Home

Chris Hansen

Posted By: DonVitoCorleone

Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:33 AM

is a worse human being than the people he catches.
Posted By: Just Lou

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:37 AM

Posted By: Mignon

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:37 AM

Why is that?

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:39 AM

He's voyeuristic and disgusting. His show is just absolutely repulsive.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:41 AM

Putting dozens of child molesters behind bars is "repulsive"?
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Mignon
Why is that?

Because he's an evil journalist manipulating the common man with the media.

*cue evil music*

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:43 AM

It seems like he gets the same type of joy out of exposing these predators as the predators do from getting kids to have sex with them. I don't really understand the point of that show. I mean, I know it's good to catch these people, and to protect kids, but honestly, what's the point of televising it? It's sick, really. These are people who have real problems and are struggling with a terrible addiction, the last thing they need is to be embarassed on national television like that.

Chris Hansen is mentally healthy, and gets pleasure from exposing people who aren't. That makes him a worse human being than those people by a long shot. Fuck him.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Just Lou
Putting dozens of child molesters behind bars is "repulsive"?

Not in my books. These perverted scum need to be under the jail or worse.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:45 AM

Fucking underage children is an addiction? Fuck them.

I really don't care if they "have a problem." Serial killers "have a problem" but they shouldn't be free to do their bullshit.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:48 AM

I never said they should be free to "do their bullshit." You're getting angry for no reason.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:48 AM

Originally Posted By: DonVitoCorleone
It seems like he gets the same type of joy out of exposing these predators as the predators do from getting kids to have sex with them. I don't really understand the point of that show. I mean, I know it's good to catch these people, and to protect kids, but honestly, what's the point of televising it? It's sick, really. These are people who have real problems and are struggling with a terrible addiction, the last thing they need is to be embarassed on national television like that.

Chris Hansen is mentally healthy, and gets pleasure from exposing people who aren't. That makes him a worse human being than those people by a long shot. Fuck him.

I don't even know how to respond to this.
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Vercetti
Fucking underage children is an addiction? Fuck them.

I really don't care if they "have a problem." Serial killers "have a problem" but they shouldn't be free to do their bullshit.

Agreed.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:50 AM

I feel he is doing the public a great service. We should see the faces of these pervs. I for one don't give a rats ass if these perverted scum is embaressed or not.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:51 AM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19922038/

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:52 AM

I feel he is doing the public a great service. We should see the faces of these pervs. I for one don't give a rats ass if these perverted scum is embaressed or not.

I don't know if he really sympathizes with pedos, or is just going for shock value. Poor child molesters. They're getting embarrassed on TV.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:53 AM

I'm not angry just because I use strong language. When discussing something that disgusts me, I usually speak bluntly.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:54 AM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19922038/

They should all kill themselves.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:56 AM

You should be angry we all should be angry that these perverted scum molest our children and alot of them get away with it.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:56 AM

This is gonna sound like it has a complete lack of empathy, but I would rather a pedophile pass a bullet through his head then his cock in some minor.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:58 AM

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:59 AM

This is gonna sound like it has a complete lack of empathy, but I would rather a pedophile pass a bullet through his head then his cock in some minor.

I agree with you 100%. Instead of feeling sorry for these scumbags, feel sorry for the kids who get their lives ruined by them.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:06 AM

DVC: "I hate Chris Hansen"

Everybody else: "OMG CHILD MOLESTERS ARE SCUM KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!"

I should've known better.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:07 AM

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:10 AM

DVC HATES JESUS, LOVES CHILD MOLESTERS, AND PROPOSITIONS MIDDLE-AGED WOMEN TO HAVE SEX WITH HIM

KILL HIM

KILL HIM
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:11 AM

I can understand both sides of this argument. I'll preface by saying television is a complete waste of your time, and it may have started out with the intention of creating a valuable information median, but it's sort of evolved into one of the worst inventions of all time. Now it's premier purpose seems to be to entertain the masses with absolute crap that is the equivilent of cheap sex with a hooker to the arts.

I'll agree, his show is a tad pointless, much like the bulk of what's being pumped though that worthless contraption daily. We know that child molesters are sexually accosting children, both online and in person. Is it necessary that we show the same thing on television every week? He could perform the same service he's providing now by running an identical operation off-camera. The show isn't doing anything to keep your kids safe that it wouldn't do off camera. Regardless of whether or not film is present, a sex offender is being caught and put away. So, really, the show would serve a more logical life as a special instead of a series. I don't know if I'd go so far as to call him sick, but I haven't really thought about it before, because I am not a regular fan of the show. I would say Hansen provides a pretty good service, where as his show doesn't provide much service at all, and just continues to fill the public in on what they already know.

My only issue, and this is something that has obviously been touched upon in previous debates on terrorism and the death penalty, is that I can't fucking stand when people have to prove that they are better than criminals, or whatever, by calling them names or doing something similar. There is no need to taunt the criminal; they obviously have something wrong with them, and they're being put into prison so *hopefully* they can get help. Although, I highly doubt the modern American prison system is based upon correction as much as it is contempt. People seem to have the wrong idea when a criminal is incarcerated these days. Every time we get into these sort of conversations and I read the ever so common "this guy was a scumbag" or what have you, it's safe to say I get pretty pissed off. That statement just pretty much completely sums up what's wrong with America's vision of felons. Jail is designed to correct people, not to round up everyone who we view as social inferiors, because they've made a few grievous mistakes.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:11 AM

It's ok DVC, you're an artistic humanitarian intellectual who, if finding out your new neighbor John Q molested your daughter, you would recommend he go to rehab.

Give me a fucking break. It's about now the Pink Floyd lyric resonates in my ear "charade you are."

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:14 AM

Originally Posted By: long_lost_corleone
I can understand both sides of this argument. I'll preface by saying television is a complete waste of your time, and it may have started out with the intention of creating a valuable information median, but it's sort of evolved into one of the worst inventions of all time. Now it's premier purpose seems to be to entertain the masses with absolute crap that is the equivilent of cheap sex with a hooker to the arts.

I'll agree, his show is a tad pointless, much like the bulk of what's being pumped though that worthless contraption daily. We know that child molesters are sexually accosting children, both online and in person. Is it necessary that we show the same thing on television every week? He could perform the same service he's providing now by running an identical operation off-camera. The show isn't doing anything to keep your kids safe that it wouldn't do off camera. Regardless of whether or not film is present, a sex offender is being caught and put away. So, really, the show would serve a more logical life as a special instead of a series. I don't know if I'd go so far as to call him sick, but I haven't really thought about it before, because I am not a regular fan of the show. I would say Hansen provides a pretty good service, where as his show doesn't provide much service at all, and just continues to fill the public in on what they already know.

My only issue, and this is something that has obviously been touched upon in previous debates on terrorism and the death penalty, is that I can't fucking stand when people have to prove that they are better than criminals, or whatever, by calling them names or doing something similar. There is no need to taught the criminal, they obviously have something wrong with them, and they're being put into prison so *hopefully* they can get help. Although, I highly doubt the modern American prison system is based upon correction as much as it is contempt. People seem to have the wrong idea when a criminal is incarcerated these days. Every time we get into these sort of conversations and I read the ever so common "this guy was a scumbag" or what have you, it's safe to say I get pretty pissed off. That statement just pretty much completely sums up what's wrong with America's vision of felons. Jail is designed to correct people, not to round up everyone who we view as social inferiors, because they've made a few grievous mistakes.

Greatest post of all time.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:15 AM

It's ok DVC, you're an artistic humanitarian intellectual who, if finding out your new neighbor John Q molested your daughter, you would recommend he go to rehab.

Give me a fucking break. It's about now the Pink Floyd lyric resonates in my ear "charade you are."

You totally missed the point of my post.

But if my 13 year old daughter were in chatrooms talking about sex with middle-aged men, I'd be a failure as a parent.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:17 AM

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:18 AM

Or an impressionable minor thinks they're meeting a friend their age or thinks they're going into a completely non-sexual situation?

But be honest, if your daughter was molested, not even brought on by what she said or did, but was simply molested, don't sit there and tell me you'd feel sympathy for the person.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:22 AM

Chris Hansen: Hey look everybody! This guy is a scumbag! We lured him in here by acting as a promiscuous 14-year old girl on the internet who was willing to have sex with him! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Look at the poor man cry!

Everybody: Wow! What a piece of shit scumbag! I'm glad there are people like Chris Hansen in this world to protect our children from online predators! Now we don't have to do anything to protect our children! We love you Chris Hansen!

Chris Hansen: (to himself) Yes! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome. Everybody loves me.

Seriously, fuck off.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:26 AM

Seriously, fuck off.

Oh wait, did you say that or did I?

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:27 AM

It appears you miss the point of the show.

Sure a major part of it is entertainment, just like everything in TV. Entertainment and education is all TV is. When it started the main point of it was to show how unsuspecting pedophiles can be, considering everyone just thinks they're creepy dirty lookign guys. The second point is to actually capture them, which is much bigger then the show. Much more are captured then appear on TV, and the only reason the show goes on is because, RATINGS. People watch it and like it. People like seeing bad people loose. So obviously that will continue to air.

And you know what? I like seeing them loose too. I've seen firsthand children break down from being victim to such perversions, so honestly, I take pleasure in seeing what goes around, comes around.

Quote:
Seriously, fuck off.

Thanks for the laugh.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:28 AM

Or an impressionable minor thinks they're meeting a friend their age or thinks they're going into a completely non-sexual situation?

But be honest, if your daughter was molested, not even brought on by what she said or did, but was simply molested, don't sit there and tell me you'd feel sympathy for the person.

Vercetti, you might want to try posting things that are relevant to the thread instead of building up your image as the messiah who tells us it's okay to follow up on our sickest of emotions. It gets old.

As for your question, yeah, if someone molested my daughter, I'd fuck them up badly. Difference is, I wouldn't be proud of it, I wouldn't talk about it, and I sure as hell wouldn't fucking televise it.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:29 AM

I mean really, anyone recall the braniac who was caught TWICE on that show? His only answer being "oops".

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:29 AM

And you know what? I like seeing them loose too.

I feel some sexual innuendo coming on.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:30 AM

Now we don't have to do anything to protect our children!

That is just one way of protecting our children. Parents have to teach their kids about the scum that is out there who will hurt you. Monitor the kids internet use. When my 10 year old is on the computer I am right there seeing what sites he goes on.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:31 AM

So wanting a child molester arrested is a sicker emotion than feeling sorry for one and bashing someone who helps catch these people?

Alright.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:32 AM

Chris Hansen: Hey look everybody! This guy is a scumbag! We lured him in here by acting as a promiscuous 14-year old girl on the internet who was willing to have sex with him! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Look at the poor man cry!

Everybody: Wow! What a piece of shit scumbag! I'm glad there are people like Chris Hansen in this world to protect our children from online predators! Now we don't have to do anything to protect our children! We love you Chris Hansen!

Chris Hansen: (to himself) Yes! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome. Everybody loves me.

Seriously, fuck off.

Wow. Just wow.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:32 AM

And you know what? I like seeing them loose too. I've seen firsthand children break down from being victim to such perversions, so honestly, I take pleasure in seeing what goes around, comes around.

Chris Hansen: We lured him in here by acting as a promiscuous 14-year old girl on the internet who was willing to have sex with him!

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:35 AM

As for your question, yeah, if someone molested my daughter, I'd fuck them up badly. Difference is, I wouldn't be proud of it, I wouldn't talk about it, and I sure as hell wouldn't fucking televise it.

If I cought some sick pervert molest one of my kids I would bash their brains in and I would be proud of it. I would tell the world that there is one less piece of shit on the face of this earth.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Andrew
So wanting a child molester arrested is a sicker emotion than feeling sorry for one and bashing someone who helps catch these people?

Alright.

Wanting a child molester arrested is not a sick emotion, and my problem with Hansen is not the fact that he catches these people. It's the manner in which he does it, the way he carries himself, and how the audience reacts that makes me sick. And the people they catch are not forcing themselves on anybody, they're being lured in.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:39 AM

And the people they catch are not forcing themselves on anybody, they're being lured in.

OK. That's it for me with this thread. You're fucked up.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:41 AM

Vercetti, you might want to try posting things that are relevant to the thread instead of building up your image as the messiah who tells us it's okay to follow up on our sickest of emotions. It gets old.

Obviously you're lost if you think I'm irrelevant, and trust me buddy, the only one using an image on this board is you. You're a pseudo intellectual-artistic-contrarian. Your posts resonate against-the-grain punkesque attitudes just to show you're different.

It's just evident in how you usually try to be cool, collected, and calculating in many of your posts, but if I really irk you in an argument a handful of times you IMed me with an extreme polar opposite of a personality, raging at me. You're entire post history on this board is a charade, you're own personal Tyler Durden.

Go ahead, throw what I say back at me and say I'm the one putting up an act. I'm the hard ass guy being honest and in touch with myself. Burn! Or, tell me to fuck off.

DVC, honestly, I've wanted to tell you this for a long time but lacked the energy for the inevitable bitch-fighting that would ensue, but you're a pretentious twat.

Quote:
And the people they catch are not forcing themselves on anybody, they're being lured in.

Yeah, and that Mack truck driver on the show didn't mean to bring condoms and cocaine with him, Chris lured it out of him.

Lured in, yeah, by their own perverse desires.

Plain and simple, if you're ok in the head and not a child molester, you don't agree to meet with 14 year old girls to have sex.

If I cought some sick pervert molest one of my kids I would bash their brains in and I would be proud of it. I would tell the world that there is one less piece of shit on the face of this earth.

And, again, that's my problem with this entire subject. When you commit an act as heinous as violently beating another person to pieces, and then boasting it with pride, where's the fucking line that separates you from them?

Come on, people. I'm supposed to be the BB's immoral agnostic who walks around not believing in God. Why am I getting this?

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:43 AM

In addition to that, child predators and molesters are obviously acting upon impulses they cannot control. I just saw an episode where a man was caught once, and then proceeded to get caught again the very next day. That just shows how powerful of an addiction that can be, and that these people really do have serious problems. But that doesn't mean they're not human beings, and exposure on a national level can ruin someone's life, or cause them commit suicide.

The entire thing is repulsive.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:46 AM

And, again, that's my problem with this entire subject. When you commit an act as heinous as violently beating another person to pieces, and then boasting it with pride, where's the fucking line that separates you from them?

Come on, people. I'm supposed to be the BB's immoral agnostic who walks around not believing in God. Why am I getting this?

I agree.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:47 AM

Obviously you're lost if you think I'm irrelevant, and trust me buddy, the only one using an image on this board is you. You're a pseudo intellectual-artistic-contrarian. Your posts resonate against-the-grain punkesque attitudes just to show you're different.

It's just evident in how you usually try to be cool, collected, and calculating in many of your posts, but if I really irk you in an argument a handful of times you IMed me with an extreme polar opposite of a personality, raging at me. You're entire post history on this board is a charade, you're own personal Tyler Durden.

Go ahead, throw what I say back at me and say I'm the one putting up an act. I'm the hard ass guy being honest and in touch with myself. Burn! Or, tell me to fuck off.

DVC, honestly, I've wanted to tell you this for a long time but lacked the energy for the inevitable bitch-fighting that would ensue, but you're a pretentious twat.

I didn't know I meant that much to you.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:49 AM

Exactly, and that's why I simply cannot enjoy the show.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:50 AM

Great contrarian reply. Finding satisfaction in someone having a strong distaste for you.
--------

Anyway, for a general sense of the subject, if someone can't help harming people, they belong behind bars. Let Gerald bother Bubba.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:53 AM

I personally don't enjoy it -- it's really just uncomfortable TV for me. Very awkward and all that.

I could enjoy the idea of child molesters (or potential child molesters) being put in prison and out of reach from children.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:54 AM

Let's agree to disagree on this one ok?

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:56 AM

I agree.

I believe you meant, "quite fucking true."

I think that's the point DVC is making though. He's not saying, "Child molesters are perfectly OK people who should be left alone." He's saying that we should give it are all to arrest these sex offenders, but there is something wrong about holding them as inferiors, and taking pride in their dismay.

Really, I don't care what anyone does, whenever you take pride in anyones dismay, something truly fucked up is occurring. We can all agree that when a group of terrorists decide to go out and carry on in a scheme that will potentially kill innocent people, something fucked up has occured. But I think it's just as fucked up to take pride in getting a hold of those people, and causing them pain... "basing their brains in". Sure, maybe that's the route that ultimately had to be taken, maybe not... But either way, it's still really fucked up that we, human beings, one of the most sophisticated species on this planet, have to bring ourselves down to a level in which we are causing one another intentional pain and suffering. There is nothing to be proud of, it's a giant step back in civilization for both sides.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:58 AM

The question is, can these people be rehabilitated? I don't think anybody knows that for sure, that's the tough part of this whole thing. You don't know if they're attracted to young kids exclusively, or if it's simply a fetish they need to be snapped out of through consequence.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 06:00 AM

I think that's the point DVC is making though. He's not saying, "Child molesters are perfectly OK people who should be left alone." He's saying that we should give it are all to arrest these sex offenders, but there is something wrong about holding them as inferiors, and taking pride in their dismay.

Exactly.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 06:02 AM

I agree.

I believe you meant, "quite fucking true."

Really, I don't care what anyone does, whenever you take pride in anyones dismay, something truly fucked up is occurring. We can all agree that when a group of terrorists decide to go out and carry on in a scheme that will potentially kill innocent people, something fucked up has occured. But I think it's just as fucked up to take pride in getting a hold of those people, and causing them pain... "basing their brains in". Sure, maybe that's the route that ultimately had to be taken, maybe not... But either way, it's still really fucked up that we, human beings, one of the most sophisticated species on this planet, have to bring ourselves down to a level in which we are causing one another intentional pain and suffering. There is nothing to be proud of, it's a giant step back in civilization for both sides.

You are teh greats.

I would say the 'f' word but I'd be considered illiterate by some.

Fuck it. Quite fucking true!

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 06:14 AM

I would say the 'f' word but I'd be considered illiterate by some.

hahaha... I almost posted in that thread, but ended up deciding it wasn't worth the waste of my fucking time.
Posted By: bogey

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 07:37 AM

DVC loves child molestors.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 03:35 PM

I haven't seen the show, but it sounds like it's just another form of garbage television for mindless minds to watch in order to make them feel good about themselves and bad about society.

DVC has a good point: this Chris Hansen dude is in it for the fame as much as he is for the common health of society. It's a sad state of affairs when we live in a society that needs to pay for water and make a spectacle out of putting harmful people behind bars. And that's what it is. Propagandising, phony spectacle. Hooray hooray!

That said, this thread was posted, it seems, with the typical intention of not only putting forth an opinion, but doing so with a hyperbolic, teenage need to be shouted at and pissed on. And why? Because DVC knew fine well that even if his opinion was a valid one that others would agree with, the argument that came with it, which lay behind it, was a vacant, empty one, an embodiment of the "OMGLOLZ" generation. Teenagers always rebel, of course, but only morons do it with such shallow haste. It's like me making a thread saying The Godfather is rubbish, and then getting a hard-on once people ask why.

The thread-starting post, in all its vacant attention-seeking, should have at least been in the Post Whoring thread. But of course, DVC knew fine well that he'd ruffle the right feathers and that he'd get replies like "and why is that," " " and all that other shallow garbage.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 04:39 PM

You know me very well.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 05:46 PM

Capo, if you haven't ever seen the show, then how can you comment on it??

As for the show and its star, there is not one thing wrong with it or him, IMO. It puts a name and a face on what is turning into a national epidemic. And do you see the people that have been caught? Rabbis, ministers, teachers?? Did you ever think that perhaps they don't ONLY find their victims on the internet, and that exposing them publicly might bring forth more victims?

Do these people have a problem? Yup. Do they have an addiction? Yup. However, they prey on the young and the innocent, seducing their minds long before they attempt to seduce their bodies. How is it shameful to expose them for what they truly are? Should we hide them under a bush? Should we conduct this business in the dark? By exposing these people for what they truly are, then perhaps victims won't be ashamed to admit they've been victimized. They'll realize they're NOT alone, that they're not the only one that has been victimized in this way.

DVC, what surprises me is not your espousing such an opinion. You're certainly entitled to it. However, what does surprise me is your total disregard for the victims. Do you think this is their first time? Sexual assaults go unreported so often. Why do you think that is? Instead of concentrating on what is done to the predator, why is there no mention of their prey in any of your posts???

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 06:01 PM

Quote:
OMG! Sorry. Just ignore every single thing I said, ever, in this thread. \:p

Seriously, though, keep in mind I was careful to say "it sounds like..." I'll happily be corrected, but forgive me for suspecting a show to be another moralistic, phony, Christian and fascist example of a medium full of putrid passive consumption.

Either way, though, the intention of the concept, the entire premise of the show, still remains. And I am against it. Like I said, it's a sad state of affairs when we have to make a spectacle out of stuff like this - making profit it from it, too. It's also a sad state of affairs, I suppose, that we even need a TV personality - for that's what he now is - to do the jobs that police can't. We're quick to shout "hooray" and "burn in hell" when these guys get caught, but we're also quick to ignore the severe inadequacies of the country's laws we set up in the first place, and even quicker to overlook the fact that, since this is a TV show (pray, tell me if I'm wrong in this instance), a lot of budgeting has gone into it, to fund crews, technicians, runners, Hansen himself, cameramen, sound men, editors, to hire editing suites, to pay for lunches, for breaks, to be hospitable to the crews.

Quote:
By exposing these people for what they truly are, then perhaps victims won't be ashamed to admit they've been victimized. They'll realize they're NOT alone, that they're not the only one that has been victimized in this way.
Then in that case, the primary concern should not be to expose child molestors, but to make as public as possible victims' memories, memoirs and interviews, in the form of published books, written confessions, TV talking heads, and Q&A sessions. You might say, "Yeah, but haven't these people been through enough?" Well, yes, but nobody's forcing them to be brave and come out with their confessions. And I'd imagine if they did that, it'd be a helluva lot more effective and beneficial to other victims than printing child molestors' faces in the daily newspaper.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 06:22 PM

They're creating the crime...and most of the fake kids are NOT 12.

In fact the only reason the show tries to push the age down even as low as 12, is because they want to sensationalize things more. The crime is 17 or 16, but the lower they set the age bar, the more sensational.

They set up a chat with some horny, pathetic dude...and then they engage in dirty flirting.

For any underage girl out there who is sex-chatting some 40 year old dude online, and inviting them over to their house...that girl is already having sex, or having access to sex by other means...and the internet "predators" is the least of their problems.

This show is protecting NOBODY.

These are not the "predators" we really need to be worrying about. These are not "masters of seduction," or organized serial killers, or "collectors." Have you listened to these guys being busted? They're a joke. I am not really even convinced we should be filling up expensive jail space with their worthless pointless clueless bodies. Yeah, they may end up having sex with some underage girl that invites them to their house, but the underage girl that would invite THOSE losers to their house, are GONNA be having sex with SOMEBODY inappropriate, whether it's the neighbor or the leather jacket wearing drug dealer down the street. That particular underage girl having sex with people is clearly the LEAST of the girls's problems. They're already clearly full of problems.

As far as we know, many of these loser guys would most likely back out at the last minute anyway... if actually faced with a 15 year old kid, as opposed to dirty-chatting some big boobed, innocent, but curious fantasy lolita over the internet. It's manufactured crime for the most part, created for people's lowest, voyeuristic, vicarious pleasure, pure and simple.

This kind of law enforcement is like shooting fish in a barrell. Stupid.

Nobody can ever talk realistically about this damn topic, because their goddamn buttons get pushed, and any kind of realistic talk about the sexual behavior and impulses of teenagers, even pre-teens, gets a response like that...

"Oh you're blaming the victim."

"Oh you're justifying their behavior."

Nobody is trying to justify anything.

These people are obviously criminals.

They are a problem.

Are we catching most of them? No.

Are we protecting kids with these kinds of stings? Not a lot.

Are there better ways to protect young kids? YES.

Are there far worse people we should be focusing our attention (and hard spent tax dollars for imprisonment) on? HELL YES.

This type of distorted focus on this type of criminal is purely based on irrational fear, and panic over our inability to keep the innocent 100% SAFE. It's the same moronic, non-logical mentality that pushes people to wiretap everybody...or to make sex offender registries for anybody who commits a crime that has the word "sex" in the title, including statutory rape between minors.

Because we feel so helpless, some people feel the irrational need to pick off the easy to catch bad guys who bear a sort of resemblance to the predators we fear...and heap inordinate abuse on THOSE PEOPLE...for all the predators we could never catch...and all the 6 year old kids who were killed and murdered in unsolved crimes.

Catching these pathetic losers (who are hardly "criminal masterminds" ) and making them register for life, and waste millions in police resources...

It's catharsis. And it makes YOU feel better.

But it doesn't make our kids one damn bit safer.

Maybe we should focus our money and time on things that REALLY make our kids safer...like better monitoring of our own kids' online habits...and more education and supervision for our kids. I know it's not as fun as lynching a 60 year old man with a cheerleader fetish would be, but it might do more good.

The problem is when anybody tries to say anything logical or moderate about this topic, people just go into snap-judgment mode and label it as "blaming the victim" or "making excuses" for the bad guys.

As emotional as people are about these kinds of people, and as unsafe, and as vulnerable as people feel about their children...LOGIC seems to just go out the window.

Parents BEAT their children within an inch of their lives... (many times more likely than STRANGER rape) yet nobody wants THAT person to "register for life"...

But some criminal fondles a 14 or 15 year old girl, and HE gets a LIFE SENTENCE of registering everywhere they live?

And it costs RESOURCES to track all these people...MONEY...

We want to throw all of our fears and anxieties and helplessness on one (deservedly) unpopular group of people, and though they are bad people... they are NOT whom you should be fearing.

If your kid is raised right, how could ANY of these online losers on Chris Hansen's show pose a danger?

Regardless of who initiated the "sex talk," the fake girl is agreeing to meet them.

The show accomplishes very litlle. It's moden day stoning.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 06:56 PM

Why aren't you accepting PMs?

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 06:59 PM

Huh?

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 07:00 PM

Oh crap, just noticed that.

Fixed.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 07:14 PM

What you just stated makes no sense at all to me. How is child abuse relevant to the exposure of pedophiles? You can paint them any way you like, but they are pedophiles. And how are these "14 year old girls" promiscuous, considering that they don't even exist??

Capo, the show is a televised sting. The pedophiles have been chatted with online with someone they think is a young teen or tween. They arrange to meet them for sex. What awaits them is Chris Hansen and a camera crew.

I have no problem with exposing these people, especially due to the high rate of recidivism. They should be exposed for what they are. And no matter that they believe that their partners are consensual, any man who agrees to have sex with a 14 year old should be punished.

As for child abusers not being tagged for life, that's not true, at least not in NY. Any one investigated for child abuse, even if found completely innocent, has an open file until their youngest child is 21 years of age. I feel that's irrelevant to the discussion, but since it was mentioned, I thought I'd clarify.

And do I think that parents need to better safeguard their children? Absolutely. But that's not always easy. You can monitor their activities at home, but can you monitor their friend's computer, or the one at the library? And what if it's completely innocent? Do the people Hansen helps to apprehend always make arrangements in sex chatrooms, or are they on MySpace and other such sites that young people frequent? Is it just one internet encounter that they have, or is it a relationship that builds trust over time?

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 07:17 PM

Quote:
Capo, the show is a televised sting. The pedophiles have been chatted with online with someone they think is a young teen or tween. They arrange to meet them for sex. What awaits them is Chris Hansen and a camera crew.
I know this. My argument above still applies.

Quote:
I have no problem with exposing these people.
For the benefit of the health of society, nor do I.

But I'll still attack the show in the same way that I did.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 07:26 PM

Since my argument against the TV show hasn't been convincingly countered (and probably won't be), I'll chip in on the issue of child molestation in general now.

Everybody of sound mind, once beyond a certain (relative) age, has the ability to choose. Even Beth E, the other day, had a choice at gun-point - to hand over her purse, to fight back, to die, to run, etc.

So:

1) Child molestors at one point make the conscious decision to talk to teenage girls, flirt, seduce, and finally meet up with them. They must take responsibility for this harmful course of events.

2) Victims also make the conscious decision to meet up with paedofiles.

Now, the thing is with point '2' is that the teenage victims are not aware that the other person is a paedofile. But my question here would be (without outright blaming anybody) what is a 12-year-old girl doing on the Internet, or what is a 12-year-old girl doing in a chatroom? It's well known that chatrooms are haven not only for paedofiles, but for sexual desires to unfold, to remain anonymous, to make the decision to forget that the other person may well be a fifty-year-old man.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 07:34 PM

I didn't bother with your views on the show because I don't consider them valid, since you've never seen it.

As for 12 year olds on the internet, without knowing the full extent of what is said between the two, I certainly can't comment on that either. As for choice, at 12, can they make that choice with a full knowledge of the consequences? I don't think so. My daughter is 12, and there are certain message boards that she and her friends "meet" on after school. She has a full understanding that she must never reveal her true name, her location, the name of her school, her age, or any personal information. Although she tends to talk to her friends from school, there are plenty of kids that aren't local as well.

As for victims having a choice, that is pure rubbish. You have a gun in your face, your choices are limited.

Oh, and, btw, I received a text message from DMC the other day, and my daughter told me that I was not setting a very good example about meeting people from the internet.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 07:35 PM

That's definitely to be blamed on parenting, I think. What kind of person with any bit of sense agrees to meet up with anyone that they have never seen before and have only spoken to on a chatroom, for sex?
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 07:49 PM

You notice these predators usually prey on 12-14 year old girls, the time when kids are going through changes. Their hormones are telling them what to do, they aren't thinking with their brain.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 07:53 PM

Quote:
I didn't bother with your views on the show because I don't consider them valid, since you've never seen it.
SB, to be fair, my argument against the show was its intentions, its concept, its premise. Since those things exist before the show is even made, I can still commment on them. I don't think the show needs to exist in order to make society a safer place for our children. I agree with DVC in that it's not solving the problem; it exists only to feed our bloodlust, our very human need to make criminal perpetrators and threats to our children into victims for us to humiliate. It's a good indication of how insecure we are as a species, as a society.
 Quote:
As for 12 year olds on the internet, without knowing the full extent of what is said between the two, I certainly can't comment on that either.
As part of the Internet generation, I will make a point that the Internet is a non-governed, fully open and infinitely accessible process. When we allow our twelve-year-old children on it, we're entering an unofficial contract wherein our children have access to anything they may wish. It is down to parental discretion and trust how far they push their safety parameters... if they are to be allowed on the Internet at all. Should they be? As long as chatrooms and open forums are available to them, probably not, to be honest. This might intrude upon basic human rights, to do as we please, but let's not be naive about this: as long as there are good people in this world, there are still bad people.
 Quote:
As for choice, at 12, can they make that choice with a full knowledge of the consequences? I don't think so.
Whether they "can" or not is irrelevant, so long as they are allowed to. Whether a twelve-year-old is mature enough or capable enough to make a decision about that not knowing the possible or probable consequences is irrelevant, because the fact is that they do.
 Quote:
My daughter is 12, and there are certain message boards that she and her friends "meet" on after school. She has a full understanding that she must never reveal her true name, her location, the name of her school, her age, or any personal information. Although she tends to talk to her friends from school, there are plenty of kids that aren't local as well.
Firstly, her understanding is "full" insofar that you believe it to be. People cannot account for other people's thought process. Secondly, I didn't mean that disrespectfully. Thirdly, may I recommend your daughter use something like MSN Messenger, or AIM? You can only talk to people on there that you already have the email address of - ie. your friends. No strangers, as long as you don't accept their invitations. Unless your daughter is conversing with the said strangers in those chatrooms.
 Quote:
As for victims having a choice, that is pure rubbish. You have a gun in your face, your choices are limited.
But they are choices, right? Beth E chose the right choice, but it was still a choice. Denying that is denying that she is human.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 07:55 PM

You got me all excited to get a PM, and now you're not even sending me one.

Fucker.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 07:58 PM

What happened to the rules on language on the boards?

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone
I wasn't aware there were any. And words which need to be censored are. And to be fair, he was kidding, with me. Think of it like making sexual innuendos back and forth with people with whom you share an understanding.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe

I think he pretty much hit the nail on the head, actually. He did a better job than all of us, who have all seen the show.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/29/07 10:02 PM

What happened to you leaving or whatever?

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 12:35 AM

Don Andrew!! You don't come to The BB and talk to a man like DMC like that! ;\)

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 12:56 AM

Hey...it wasn't me, he said he was gone and make a big fuss out of it...and to come back and police people on board rules after what he did is a little hypocritical. But enough of that.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 01:14 AM

DA, there were many things said by many different people. Personally, I think that this is a terrific place, and find many of the members to be interesting and intelligent, usually a good read. I believe that Geoff's warning indicated that we should all try to watch the bad language, and that we should all try to get along. By trying to resurrect it, are you purposely trying to create disharmony?

As DC would say if he was here, Let's all sing Kumbaya together! \:\)

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 01:19 AM

SB, where did DA try to resurrect that thread? DVC cursed to me, I understood it to be a joke (which it was)...

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 01:20 AM

PS. Kumbaya, my Lord!

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 01:24 AM

Don Andrew is badass.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 01:26 AM

Summary of the thread: Chris Hansen is an unrighteous ugly-souled man who has found a convenient group of pariahs he can stone for personal gain.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 01:27 AM

Hey...it wasn't me, he said he was gone and make a big fuss out of it...and to come back and police people on board rules after what he did is a little hypocritical. But enough of that.

You are SUCH a badass, I mean the way you just defy authority by only saying what you think when other people are there to back you up really makes you the coolest person EVER.

Word of advice little one, you wouldn't have the balls to say any of that to my face. How does it feel being a wise ass on a computer knowing full well you have no balls in real life?

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
SB, where did DA try to resurrect that thread? DVC cursed to me, I understood it to be a joke (which it was)...

Apparently, but DA still felt compelled to make a few comments. I wondered why.

And NONE of it has to do with the topic at hand.

And I believe that topic is - does catching a predator on TV make you a media whore or a hero? Or am I mistaken?

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 01:29 AM

You are SUCH a badass, I mean the way you just defy authority by only saying what you think when other people are there to back you up really makes you the coolest person EVER.

Word of advice little one, you wouldn't have the balls to say any of that to my face. How does it feel being a wise ass on a computer knowing full well you have no balls in real life?

Pretty good I would say.

C'mon a-put 'em up a-put 'em up, a-internet-a tough guy eh?

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: DMC
Word of advice little one, you wouldn't have the balls to say any of that to my face.
Give me a break, give him a break, give all of us a break. Even if he wouldn't, don't be naive enough to muddle face-to-face reality with cyber reality. It's absurd to think people are the same in both realms. And what's with the "little one"? That just makes me laugh, or cringe, or both.
 Originally Posted By: SB
And I believe that topic is - does catching a predator on TV make you a media whore or a hero? Or am I mistaken?
Right. In my opinion, a complete and utter whore. And anybody who watches it and is taken in by it is, frankly, the same.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 01:32 AM

STOP!! This is wrong. Please stop and stick to the topic at hand.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 01:37 AM

balls

!!!

Language!

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 01:39 AM

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 01:39 AM

LLC, Please, can it ever be enough? Everyone needs to just let it go and get back to the topic at hand.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 01:42 AM

[edit]

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 01:43 AM

You know I just can't make it by myself...I'm a little too BLLLIIIINNNDD to seeeee.

Shine your light...shine your light on me!

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 01:44 AM

LLC, Please, can it ever be enough? Everyone needs to just let it go and get back to the topic at hand.

What? Can't we just try being decent?

God, I think all pedophiles are scumbags. I hope they all get AIDS and die. Of an AIDS-attack. A really big AIDS-attack.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 01:47 AM

What? Can't we just try being decent?

God, I think all pedophiles are scumbags. I hope they all get AIDS and die. Of an AIDS-attack. A really big AIDS-attack.

I'm sorry, but did I miss part of your post?? I'm a little confused between what I see on the screen and what I see when I quote your post???

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 01:49 AM

SB, please try and keep on topic.

(You can start by replying to my discussion above.)

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 01:57 AM

Yessir, Capo! Is that the one about whores?? ;\)

I admit that I've watched the show. It's not a habit, I don't watch it regularly, but if I'm flipping through the channels, and it's on, then I'll watch it. Does that make me a bad person? Obviously, I don't think so.

I think that any attempt to shed light on sexual crimes is a good one. Too often, shame and humiliation keep victims from reporting the crime. I think that any way that we can bring these crimes into the open, to make a victim, or future victim, less reluctant to come forward is a good thing.

If I had to guess that the vast majority of the viewing audience watches it for other reasons, then that's something I'm willing to live with if it brings about a greater good.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 03:45 AM

Any show on tv like this one or anything else that helps put these perps in jail is a good thing.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 04:08 AM

Any show on tv like this one or anything else that helps put these perps in jail is a good thing.

And, in all seriousness, why exactly is it a good thing?

I am being completely serious.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 04:11 AM

It is good cuz one less perp is on the street. Which means he/she won't be molesting our children. Do you not agree?

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 04:17 AM

It is good cuz one less perp is on the street. Do you not agree?

Yes, that is good, but what good does it serve as a televised act? Does it provide you new information on sexual predators? Did you not know prior to watching the show that sexual predators are approaching minors via the internet? Would you say that the sting operation works better or has more significance when filmed and presented to an audience, opposed to the effect it would have if done off camera? Are more perps being put away resulting the filming and airing of the show?

And, before this leads to any sort of misconception, I just want to say I am asking in all seriousness. I am honestly intrigued.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 04:49 AM

You can catch pedophiles without televising it.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 04:56 AM

Originally Posted By: bogey

You could. But where's the fun in that.

Oh, but seriously. I am still interested in hearing your responses to my questions, Mig.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 05:01 AM

Rubbish.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 05:07 AM

I mean, THATS the point everyone is avoiding.

SURE, catching the assholes is a good thing. Its a great thing, even.

But why the blue hell does it have to be whored out on TV?

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 05:08 AM

It is good cuz one less perp is on the street. Do you not agree?

Yes, that is good, but what good does it serve as a televised act? Does it provide you new information on sexual predators? Did you not know prior to watching the show that sexual predators are approaching minors via the internet? Would you say that the sting operation works better or has more significance when filmed and presented to an audience, opposed to the effect it would have if done off camera? Are more perps being put away resulting the filming and airing of the show?

And, before this leads to any sort of misconception, I just want to say I am asking in all seriousness. I am honestly intrigued.

1.What good does it serve as a televised act? Well maybe it might get another perp out there to rethink what he is doing.

2. Yes

3. yes I knew that there were internet perps out there.

4. I can't answer that question cuz I don't know how many perps are being arrested by a sting that is not filmed. I hope there is alot.

5. I don't know how many perps are being jailed cuz of this show or any show. Like I said any perp that is being put away cuz of the show or a police sting is great and I stand up and applaud their efforts.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 05:20 AM

I mean, THATS the point everyone is avoiding.

SURE, catching the assholes is a good thing. Its a great thing, even.

But why the blue hell does it have to be whored out on TV?

Stop asking questions lady.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 05:26 AM

Sorry.. I'll just go back to my knitting now.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 05:30 AM

Make me a sandwich while you're at it. Even though your sandwiches suck.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 05:36 AM

You can't handle my sandwiches.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 05:42 AM

What about your goodies?

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 05:45 AM

What about your goodies?

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 02:13 PM

LLC, I think that it has one very, very good point - it puts the face on such a person, it gives them an identity. How many children out there think of such people as "The Boogeyman"? How many wouldn't believe that it could be their teacher, their neighbor, their friend's father? Too many people believe that such a sexual predator must be some filthy, depraved monster on the OUTSIDE as well as on the inside. To see that it could literally be ANYONE is a good thing.

Secondly, as I stated before, it brings such a crime into the light. It allows victims to say, Wow! I'm not the only one! And if it brings them some measure of comfort or courage to come forward, them I'm all for it.

As for invading this pedophile's privacy and ruining their lives, I don't believe that they have such a right. When they contacted an underage person on the internet for sex, then they lost those rights. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 05:28 PM

1.What good does it serve as a televised act? Well maybe it might get another perp out there to rethink what he is doing.

But, wouldn't you agree that child molesters have some sort mental irregularity? They are mentally ill, and have strong sexual urges for children... I highly doubt the show would get them to change their minds, but even if it did, they would just be suppressing these urges... And then they would build up and possibly explode into something known as the "Travis Bickle effect".

Quote:
2. Yes

What particular new information did it serve you?

Quote:
3. yes I knew that there were internet perps out there.

Well, I can't go much further with that one.

Quote:
4. I can't answer that question cuz I don't know how many perps are being arrested by a sting that is not filmed. I hope there is alot.

The sting would work just as well, if not better, off camera. The presence of the camera won't really negatively effect the operation. The fact that it's televised just helps the offenders in the slightest way; the know how the sting operation works now.

Quote:
5. I don't know how many perps are being jailed cuz of this show or any show. Like I said any perp that is being put away cuz of the show or a police sting is great and I stand up and applaud their efforts.

I'm sure they jail many. I think it was Vercetti who pointed out that they actually jail much more than appear on the show. So, I'm sure there are several operations like this, and I'm sure they're all successful. But, only one is being aired.

I think that the show would have made more sense as a one-night special than as a continuing series.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 05:34 PM

But, wouldn't you agree that child molesters have some sort mental irregularity? They are mentally ill,
Something has to be wrong with these perps. Mental or not I still say they should be exposed and put away.

Re: Chris Hansen - 07/30/07 05:38 PM

Yes, my point exactly. I think it's better that they're put away or receive some sort of help, opposed to "changing their mind" upon seeing the show. I'd rather have them put away than have them suppress everything and then explode later down the line.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET