Famous People You've Met

Posted By: Irishman12

Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 01:03 AM

Bill Murray

I met him while working a summer job last year

William Fichtner

I met him while working at a movie theater

Ken Griffey Jr.

I met him when I was younger at Yankee Stadium before a Seattle Mariners vs. New York Yankees game

Chuck Knoblauch

I met him on a flight to Texas

Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 01:10 AM

ive met a few famous UK people, who have been on Tv a but no-one you guys would know..

I once met Al Martino when he was doing a UK tour and he stayed at the hotel i used to work at,very nice person who i got talking to about Gf and his early carrer..

Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 01:22 AM

Yo momma is famous all around town, an' I met her plenty o' time!

I kid, I kid.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 02:03 AM

I don't. But then again, I'm an idiot.

What constitutes "meeting" someone? A conversation? Touching somebody? Standing amidst a crowd of people as someone sings on stage? A photo with someone? What, for example, did "meeting" those people above entail for you, Irish? Exchanging niceties?
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 02:08 AM

I have never met anyone famous......
But there again nobody famous has ever met me.... \:D

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
What, for example, did "meeting" those people above entail for you, Irish? Exchanging niceties?

Everyone of those people I shook hands with or got an autograph. By meet I mean something more than just walking by someone and smiling or waving. You either received an autograph, got a picture with them, shook hands, told them you enjoyed their work, etc.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 03:44 AM

I've had sex with Matt Le Tissier.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 04:09 AM

Yes, I'd classify that as meeting them ;\)
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 08:54 AM

Mario Puzo and his widow Carol Gino (and also his editor Jonathan Karp) - at a book-signing for The Last Don in Manhattan (they were expecting me of course ;\) )

Al Pacino - shook his hand and got an autograph outside the stage door after a Broadway play

Al Martino - got his autograph after seeing him perform in concert opposite Henny Youngman; his assistant pointed out my GF cap ;\)

David Lee Roth - shook his hand backstage wishing him good luck before a performance

Director Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes ("Jay and Silent Bob"), with Stacey Farber from Degrassi - as reported here

Not sure if this counts, but I was at an "intimate event" with Spike Lee years ago for work, but don't think I ever actually went up to him

Fanboys of Marvel Comics: I knew a lot of 'em while working there, including Joe Quesada, editor-in-chief, and Avi Arad, producer of practically EVERY Marvel-related movie released since the early 90's (X-Men series, Spider-Man series, Blade, Hulk, Daredevil, etc etc etc)

Sandy Duncan - does she count? lol Saw her play Peter Pan on Broadway as a kid; got her autograph afterwards

Max Loubiere (Tour Manager for Billy Joel, Bruce Springsteen, and others) - I got Puzo to sign a hardcover Godfather novel to Billy Joel that I delivered to him personally backstage; still pissed I never met Joel cuz the freakin' Governor showed up \:\/

Many up-and-coming bands over many years being in the circuit... The Smithereens probably most note-worthy; got autographs from The Indigo Girls before I knew who they were, then ended up liking their music... (and if you include being up-close-and-personal in the audience as "meeting" (which I don't) I could include A LOT of very classic acts)

Let's not forget most of the team that brought you THE GODFATHER: THE GAME when they flew me out to EA in California in '06

...does email count? If so, then add Johnny "Paulie Gatto" Martino, and GF-related authors like Harlan Lebo and Peter Cowie, and also some no-names thus far...

I'm probably forgetting some, while also reaching at this point lol, but that's a start...

But I did see -- but not "meet" -- a few people like George Clooney and Didi Conn (Frenchy in GREASE) and others while in NYC, but they don't count...

...but I have a feeling I'm missing someone big...

---------ADDED----------

DUH!!!!!! I really did forget some BIG ones -- thanks, SC!

Sopranos characters: Paulie, Benny, Patsy, Vito and Gigi

As well as "Jimmy Whispers" from A Bronx Tale

...and I almost met, but chose not to bother, Coppola at the Brooklyn DVD release event, where I also hung out with one of Sonny's twins

Also, the humorous a capella group The Bobs multiple times.

Tourettes comic Twitchels

And I MAY get a chance to meet director John Waters on Friday if I go to his show...
Posted By: chopper

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 09:02 AM

I know Paul Heaton out of the Band the Beautiful south very well ,ive met shaun ryder and bez out of the happy mondays as well as manny out of the stone roses,ive met lee westwood the golfer as his dad used to be my maths teacher and ive had a night out in ibiza once with alan smith and lee bowyer

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 09:06 AM

Originally Posted By: chopper
Paul Heaton... shaun ryder and bez... manny... lee westwood... alan smith and lee bowyer

He said FAMOUS people lol ;\)
Posted By: SC

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 10:59 AM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

All your "Sopranos" stars!

My top two meetings:

Paul Newman - He and wife, Joanne Woodward, would frequent my regular hangout in the '90's. They'd go to this Greek restaurant every month on a Thursday night. On one of of those nights, I was three sheets to the wind, I got up from my stool at the bar (I was like Norm on "Cheers") and started walking to the men's room. Newman, coming from the dining room, collided with me. I said, "Excuse me", to which he said, "No, I'm sorry, it was my fault". I told him, "In that case, don't let it happen again", to which he laughed and said, "OK".

Robert DeNiro - It was 1982 or '83 and I was walking down 7th Avenue on my lunch hour when he came walking out of a Winnebago parked there (they used those big vans as dressing rooms while filming "The King of Comedy"). I'm usually laid-back when seeing a personality on the street and will not approach them, but I made an exception in this case. I walked up to him and told him that I thought he was great in "The Deer Hunter" to which he shook my hand and said, "Thank you very much".

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 11:33 AM

Paul Heaton... shaun ryder and bez... manny... lee westwood... alan smith and lee bowyer

I would say they are pretty famous, in the UK
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 02:50 PM

Well if we are talking saying hello and shaking hands, I have a couple.

1968 - Robert Kennedy - during his campaign he arrived at the Kent County airport in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I drove down to the airport, wormed my way through a very large crowd as Bobby was walking along the fence shaking hands. I managed push my way to the front of the line to shake his hand. I was thrilled. (Btw, never shook his hand but also saw JFK in a motorcade during his campaign)

Approximately 1975 - I met and said hello to Michael Landon who was at a local rodeo and also got an autograph picture. \:\)

Oh and of course part of the Soprano cast at the Gangster convention in Chicago. \:\)

There probably are a few more maybe not so famous people, but for now this it it.

TIS
Posted By: whisper

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 02:57 PM

Met Jessica Alba at my local mall..when she was promoting her new movie....

Ran into Eric Bana in the city..same as Hugh Jackman

Met Chopper Read at one of his gigs...

Yelled Drunkenly at Nicole Kidman in the city..don't think she even took notice...

oh and also..punched on with Russel Crowe at the pub..nah kidding about that last one..hehe

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 02:59 PM

What was Chopper like?

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 03:03 PM

Anyone from the UK

A little off topic, but how popular is Hugh Grant in the UK? I haven't seen all of his movies, but I find him to be very charming and likeable (in spite of the famous prostitute story. Is he as likeable there?

TIS

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
Whisper,

A little off topic, but how popular is Hugh Grant in the UK? I haven't seen all of his movies, but I find him to be very charming and likeable (in spite of the famous prostitute story. Is he as likeable there?

TIS

hey TIS.I'm from Australia so i wouldn't know ;\)
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 03:09 PM

I've met Jerome Bettis, Lawrence Taylor, Stephon Marbury, and Allen Iverson.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: DE NIRO
What was Chopper like?

Chopper is a funny guy.A lot of shit talking,but a funny guy.Thinks he's the greatest gangster that ever lived though.I had a good chat with him,got his autograph,which i lost years ago.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 03:11 PM

Oops! So you are. Sorry!! (as if "down under" wouldn't have been a clue) I don't know what I was thinking. I'll redirect my question.

TIS

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 03:14 PM

Oops! So you are. Sorry!! I don't know what I was thinking. I'll redirect my question.

TIS

Haha..no harm done.The English like to think of us Aussies as the derived English...pffft. ;\)

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 03:17 PM

\:D

Hugh Grant was very popular in the UK in the 90's, with his films doing very well.I like some of his films with his best being Love Actully

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 03:18 PM

Hugh Grant was very popular in the UK in the 90's, with his films doing very well.I like some of his films with his best being Love Actully

Loser \:p

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: whisper the don from down under

Loser \:p

\:\)

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 03:28 PM

I said Loser cause we all know that Bridget Jones' diary is his best work.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 03:32 PM

i thought Love Actully was an all round good film with a great cast

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 03:33 PM

I liked Mickey Blue Eyes myself. I thought he was hilarious. But, also he was in a drama called "Extreme Measures" (with Gene Hackman)and I really liked that as well. \:\) Never saw Bridget Jones.

TIS

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: SC

All your "Sopranos" stars!

\:o \:o

Thanks - I updated my list with a few more...

...and I'm probably still missing some minor ones
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 07:03 PM

Does being propositioned over the telephone by one count?

I did meet Jack Cassidy and Shirley Jones after one of their shows. My two sisters and I were walking through the parking lot and their limo pulled up beside us. They rolled the window down and thanked us for being a great audience. I think I was about 10 years old at the time?

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 07:32 PM

Your just jealous ;\)

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 07:47 PM

I'll add a few more to those I've met:

Muhammad Ali - My brother-in-law and I were walking out of Madison Square Garden (the old one on 8th Avenue) in 1967 and saw Ali surrounded by four huge bodyguards (my brother-in-law is 6'3" tall and these guys made him look tiny). I fought my way through them and handed a newspaper to Ali who took it, autographed it and handed it back to me (the nice thing about it was his picture was on the page of paper that he signed). I said, "Thanks, champ", which brought a smile from Ali (this was during the time his title was stripped from him because he refused induction into the Army).

Middleweight champ, Rocky Graziano - I met him at least a half dozen times. He was a constant figure on the east-side of Manhattan at night and I'd always yell, "Hey Champ!", to which he'd ALWAYS say thanks and was prepared to talk for awhile. I got his autograph years before in Madison Square Garden.

Middleweight champ, Jake LaMotta - Like Graziano, he was a regular fixture on the midtown east-side area and I saw him/spoke to him a few times. Not as friendly as Graziano, the "Raging Bull" would still say hello at the drop of a hat.

Movie critic, Rex Reed - I literally bumped into him outside The Dakota (where he lived). I remember him saying "Ooooph" and that he felt like the Pillsbury Doughboy as I bounced off him.

From my years of working for politically connected law firms I've met and talked to publisher William F. Buckley, lawyer Roy Cohn (portrayed by Al Pacino in a tv movie), NJ Governor James Florio, and Olympics skater Dorothy Hammill.

Posted By: DonPacino

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/09/07 11:59 PM

I've met two english football players called Warren Barton and Steve Claridge. I've also met The Rock, at a pay-per-view in Newcastle back in 2000 when I was 7. Not sure if this counts, but my aunt is/was friends with Bill Clinton.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/10/07 12:36 AM

My friend worked in a charity bookstore after Clinton's presidency, and he came in with his entire entourage and said, "Hey there" to the staff as if he was still president. The same friend has had dinner with the woman who plays Susan Kennedy in Neighbours.

I've met Les Ferdinand, Peter Beardesley, Lee Clark, Pavel Srnecek and Shaka Hislop.

I've shook hands with Lee "Scratch" Perry and Mr. Scruff.

I almost met Mike Leigh a few months ago. Was standing right next to him after seeing a film at the London Film Festival, and somebody asked him what he thought of the film he had just seen (the same one as I). He said, "Oh, it was terrible." Since I had liked the film, I thought, Fuck him and his fucking grey fucking beard, the [BadWord].
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/10/07 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas
I have never met anyone famous......
But there again nobody famous has ever met me.... \:D

That goes for the two of us. However, once a year I play guitar with the keyboard player and Grammy nominee from Spyro Gyra - Jeremy Wall.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/10/07 03:23 PM

Most of the well known , whom I've met are sports related. Because of my family's frequent support of our local Double A team, we've gotten to know Vladimir Guerrerro, Jamey Carroll, Michael Barrett, Javier Vasquez, among others.

I met John Kruk while on vacation a few years ago at the Jersey Shore.

I also met Pete Rose at an autograph signing several years ago, and we discussed the Phillies 1980 Championship run in some detail. That was a thrill.

I also met some members of the Steelers from the 70s: Franco Harris, Rocky Bleir, Frenchy Fuqua, Jack Ham and Andy Russell. Of the present Steelers my older son and I met Hines Ward.

I also met Tom Landry in the early 90s. He's the one I spent most time speaking to as we both had a lot of time to spend one weekend at a hotel where we were there for unrelated business.

My mother's first cousin was a tv/movie actor, seldom known but frequently seen, in the 70s and 80s. Through him I got to know Jason Miller, who played Father Karros in the Exorcist, and wrote a Pulitzer Prize winning play. Through him, his immediate family got to know some of his famous friends, including Robin Williams, who notified his family after my second cousin was in a serious auto accident about 25 years ago. My cousin appeared in a lot of sitcoms and dramas of the day.

Finally, Sleepy Jim Crowley, who was the last surviving member of the Four Horsemen of Notre Dame, lived in my hometown and gave me and my family tickets to a couple of ND road games.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/10/07 04:32 PM

I haven't met anyone famous, got some autographs from a few Colts players and was one of many people trying to get an autograph from Peyton Manning at training camp one year. His face was less than a foot away from me. His nose is much bigger in person.
Posted By: bogey

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/10/07 06:38 PM

I met Ah-nuld when I was 12 on vacation in Vegas. He and his wife were in Caesar's Palace I believe. He's huge. (That's what she said) I saw Dennis Rodman walking down the street during the same trip. I didn't talk to him though.

And every year the Steelers come play a charity basketball game at my high school. There I met Hines Ward, Plaxico Burress, and there's a third I really can't remember right now.

And I realize probably only a couple people will know who these ones are, but whatever:

I met Roger Manganelli and a few other members from Less Than Jake a few times - Roger has one of my high school's shirts (he thought the name Weir High was awesome)

I met the bass players from The Living End and from The Casualties at Warped Tour a few years ago.

I'm thinking I'm forgetting someone.. but I can't remember who.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/10/07 07:25 PM

I went to all the Alan Freed rock 'n roll shows in the Fifties at the Brooklyn Paramount and Fox. If you hung out at the stage door, they'd come out to greet you. In addition to meeting Alan, I shook hands with:

Buddy Holly
Bo Diddley
Chuck Berry
Jerry Lee Lewis
Fats Domino
Frankie Lymon
Jackie Wilson
...and many others (mostly one-hit wonders).

I met actress Veronica Lake in 1959 when I delivered something to a NYC hospital where she was drying out.

I met US Senator (later Governor) Jon Corzine at a Democratic fund-raiser in Summit, NJ.

I had a close brush with Muhammed Ali that's stayed in my memory:

I was in O'Hare Airport (Chicago) in '87, waiting for a flight to Newark. There was little traffic at the gate where I was waiting. I looked up--and did a double take: there, not 100 feet away, was Ali, standing by himself, alone. I stared and stared. Superficially, he looked great--no gray hair, still in trim shape, no marks on his face. But his eyes seemed a million miles away. Then a little, middle-aged woman (evidently some kind of caretaker) came up to him, took him by the arm, and started steering him toward another gate. Just then a bunch of kids ran up to him. He smiled, but it was a ghost of a smile. It was really sad.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/10/07 07:57 PM

Wow, i would have loved to have meet all those early rock n roll icons.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/10/07 08:30 PM

Al Pacino, twice. Once as a kid when he was filming Dog Day Afternoon and once several years back at a party that I was invited to.

Jennifer Lopez and Stanley Tucci on the set of Maid In Manhattan. Both hung out and bullshitted with several of us while we were in between shoots.

Ice T on the set of Law And Order SUV. He invited two other set extras and myself to sit with him while we were on a drink break.

Joe Giannescoli and John Fiore from the Sopranos. I think that everyone here has heard the story many times of how they hung out with some of us from the gangster bb while we were in Chicago.

Vito Antufermo and I used to hang out together when I was a teenager.

I also did a shoot on the Today Show with Will Smith when he was promoting his song from MIBII. Great guy!

Rudy Giuliani on several occasions.

And for many years I attended the TEDDY ATLAS FOUNDATION Cocktail Party and Dinner and have met various Boxers, Actors, Football and Baseball players. This charity happens to be my favorite charity.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/10/07 09:39 PM

Two guys I didn't meet, but had a brush with in Philadelphia were Bobby Abreu, who was next to me in traffic on the Ben Franklin Bridge, and Smokin' Joe Frazier, who 20 years ago pulled up at a red light alongside my 1980 Ford Fairmont in his Rolls near South Street.

I remember Vito Antufermo in the early 80s. He was a tough fighter.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/11/07 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Al Pacino, twice. Once as a kid when he was filming Dog Day Afternoon and once several years back at a party that I was invited to.

Jennifer Lopez and Stanley Tucci on the set of Maid In Manhattan. Both hung out and bullshitted with several of us while we were in between shoots.

Ice T on the set of Law And Order SUV. He invited two other set extras and myself to sit with him while we were on a drink break.

Joe Giannescoli and John Fiore from the Sopranos. I think that everyone here has heard the story many times of how they hung out with some of us from the gangster bb while we were in Chicago.

Vito Antufermo and I used to hang out together when I was a teenager.

I also did a shoot on the Today Show with Will Smith when he was promoting his song from MIBII. Great guy!

Rudy Giuliani on several occasions.

And for many years I attended the TEDDY ATLAS FOUNDATION Cocktail Party and Dinner and have met various Boxers, Actors, Football and Baseball players. This charity happens to be my favorite charity.

I'l love to meet Pacino anytime, but man, I would have given my eye teeth to meet him during the DDA era. \:\/ \:\)

TIS

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/11/07 01:15 AM

I forgot,i also met Cypress Hill at their gig and had a drink with them.
Posted By: svsg

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/11/07 02:01 AM

I'l love to meet Pacino anytime, but man, I would have given my eye teeth to meet him during the DDA era. \:\/ \:\)

TIS

What is eye teeth?

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/11/07 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: svsg

TIS

What is eye teeth?

Eye teeth the upper teeth (one on each side) that usually is a tad longer than the others. Just an expression you know. I really don't want to give up my teeth.

Obviously a very old time expression meaning you'd give anything fot........ ;\)

TIS

Hope I'm not giving the impression that I'm a vampire or something.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/11/07 05:43 PM

Wow, i would have loved to have meet all those early rock n roll icons.

Well, in those early days, there was no such thing as "rock stars" as we know them now (except for Elvis). The Alan Freed shows were like R&R vaudeville--21 acts appearing on stage seven or eight times a day. No such thing as "arena" shows. And only Elvis played Vegas.

Mostly they were kids like us (maybe a little bit older), looked like us, sang songs that were appealing to us. Same goes for UK kids: not a coincidence that the very first song Lennon and McCartney put on tape was Holly's "That'll Be the Day"; why the Stones' first US hit single was Holly's "Not Fade Away"; why Zep and the Who always sang Eddie Cochrane's "Summertime Blues" and "Somethin' Else" on BBC; why Jeff Beck worships Gene Vincent and the Blue Caps; why Lennon worshipped Berry and why Harrison worshiped Carl Perkins.
Posted By: Don Marco

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/11/07 06:00 PM

I met Bart Starr when I was a kid

I ran on a relay team with Art Monk and Joe Morris at Syracuse (although they weren't famous at the time)

I met Jerry Seinfeld while he was making a commerical for American Express outside my office when I worked on Hudson Street in the West Village

Met Edie Falco in a deli on Hudson Street (and her dog as well). I saw one of the Olsen twins in the same deli - I assume it was the one without the eating disorder.

Met Pete Rose, Johnny Bench, Dave Concepcion, and Joe Morgan at a party given by Coca Cola in Cincinnati (my wife worked at Coke)

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/11/07 06:09 PM

Ive also met many premiership soccer players as they used to stay at the hotel i used to work at, when Forest was in the premiership

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/11/07 06:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Don Marco

I ran on a relay team with Art Monk and Joe Morris at Syracuse (although they weren't famous at the time)

Joe Morris! One of my favorite all time GIANTS players! Little Joe the Loco Mo!

I met him at an autograph show once. Seemed like a really nice guy.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/11/07 06:31 PM

I met Jonathan Winters when I was a little girl.
Posted By: Partagas

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/11/07 07:42 PM

Famous is relative... but here goes:

Many many a politician over the years - either at fundraising events or them visiting my various occupations.

George Bush the elder. Saw him at a campaign rally about 2 weeks prior to the election in '88. My son was 2 weeks old at the time and slept (like a baby) amongst the 10,000 or so people at the rally at the old Union Station in St. Louis. I still have a picture somewhere of George kissing my son.

Jack Kemp -- former Secretary of HUD, NFL Quarterback, and Presidential candidiate in '88. I worked on his campaign in Iowa. I probably saw every candidate running for election at the in '88 while in Iowa.

Met many Congressman (probably most no one has heard of from Missouri and Kansas) Cleaver, Moore, Skelton, Boyda, Ryun, et al and the Senators from said states -- Bond, Talent, McCaskil, Dole, Roberts, Brown. Some I have visited with in their office on the hill and some in their offices in their district. A few (Cleaver, Bond, Moore, Ryan have visited the ASF. I am actually workign with a couple to get an evil earmark LOL

I also met some small time preacher from Arkansas named Huckabee -- anyone ever heard of him??? Quick story -- he use to weigh about 100 pounds more than he does now. He developed Type 2 Diabetes and got his liofe back in shape (literally) He now runs marathons, etc... (in his spare time)

I once had drinks with Larry Craig at an airport in Minneapolis. I think he was trying to untie my shoe or something later on that evening when I was in the restroom.

Gotta run and will try to remember to post some other "famous" people I have met later on.
Posted By: dontomasso

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/11/07 08:18 PM

Rosemary Clooney
Jose Ferrer
Debbie Boone (This says "famous" not good)
Allen Ginsberg
Bob Dylan
Jimmy Carter
Carol Browner (Clinton's EPA Director)
Jeb Bush
Barbara Bush
Bobby Short
Alice Cooper
John Unitas & All the 1968 Colts and Coaching Staff
Otto Graham
Tony Dungy
Maureen Dowd
Mia Farrow
Laurence Harvey
B.B. King
And a guy who knew a cousin of a friend of John Lennon's Limo Driver

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/11/07 08:19 PM

You met Dylan???

Any story with that?

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/11/07 08:22 PM

ive met Vinnie jones twice,i suppose he is pretty famous now

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/11/07 08:45 PM

Some others came to mind after watching Monday Night Football.

I met Kyle Brady, the Patriots TE, in a District Justice office when he was a senior in high school. He was paying a traffic or parking ticket and I was a new lawyer.

I met Kevin Gilbride, a former NFL head coach and current offensive coordinator for the Giants, when we stayed at the same Disney resort in 1/2002. He was working there for the NFL training college seniors, who were drafted later that year.

Although I never met Lenny Kravitz, I spoke with him briefly on a multi-party conference call involving a minor legal matter, in which he was a possible witness. So I don't consider that to be meeting him.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/11/07 10:18 PM

How was Vinnie? He and Jason Statham are two of my favorite British actors

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/11/07 11:08 PM

Vinnie Jones is more of a prop than an actor, even when he speaks (which is rare). Did you know he was a soccer player before becoming an actor, Irish?

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/11/07 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: dontomasso

Allen Ginsberg
Bob Dylan

You must elaborate!

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/12/07 06:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
Vinnie Jones is more of a prop than an actor, even when he speaks (which is rare). Did you know he was a soccer player before becoming an actor, Irish?

Yes I was aware of that fact

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/12/07 07:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Irishman12

How was Vinnie? He and Jason Statham are two of my favorite British actors

Yeah we was pretty cool i had a beer with him in the worlds end pub in London

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/12/07 08:49 AM

That's awesome man. How many fans can say they had a pint with Vinnie? Was he a pretty down to earth guy or private and stand-offish?

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/12/07 08:57 AM

He was a prop.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/12/07 04:58 PM

Yes he was down to earth really nice bloke to be honest,obviously from his films and sports careear we expected him to be a nasty bastard ,but he just had a laugh like a normal lad, he made us laugh though because all he did was take the piss out of Maddonnna we were dying with laughter

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/12/07 05:09 PM

Speaking of drinking with a "famous" personality (although I don't know if this really fits the category):

About ten years ago I was in my usual bar after work and the bartender told me that the guy sitting next to me had just written a book about Frank Sinatra (the bartender knew I was a big Sinatra fan). The guy next to me overheard the bartender and asked if I liked Sinatra. I told him that I did, and as a matter of fact I had just bought and read a book called "The Way You Wear Your Hat" (about Sinatra). It turns out he was the author (Bill Zehme). We spent the next two hours talking about Old Blue Eyes. \:\)

Small world, huh?

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/12/07 05:29 PM

You met Dylan???

Any story with that?

Yes. Back in the 70's Dylan and a bunch of other musicians T-Bone Burnett, Kiny Friedman, Joan Baez and others had a tour called the "Rolling Thunder Review." I saw the concert twice, and on the second night roadies were handing out tickets for a free taping of what was to be a television special (it has ever aired, instead they did another one in Clorado which did air. What became of the other tape I do not know.

Anyhow there were a total of about 100 people who got to watch the taping which took a full day and went into the night, and I was one of them. Just before they cut for a break Dylan said something unintelligible into the microphone.

They then took a break, and Dylan was milling around outside the studio where I also hapened to be. He lit up a cigarette, and I said something to him about enjoying this immemsly, and I asked him how he felt about being interrupted and having to do multiple takes of things. He said "Well ya know I've done a movie (Pat Garrett and Blly the Kid) and I am making another one (Rinaldo and Clara), and I've done a record or two, so its just the way it works. Then I asked him what he had said on the microphone, and he replied "I sent a message to everyone out there in TV Land, and since yer here you'll have to wait until yer there." He kind of smiled and I laughed, and took my leave not wanting to press my luck, knowing that Dylan pretty much keeps to himself. Definitely a great sense of humor.
All in all it was for me an extremely cool exchange.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/12/07 05:37 PM

Good story, dt, thats a keeper!

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/12/07 06:17 PM

Fuck me silly and call me Harry, that story is amazing, dt.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/12/07 06:21 PM

Harry! the other stuff will follow soon.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/12/07 06:49 PM

My wife reminded me of two others, who are more minor.

George Chaump, who had some success as the head football coach of Navy years ago is related to my motherin law. he now is an extremely successful high school coach and I see him occasionally in a bar I frequent.

My wife's cousin is also married to former Penn State quarterback John Shaffer. In four years of high school and two years as a starter at PSU he lost one game, the 1986 national championship against JC Watts and Oklahoma. I believe he's a stock broker now.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/12/07 11:51 PM

You met Dylan???

Any story with that?

Yes. Back in the 70's Dylan and a bunch of other musicians T-Bone Burnett, Kiny Friedman, Joan Baez and others had a tour called the "Rolling Thunder Review." I saw the concert twice, and on the second night roadies were handing out tickets for a free taping of what was to be a television special (it has ever aired, instead they did another one in Clorado which did air. What became of the other tape I do not know.

Anyhow there were a total of about 100 people who got to watch the taping which took a full day and went into the night, and I was one of them. Just before they cut for a break Dylan said something unintelligible into the microphone.

They then took a break, and Dylan was milling around outside the studio where I also hapened to be. He lit up a cigarette, and I said something to him about enjoying this immemsly, and I asked him how he felt about being interrupted and having to do multiple takes of things. He said "Well ya know I've done a movie (Pat Garrett and Blly the Kid) and I am making another one (Rinaldo and Clara), and I've done a record or two, so its just the way it works. Then I asked him what he had said on the microphone, and he replied "I sent a message to everyone out there in TV Land, and since yer here you'll have to wait until yer there." He kind of smiled and I laughed, and took my leave not wanting to press my luck, knowing that Dylan pretty much keeps to himself. Definitely a great sense of humor.
All in all it was for me an extremely cool exchange.

Thanks alot for telling such an awesome story. During "Rolling Thunder" no less! I would've killed to see him in '75.
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/13/07 01:45 AM

Well, whatever, I'll give in.

Ummm... I met a few WWF (yeah, it used to be called WWF) wrestlers back in the days of middle-school, when I was into that sort of thing and WWF New York was knew. I went to see Mick Foley on my birthday, and he and I had a brief conversation after he spotted me and the Mankind sign I made. Oh, and one time I stumbled across Scotty 2 Hotty in the gift store, but I don't know if he's considered famous.

Obviously, I've pretty much grown out of the whole wrestling thing... I don't know of any celebrities I've "met" who I'm still actually excited about or interested about, or whatever. Living a few hours outside of Manhattan, I see celebrities whenever I drive down to the city, but I generally don't think it's my place to approach them. I think, most notably, I saw Spike Lee walking around Union Square; He was with his son, so I didn't feel comfortable approaching him or doing the whole fan thing, so I gave him a respectful nod but didn't really stop or anything.

Oh, and I've met members from numerous bands that are considered "famous" but not necessarily the most popular. Just sort of underground bands that are internationally known, but still play modest-sized venues, and will hang around before or after their set, while the other bands play. I don't really have a problem approaching people in this setting, as I think it's more appropriate, and that's what they're their for. Most notably, or at least most recently, I met the guys from Portugal. the Man, and since my friends and I were all broke, we gave them some free marijuana in exchange for some t-shirts. Well, that just makes me laugh, seeing as they're a fairly popular band. Then John Gourley, their guitarist, drew my buddy a drawing, and told us next time they come to New York, get in touch with them through their band-myspace, and they'd let us in to the show for free, and we'd be able to go backstage.

Oh, and I almost completely forgot! Here's a pretty cool one... I've met and spoken to Trey Anastasio of Phish about four or five times. He's been on house arrest for drug charges and hasn't been able to leave county for some time, so I see him around town all the time.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/13/07 02:08 AM

Scotty "Too Hotty" (Jerry Lawler's son, by the way) had the smallest feet ever. You should have told him.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/13/07 02:50 AM

Ha... I hadn't noticed. Although, the thing that makes me laugh to this day, is that when I ran into him, he was actually checking out his own action figure.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/13/07 05:13 PM

Really? LMFAO!

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/13/07 05:20 PM

Another B List guy I met was Jayson Stark, the baseball reporter and analyst from ESPN. I watched a Phillies game with him and a few others last season. We talked about his book that lists the most overrated and underrated players in history.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/13/07 06:40 PM

(Attention: SC):
When I was 15, I had a job after school hours as a messenger for the old New York Post. I met some of their celebrated columnists, such as Earl Wilson, Jimmy Cannon and Milton Gross.

(If this keeps up, I'll have to admit that I met Honest Abe before his last debate with Stephen Douglas.)
Posted By: Sicilian1

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/14/07 04:33 AM

My wife & I met Joe Theismann. This was when we were on a company trip and he was the motivational speaker and we had our picture taken with him. Nice guy.

My wife met and had her picture taken with Joan Rivers.
She also met and had her picture taken with, get this
O.J Simpson, before he became a murderer.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/14/07 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian1

Last time I saw Rivers on TV, she'd had so many facelifts that you could bounce a dime off her cheek.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/14/07 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull

Last time I saw Rivers on TV, she'd had so many facelifts that you could bounce a dime off her cheek.

Mrs. Bates! Mrs. Bates!!!

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/14/07 06:24 PM

Mrs. Bates! Mrs. Bates!!!

Maybe she stayed at that motel...plenty of rooms...
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/14/07 06:33 PM

Why is it so intriguing to people when you tell them who you have met? If I were to say I'm close friends with Conan Obrien I would understand why others would want to ask me about him because I know him personally. But to say "I once met Kevin Costner in a bar and shook his hand and told him I loved him in Waterworld" and people listen to you with interest doesn't make much sense to me.

Why is fame such an important thing to us who are not famous? Especially when we constantly see the famous throw their lives away and talk about how they are not happy despite having everything most people want.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/14/07 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
Why is it so intriguing to people when you tell them who you have met? If I were to say I'm close friends with Conan Obrien I would understand why others would want to ask me about him because I know him personally. But to say "I once met Kevin Costner in a bar and shook his hand and told him I loved him in Waterworld" and people listen to you with interest doesn't make much sense to me.

Why is fame such an important thing to us who are not famous? Especially when we constantly see the famous throw their lives away and talk about how they are not happy despite having everything most people want.

Well if anyone met Kevin Costner and told him they loved Waterworld, I would question their taste.

I think you are confusing fame with accomplishment. Most of the famous people named in this thread (with the exception of acknowledged B Listers and Wrestlers) are famous because they accomlished something in their lives... they were great athletes, writers, musicians, and what have you, so there is a natural fascination with people whose acomplishments are extraordinary, and it is truly exciting to meet them.

I would agree with your premise if everyone was posting that they once met Britney Spears or Paris Hilton who are famous for no good reason.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/14/07 07:13 PM

Well if anyone met Kevin Costner and told him they loved Waterworld, I would question their taste.

I chose Costner and Waterworld as a joke... is was nothing more than an example.

I think you are confusing fame with accomplishment. Most of the famous people named in this thread (with the exception of acknowledged B Listers and Wrestlers) are famous because they accomlished something in their lives...

People are famous for all sorts of reason, accomplished or not. The topic is "Famous People You've Met" not "Accomplished..." Even though you did point out that all sorts of people have been mentioned from respected musicians to B "listers" and wrestlers, I wasn't referring to the types of people mentioned so far in this thread.

I was simply asking why people are so interested in hearing about the famous people someone else has met. I understand how it could be exciting for you personally to meet someone you respect that you've only, until now, seen from a distance, but why is it exciting for someone else to hear about it without them actually meeting the person themselves?

Re: Famous People You've Met - 12/14/07 09:43 PM

Here's a funny one.

My roommate in law school was the great-nephew of Pope John XXIII. We had a class together where he sat on my right. Just to my left was the son of the guy, who played Big Al from Happy Days and Murry the Cop on the Odd Couple.
Posted By: MiniMafiaBoss

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/15/08 10:06 PM

I would say who I met, but no one would believe me.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 03:17 AM

who?

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 09:36 AM

I paid £1000 to have an hour backstage with Cheryl Cole (Tweedy).

I met Nina Mercedez and Priya Rai at a pornstar convention.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 01:30 PM

That's nothing. I've met Paul Bennett.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
That's nothing. I've met Paul Bennett.

lol

Fuck Paul Bennet!

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 03:21 PM

You see I knew you would'nt believe me.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 03:26 PM

I can tell the truth you know.

The mob posts - if people wanna write books with lies in them, I'm not responsible, but will take the blame anyway.
Posted By: goombah

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 03:38 PM

While I was working at a radio station during college, I met John Mellencamp. He came to the studio to promote his then new album "Whenever We Wanted." I have his autograph from that day as well.

I got to meet Nils Lofgren of the E Street Band, also while working at the radio station.

Athletes I have met: Browns: Brian Sipe, Mike Pruitt, Jerry Sherk, Clarence Scott; Cavs: Larry Nance; Indians: Joe Charboneau, Rick Manning, Mike Hargrove.

Cavs announcer Joe Tail and former Browns radio announcer Nev Chandler.

I met Rev. Jesse Jackson and Steve Croft of CBS while working the Cleveland Democratic Debate in February of this year.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 03:38 PM

I would have posted the pics but can't as I can't link or save anything at the moment.

If I posted the pornstar convention ones I would be booted!

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: MiniMafiaBoss

Why the hell would you spend £1K to meet Cheryl Cole, shes a no-one..

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 05:03 PM

I think shes the best looking one in the group.

Plus the 1k is so easy money to me - you know what I do, the money just keeps on coming.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 05:06 PM

No i don't know what you do..

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 05:08 PM

What I do makes enough to splash out on a "nobody".

Talking about nobodies, how do you rate Dave Courtney?

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 05:27 PM

You see I knew you would'nt believe me.

You're terrible at reading people. I don't remember questioning the truth behind your statements, although your increased speculation as to whether or not we believe you may raise a few eyebrows.

I still contend that you may have aspergers.
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 05:34 PM

Why the hell would you spend £1K to meet Cheryl Cole, shes a no-one..

Born and raised in the Byker Wall.....

She has certainly risen to fame from poor beginnings.

She used to work in a cafe in Byker and served me a bacon sandwich once so i suppose i have "met" her?

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 05:38 PM

What I do makes enough to splash out on a "nobody".

Listen to yourself..

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 05:38 PM

You're terrible at reading people. I don't remember questioning the truth behind your statements, although your increased speculation as to whether or not we believe you may raise a few eyebrows.

I still contend that you may have aspergers.

I do have Aspergers and it ain't nice.

These days people have to batter themselves to make people believe them.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 05:40 PM

Listen to yourself..

I'm just saying, and I'm making conversation.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 06:03 PM

Fair enough..

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 07:01 PM

I saw a werewolf drinkin' a pina colada at Trader Vic's...and his hair was perfect... wink

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 07:07 PM

I saw a werewolf drinkin' a pina colada at Trader Vic's...and his hair was perfect...

And the next morning he ordered a hair-of-the-wolf, right?

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 07:11 PM

I saw a werewolf drinkin' a pina colada at Trader Vic's...and his hair was perfect...

Ooooh... lol

No, but the next day they found a little old lady that got mutilated...

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 07:13 PM

No, but the next day they found a little old lady that got mutilated...

Not surprising... most mothers will warn their daughters about meeting a wolf in a bar.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 07:46 PM

I do have Aspergers and it ain't nice.

These days people have to batter themselves to make people believe them.

Are there many autistic gangsters? Or are you like the Coke-Zero to Lucky Luciano's regular Coca-Cola?

Do you think that the rain man would have made a decent living as a criminal?

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 07:49 PM

Gravano was Dyslexic.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 07:51 PM

Why can't we stop going on about who is and who is'nt a wannabe.

In this day and age, making any money without paying this damm tax is good.

One day, people might be so hard up, that my money might look like millions.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 08:05 PM

Of course you don't pay taxes. You can't be more than twelve.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 08:07 PM

I'm 26.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Of course you don't pay taxes. You can't be more than twelve.

If he's a day older, I feel really bad for him.

I mean I don't pay taxes on what I get the other way.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 08:10 PM

Did anyone meet anyone famous lately?? whistle

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 08:10 PM

I mean I don't pay taxes on what I get the other way.

Stop it. Just fucking stop it. Stop your bragging and your obsession with criminals and money. Stop it right now. Nobody can fucking stand you for another fucking post.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 08:11 PM

I'll shut up. You're all making me post replies.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 08:12 PM

I don't think the mafia goes around advertising their line of work on internet message boards.

However, virgins do.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 08:13 PM

No the Mafia does'nt advertise themselves - we all Jerry Capieci et al do!

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 08:14 PM

You're all making me post replies.

Fine, I'll admit it. I practice hypnosis and voodoo in my bomb-shelter.

I also masturbate outside the neighbors bathroom window on Tuesday nights.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 08:18 PM

Jesus fuck, the English really suck at English.

Anyways, I met Julius Caesar once. He was getting his hair cut in Sacramento.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 08:18 PM

Sorry!! lol

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 08:26 PM

The truth comes out finally.

Can we get back on topic now?

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 08:28 PM

Talk about self-incrimination. It's like watching a one-armed baby try to swim in a pool of tar while on-lookers spit and piss on him.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 08:28 PM

Sorry!! lol

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 08:34 PM

I thought were a voice of reasoning considering your a Mod and your not supposed to take sides.

I try.... I really try, but you make it so difficult. You bring this stuff on yourself.

Drop it now and do us all a favor!

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 08:37 PM

BTW - You going back and changing your posts and adding a laugh is becoming VERY annoying.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 08:38 PM

The funniest post I've ever read, and now its gone...

Alright then. I'm going to go find some celebrities out on the street to spark up conversations with, and then come back here to rebuild this thread.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 09:46 PM

Sorry SC, I just thought you did'nt wanna see that stuff anymore!

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 10:06 PM

I met John McCain at a rally last month at the courthouse steps here in Prescott AZ. One of his (many) homes is here in Yavapai County (Cornville). He chose the courthouse steps for his final speech of the primary campaign because Barry Goldwater launched his '64 Presidential bid from the courthouse steps. (Goldwater is revered here--his uncle was Mayor for five terms.) Also met Mrs. McCain, who was wearing enough pancake makeup for five TV news anchors.
He gave a nice speech. I neglected to tell him that I'm voting for Obama.

(Note to SC: What was McCain like? "42 Regular." lol )

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 10:31 PM

(Note to SC: What was McCain like? "42 Regular." lol )

D'oh!!! lol

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 10:44 PM

Yes I did I got to meet some famous people from The Gangster BB. I've met Geoff, SC, Cardi, SB, TIS, Smitty, Beth, Vitelli, DMC, JRCX, Apple, and I got to meet our friend Plaw. Hopefully I can meet more famous BBer's this year.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 10:55 PM

Gravano was Dyslexic.

He was an autistic mobster. He said that if he had it better at school then he would'nt have become a mobster.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 11:04 PM

Great, now he's talking to himself. rolleyes whistle

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 11:07 PM

I'm replying to a post above.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 11:26 PM

Yeah, your post. For such a hard-working gangsta, you sure have a lot of spare time to post on a forum all day/night. whistle wink

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 11:31 PM

I'm not a gangster, and have you ever heard of "street boss"?

I get £102 a week on benefits anyway.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 11:33 PM

Oh, sorry... that was a bit rude of me.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 11:41 PM

I'm not a gangster, never was.

I'm not a racketeeer, never was.

So what am I?

I have Aspergers, got benefit, so why bother working. Especially in this country.

Whatever money I do make comes from someone else. He sorts it and collects it. He gets nothing, for two reasons: he says stuff that he should'nt say (he treats me as a friend and not a moneymaker, liberty taker), second reason is he says he can't accept anything because he has "morals"(f**k him and his high falutin b******t). I've already fell out with him, but can't do anything about moving on til I sort out stuff with another prick-friend that has left the scene due to a stroke.

It's simple - I spend the benefit and save what I make = an investment and money ready to loan out, which I've done on numerous occasions.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 11:43 PM

You really need mental help. I hope you get some.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 11:44 PM

I'm honestly replying to Geoof.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/16/08 11:47 PM

What will happen if I keep quiet and just post other stuff?

Or do people and the Mods think I should stay away for a week, so people won't annoyed?

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/17/08 12:14 AM

Geez, and I thought I had low self-esteem. ohwell

You must really hate mirrors.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/17/08 08:03 AM

Bennet is King!!!

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/17/08 02:08 PM

Thank you very much! Here, have a beer!

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/17/08 04:33 PM

I'm not a gangster, never was.

I'm not a racketeeer, never was.

So what am I?

I have Aspergers, got benefit, so why bother working. Especially in this country.

Whatever money I do make comes from someone else. He sorts it and collects it. He gets nothing, for two reasons: he says stuff that he should'nt say (he treats me as a friend and not a moneymaker, liberty taker), second reason is he says he can't accept anything because he has "morals"(f**k him and his high falutin b******t). I've already fell out with him, but can't do anything about moving on til I sort out stuff with another prick-friend that has left the scene due to a stroke.

It's simple - I spend the benefit and save what I make = an investment and money ready to loan out, which I've done on numerous occasions.

Get a job you lazy shit..Its people like me who pay for you to be on the dole..

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/17/08 04:44 PM

I'm British. I work and will get taxed.

Nah, I prefer the Benefit.

Here mate, cheers!

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/17/08 04:46 PM

If people ignore me, I won't respond.

I'll just post things that are about Crime, TV, etc.

The Mods want me to behave, I will.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/17/08 04:48 PM

You're taking the pleasure of coming here away from a lot of people.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/17/08 04:50 PM

If people ignore me, I won't respond.

pb, in his finite wisdom, he's given us the answer!!

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/17/08 04:50 PM

I'm British. I work and will get taxed.

Nah, I prefer the Benefit.

Here mate, cheers!

This why the country has gone to pot with bums like you.

Sorry for the rants mods,there will be no more trouble from me.. wink

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/18/08 05:07 AM

Whingy Bloody Poms....

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/18/08 06:56 PM

wink

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/28/08 03:58 PM

After all that arguing and debating, it turns out that I have never met anyone famous!

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/28/08 04:17 PM

maybe we knew that already.. wink

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/28/08 04:19 PM

maybe we knew that already.. wink

He ain't "famous", but I knew a low level guy from the DLF.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 06/28/08 04:42 PM

maybe we knew that already..

Can't a guy dream?
Posted By: LaFamiglia

Re: Famous People You've Met - 03/03/09 03:23 AM

I met Bruno Sammartino at the 2008 Italian Day Festa at Idlewild Park in Ligonier,PA(he'll be there again this year) and John "Cha Cha" Ciarcia of the Sopranos at the 2007 Italian Day Festa. He was in the New York family and his character was Albie Cianflone. I've also met Jimmy Beaumont and Mike Sikorski(both local residents of my city). Jimmy is the lead singer in the oldies/doowop group "Jimmy Beaumont and the Skyliners". Mike is a former member of the group. I also met Swin Cash of the Seattle Shock(because my nephew dates her younger sister lol)
Posted By: Joker

Re: Famous People You've Met - 03/08/09 05:57 PM

I met Spike Lee about two weeks ago when he did a signing of "Miracle at St. Anna" DVD at the local borders, i wasnt to thrilled bout having to spend $20 on the dvd but its all good. I shook his hand and asked Spike how he thought the yankees were gonna do this year, he laughed and we made a couple comments bout Arod.
Later that night I went to a talk he was having at University of Delaware. It was very insightful mainly focusing on kids finding their true passion in life and staying in school, and a few things about the president.
Spike was very down to earth, didnt have a big head at all. Im italian and even though hes made some films that somewhat downgrade italians hes still my favorite director after marty. Miracle at St. Anna was good, nothing special. Do the right thing, He Got Game, and 25th Hour are my favorites from Spike.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 03/08/09 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Joker
Do the right thing, He Got Game, and 25th Hour are my favorites from Spike.

Favorite Spike Lee films in order:
1) MALCOLM X
2) INSIDE MAN
3) HE GOT GAME

Re: Famous People You've Met - 03/08/09 10:18 PM

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of being personally introduced to Jerry "Hesh" Adler from The Sopranos. I wound up having a pretty lengthy conversation with him and found him to be both a very respectful and interesting man.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 03/09/09 03:17 AM

Wow!! Cool DC.
Posted By: pfaff_luhver

Re: Famous People You've Met - 03/26/09 08:09 PM

I wish I met a famous person! in my dreams I have! lol
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Famous People You've Met - 04/03/09 12:05 PM

So, I'm getting on a plane headed to Fort Lauderdale on Sunday. I'm standing with all the other economy class passengers in the first class section, waiting in line to get to my seat, checking out the big seats, were they eating or drinking anything yet...and I see two men that look familiar. Did you ever look at someone and know that you know them, but it takes a minute to figure out how you know them??

Anyway, I realize that it's the actors who played Bobby Baccala and Johnny Sack on The Sopranos. I'm quite surprised, so I lean back to my husband, "Hey! It's Johnny Sack!" and Johnny looks up. I look at the two of them, and simply said, "We're huge fans!"

Johnny gave me sort of a nod and said, "Thanks," but Bobby looked away. They both obviously wanted nothing to do with me, or any other fan. I felt like saying, "If that's how you felt, why'd you sit down early when you know the entire plane is going to parade past your seats??"
Posted By: fathersson

Re: Famous People You've Met - 04/03/09 02:13 PM

Good for them and the rest of the people who were on that flight.

They were smart enough to know that if they did a meet and greet to every person that passed them, that the plane would never get under way on time. It is hard enough to get everyone aboard with all these cheap people who want to carry all their bags on board because of the dumb check in fees. My lord, what a nightmare these fees have made.

I have always respected the fact that first class passengers have the right to board early, be treated to some extra perks, not because who they are, but because they paid for the first class seat. And in this case, they are just people who make their living as actors. I would guess that they just wanted to be like everyone else. To relax and have a nice trip.
I hope you had a nice trip also.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 04/03/09 04:51 PM

Tell them to remember those "rights" next time they cash their big-ass paycheck. It's the price of celebrity, and I'm sick and tired of these actors who make tons of money by having everyone know their names and faces, and then cry that they are "harassed" in public. Then become a social worker and serve humankind in anonymity. If you don't want to be recognized, then don't earn your living in the public spotlight. It's the price you pay.

And Florida was beautiful.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 04/03/09 06:19 PM

That's cool, SB! Glad Florida was nice... wish I was still there! grin

Re: Famous People You've Met - 04/03/09 07:57 PM

Your right, They owe it to us.

If they didn't want to be bother with us regular type people, then they should have booked a private plane, or maybe used some dark sunglasses, a big book or newspaper and a cheap mustache to hide behind.

The hell with them, their show is off the air anyway!

That's good, I'm heading for North Myrtle Beach in a couple weeks myself.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 04/03/09 08:18 PM

Some things never change... whistle

Re: Famous People You've Met - 04/03/09 08:54 PM

FS, what's with the sarcasm?? You stated your opinion; I stated mine. Why do you need to resort to a tone?? Are people not allowed to disagree with you without you getting your knickers in a twist??

Just out of curiosity, was your post nastier or less so before the edit??

Re: Famous People You've Met - 04/03/09 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Are people not allowed to disagree with you without you getting your knickers in a twist??

No, they're not rolleyes

Re: Famous People You've Met - 04/03/09 11:45 PM

Anyway, I realize that it's the actors who played Bobby Baccala and Johnny Sack on The Sopranos. I'm quite surprised, so I lean back to my husband, "Hey! It's Johnny Sack!" and Johnny looks up. I look at the two of them, and simply said, "We're huge fans!"

Johnny gave me sort of a nod and said, "Thanks," but Bobby looked away. They both obviously wanted nothing to do with me, or any other fan.

At least he didn't ask you if you were Jewish.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 04/03/09 11:49 PM

Wait, let me rub my eyes!!! Beth????? Beth E???? How the hell are ya? wink

Nice to see you.

TIS

Re: Famous People You've Met - 04/04/09 12:14 AM

See what happens when the front door is kept unlocked. Just about anyone can walk in.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 04/04/09 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Beth E
At least he didn't ask you if you were Jewish.

That has to be the BEST Plaw story!! lol

Re: Famous People You've Met - 04/04/09 02:37 AM

FS, what's with the sarcasm?? You stated your opinion; I stated mine. Why do you need to resort to a tone?? Are people not allowed to disagree with you without you getting your knickers in a twist??

Just out of curiosity, was your post nastier or less so before the edit??

I am truly hurt here...I wasn't being sarcastic. Not a bit. a tone???
How could you read that in what I typed? You must hold a chip on your shoudler when you read my words. I now know what it feels like to be prejuciced against.
I was just agreeing with you. Hey, if they blew me off like that, I would would of had my knickers twisted too.

and just so you can put your mind at ease..I corrected a simple spelling error, nothing more.

Re: Famous People You've Met - 04/04/09 03:05 AM

My goodness! I just had one of those "I could have had a V8" moments! You? Sarcastic? What was I thinking??

By the way, the actor who played Bobby looked very good. He appeared to have lost some of his considerable girth. As a fan of the show, and since we've discussed it here on the boards, it was a nice start to a lovely vacation to spot them upon entering the plane.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Famous People You've Met - 04/05/09 01:11 AM

See what happens when the front door is kept unlocked. Just about anyone can walk in.
Be-e-e-e-e-e-t-h-i-i-e-e-e!!!!! grin

Re: Famous People You've Met - 04/05/09 01:39 AM

Originally Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

She's ALIIIIIVE!!!!!

Re: Famous People You've Met - 04/05/09 02:13 AM

Originally Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

GIIINNNNAAAAA!!! If it took me coming back to get you to finally post your beautiful pictures I would have come back long ago.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET