Home

Italian slang

Posted By: marco's lover

Italian slang - 06/19/08 09:28 PM

Long, long time ago, I found Italian slang here and I had it in a file on my computer. You won't believe it, but pc died on me and I can't find a copy of it anywhere.

I tried to google it, but it on google it isn't that *interesting*. It doesn't have the phrases and examples.

Can someone help me out?
Thank you!
ML
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Italian slang - 06/19/08 11:01 PM

Are you talking about the naughty words? wink
Posted By: marco's lover

Re: Italian slang - 06/20/08 07:39 AM

Yes. Thank you! You are a lifesaver.
:o)
ML

Re: Italian slang - 06/20/08 08:10 AM

It's always nice to save a life by posting a link... Where's my Sainthood?? ohwell wink
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Italian slang - 06/20/08 11:34 AM

Saint Cabana Boy. People will wear thongs on your feast day.

Re: Italian slang - 06/20/08 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Saint Cabana Boy. People will wear thongs on your feast day.

...can I at least choose who does ...and doesn't?? lol
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Italian slang - 06/20/08 01:06 PM

I gotta say, I have only heard of a few of these words. How interesting though Geoff, that you seem to have this list right at your fingertips. lol wink

Speaking of thongs, did you hear about the lady who is suing Victoria Secrets over a thong that injured her?

TIS

Re: Italian slang - 06/20/08 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
did you hear about the lady who is suing Victoria Secrets over a thong that injured her?

eek No, but not for nothing, but... if someone's "injured" by a thong, they probably shouldn't be wearing one to begin with. whistle lol
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Italian slang - 06/20/08 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
did you hear about the lady who is suing Victoria Secrets over a thong that injured her?

eek No, but not for nothing, but... if someone's "injured" by a thong, they probably shouldn't be wearing one to begin with. whistle lol

Ha ha ha. I was curious too. Yesterday one of the cable stations had her on. Evidently, the metal that attached the tag to the thong, flew into her eye when she tried to detach it. She claims she has major discomfort in her eye. Of all the weird things to happen grin

TIS

Re: Italian slang - 06/20/08 01:30 PM

Metal attaching the tag?? confused Sounds pretty heavy-duty... again, probably not for that person... Hell, not for my physique right now, either, I'm just saying lol
Posted By: whisper

Re: Italian slang - 06/20/08 04:18 PM

I take my time when selecting my thongs.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Italian slang - 06/20/08 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By: marco's lover
Long, long time ago, I found Italian slang here and I had it in a file on my computer. You won't believe it, but pc died on me and I can't find a copy of it anywhere.

I tried to google it, but it on google it isn't that *interesting*. It doesn't have the phrases and examples.

Can someone help me out?
Thank you!
ML

I'm not sure just what kind of slang you find "interesting", but there are plenty of such dictionaries, etc. on the web. Did you try several?

That was one thing about my parents. They never swore. I heard my parents say a few things out of frustration, but never real swearing. So, that part of my Italian was learned on the street corner, but that wasn't much.
Posted By: SC

Re: Italian slang - 06/20/08 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: olivant
That was one thing about my parents. They never swore. I heard my parents say a few things out of frustration, but never real swearing. So, that part of my Italian was learned on the street corner, but that wasn't much.

I think the first "foreign" words that most of us learn are the curse words. That's certainly true here in New York (where we're exposed to so many different languages).
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Italian slang - 06/20/08 05:28 PM

A good friend of mine, Joe, was born in Italy and came to America in 1985 when he was in his early 20s. We met around 1992 when he was an alibi witness for another Italian-born pizza worker, whom I was representing in a bizarre criminal case. At the time Joe was just buying his own shop, I became a frequent customer, and we got to be good friends.

Anyhow, Joe had a young worker, a few years ago, who couldn't speak English and they would speak to him in Italian. One wintry day this young man slipped in the parking lot and let loose with a litany of profanity in English that would make a dock worker proud.
Posted By: SC

Re: Italian slang - 06/20/08 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
Anyhow, Joe had a young worker, a few years ago, who couldn't speak English and they would speak to him in Italian. One wintry day this young man slipped in the parking lot and let loose with a litany of profanity in English that would make a dock worker proud.

Reminds me of the scene in "The Sopranos" when Furio was walking with a cane (after he was shot in the leg) and slipped on some ice. Only difference was he let out with a liturgy in Italian!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET