Home

Anti-Hunters.

Posted By: The Iceman

Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 03:09 AM

Ok this topic could stir up some heated discussions but here it goes.

Every year me and 3 guys go deer hunting we help each other fill their permits, well earlier today I went with one of them so he could check in his deer. And some kid saw the deer in the back of my truck and he said "mommy they did a bad thing they killed an innocent deer"

Then naturally his mom started to accost my buddy and I. I simply stated that we're helping to control Nebraska's deer population(which in nebraska it's bad) She then asked how do I figure that, and I simply stated that with less deer out there there is less chances for auto-accidents involving deer. Then she stated that she doesn't care how many accidents happen as long as the "innocent deer" doesn't get killed.

Then I looked at her and asked would she still feel that way if she and her son were in an accident involving a deer. and her son was killed?

She had no response to that.

Granted asking what I did involving her son was maybe a little low and maybe uncalled for. But by that time I to pissed to even care. I also look at it this way she dragged her son in it first so he's fair game.

I don't mind people thinking the way they do about certain issues, but when they basically force those same views on their children who are to damn young to know what is really going on. That's going to damn far.

On a side note I haven't got my deer yet, but I have all week to accomplish that.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 03:28 AM

My hubby is hunting also this week. I hope you get a nice buck. Can you go for a doe also Iceman? My hubby is in Kentucky now and he can only get a buck. Next month when he goes for muzzleloading I think he can get either. I see nothing wrong in hunting as long as you do it the legal way and not poaching.
The only thing I hate about it it's a very expensive hobby.

Good luck to ya.
Posted By: SC

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 03:31 AM

Personally, I don't wanna shoot any animals but I suppose the hunting season on deer may be OK if it helps thin out the population which would suffer due to overgrazing, etc.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 03:35 AM

Why do I find your reasoning for shooting deer highly suspect?

Answer to yourself; I've no wish to continue in this thread.

Kill deer if you want, but don't forge excuses. It makes you sound lame.

(And the hypocrisy deepens.)

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 03:36 AM

And how do you think the Indians ate? I have a freezer full of deer meat so I'll never starve.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 03:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
And how do you think the Indians ate? I have a freezer full of deer meat so I'll never starve.

OK, thats one thing. If you're killing an animal to feed your family then I see nothing wrong with it, but you complained its an expensive hobby (hunting). In the end, is it cheaper to buy venison meat in bulk or is it cheaper to hunt it yourself? (Don't forget to add up all the hunting related expenses).

All I said is I don't wanna shoot the animal myself. (I have no qualms about eating slaughtered animals, though).

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 03:49 AM

Yes it is an expensive hobby for the Col. but he enjoys getting out in the woods so the expence is ok for him. This is his way to relax. He loves going out to the mountains and the woods. I told him he must've been a hermit in another life.

Hey SC, if he gets a deer this year I'll bring ya some to the next BB weekend. What would you like roast,steak,hamburger,chops?

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 03:51 AM

He loves going out to the mountains and the woods. I told him he must've been a hermit in another life.

Wouldn't it be ironic if he was a deer in another life? \:p

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 03:53 AM

Hey SC, if he gets a deer this year I'll bring ya some to the next BB weekend. What would you like roast, steak, hamburger, chops?

Thanks, Mig. Give me 10 bucks and I'll be happy.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 03:53 AM

Well he is my dear. ;\)

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 03:54 AM

Originally Posted By: SC
Hey SC, if he gets a deer this year I'll bring ya some to the next BB weekend. What would you like roast, steak, hamburger, chops?

Thanks, Mig. Give me 10 bucks and I'll be happy.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 03:54 AM

Well he is my dear.

As Homer Simpson put it, "Doe"!!! \:p

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 03:57 AM

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 04:03 AM

My hubby is hunting also this week. I hope you get a nice buck. Can you go for a doe also Iceman? My hubby is in Kentucky now and he can only get a buck. Next month when he goes for muzzleloading I think he can get either. I see nothing wrong in hunting as long as you do it the legal way and not poaching.
The only thing I hate about it it's a very expensive hobby.

Good luck to ya.

yeah Mignon I can go for a doe I have an either or permit. Yeah it would be nice to get a big buck but if I see a doe she's going down. They all taste the same.

Like your husband when I go muzzleloader hunting in December I can get either one plus as many as I like.

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
Why do I find your reasoning for shooting deer highly suspect?

Answer to yourself; I've no wish to continue in this thread.

Kill deer if you want, but don't forge excuses. It makes you sound lame.

(And the hypocrisy deepens.)

I'm assuming you're referring to me with this post. But I can guarantee you that when I stated killing the deer helps control the population it's the truth. You don't live in Nebraska(or the states for that matter) so you have no clue.

You have no idea how many accidents there are involving deer. that's due to over-population.

So kindly don't make assumptions about items you have no clue about.

Now if your post was not inresponse to me then I apologize for going off on you.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 04:13 AM

Originally Posted By: The Iceman
You have no idea how many accidents there are involving deer. that's due to over-population.

Couldn't an argument be made to better educate and train drivers in areas where the deer live?

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 04:14 AM

Quote:
But I can guarantee you that when I stated killing the deer helps control the population it's the truth.
I wasn't disputing that. I was disputing that that was the only reason you hunt. I strongly doubt it's merely out of social kindness. But that's the kind of guy I am; a skeptic until the furnished veneer of reality is dug up enough to reveal, by means of blunt harshness or intellectualised logic, the filth beneath.

Perhaps there are so many crashes due to human over-population, due to the ever-growing need to feed the State with robots to carry out their means with an utter lack of self-conscious individuality; the State needs people to bring in money, to earn capital, in its bid to be the indisputed leader of the world. In abstract terms, deer causing car crashes is an effect of the assembly line manufacturing cars, cars being the very embodiment of a capitalist regime, consumerist society, self-righteous Hell.

For what it's worth, I don't really have a problem with you killing deer.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 05:57 AM

Couldn't an argument be made to better educate and train drivers in areas where the deer live?

I have to argue on the side of Iceman on this specific idea that reducing the population of deer will reduce the amount of traffic accidents involving deer. I grew up in California, but I lived on the Monterey Peninsula which is overrrun by deer, as well as raccoons. I have personal experience with knowing a person who hit a deer and almost died by being crushed by the deer that went through the windshield to crush him.

I can also say that on my very first day as a FedEx courier I left the terminal in the truck for the very first time. As I was driving down highway 68 a deer sprinted across the highway from the other side of the road. The timing would have had me hit the deer if it wasn't for a small Honda Civic on the other side of the road hitting it first. I heard the crunch as I jumped thinking I was going to hit it. I don't know if the driver survived.

All the training in the world wouldn't have prevented that deer from freaking out for whatever reason and taking off across traffic and getting hit.

I say this knowing I could never shoot an animal. In fact I even get frustrated for my family smooshing Daddy Long Legs or other innocent bugs. But I don't hold it against people or think different of them. After all, I do love to fly fish although I take all of my training into consideration when it comes to safely catching and releasing the fish, unless I plan to eat them.

Hunting in general is a touchy subject, and while I couldn't shoot a deer, I don't look down on those who do.
Posted By: svsg

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 06:38 AM

Whatever it is Iceman, remember 'one shot' ;\)

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 07:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
After all, I do love to fly fish although I take all of my training into consideration when it comes to safely catching and releasing the fish, unless I plan to eat them.

Is fly fishing easier or harder than using a regular fishing pole? The Col. went out and bought a fly fishing pole but he's never used it yet.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 07:13 AM

I once went to Arkansas, and tried fishing for first time in my life. I didn't know shit, I took plastic baits from walmart. The fishes were too smart for it I guess. I didn't get any fish after 4 hours. And that was the last time I fished.
Posted By: MaryCas

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 01:03 PM

This is one of those emotional/illogical argument issues. I am sensitive to environmental and conservation issues, but I support the organized, controlled sport hunting that occurs with animals such as deer, bear and turkey.

With the hunting issue, it is hard to separate it from the many issues of man's management of the earth; logging, road-building, water, fertilizers, home-building, mining, etc. We harm the environment and the eco-systems in so many ways. To single out sport hunting as offensive, well I think that big, gas guzzling Lincoln Navigator is more offensive than deer hunting. Now if you are a vegetarian and opposed to killing animals I can sympathize with you and respect your argument, but you better not be wearing leather shoes.

What we tend to find are hypocritical arguments; like, "I only buy American goods," like the American car with parts made in Mexico. How can you hunt those beautiful animals? Excuse me, is this mink coat on sale?

If you want to hunt deer and you do it within the laws, then have a safe, fun time. But too often the argument against hunting is an emotional response (they are so cute!). I happen to think cows and pigs are cute, but I don't hear anyone getting too upset when they are led to slaughter. I'll have the filet mignon, please.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 02:49 PM

I have never hunted, nobody in my immediate family were/are hunters,(well, by brother in law is) but I have many relatives who are avid hunters and grew up in the MidWest which surrounded me by friends/neighbors were were avid hunters. I couldn't tell you when squirrel season, rabbit season or whatever is. The only reason why I know "when" deer season is, is because I got married on Nov. 14, and couldn't believe the relatives coming out of the wordwork to ask why oh why would we pick the day before opening day to get married.

All that being said, let's face it, hunting is a sport and the fact is there are many many people who enjoy that sport. It IS legal. To make accusations and/or attack a hunter for this as if it were a crime is really ridiculous and unfounded. Like I said I've never have hunted and have no desire to hunt, but Iceman, I would have told that lady to take a long walk off a short pier. \:D

Btw, I can't say it's on my shopping list, nor do I want one, but if I could afford say, a mink coat and wanted one, I'd get one. Does that make me horrible? Oh and steak, I'd go absolutely crazy without a stake fix.

Yea, it is a touchy subject for some, but bottom line is, it's legal and their are no grounds to attack and/or single out one person for legally following the hunting rules.

Oh, and Bibble, I think I've only known one person in SoCal that was a hunter, and he sort of kept it under wraps I think, because it is so unpopular here IMHO compared to the Midwest or East.

TIS

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
but I have many relatives who are avid hunters and grew up in the MidWest which surrounded me by friends/neighbors were were avid hunters. ....The only reason why I know "when" deer season is, is because I got married on Nov. 14, and couldn't believe the relatives coming out of the wordwork to ask why oh why would we pick the day before opening day to get married.

TIS

And in many places - like Northeast PA - schools are closed for opening day of deer season.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 03:07 PM

MaryCas's first = the best in this thread.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 03:22 PM

MC,

Just a "tad" off topic. Many of those relative hunters came to the church for my wedding (back then it seemed more obligatory to attend a relatives wedding I guess)BUT....had all their hunting gear in the car so they could take off right after the ceremony. Yep, I realized then just how dedicated these hunters were.

Hey, but a day off school? \:o Ha ha They never did that at my school. That's great!!!

TIS
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 03:36 PM

Every winter, I head to China to help them out with their baby population.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas

And in many places - like Northeast PA - schools are closed for opening day of deer season.

That's true. that's where I ghrew up, and we always had that day off until I went to a jesuit High school, and we got All Souls Day off instead.

I support the hunters, Iceman, even though I never hunted. I'm not morally opposed or anything, I just had other interests. Hunting is popular in Pennsylvania (outside of philadelphia), and all of the hunters I've known take their deer to butchers. Venison is quite good and very lean.

I frequently see deer grazing along highways. In fact, they have come up to my back yard at times. There was actually a problem several years ago where the deer population here became too great, and their natural habitat and food supplies couldn't sustain them all. Many were eating bark from trees, which they couldn't digest.

Also, as we build more and more homes in outlying areas, we come more and more in contact with deer, which are beautiful animals. They carry, however, the deer tick, which ,in turn, is a spreader of lyme disease, which becomes a serious problem for humans.

I also agree about the danger that an excessive deer population causes on the highways. Today I drove almost two hours on Interstate 81, and saw several carcasses along the highway. Some years there are many more. While I realize that hunters don't only hunt because of a compelling civic obligation, I don't criticize them if they enjoy the hunting experience.

However, I remember years ago that there were areas where the hunters would hang their deer from trees in front of their house as a decoration. This was distasteful, as well as several other adjectives that apply.
Posted By: Longneck

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 05:49 PM

Just a question, Iceman, do you freeze what you kill?

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
However, I remember years ago that there were areas where the hunters would hang their deer from trees in front of their house as a decoration. This was distasteful, as well as several other adjectives that apply.

When we lived in WVA I seen several homes this time of year with deer hanging. They are draining the blood out.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 06:48 PM

When we lived in WVA I seen several homes this time of year with deer hanging. They are draining the blood out.

I've seen that, but the place where I remembered, the deer would hang from Thanksgiving through Christmas. Sometimes there'd be lights on the tree from which the deer would be hanging, and in one case, the nose was spray painted red.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 06:50 PM

That is just wrong.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 07:24 PM

I doubt it would help. Unlike dogs and cats, deer have no defensive sense about cars. They'll run right in front of a car, or freeze in front of a car ("deer in the headlights look"). Plenty of accidents have been caused by deer actually running into the side of a car. And there have been reports of people who actually stopped--and the deer ran into their cars anyway.

I shoot, but hunting isn't for me. But I agree with Iceman: controlling the deer population is a worthwhile cause.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 07:40 PM

Is controlling the human population just as worthy?
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 07:41 PM

And the most important thing to remember is that if you see one deer, assume that there are others nearby. The other day when I was driving home from work, a deer darted out into the highway. I slowed down and kept looking. Sure enough, not 10 seconds later, deer number two darted out into traffic. If I hadn't slowed down, there's no doubt that I would have hit it.

Each and every Monday morning when I drive to work at this time of year, there are new deer corpses on the side of the road.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 07:47 PM

I am planning to replicate LLC's China mission in India.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 07:49 PM

Did I mention I give the babies babies before I make my move?

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
Every winter, I head to China to help them out with their baby population.

Gee, this might be funny if I hadn't just lost my son.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 07:55 PM

Ehh.... Sorry man.

Wasn't really a thought of mine. My mind doesn't really work in such a way to link the two at a wimb, mainly because I was making fun of Iceman's comment on keeping the deer population under control, which is the lamest fucking excuse I've ever heard, because if you were to not hunt the deer, the population would take care of itself, seeing as there wouldn't be enough food to go around, and the deer population would naturally wind down, where as if they die unnatural deaths, you aren't fixing the problem, just creating a shortcut.

But, I apologize if it struck you as being in bad taste.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 07:57 PM

I never hit a deer on the highway, but some time ago I was driving alone from my brother's home well after midnight. Taking a short cut along a windy patch of a deserted two lane country road, I heard a loud thud under me. Thinking I blew a tire in the middle of nowhere, I pulled over.

My tires were fine. On the side of the road just behind my car was a plump, full-sized pig that I had hit with the car. He was alive, but hurt. There were no cars or homes in sight. I remember passing a dark farmhouse about a mile back, but that was it for houses.

After ten minutes with no other cars coming by, I moved the pig off the side of the road by a fence, and went on my way.

My mistake. Two days later I get a citation from the State Police for leaving the injured pig on the side of the road.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 07:59 PM

Klyd, how did the police know it was your car that hit the pig?

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

The pig squealed. ;\) \:D

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 08:04 PM

Why do I get the feeling that I was set up for that???

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 08:12 PM

Why do I get the feeling that I was set up for that???

That was a story that I had forgotten, but something in this thread reminded me of it. Sometimes people don't think to ask how the police knew. \:\)

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/12/07 08:41 PM

If you didn't say it SC probably would have.

When I lived in West Virginia I had to slam on the breaks all the time cuz of the deer. We lived by a state park and you aren't allowed to hunt in a state park so there is a bunch of deers. We would have deers in our yard all the time.
Posted By: Don Rico

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/13/07 03:45 AM

Well, those goddam deer may eat some grass and berries and procreate and maintain their natural "turf", the very land that was theirs, long before human "whiteys" started shooting at them with projectile weapons and calling it a fucking "sport"...

... Then these same animal-slaughtering pig-fuckers hang the deer carcasses from Christmas trees and fill their freezers with dozens of pounds more "venison" (deer flesh) than any single family could possibly consume, even if they did not drive their gas-guzzling SUVs to the "Piggly Wiggly" every day...
Just like the lying pig hypocrites they all are.

I hope that all of those "innocent deer" continue to inflict themselves, Kamikaze-style on all the rich pig hunters' automobiles and kill plenty of the deer-murderers with their suicide-sacrificed bodies...

Let's all hope that fat-ass Papa Hunter with his big deer rifle (to compensate for his micro-penis) is the first to eat shit... Before he can train his incest-begotten "young'uns" how to follow in his wildlife-murdering ways.

"Oh, but then the deer population will grow too much..."

Buncha horse-shit... Or should I say "deer-shit"...

All of you wild-life killers can eat my big fat dick and BURN IN HELL...

Before you get reincarnated as a DEER to get shot and hung from some IGNORANT red-neck's blood-stained Christmas tree.

FUCK anybody who tries to justify their wanton murder of natural wildlife, or eats the flesh of cows, pigs and chickens grown and tortured in corporate industrial agricultural "factory farms"...

You can ALL go to hell for MURDER.

... Just MY "opinion"...

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/13/07 05:11 AM

Well my hubby has been hunting in KY since Saturday and no deer yet.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/13/07 05:19 AM

With guns? Or through the promotion of homosexuality?

I support both.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/13/07 01:22 PM

Rico,

No offense, but....

I can understand that you're upset (to put it mildly) and obviously you do not support hunting. You have every right to your opinion, and I am sure you are not alone. I never understood the fun in it either, yet there is no need for name-calling, put-downs, verbal abuse and racial slurs to people who do.

Like I said, I am not a hunter, I have never hunted, BUT it is a sport (whether you, I or anyone else thinks it's fair or not) and it IS legal. The hunters, as long as they follow the law, are doing nothing wrong, let alone illegal.

Just my opinion!

TIS

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/13/07 05:23 PM

Way to go TIS

Rico, Like TIS says you are entitled to your opinion but I disagree with you. People like to fish, people like to hunt why are you getting all bent out of shape for?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/13/07 05:25 PM

I could really go for a burger.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/13/07 05:28 PM

I can make you a deer burger for ya now if you like. Delish ;\)
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/13/07 05:32 PM

I'd love one, Mig. I love deer "cutlets," breaded and fried just like veal cutlets.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/13/07 05:37 PM

I'll send it right over.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/13/07 05:58 PM

uber lolz

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/14/07 02:28 AM

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/15/07 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
because if you were to not hunt the deer, the population would take care of itself, seeing as there wouldn't be enough food to go around, and the deer population would naturally wind down, where as if they die unnatural deaths, you aren't fixing the problem, just creating a shortcut.

"fixing the problem"?? I assume you are referring to over population of deer. Since human's have eliminated most of the natural predator of deer, it has become man's "responsibility" to control the population. This is a sad fact, but nonetheless reality. To keep a healthy deer population, there must be managed hunting. If deer populations were to go unchecked they would suffer from disease and starvation. Man has become the "natural" predator. Through population management the strong survive and the herds remain healthy.

BTW, last night I had a close encounter on the road with a very large buck with many pointed horns on his head. Major damage would have occured. This time of year they are out looking for the ladies. When they get the scent they don't care if you're driving a semi or a hybrid, they are going to cross that road.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/15/07 08:05 PM

Again, if we were to let the problem work itself out, it would. Too many deer means not enough food. Not enough food equates to starvation, and starvation is death.

Man has been hunting deer for a long, long time. But the deer population has yet to be "corrected" or "fixed". There is still an over population. Deer reproduce whether or not hunting season is in, so the logic is almost entirely flawed. Because we do hunt deer, the struggle for food isn't a very intense one. If we simply let deer fight for their food, it's going to do a hell of a lot more to permanently reduce the population than the gut-driven conclusion that we should just go around hiding in trees and bushes, wiping out whatever comes out way with firearms. Like any alteration made to any species, it's going to take a while. We're going to get there eventually, but going around taking out deer isn't going to help anymore than simply letting the species enter a sort of Darwinistic challenge, so why go about it that way anyway?

I'm not going to tell someone not to go hunting. If you want to hunt, fine, hunt. I just think it's a tad idiotic to attempt to excuse it as simply keeping the population in order. Most people want to go out, kill a deer, mount its head up on a wall, and maybe eat its meat... I can't help but think that someone running through the woods with a semi-automatic weapon trekking for deer doesn't really care if there is a surplus of deer. It just doesn't make sense.

And for the record, man is so advanced on so many fields, we shouldn't have to be the "predator" of anything. We stopped being predators the moment we traded out linen clothes and spears in for designer jeans and TV dinners.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/15/07 08:41 PM

I agree, people don't hunt because they feel an obligation to help the deer population. They hunt because they like the chase and killing.

The deer population thing is a justification given by hunters to people against hunting. It is BS. While it may help the deer population, that is not why people choose to hunt.

I have never hunted, but I know I would probably enjoy it.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/15/07 09:35 PM

Why do you think the good Lord put chickens, cows, deers, pigs etc on the earth for? For the benifet of man.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/15/07 09:38 PM

I believe it is now bow season in Pennsylvania, when deer hunting only by means of archery is permitted. This is kind of popular where I live, and a former neighbor, who is quite skilled at this type of hunting, invited me once to go along. He explained that we were to leave Saturday morning at 4:00 AM, park near the woods around 5:15 AM, hike through the woods with flashlights for another 40 minutes until we get to his spot, which was a couple of sturdy pine trees. We would then climb the trees where his stands were, and wait until the deer come, sometimes until dusk. If you get a clear shot with the bow, you better get ready to move because those deer can haul for a while with an arrow in them.

I declined, slept til 8:30, drank beer and watched football. He came back with a deer that evening. He had a great time, but I would have been bored. Anyhow the deer rendered some tasty steaks, ground meat and bologna.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/15/07 09:39 PM

Why do you think the good Lord put chickens, cows, deers, pigs etc on the earth for? For the benifet of man.

So why did he put rednecks on earth?

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/15/07 09:48 PM

Anyhow the deer rendered some tasty steaks, ground meat and bologna.

Deer bologna????

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/15/07 09:51 PM

When I first read Mig's quote, I thought she said, "For the buffet of man."

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/15/07 09:55 PM

Anyhow the deer rendered some tasty steaks, ground meat and bologna.

Deer bologna????

There's deer jerkey, deer pepperoni and salami and sausage...

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/15/07 10:00 PM

Deer bologna????

There's deer jerkey, deer pepperoni and salami and sausage...

Never heard of it. I suppose it costs only a buck?

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/15/07 10:22 PM

Why did he put them on earth millions of years before putting man on earth?

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/15/07 10:32 PM

Prove that point to me

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/15/07 10:39 PM

Prove that point to me

Would pointing you to literature containing proofs of this point from various scientists in the last century do?

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/15/07 10:50 PM

I'll give you the point that Animals came before man but it wasn't millions of years. Genisis 1 1-31

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/15/07 10:51 PM

Not a chance. Mammals, amphibians, reptiles, and all else in between are nothing. You have to look at the earth as a living thing as a whole, which it is. Assuming there is a higher being, any oxygen emitting life-form exists primarily to prolong the exchange of carbon dioxide for oxygen, hence keeping the earth alive. Animals, particularly humans, have just developed the ego and the id, and because of that we've created this whole "survival of the fittest" thing.

But even after that's all taken into account, this is the year 2007. As humans, we no longer need to rely on a carnivorous food chain to acquire the nutrients our bodies need to maintain themselves. We have developed a civilized society with many medical and technological advances, unlike other animals. Because of this, we are able to cultivate our own fruit and vegetables, produce our own bread, baked goods, and other carbohydrates, and we are able to offer protein, B-12, and other nutrients associated with meat and seafood in pill-form.

The argument you bring forth is merely just another excuse people use to deal with vegetarians. People eat meat because that's what they please to do. And I'm not one to tell people how to go about their diet. I'm not. I'll do my own thing while others do theirs, and I think PETA is a load of shit. But, I'm also not one to put up with bullshit excuses made to bargain with people belonging to opposing ideologies.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/15/07 10:53 PM

I am tempted to say somethings, but it might get me banned. Instead, let me say this. I love you Mignon \:D

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/15/07 11:11 PM

Well bless your heart \:D

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/15/07 11:54 PM

Everyone loves Mig. It is impossible, positively impossible, my friends, to feel otherwise.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/16/07 02:30 AM

Same reason he put commie pinkos on earth.....and why is that you may ask......because He has a sense of humor.

And SC, this man (LLC) is taking this personal and it's only business. ;\)

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/16/07 02:55 AM

^^^^ UBER LOLZ WIF DA IN-JOKEZ!!!!!!

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/16/07 08:15 AM

I'll give you the point that Animals came before man but it wasn't millions of years. Genisis 1 1-31

Is anyone else reminded of "Inherit the Wind"??

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/16/07 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: MaryCas
And SC, this man (LLC) is taking this personal and it's only business. ;\)

I don't think I'm taking this nearly as personal as you seem to think, but wasn't this entire thread founded on the basis of a hunter (Iceman) who took to the comments of a non-hunter (child & mother) personally?

Again, I don't really take it as a personal slam if someone eats meat. Live as you will. Just don't make up secondary-bullshit motives behind your choosing to do what you do.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/16/07 08:38 PM

Now that you mention it, that is what this has become/will become if it persists.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/16/07 09:29 PM

"Do you hear that, friends? Old World monkeys! According to Bertram Cates, we don't even descend from good American monkeys!"

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/17/07 08:13 AM

Holy sh*t I didn't think this thread would reach three pages \:o

Sorry for not posting in my own thread for awhile, but I was deer hunting on Monday & Tuesday then spent all day Wednesday & Thursday in bed sicker than hell.

But I did get my deer Tuesday morning. Obviously I forgot to add that when I go deer hunting it's for the meat as deer meat is damn good. And I do freeze what I get, someone asked me that earlier. I plan on going out tomorrow as well a friend of mine has yet to get one.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/18/07 04:43 AM

Holy sh*t I didn't think this thread would reach three pages \:o

Sorry for not posting in my own thread for awhile, but I was deer hunting on Monday & Tuesday then spent all day Wednesday & Thursday in bed sicker than hell.

But I did get my deer Tuesday morning. Obviously I forgot to add that when I go deer hunting it's for the meat as deer meat is damn good. And I do freeze what I get, someone asked me that earlier. I plan on going out tomorrow as well a friend of mine has yet to get one.

Hope you get another one tomorrow. Be safe and enjoy.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/18/07 12:52 PM

Went out to eat Friday night. They had Venison on the menu. I wanted to order it, but my daughter was grossed out. I knew I'd never be able to eat it in peace, so I went for the Ribeye instead. I asked her why it was OK with her if we ordered dead cow. She gave me a brutally honest answer, "Because they fart pollution."

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/18/07 01:03 PM

I asked her why it was OK with her if we ordered dead cow. She gave me a brutally honest answer, "Because they fart pollution."

Deers don't fart??

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/18/07 07:19 PM

I guess she believes that they don't fart methane. Not sure if they do or not. Either way, she's a pretty funny kid.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/18/07 09:06 PM

She must take after her dad.

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/18/07 10:40 PM

She must take after her dad.

Perhaps she has his sense of humor, but thank God she has my brains. \:p

Re: Anti-Hunters. - 11/19/07 07:11 PM

Went out to eat Friday night. They had Venison on the menu. I wanted to order it, but my daughter was grossed out. I knew I'd never be able to eat it in peace, so I went for the Ribeye instead. I asked her why it was OK with her if we ordered dead cow. She gave me a brutally honest answer, "Because they fart pollution."

But deer have ticks that casrry lyme disease. They offer a bigger threat than methane.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET