covered this before.

SB2 is Deuce. Deuce is Santino Brasiface.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 05:39 AM

Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
Nice hook, Fame! I always liked you, so couldn't resist the charming invitation!

Stop it right there, Apple, I'm starting to blush here grin

But yeah, I always liked you too.

I always say that you and Fathersson are the salt and pepper of this forum. Whenever things get dry, tasteless and boring...you two are always there to spice things up! grin

P.S I'm not sure who's the salt and who's the pepper tho, I'll just let you guys decide for yourselves....

Paprika, anyone?

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 05:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Daigo Mick Friend
Hello all,

See you down the road

Hey there Daigo!

So how many times have you seen "Diner" this year? wink

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 06:20 AM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
This is like watching "The Night of the Living Dead" or "Pet Semetary", but only happier. Fame, this thread has impressed me. You may be canonized.

It's nice to see such a turnout.

What you need to say is: Fame, our last victory over Magic last night has impressed me. The Green Machine should be canonized! wink

Do you swear to tell the Paul Pierce, the whole Paul Pierce and nothing but Paul Pierce?

I totally do grin

Thanx for all the kind words, klyd smile

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 06:40 AM

Everybody remember Mob? Haven't seen him in ages either. Maybe some of these people browse and will show up again.

TIS

MobbingForMoney? wrote him too. You never know who may turn up in this thread.

------

Afs - I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I know how hard it must be for you. While people die....the love never does. If she's looking down, then I bet she's damn proud of you! smile

------

Mig - thank you for the compliment!

De Niro - same thing!

Don Andrew, Patrick, AngelaMarie, Blake Peters - AWESOME seein you guys in here! cool

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 07:05 AM

My vote for best name goes to AppleOnYa.

I'll go with "Can't do it Sally"...always loved that username.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 07:23 AM

Snooker??

Yeah, Snooker. Classy game. Superb combination of talent and tactics. Watching John Higgins play is a privilege.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 07:45 AM

I kinda like "J Geoff", but maybe I'm biased. tongue

Thank you, Fame, and also thank you to all you ol' timers who've decided to drop in -- it's great seeing y'all! cool

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 04:13 PM

It's great to see everyone back! smile

Afs - so sorry to hear about your loss. My family has also had a recent loss as well and know what you're going through. Great to see you around and I hope for continued strength for you and your family.

Oggie, Lavinia, Patrick, JustMe, Blake, AngelaMarie, Don Andrew, Apple... all the old timers... Great to see you all back!

LDV, where are you?? wink
Posted By: Daigo Mick Friend

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Fame
Hello all,

See you down the road

Hey there Daigo!

Wow, I usually try to watch it around Christmas time, how ever did not get around to it this year.

I did finally see "The Sweet Smell of Sucess" which every Diner fan should see.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 04:21 PM

Thanks DS! I'm sorry I havent been to the sport section lately, but I will surely visit and post this week....lots of sport to talk about...MLB, NBA, Soccer, Snooker, Tennis and even the glorious Kentucky Derby if anyone remembers...."and down the stretch they come"...see ya there, DS! cool

Gosh, I need to spend more time outside of Sports if it's assumed that it's where people can find me (true, but still...). lol

Do I have to put on some SPF going into the other threads or what? wink

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 05:14 PM

How did you get my nickname and my status as "old timer"? Who "stood up" for me to propose my name in the "Comeback list"? Were you the one who stood up for me or someone else did it?

lol Don Pappo, no one "stood up" for nobody, I just went over the user list and picked some names I remember. Your funny posts are exactly why I called you back. Also, we need a few more soccer fans around here. wink

P.S- If Maradona is god, and Pele is king....then what is Messi? grin

Thank you Fame!!! And Messi would be some kind of Maradona`s succesor.....
Thank you for taking me back to it...

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 05:17 PM

It's great to see everyone back! smile

Afs - so sorry to hear about your loss. My family has also had a recent loss as well and know what you're going through. Great to see you around and I hope for continued strength for you and your family.

Oggie, Lavinia, Patrick, JustMe, Blake, AngelaMarie, Don Andrew, Apple... all the old timers... Great to see you all back!

LDV, where are you?? wink

Is Don Pappo included in those "old timers"???

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/14/09 06:37 PM

Is Don Pappo included in those "old timers"???

Hmmmm... Maradona yes... DPN - maybe. wink

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/15/09 01:10 AM

Did Zia get a PM Fame?

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/15/09 01:20 AM

Did Zia get a PM Fame?

Zia, of course. She is always so perky and friendly. I'd love to talk to her again. She's only a little north of me. We had often talked about meeting halfway, but that never came about.

I swear there are so many members here, it's hard to remember all of them. ohwell

TIS

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/15/09 02:07 AM

I checked a couple pages of the member list to refresh my memory. smile

Family Honour (one of my first friends here)
Pacino Princess
Don's Adviser (met him on my first trip to NY. Such a nice guy
Oh and remember Anton the Penguin?
Oh and of course Don Vercetti

I remember for quite a while we "all" thought Mary Cas was a woman...until he came out (so to speak). lol

TIS

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/15/09 02:41 AM

I'd love to see Family Honour come back... she was a very sweet lady.

I keep in touch with pacino princess on Facebook.... she's another sweetie.

Beth should get her sister to make an appearance. She was an early member here and a holdover from the old-old boards (the black background).
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/15/09 06:29 AM

Thanks for the PM Fame. Although I hadn't actually dissapeared. Granted I haven't been around all that often but I still popped my shiny little head in periodically. I'm alive and well, good looking and sexy as always and I've still retained my modesty.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/15/09 09:00 AM

Beth should get her sister to make an appearance. She was an early member here and a holdover from the old-old boards (the black background).

I have no such powers. She barely even answers emails. She joined facebook and I think made one post there. She's just away from cyber world now it seems.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/15/09 09:50 PM

I appreciate the PM, Fame! smile

I haven't disappeared completely. I peak my head in every now and then. I read more posts than I write nowadays, but every now and then I'll sneak a post in. Time is money, nowadays, as I'm sure you all understand. smile

After waiting a year to become a resident here in California, I'm starting back to school this summer. Just taking one class, and then going back full time in the Fall. I plan on majoring in criminal justice, but I'm not entirely sure what field I'll enter. Maybe something on organized crime? wink

Me and the girlfriend are doing great. We've hit a few bumps in the road since moving in together, but I think we've finally hit our stride. We're truly happy living together.

Life surely is more exciting on the West Coast, if for no other reason than the earthquakes and wildfires!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/15/09 10:00 PM

Good for you XDCX,glad all is well and great to see you post ..
Posted By: PastaPunk

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/16/09 02:27 AM

WOW I can't believe I actually remembered my password. Score! I only check my email once a week, and boy was I supprised to have recieved a message from someone NOT offering to help me make money from home! Thanks, Fame!

Great to see so many familiar names! (Beth I'll never forget you because everytime I'd see your name, I'd get that KISS song stuck in my head.)

I've abandoned other places over the years and check it out much later only to find it gone. Glad this board is still up and running! As for me, I've not done a damn thing with my life. But somehow, I've got a single grey hair... ohwell

... oh Beth what can I do?
Posted By: scarfacetm

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/16/09 02:29 AM

i've been around, de niro knows that because i caught up with him on FB recently i believe, i still come in time to time but i do get a bit busy.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/16/09 04:57 AM

Don Sicilia and Fame, thank you very much. You guys are so kind.

It is really great to see most of the old timers are posting here in this thread. Hello to all friends, old and new. smile

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/16/09 10:42 AM

Originally Posted By: scarfacetm
i've been around, de niro knows that because i caught up with him on FB recently i believe, i still come in time to time but i do get a bit busy.

Good to see you back mate..

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/16/09 02:44 PM

Pasta Punk,

How nice to see you again. How are you? smile Don't tell me....you're married with 3 kids? lol

Anyway, stick around a while.

TIS

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/17/09 10:36 AM

Wow it's great to see Pastapunk back. Sole grey hair? Don't worry about, I still remember the fiery red you had on you.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/17/09 12:36 PM

Nice to see some of the old faces, hope all is well with everyone. smile
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/17/09 02:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Turi Giuliano
Thanks for the PM Fame. Although I hadn't actually dissapeared. Granted I haven't been around all that often but I still popped my shiny little head in periodically. I'm alive and well, good looking and sexy as always and I've still retained my modesty.

Turi,we don't want to know where you have been popping your shiny, little head mate...... grin

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/18/09 06:44 PM

Wow! We can talk about a Family Reunion!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/24/09 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
Turi,we don't want to know where you have been popping your shiny, little head mate...... grin
lol lol lol Tru dat!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/24/09 12:27 PM

Snooker??
Yeah, Snooker. Classy game. Superb combination of talent and tactics. Watching John Higgins play is a privilege.
While I wouldn't disagree, a bigger privilege:

Posted By: bogey

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/24/09 08:13 PM

Hellllooooooo
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/24/09 08:59 PM

blah ..... blah ..... blah .....

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/25/09 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: bogey
Hellllooooooo

Bogey, are you still down in Morgantown? Wish we saw more of you!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/25/09 01:47 PM

Hellllooooooo

Welcome back..

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/25/09 02:22 PM

Bogey, how are you? Nice to see you back. smile

TIS
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/25/09 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Smitty
blah ..... blah ..... blah .....

WTF? confused

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/25/09 06:49 PM

Hellllooooooo

Peter!!

First Facebook and now here! cool

It's great to see everyone pop in - I hope y'all will check back in more often! smile

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/25/09 09:28 PM

Hello all,

See you down the road

Hey there Daigo!

Wow, I usually try to watch it around Christmas time, how ever did not get around to it this year.

I did finally see "The Sweet Smell of Sucess" which every Diner fan should see.

And what did you think of SSoS?

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/25/09 09:38 PM

Gosh, I need to spend more time outside of Sports if it's assumed that it's where people can find me (true, but still...). lol

Do I have to put on some SPF going into the other threads or what? wink

Haha, that reminds me how Plawrence used to kid around all the time that members who never visit the sport section have no idea who you are grin

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/25/09 09:51 PM

Did Zia get a PM Fame?

I wrote her before starting this thread....but no sign of life. Is she on Facebook? any members on Facebook that are no longer here?

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/25/09 10:13 PM

Turi you old nerd, you still owe me a game of chess grin

Bogz you old punk, how's your roommate doin? grin

XDCX you old log, still watching 24? wink

Pasta you young spirit...all the grey hair in the world cant make you old wink

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/26/09 12:47 AM

Hello everyone.. my laptop is still currently broken.. so I only get to get online when I go to my friends house and use hers. And even then I only really have time to check my myspace, facebook, or email.. so that's the best way to get ahold of me til I fix my computer or get a new one. I'm gonna switch up my email on here so that it'll get sent to the email account I usually check, as opposed to the yahoo one.

Lots has happened recently. I got married in October, I have a step-daughter. She's beautiful. 2 days before Valentines day my husband told me he wanted a divorce. Could be a record, 4 months, I think. I'm still technically married because his broke ass can't afford to file the papers and everything that needs to be done, and I'm not paying for it cuz it wasn't my idea, dammit.

Anywho, its been 3 months since that happened and it was hard at first, but I'm way better now. Its weird, but I'm half-glad it was ONLY 4 months, ya know? Any longer and this would be way harder. I moved out of the house and into my own place back in Morgantown. I got a new job where I've met tons of new people. I've got guys actually drooling over me for once, which never happened before. I go out more. I feel like a new Bogey. haha. The worst part of the divorce is that I won't be a step-mom anymore. I love that kid.

Other than that not much has happened in my life. Married, divorced, new job, same town, new Bogz. All in all, I think I'm a better, more mature person now. I'll try and check in more often.

And Fame, I learned my lesson. No more roommates tongue

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/26/09 01:04 AM

Bogey, so sorry to hear about your marriage, but hopefully the divorce will be quick and painless.

As for keeping in touch with your stepdaughter, go for it. Unless he's a total ass, I doubt he'll mind if you want to take her to a movie or for ice cream for a few hours.

I am glad to hear that you're happier now that you have been, and wish you all the best. It's good to hear from you.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/26/09 01:46 AM

She's only 19 months, so unfortunately the only time I get to see her is if I go to his house, and then I have to hang out with him as well. And I have to plan it weeks ahead of time. I'd love to just have her even just for a day though, but her mom won't ever let that happen. Her dad's been an ass lately, so I doubt he would either. But I'm not gonna quit trying, that baby was my everything for 4 months.

That's us at Christmas.. she's grown up a lot even since then.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/26/09 02:26 AM

She's a beauty. I don't blame you for feeling the way you do. And you look wonderful, too. Please keep in touch.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/26/09 02:47 AM

I'm sorry to hear the bad news Bogey frown , but it sounds like it will work out for the best. That guy sounds like he turned out to be an idiot.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/26/09 02:52 AM

You got a bad break, bogey, but I'm really happy to see that you're picking yourself up, dusting yourself off and getting on with your life. Kudos to you and good luck!!!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/26/09 05:58 AM

Oh, bogey, I'm so sorry to hear about your marriage! I hope you move on as quickly as possible. But then remember that nothing ever stays the same. If only I could remember that.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/26/09 06:38 AM

Thanks guys.. like I said, it crushed me 3 months ago, but I've just been going out and enjoying life and I've grown a lot and I think I'm a better, more out-going, awesome person to be around now. grin

(S)He who spends time regretting the past loses the present and risks the future.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/26/09 07:59 AM

What a jackass, Well, good thing you're not stuck with him.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 05/26/09 12:51 PM

Bogey,

I'm sorry for your divorce, but happy to see you back. I am glad to see you are picking yourself up. Divorce can be very emotionally draining. In the end, I'm guessing you'll look back and see it as the right thing. wink

TIS
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 06/07/09 05:29 AM

Bogey, it's so good to "see" you again - I missed you being around here! I'm sorry to hear about your difficult times, but it's great that things are picking up. Sounds like you have a good attitude about everything!
Posted By: Cristina's Way

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 09/21/09 06:31 PM

Hello.

I received a private message back on May 12/09 inviting me to post on this thread. I guess the forum administrators want to see if we "dormant" members of years gone by are still alive. wink

Well, four-and-a-half months later, and I finally got around to replying (anyone else procrastinate this much? blush) I joined in 2005 and posted enthusiastically back then. I think I might have a subconscious tendency to take a sabbatical from discussion forums because when one returns to them after a long absence, they seem fresh and new.

I think I'll go post something in the Godfather Trilogy group now...

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 09/21/09 08:37 PM

Cristina!! I am very, very happy to welcome you back. Your contributions to the different discussions here were a pleasure to read. Hope to see you around more often!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 09/21/09 09:00 PM

Welcome back to the BB. I hope you get to stay around.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 09/22/09 05:43 PM

I remember you,, welcome back
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 09/24/09 11:09 AM

I wasn't invited for this thread, but still I think I partly belong to the people who posted frequently a long time ago...:P

* The reason why I posted less was very clear for me. The 'Real Life Mafia' thread was becoming boring, not much info, and the Godfather part was already known. Most questions started repeating themselves. Hope this changes with new (old) input...:)
Posted By: Partagas

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 10/08/09 05:09 PM

Been busy and no time to go to GBB. Got a birthday greeting from the GBB and some members so thought I would pop on quickly.

Me -- busy with work and life

Son -- got married a year ago September

Daughter (my baby) started college

Wife -- still putting up with me

Grandfather???? Yep - in 5-6 weeks my first grandson will be arrive and I will be a grandpa!

Dogs -- Otis, Gus and Charlie are doing well. Gus has a tumor on his neck but not cancerous

Work -- still at American Stroke Foundation -- here are a couple of clips of our place and how we are making a difference in the lives of stroke survivors. I am in a couple of segments. As you will noticed gained weight since my last photos on GBB. BUT been losing since the bews segements in July and closer to my ideal weight.

Found a new coffee house to hang out at -- freshest coffee ever! They actually roast their own beans daily!

Sick on my birthday but gives me a legit excuse to take off early. GO MIZZOU and cardinals tonight!

Enjoy the clips and God Bless.

Posted By: Ice

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 10/08/09 11:42 PM

HaHa, what ever became of those two crazy love-birds Lavinia and Partagas!? Always dallying with each other all over the boards. wink

But that's a truly wonderful cause you help promote, Part. I'd like to offer assistance in my town but really can't afford to contribute financially right now. Anything I can do to help?

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 10/10/09 12:08 AM

Cristina - lovely seeing ya in here smile

M.M. Floors - I actually did write you, and just checked the PM - it says "M.M Floors has removed himself from this topic". Date says September 12. Maybe you just forgot about it. But who cares as long as you're here. Welcome back! cool

Partagas - sure is good to see you're still alive and kickin. Now tell us a joke grin

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 10/11/09 04:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Partagas

Dogs -- Otis, Gus and Charlie are doing well. Gus has a tumor on his neck but not cancerous

Wow is there something in the water around here or what?

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 10/11/09 04:42 PM

Turi, you're back. smile How are you feeling?

TIS

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 10/12/09 08:23 AM

M.M. Floors - I actually did write you, and just checked the PM - it says "M.M Floors has removed himself from this topic". Date says September 12. Maybe you just forgot about it. But who cares as long as you're here. Welcome back! cool

whistle You did. I remember it, but I didn't read it, I pushed the 'remove' button and deleted it automatically.... shhh

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 10/13/09 04:27 AM

No worries Floors, your secret is safe.

Anyways, back on topic...has any of the comeback royalties still around this palace....or was it all just a one big Hi-Bye ?

Guess I should rename this thread and call it "GBB's Ultimate one-night stand".

or "GBB's Night of the Living Dead".

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 10/13/09 09:57 AM

I'm posting everyday for the last two weeks...:P...but I still find the subjects a bit boring.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 10/18/09 11:38 PM

Originally Posted By: M.M. Floors
I'm posting everyday for the last two weeks...:P...but I still find the subjects a bit boring.

Keep it coming...but I have to say that it's not the subjects which matter...it's the people. Surely we all want interesting topics to discuss, but many times even the worst possible topics turn out to be wonderful threads because of the people who posted. They know how to make them interesting, and for that I'll give credit to many members here. That's why I'm still around. If the people are good, then the rest is just extra. You know you can have a list of great topics posted on another forum, but that wouldnt make the place any brighter if the people are shit.

Luckily, I'd say this place has some of the most wonderful people one may hope to encounter on the internet. This forum is gold....regardless of what's being discussed at the mo.

Hope you'll stick around Floors smile

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 11/13/09 07:05 AM

Friday will be the big day!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 11/14/09 10:44 AM

Because?

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 11/14/09 02:35 PM

Well it better be today (Saturday) -- I am tired of waiting!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 11/17/09 07:28 PM

Well it ended up being on Sunday!

Introducing Partagas III
November 15, 2009
2:16 am
7 pounds 7 onces
20 1/2 inches long

baby, mom & dad are doing great. Grandparents are exhausted! If I ever figure how to post a pic I will show you the little delight!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 11/17/09 07:30 PM

Congrats mate!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 11/17/09 08:52 PM

Congrats, Part!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 11/17/09 08:59 PM

Wow, Grandpa Partagas!

Congratulations!!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 11/17/09 09:18 PM

Congratulations Part!! Geez, I swear your son was just a middle schooler a couple years ago. Best of luck to the happy family. smile

TIS

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 11/17/09 10:20 PM

Congrats Part!! I am so happy for your family. Can't wait to see pic's of your Grandbaby.
Posted By: injektilo*

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 11/18/09 06:50 AM

now this thread is a blast from the past! TIS, turi, SC, MM Floors, Partagas, i remember these names!

hi all! smile

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 11/18/09 07:04 AM

7+ years... Anything new? lol

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 11/18/09 01:04 PM

Injektilo, I remember you. eek Gosh, you've been here way before me. How are you? Catch us up on the last 7 years. lol Nice to see you. I hope you stick around a while.

TIS

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 11/19/09 02:09 AM

Congratulations Part!! Geez, I swear your son was just a middle schooler a couple years ago. Best of luck to the happy family. smile
TIS

Gosh. It really does seem like yesterday we were discussing his son's teenage antics. Congrats to both Part and Mary Cas - two first-time grandfathers in the same month. What are the odds of that?!? (cue Don Sicilia)

...And welcome back to injektilo. Make yourself at home again, just don't open any closets or look under any rugs. wink

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 11/19/09 02:26 AM

When I was new here, for some reason, I'd get Turi and Injektilo mixed up. Looking at both their taste in avators, I guess I can see why. They'd probably hit it off. lol

TIS
Posted By: injektilo*

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 11/19/09 02:35 AM

thanks guys! smile

what ever happened to camillus don? did he ever break his 5000 posts? i remember when he was closing in on it and he never posted again after his 5000th post. now i see irishman12 has 50k+ posts. wow!

and yes, i remember those days before TIS joined the forums. all 18 days of it. wink

7+ years... Anything new? lol

nope, not really. i just checked and it was (almost) 2 years ago when i last checked in. then i said:

Got married
Bought and sold my first house
Bought my second house
Bought four cars (though not all at once!) - i sold my car, so we only have one car between us now. frown
Changed jobs four 5 times (Though all in the same company) i am at a new company now. different industry (it security)
Joined two three other forums and left one of them

not a lot else i guess. i've just celebrated 4 years of marriage, this new business we have started is going well, it's almost christmas! wink

i like the 'what we look like' forum. it was great to cruise through and check out the familiar faces!

When I was new here, for some reason, I'd get Turi and Injektilo mixed up. Looking at both their taste in avators, I guess I can see why. They'd probably hit it off. lol

actually i kept in contact with turi for a while after i left the forums as i recall. i've sent him (and la dolce vita) a pm to say hi!

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 11/19/09 02:47 AM

Posted by Injektilo:

and yes, i remember those days before TIS joined the forums. all 18 days of it. wink

Ha ha...just 18 days hu? I was thinking you were here a year before me. See, now you're the older-timer than me, by 18 days. lol

Happy 4th anniversary. I sounds like you've had a lot of personal activity in your life. That's what it takes to find your niche in life---changes. It is nice to see you back.

TIS
Posted By: klydon1

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 11/19/09 07:22 PM

Congratulations, partagas.

In a couple of years you can take the little guy on another "hobo ride" on the boxcars. I wish you a lot of happiness.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 11/19/09 09:54 PM

Congrats Part..
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 02/16/10 04:17 PM

WELL HELLO- FAMILY!

missed you all so much. recently, my little brother watched the godfather trilogy- after years and years of hearing me talk about it and knowing that it was so embedded in my SOUL! he finally gets it, he even cried! just wanted to say, there's nothing in the world like sharing the experience of the GF films with someone and seeing their reaction- and it really reminded me of this board, where i used to come and hang out with people who loved it just as much as i do.

wink
pp

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 02/16/10 04:24 PM

Well if it isn't PP. How nice to see you back my dear. wink How are you? Now, don't tell me you're married with 3 kids??? lol

Seriously, I am glad to see you back. Stick around, or at least check in from time time, a little more often. I do hope all is well with you.

TIS

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 02/16/10 05:01 PM

Ahh, there's pp! smile

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 02/18/10 12:19 PM

Hello pp! Somehow this topic is working very well!

Hope you stay around and put some interesting topics/posts on the forum. It's a bit boring. Maybe I have to see the movies again just to get some spirit for interesting posts.

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 02/19/10 04:27 PM

my darling TIS. i missed you, too. i still have that cannoli recipe you emailed me once. no way do i have kids. i'm still going to school (got into American U, which was a big thing for me) and i'm working as a producer for the news,i'm still with my parentals and my little brother (who's now 19, so he's much closer in age to me, and my very BEST friend)just trying to be happy and healthy. how is everything with you?

-pp

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 02/19/10 04:28 PM

hey MM!
i shall make an honest effort to be actively posting from now on smile

-pp

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 02/19/10 05:21 PM

Originally Posted By: pacino princess
...my little brother (who's now 19, so he's much closer in age to me,...)

How on earth did he get closer in age to you?? lol

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 02/19/10 05:32 PM

he growed.

-pp

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 02/19/10 11:46 PM

I love cottage cheese lol

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 03/01/10 03:51 PM

Wb, pp! I really like yur 'fashion blog', btw.
Suit seperates are definitely the future of men's wear! haha

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 03/04/10 03:20 PM

oh my GOD, you read my blog!? haha, thanks ICE, you're awesome!

pp

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 03/04/10 03:41 PM

PP,

You have a blog?????

Let's see. wink

TIS

Re: GBB Ultimate Comeback - 03/04/10 03:46 PM

hi TIS! yes, i do, it's my salvation.

homairajaan.tumblr.com

wink