Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Monsters - 07/05/08 07:42 PM

Any in your closet? Or anywhere else?
Posted By: olivant

Re: Monsters - 07/05/08 07:43 PM

Under my bed and in my head.
Posted By: MiniMafiaBoss

Re: Monsters - 07/05/08 07:54 PM

Talking of monsters, how do people fare on the subject of the Loch Ness one?
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Monsters - 07/05/08 08:29 PM

Do Mother in laws count?
Posted By: olivant

Re: Monsters - 07/05/08 09:17 PM

Originally Posted By: MiniMafiaBoss
Talking of monsters, how do people fare on the subject of the Loch Ness one?

Just like UFOs: let's see it.
Posted By: svsg

Re: Monsters - 07/05/08 11:03 PM

I have a pet monster. She is so cute.

Re: Monsters - 07/06/08 10:37 AM

Actually in the 1970's, they thought that they got the Loch Ness Monster, but it was only a dead elephant seal that had been dumped.

But the Scots went mental, saying that Nessie musn't leave Scotland and that it belongs to them. Roadblocks were even set up!

If I have to prove the existance of Nessie, then I would need a lot of money, a crew of people, a massive truck and a lot of paitence. Then there's the issue of smuggling it out of Scotland!
Posted By: svsg

Re: Monsters - 07/06/08 02:39 PM

then I would need a lot of money, a crew of people, a massive truck and a lot of paitence.

lol

Re: Monsters - 07/06/08 02:59 PM

Other people have done it this way too and have found nothing. Its called an EXPEDITION and they always cost thousands upon thousands.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Monsters - 07/06/08 03:52 PM

I heard a story from China where the people were freaking out over a monster living in a lake, similar to Loch Ness, so the government drained the entire lake to prove there was nothing there and to stop the panicking.

Re: Monsters - 07/06/08 03:54 PM

The Chinese are afraid of a lot of things, one being ghosts. I'll put this post in the Ghosts one.
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Monsters - 07/06/08 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
I heard a story from China where the people were freaking out over a monster living in a lake, similar to Loch Ness, so the government drained the entire lake to prove there was nothing there and to stop the panicking.

I'm telling you man, the Chinese are years ahead of us.

Re: Monsters - 07/06/08 08:50 PM

China years ahead? Their economy isn't!!

Re: Monsters - 07/06/08 09:04 PM

China years ahead? Their economy isn't!!

No, I'm serious. They're years a head; they know definitions to all sorts of words like "sardonic" and "ironic."

Re: Monsters - 07/06/08 09:05 PM

I'm not quite sure what those words mean.

Re: Monsters - 07/06/08 09:08 PM

They mean, "of utmost seriousness, truth, and fact."

Re: Monsters - 07/06/08 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
utmost seriousness, truth, and fact.

Ah, that's why they were battering the Tibet protestors.

And, why they have a one child per family rule.

Re: Monsters - 07/06/08 09:16 PM

Neither of those examples have anything to do with any of those three words. That just pertains to an over-the-top, strict, and outdated government.

Wait; you do know the definitions to "serious," "truth," and "fact," don't you? confused

Re: Monsters - 07/06/08 09:21 PM

No really, no!
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Monsters - 07/06/08 09:47 PM

The Chinese are afraid of a lot of things, one being ghosts. I'll put this post in the Ghosts one.
My god, you're a genius.

Re: Monsters - 07/07/08 11:48 AM

Next time I won't bother.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Monsters - 07/08/08 01:22 AM

Gee Blib, you started this post and I'm not sure what you expected, but I'm would guess it wasn't the posts you got.

Monsters - when I was a kid, monster movies and war movies were my favorite. Dinosaur movies fit in the monster category. I was always afraid that I had a monster in my closet or under my bed. I used to have that secret air hole in my blankets that monsters could not detect.

I loved/feared all the Dracula, Frankenstein and Japanese monster movies (the early ones, like Rodan and Godzilla). Wow, they really affected my sleeping patterns when I was a kid.

I was a big fan of King Kong (1933), Mighty Joe Young and those campy monster movies of the 1950s; like Creature of the Black Lagoon and It Came From Beneath the Sea. And then there was the classic Jules Verne, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea.
Posted By: SC

Re: Monsters - 07/08/08 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
I loved/feared all the Dracula, Frankenstein and Japanese monster movies (the early ones, like Rodan and Godzilla). Wow, they really affected my sleeping patterns when I was a kid.

I was a big fan of King Kong (1933), Mighty Joe Young and those campy monster movies of the 1950s; like Creature of the Black Lagoon and It Came From Beneath the Sea. And then there was the classic Jules Verne, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea.

Don't forget "The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms". Besides having better than average FX (for that time) it actually had a decent storyline.

One that I don't see/hear about much is "Gorgo", a British made monster flick from the early 60's. It was about some guys who caught this huge pre-historic monster and brought it back to London as a circus-like attraction. They soon realized that this monster was only a baby and his mother was coming and looking for him. eek
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET