Home

The C Word. (Warning explicit thread)

Posted By: whisper

The C Word. (Warning explicit thread) - 01/08/09 06:19 PM

I've got female friends who flip out very badly when the C word is said. The I have female friends who say it every second word.

It's meant to be known as the worst swear word.

The thing is, In Australia, It's as common as saying shit or fuck etc.

Example of a conversation with my friend.

"Hey man, what are you up to tonight [BadWord]?
"Not much, probably going to be a lazy [BadWord] and hang with the girlfriend.

No kidding. That's how a lot of us talk Down here. It comes off as very uneducated, But it's so common now in the younger generation.

So what I'm asking is, how offensive do you find this word?

Does it have no effect on you. Or do get offended easily by it? Is it the worst swear word you think?

Yes, I'm bored.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 06:31 PM

The C-Word is like the N-Word... depends on its context, and to whom and how you're saying it.

There's a difference between calling your buddy/mate a bloody [BadWord] when fooling around, versus screaming "You are a fucking [BadWord]!" to a woman.

It's one of my favorite words, but I never use it in polite company or in public. And I never get angry enough to scream it at someone to their face. But my best friend? He's a [BadWord] and knows it. grin

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 06:37 PM

It's funny, when I hear Americans say [BadWord], it sounds weird to me as opposed to us Aussies or the English who use regularly. When Americans say it, It sounds so much worse.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 07:05 PM

I despise the word. I think it's crass, vulgar, misogynistic and demeaning. I do understand what you both have said about context, but I think that anyone who uses it that easily WILL use it to refer to a woman, even if it's not "to their face".

And WHY you would call anyone a "Canadian" is beyond me!

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 07:09 PM

hahahaha!!!

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 07:20 PM

OK, the first paragraph I actually meant. To me, it's a relaxing of ideals to use that word, or any other word like it. Geoff mentioned the "N" word and how it's all a matter of context. To me, using it in any context defeats the battles that people fought so that the word became unacceptable in general society. Do you know what I mean? Their use diminishes the strides that were made by those before us. There were days when it was commonplace to refer to others in a demeaning way - whether you used the N word, the C word, "the little woman", no matter.

We have fought many fights so that we are hopefully ALL perceived as human FIRST, and then by race, gender or creed. To use those words takes us backwards.

That's my feeling, at least. Maybe I'm in the minority, but that's what I feel.

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 07:24 PM

I hear ya , SB.

I knew you were serious. I was just laughing at the joke at the end.

Down here, [BadWord] is actually used as a term of endearment in some cases.

Yes, that's how screwed up we are.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
I despise the word. I think it's crass, vulgar, misogynistic and demeaning. I do understand what you both have said about context, but I think that anyone who uses it that easily WILL use it to refer to a woman, even if it's not "to their face".

And WHY you would call anyone a "Canadian" is beyond me!

That pretty much sums up my feelings too. I hate the f-word too, but last few years find myself freely using it. Still don't like it though. I will take a guess that most women DON'T use the "C" word and actually hate it. Imagine, being called a "Candadian." tongue

TIS

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 07:37 PM

Whisper, I remember there was a very big blow-up on this board when a former member called me the C Word. I remember that Bogey and I shared our thoughts on it, and she didn't feel the way I did at all.

Perhaps it's generational. I know that my daughter finds it very offensive, but that might be after listening to me all these years.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 08:11 PM

I use it freely

Quote:
We have fought many fights so that we are hopefully ALL perceived as human FIRST, and then by race, gender or creed. To use those words takes us backwards.

I think putting so much meaning behind the word counteracts that purpose.

For instance, I can call someone on here a wop, he can call me a mick and we can laugh about it. I can call whisper a [BadWord] and he can laugh while I wonder if he understands what it means. You see, if we all stop being so offended at everything and just laugh at the idea then it doesn't matter anymore. It becomes non-offensive and useless as a weapon against others.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 08:12 PM

I called a girl a [BadWord] several times to her face a few months back, very aggressively. It had the desired effect. If she hadn't acted like a [BadWord] I'd have had no reason to call her one. If someone's a bastard, you call them a bastard.

One of my dialogue exchanges in The Sopranos:

Christopher: "Right now we're just two guys lost in the fuckin' woods."
Paulie: "We're not lost. Stop gettin' c_nty."

lol

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Longneck
You see, if we all stop being so offended at everything and just laugh at the idea then it doesn't matter anymore. It becomes non-offensive and useless as a weapon against others.
This is certainly true, though I still agree with JG that it depends on the context - who's saying it, who they're saying it to, the context of the sentence and the tone in which it is said.

Take "queer", for example. It was never used to connote homosexuals, but then when it starts to become derogatory and widely used, the "homosexual community" adopted it and wore it like a badge. Gay Pride and all that. It's no longer a weapon.

Still, I see gay intellectuals are in no rush to adopt "F_ggot theory".

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 08:48 PM

[BadWord] has no detrimental effect at all in Aus.

It is used that often, we often forget it's a curse word/Derogatory term to a Woman etc.

I mean all the girls I'm with in the bedroom love screaming out " F*Ck My [BadWord]"

I think we're just messed up.

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 08:50 PM

I even remember once the teacher at school flipped out and yelled "Shut up you annoying [BadWord].

haha.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 09:03 PM

The c-word is is very disgusting. And TIS, I don't like the f-word either but I have been using it alot these past few f'n months. blush
Posted By: SC

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 09:41 PM

I very RARELY use the "c" word in mixed company. VERY RARELY. ALMOST NEVER. But put me in a group of guys and it becomes a regular part of my vocabulary. ohwell
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 09:57 PM

Depending on the woman, the "C Word" can sure be a show stopper during an argument. wink

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 09:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
Depending on the woman, the "C Word" can sure be a show stopper during an argument.

Could be. I tried that once and the gal punched me out. End of argument.

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 10:01 PM

hahaha

When I would fight with my X, she would call me a [BadWord] just as much as I'd call her one.

Then we'd make up and it would be like "I'm sorry, you know I love you [BadWord]"

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 10:15 PM

I think that anyone who uses it that easily WILL use it to refer to a woman, even if it's not "to their face".

I can only speak for myself here, but -- at least in my case -- I totally disagree with this.

There is absolutely no word off limits to me -- but at the same time, there's a time and place for everything. When I'm with my buddies, that's the time and place. lol But when I'm, say, with my family, I don't dare curse at all -- not even a "crap" or "shit" or "ass" or "hell" outta me! And I don't even ever slip, either. Luckily! grin

But if someone cuts me off and almost causes an accident, you will certainly hear every and any word at my disposal -- but they'll never hear it (unless they can read lips wink ). Whether it's a man or a woman, they can be a C-Word. wink I otherwise never yell at anyone, nor call anyone names out of anger. Ever. I use the worst words playfully, with my friends. And only call people names with my "bestest" of best friends who know I'm just playing. wink

Words can hurt. That's why I never use them in a hurtful/angry way.
Posted By: Lompac

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 10:46 PM

The C word is used by me in a derogatory sense. It emblemises the visuals of a females private parts when used in a curse, hence the "secretive" violation of a woman.

If this was a crime, I would be up at least 30 counts of indecency.

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Words can hurt. That's why I never use them in a hurtful/angry way.

Posted By: Lilo

Re: The C Word. (Warning explicit thread) - 01/08/09 11:09 PM

It's always interested me how in Australia or other English speaking countries certain words can be used VERY differently than they are in the US.

Ultimately words are just words of course but the "c-word" is widely considered to be the most offensive thing you could call a woman in the US-at least in the parts of the US I've been in. You call someone that and at the very least there will be some very hard feelings...

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
I very RARELY use the "c" word in mixed company. VERY RARELY. ALMOST NEVER. But put me in a group of guys and it becomes a regular part of my vocabulary. ohwell

Do I need to get a c-word detecter for the guy's thread?

Re: The C Word. - 01/08/09 11:33 PM

Depending on the woman, the "C Word" can sure be a show stopper during an argument.

Could be. I tried that once and the gal punched me out. End of argument.

Years ago, I used it in an argument with my Puerto Rican girlfriend. The next thing I knew, her shoes were bouncing off my forehead.

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 12:47 AM

C-Word, F-Word, N-Word, This-word, That-word... the sexiest of them all is:
Click to reveal..
grin
Posted By: klydon1

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 12:51 AM

The use of this term towards a woman demeans the person saying it more than the woman at whom the insult is hurled.
Posted By: olivant

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 01:07 AM

Why would anyone swear? I don't. My father and mother never did either. I'm surprised at some of you stating that certain swear words can be excused if used in a certain context. Swearing is an expression of weakness and it reflects on your upbringing. I realize that some of you may have been brought up in a trashy household, but I think you would have matured and eschewed swear words.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 01:15 AM

You know what I just noticed? We all have our opinions of this "C" word and swearing in general. Yet, it's a pretty hot topic today. Look at the General Discussion page here. Aside from a post I made (which I think is pretty scary) on th WTF is up with the economy thread, that's all that's been talked about all afternoon. lol

TIS

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 01:16 AM

My parents were bad parents, and I'm weak, because I choose to swear with my friends?? uhwhat

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 01:19 AM

BTW, the company you keep CAN contribute to your language (among other things). For instance, I may cringe at the grammar used by some of my friends -- and egads, sometimes it slips out of my mouth because I'm surrounded by it so much! Cursing, too... look what we did to TIS!!!! whistle eek lol

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: olivant
Why would anyone swear? I don't. My father and mother never did either. I'm surprised at some of you stating that certain swear words can be excused if used in a certain context. Swearing is an expression of weakness and it reflects on your upbringing. I realize that some of you may have been brought up in a trashy household, but I think you would have matured and eschewed swear words.

Sorry. We all can't be perfect, and come from non-trashy homes like you.

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 01:46 AM

Fuck you and your holier than thou bullshit!

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 01:50 AM

Fuck you and your holier than thou bullshit!

Thank you for saying what I really wanted to say. smile

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 01:53 AM

Thank you for saying what I really wanted to say. smile

I figure Geoff won't ban me. Maybe just a warning. ohwell
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 01:53 AM

How loud do I have to yell for olivant to hear me all the way up there on his FOCKIN pedestal?

And why did I see the image of Major Winchester from M*A*S*H in my head as I was reading Olivant's post? Gentlemen..

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 02:04 AM

There are "curses", like fuck or shit. Yes, we probably shouldn't use them as often as we do, but we do.

However, there are words that are used to describe a group of people, whether by race or creed or gender, that are demeaning. They are not "swear words" or "curses". Those are the kind of words that I personally have a problem with.

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 02:06 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but this sounds like a lot of fuckin' bullshit to me.

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 03:06 AM

Get off your fuckin high horse Oli!

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 03:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Mignon

Uh oh, Mama Mig's (fuckin) mad. She's gonna eat her Spaghetti-O's and get beefed up like Popeye after he eats his spinach and then the real trouble starts!

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 04:15 AM

I never expected a thread about the word [BadWord] would be contributed to so much. Bringing out the [BadWord] in everyone.

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 04:27 AM

Originally Posted By: whisper
Bringing out the [BadWord] in everyone.

Questioning my parents' skills of child-rearing always brings out the bad side of me.

Pretending that one is better than everyone else always brings out the bad side of me.

Can you fucking dig it?

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 04:42 AM

haha
Indeed I dig.

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 05:05 AM

Can you fucking dig it?

I can dig it.

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 05:07 AM

CAAANNN YYOOOOUUUUUU DDDIIIGGG IIIITTTT!!!!!!

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 05:10 AM

I love that silly movie. wink
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 11:06 AM

The C-Word is like the N-Word...

What's the N-word? ohwell
Posted By: Lompac

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 01:12 PM

The N word is.......

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Enzo Scifo

It's the R-Word, with one less syllable, but substitute the "A" with an "E" so that it rhymes with the L-Word if you remove the second dipthong and treat the T as silent.

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1

It's the R-Word, with one less syllable, but substitute the "A" with an "E" so that it rhymes with the L-Word if you remove the second dipthong and treat the T as silent.

clap

This thread is turning into a crossword puzzle.

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 02:16 PM

I love a man who knows his way around a dipthong.

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 02:21 PM

SB, that's not the same as a man who dips his thong.

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 02:41 PM

wink

When I'm in a subjunctive mood, I have been known to dangle a participle.

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 09:08 PM

My favourite Curb Your Enthusiasm moment (playing poker):

"What a c_nt! What a C_NT!"

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 09:08 PM

^^^ Larry David betraying his trashy upbringing.

lol
Posted By: goombah

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 09:26 PM

They do drop the "C" word on Curb from time to time. I love the episode you referenced, Capo. I also loved the one with the chef who has turrets started swearing and everyone else joined in. Jeff's wife Suzy called Larry's wife a "car wash c---." It was in reference to an earlier scene and quite hilarious. lol

CYE

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 09:40 PM

Can some goddamn C^nt now please tell me what the f*cking N-word is?
Posted By: Ice

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 09:52 PM

My parents both used curse words and still do. I do also, but only out of habit and rarely, rarely, rarely will I use them in the presence of others -- especially women.

I was never one for "guy talk," you know, sitting around seeing who can fart the loudest and make the best [BadWord] jokes. It was never my style and I hope my children follow my lead.

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 09:53 PM

Hey... you're showing poor upbringing.

The "N" word relates to a racial term used derogatorily against blacks.

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 10:57 PM

Then what's the L word?

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 11:01 PM

Then what's the L word?

N minus two.

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 11:47 PM

That's what I already thought. smile But I didn't dare to write it out, because I might have showed really poor upbringing.

The N-word is not thought of as derogatory in my region, in the capital of the country however (65 miles away) it is. Quite funny.

Re: The C Word. - 01/09/09 11:50 PM

Btw do you know what the Y-word is???

Click to reveal..
YOUR FACE!!!

Re: The C Word. - 01/10/09 02:12 AM

Then what's the L word?

It's a TV program tongue

Re: The C Word. - 01/10/09 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Mignon

Uh oh, Mama Mig's (fuckin) mad. She's gonna eat her Spaghetti-O's and get beefed up like Popeye after he eats his spinach and then the real trouble starts!

Be afraid! Be very afraid!
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: The C Word. - 01/10/09 04:54 AM

I'm really late on the seriousness of the conversation, as it's become very funny (as it should) but I don't say the C word only because I don't like the sound of it. The harsh C and T make the sound of the word ugly. But I don't get offended when others say it.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: The C Word. - 01/10/09 04:59 PM

on't........ it reflects on your upbringing. I realize that some of you may have been brought up in a trashy household,

This from someone who once stated, in a past topic discussing Bikini Areas and some of the woman here getting bikini waxes,.........

With five daughters, I have some experience with such things. Girls have to be concerned about "things" in that area because of hygiene, etc.......

Should we imply, because of a statement like that, that you were brought up in a trashy household?!? That a statement like that reflects a questionable upbringing?!?! That your parents did a horrible job in teaching you proper from improper because now being a parent yourself, you've made yourself experienced with your daughter's feminine practices?

That would not be a fair accusation to make of you or your parents. It wouldn't be a fair assessment of your upbringing. It wouldn't be respectful to indicate by your statement that you live in a trashy household or that you were not brought up the right way by your parents.

olivant, don't know what's gotten into you lately, and I am not trying to start an "attack olivant" thread here, but it's been quite obvious and clear by many of your replies lately that you've been extremely arrogant, judgemental and outright rude to many here on the boards. Your replies really have reflected a "holier than thou" attitude. They've reflected an " I'm smarter and more educated than you" attitide.

Perhaps you don't mean it. Perhaps you don't realize it. Maybe you really need to choose your words more carefully, stop generalizing and show a bit more respect towards others.

Or perhaps you do mean it and you really do believe that you are smarter than everyone else here. And if this is the case than I really feel sorry for you.

As for the topic originally being discussed, I personally despise BOTH the C word and the N word.

Posted By: Ice

Re: The C Word. - 01/10/09 05:50 PM

I don't think oli's comment was meant to offend. That's how he feels, and it's refreshing to know that there are actually those out there today who still feel that way.

That said, while I agree with MOST of what he said, I'd probably just keep my mouth shut so as not to offend. But that's me.
Posted By: pfaff_luhver

Re: The C Word. (Warning explicit thread) - 01/17/09 10:46 PM

[BadWord]. my favorite cuss word next to FUCK and SHIT.
Posted By: pfaff_luhver

Re: The C Word. (Warning explicit thread) - 01/17/09 10:47 PM

I only call assholes C*nt.

Re: The C Word. (Warning explicit thread) - 01/18/09 12:38 AM

I used the word cun'trollers office for my school recently

Re: The C Word. (Warning explicit thread) - 01/18/09 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: pfaff_luhver
I only call assholes C*nt.
It's a good job you're asexual, then.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET