Home

Your Dream Cars

Posted By: Santino Brasi

Your Dream Cars - 08/07/08 07:17 AM

I decided to take a crack at these discussion topics

what are your dream car(s) post pics if you can also be sure to say the year, make and model

here are mine

1934 Rolls Royce 20/25

1936 Buick Coupe

1936 Chrysler Airstream

1938 McLaughlin Buick

1939 Buick Special

1939 Dodge Luxury Liner

1939 Rolls Royce

1940 Chrysler Windsor

1940 Packard Sedan

1941 Lincoln Continental
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: Your Dream Cars - 08/07/08 07:17 AM

my dream cars (cont.)

1947 Chrysler New Yorker

1947 Ford Super Deluxe
Posted By: olivant

Re: Your Dream Cars - 08/07/08 03:22 PM

Back in the 80s, I had a 1965 Chrysler Imperial that I bought from a friend. God, sometimes I wanted to sleep in that car. Even at 9 miles per gallon I was in heaven. I would only take it out occasionally though. I miss it.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Your Dream Cars - 08/07/08 03:26 PM

1958 Corvette

1964 1/2 Mustang

Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Your Dream Cars - 08/07/08 04:47 PM

Pleased to say that I own my dream car: a 2000 BMW M5. smile If I could add to my collection, I'd add:

'32 Duesenberg SJ Dual Cowl Phaeton.
'62 Ferrari GTO.
'58 Chrysler 300C ragtop.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Your Dream Cars - 08/08/08 12:42 PM

I admit that I don't know a lot about cars. My only criteria is that it's a compact and it's a "pretty" color. lol

However, my ex was into classic cars and I really like the looks of many of the models. Some that we had owned in the past: 37 Ford, 41 Studebaker, 58 T-Bird, and a 50 something Cadillac. Although not classic at the time, but I believe now is a 69/70 AAR Barracuda (limited edition) which was our honeymoon car. I'd hate to think of how NOW it would be a real gas hog. I think it got something like 10 miles to a gallon. eek I Don't have time to look up pics or I'd post.

Anyway, it was so much fun cruising around in these cars, the 37 Ford especially. I know nothing about engines, but man, you open the hood of that car and the motor looks sooooo uncomplicated. lol

TIS
Posted By: olivant

Re: Your Dream Cars - 08/08/08 03:57 PM

My brother in law restored two 55 chvy's. One was a convertible and both were red and that light cream color. Beautiful.

By the way, do any of you older Board members remember when it was getting near the end of summer and the new cars were about to come out. Do you remember like I do moving heaven and earth trying to find out what the new cars were going to look like? I remember searching magazines like crazy trying to get a glimpse of them. But that was in the days when a car's design was really something to excite a kid. Do kids do that anymore?
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: Your Dream Cars - 08/08/08 05:22 PM

I forgot one:

1970 Chevy Nova SS (the DEATH PROOF car)

Re: Your Dream Cars - 08/08/08 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
By the way, do any of you older Board members remember when it was getting near the end of summer and the new cars were about to come out. Do you remember like I do moving heaven and earth trying to find out what the new cars were going to look like? I remember searching magazines like crazy trying to get a glimpse of them. But that was in the days when a car's design was really something to excite a kid. Do kids do that anymore?

Yes, I do remember that very well. The TV commercials and print ads would say stuff like, "Coming Octobe 2: the greatest Ford ever"; or "Plymouth: Suddenly it's 1960." You'd get all leaped up, trying to peek through the soaped-up windows of the car dealerships. If the carmaker sponsored a TV show (like Lincoln/Mercury for Ed Sullivan, or Buick for Milton Berle), you'd make sure to tune in to see the new cars on display.

Today nobody notices because there's nothing to notice.
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Your Dream Cars - 08/08/08 06:46 PM

Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Your Dream Cars - 08/10/08 12:40 AM

My dream car would be solar/battery powered; quiet as the night on a mountain top in the Adirondacks. A very comfortable seat with plenty of leg room, a moon roof, a great sound system with ipod inputs and CD player, a GPS, a nice cup-holder and AC. Also a trunk that would fit my golf clubs or fishing pole and a bike rack. It probably wouldn't be much to look at, but it would be practical, functional, economical and environment-friendly. smile
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Your Dream Cars - 08/11/08 10:54 PM

The well known driver:

Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Your Dream Cars - 08/11/08 11:12 PM

I normally don't post personal photos, but this is a really cool thread. This here is my baby. She's my Florida car. A 1976 Eldorado convertible. She only has 34,000 miles on her. The background is the Intracoastal waterway in Delray Beach; just a stone's throw from my condo down there.

Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Your Dream Cars - 08/12/08 02:34 AM

Lamborghini Reventon

1977 Pontiac Firebird Trams Am

Pontiac G8

1971 Dodge Charger

2010 Chevrolet Camaro

1990 Cadillac Deville

Cadillac DTS

Re: Your Dream Cars - 08/12/08 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I normally don't post personal photos, but this is a really cool thread. This here is my baby. She's my Florida car. A 1976 Eldorado convertible. She only has 34,000 miles on her. The background is the Intracoastal waterway in Delray Beach; just a stone's throw from my condo down there.

Nice, PB! If memory serves, that was the last American ragtop for quite a while, and it had the 501 cubic inch V8. After that, Cadillac became a compact car (Cimarron) sick
Posted By: Double-J

Re: Your Dream Cars - 08/13/08 02:06 PM

I would really enjoy restoring a Stingray Corvette ala Rush Hour.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET