Home

I Just Recieved Some Devastating News!

Posted By: Don Cardi

I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/13/08 03:17 AM

I just learned, through a phone call from a former co-worker and friend, that a long time business associate of mine, who worked side by side with me for many years, lost his 18 year old son in a car crash. About 3 years ago he decided to leave our business and move down to Ocala Florida to pursuit his dream of having a horse ranch. I remember when his boy was born and the many times through the years that he brought him to work. I basically saw that boy grow up.

In fact, this former business associate's older son worked for me for about 2 years before following his family down to Ocala. I am so devastated by this news and can't even begin to imagine what my former business associate is going through. I just did a search on the internet and found the story:

--------------------------------------------------

Driver In Deadly Ocala Crash Was Going 120 mph

The Florida Highway Patrol released their report Monday in their ongoing investigation into a fatal crash in Ocala two weeks ago that killed five young men.

FHP said authorities continued to interview dozens of people about the crash, but said what they did know was that the five men were inside a BMW M5 as it was going at speeds up to 120 mph down a runway at Jumbolair Aviation Estates.

The report said the driver, Josh Ammirato, 18, was driving the car when it left the end of the runway and flew 200 feet through the air.

Authorities said Ammirato hit the brakes for two to three seconds, the car veered sideways, overturned and became airborne.

According to the report, the car then struck a fence and three trees. Ammirato and all four passengers were ejected from the vehicle.

Ammirato and the front passenger were wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash; the other three passengers were not.

The Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco have also joined the investigation, and were conducting a toxicology report to determine if alcohol was a factor in the crash.

Along with Ammirato, the four other young men involved in this fatal crash were Jacob James Casey, 19; James Devon Hime, 19; Dustin J. Dawe, 19; and Issac Rubin, 20.
---------------------------------------------------------

5 young lives gone. Wasted away, and for what? To see how fast they could go?

I just cannot believe this! \:\(
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/13/08 03:38 AM

That's horrible, DC -- I'm sorry to hear this! \:\(
Posted By: Mignon

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/13/08 03:43 AM

I am so sorry to hear this tragic news DC. I will keep your friend as well as the other families in my prayers that our Heavenly Father will put his loving and comforting arm around them and give them peace and understanding.

And I will pray for you to have comfort as you deal with this tragedy. God Bless my friend.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/13/08 03:48 AM

DC,

That is horrible news. I am so sorry. I can relate to how shocked you are. A couple years ago, my cousin lost his 18 year old son in a car accident. No drugs/alcohol involved, but he was speeding and hit a tree and died instantly. His mother felt even worse because they had an argument before he left the house. Although it was one of those parent/teenager type argument, this is something that she'll think about forever. \:\(

Anyway my sympathies. I'll pray for his family.

TIS
Posted By: klydon1

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/13/08 03:59 AM

I'm very sorry to hear about this tragedy, DC. I can't imagine the pain felt by the loved ones.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/13/08 12:56 PM

That is so horrible. \:\( Your friend is going through a tremendous loss, and words seem very small at this moment.

Be the great friend to him as we know you will be and help him through. His family has my thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: chopper

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/13/08 01:01 PM

Thats terrible im sorry to hear about that \:\(
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/13/08 01:44 PM

How tragic! It's every parent's nightmare. You see them walk out the door, and you never think that you will be the household that gets "that" phone call. At least you pray that you never will!

So sorry for your loss, my friend.
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/13/08 02:58 PM

Eh, that's pretty nasty. I approach the car with a completely different perspective since having been in an accident myself. I've had a few friends to have pretty serious accidents (one of which flipped the car and landed in a pond, before swimming out unharmed), but luckily, none have been fatal.

It's sad to say, but a car accident is something a lot of driver's just need to experience so they can get it. It's just a shame that people have to lose their lives in the whole mess.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/13/08 04:12 PM

Sorry to hear such a tragic ending for young lives. Some young drivers have false sense of invincibility. These lessons never seem to be learned except by those close to the victims.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/13/08 04:54 PM

Wow, wearing seatbelts and still ejected...

This is horrible.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/13/08 05:50 PM

I pm'd you, DC.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/13/08 05:59 PM

Awful, DC. You just never know.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/13/08 06:53 PM

Yep. Just tragically horrible. Senseless. And definitely every parent's nightmare!
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/13/08 07:55 PM

Horrible news DC \:\(

Sorry to hear it!
Posted By: Mignon

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/13/08 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
I've had a few friends to have pretty serious accidents (one of which flipped the car and landed in a pond, before swimming out unharmed), but luckily, none have been fatal.

The same thing happened to my older son when we lived in WV. He was taking his girlfriend home hit some black ice the car spun around flipped over hit a tree and landed in the creek. The both of them came out with just a scratch thank God.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/13/08 10:07 PM

Horrible. Sorry to hear it DC.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/14/08 12:35 AM

This tragedy is horrible enough because of the loss of life. It's made worse because it's not just some abstract news report: it involved someone you know and liked, DC. And it affects all of us here because it affects someone we know and like--you, DC.

Please take comfort from the sympathy that's pouring out for you and your friend on these boards.
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/14/08 12:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
 Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
I've had a few friends to have pretty serious accidents (one of which flipped the car and landed in a pond, before swimming out unharmed), but luckily, none have been fatal.

The same thing happened to my older son when we lived in WV. He was taking his girlfriend home hit some black ice the car spun around flipped over hit a tree and landed in the creek. The both of them came out with just a scratch thank God.

That's crazy.

Luckily, in my friends case, no one had been riding with him, because if anyone had been in the passenger side, they would have been dead. The entire passenger side was smashed in and destroyed.
Posted By: franksinatra

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/14/08 01:58 AM

I echo everyone's best wishes, Don Cardi. Events like this do genuinely make one think.

My thoughts are with the boy's family -- as suggested, especially his parents, of whom I cannot bare to think what are going through.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/14/08 02:57 AM

Not to get off topic, but welcome Frank Sinatra!! \:\) It's always nice to see new peopole come on board.

TIS
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/14/08 09:34 PM

That news is just awful. It is such a shame when we lose another young person to tragedy. My condolences to you and to his family.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/14/08 09:43 PM

Very sorry to hear this Don Cardi. All you can do is stay strong and comfort your friend in his darkest hour. May your friend's son and his companions rest in eternal peace.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/17/08 10:51 PM

Sorry to hear the news. These things sadly occur all to frequently but it hits home when you hear it's happened to someone you know or even used to know.

My condolences to the family...

Apple
Posted By: Obsessed With The GodFather

Re: I Just Recieved Some Devastating News! - 02/18/08 12:33 AM

So very sorry DC, Just tragic!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET