Home

I'm back.......for a while at least

Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

I'm back.......for a while at least - 02/15/07 04:47 AM

I know I swore retirement, but I (and I'm sure a few others) knew it would end up being more of a vacation. I came back for sympathy though (haha) and out of habit, to calm my nerves.
I broke my collarbone snowboarding on Saturday. I was leaning too far back on a wallride, slid out, popped off the wall and stuck my hand out to catch myself. Probably a 15-20 foot drop strait onto my hand, which shoved it up into my body, snapping the bone right in half.

I found out today that I'll be getting surgury on Monday. Its not vital, it'll heal fine w/o the surgery, but it will heal better and w/ less pain if I get it pinned. I've never had surgury in my life, and I always thought people were pussies for being nervous about it. "Ah come on, its not a heart transplant, what is there to worry about?" But I have to admit, I'm a little freaked out by it now, especially as the date draws nearer.

Anyway, the place looks nice.
Posted By: bogey

Re: I'm back.......for a while at least - 02/15/07 05:03 AM

OH EM GEE! I haven't talked to you in F-O-R-E-V-E-R!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: I'm back.......for a while at least - 02/15/07 05:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone
I know I swore retirement, but I (and I'm sure a few others) knew it would end up being more of a vacation. I came back for sympathy though (haha) and out of habit, to calm my nerves.
I broke my collarbone snowboarding on Saturday. I was leaning too far back on a wallride, slid out, popped off the wall and stuck my hand out to catch myself. Probably a 15-20 foot drop strait onto my hand, which shoved it up into my body, snapping the bone right in half.

I found out today that I'll be getting surgury on Monday. Its not vital, it'll heal fine w/o the surgery, but it will heal better and w/ less pain if I get it pinned. I've never had surgury in my life, and I always thought people were pussies for being nervous about it. "Ah come on, its not a heart transplant, what is there to worry about?" But I have to admit, I'm a little freaked out by it now, especially as the date draws nearer.

I had the EXACT same break over 20 years ago and chose not to get it pinned, I wore that stupid strap that was supposed to "mend" it naturally.
It healed fine and I had no problems for a long time, but now that I'm getting a little bit older, I've lost some mobility.
So, you might want to get it pinned.
Posted By: manicmontana

Re: I'm back.......for a while at least - 02/15/07 05:10 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

I had the EXACT same break over 20 years ago and chose not to get it pinned, I wore that stupid strap that was supposed to "mend" it naturally.
It healed fine and I had no problems for a long time, but now that I'm getting a little bit older, I've lost some mobility.
So, you might want to get it pinned.

same here i had the same break when i got hit by a car..i wore the strap and to this day feel a little bit of pain
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: I'm back.......for a while at least - 02/15/07 07:07 AM

Well well well. We have an x-ray of you, a picture of you snowboarding like a tiny dot in a white background and still no picture of you. I just thought I should remind you that!

Hey welcome back and good luck!
Posted By: klydon1

Re: I'm back.......for a while at least - 02/15/07 01:07 PM

That's a nasty fracture.
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: I'm back.......for a while at least - 02/15/07 03:22 PM

Good to see you back,sorry about the break,looks painful
Posted By: long_lost_corleone

Re: I'm back.......for a while at least - 02/15/07 04:49 PM

I broke my foot once.

A word of advice: never jump off the top of a set of bleachers.

It was painful. And the average IQ in my corner of upstate New York is about potatoe (not equal to a potatoe, they think potatoe is a number. Please save me.) both the school nurse and the phys. ed. teacher told me to "walk it off".

Anyways, it sucks, I know. But good luck with surgeory.
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: I'm back.......for a while at least - 02/16/07 01:37 AM

Poor DSC!! I'm sure you know that everything will be okay, so I don't have to tell you that-- but it's still a nervous thing, I totally understand. I'd be scared too. But I hope you recover quickly and completely, and my thoughts are with you come Monday!

I missed you, by the way. Hang out a bit this time, yeah?
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: I'm back.......for a while at least - 02/20/07 05:43 PM

Well, I seem to have survived, so thats a good thing. It hurts like hell, and my shoulder is taped up in a way that makes me feel like Frankensteins monster, but the bones arent smashing together every time I take a step, so things are on the rise.
Glad to see a few people still know who I am haha

LLC- I dont know if you were around about 4 years ago when I fucked up my back, but it was when I was still living on the western slope of Colorado. The town I lived in idolizes Larry the Cable guy, so that should give you an idea as to thier intelect level. I posted a big angry rant right after it happened, but among other things, they asked me if I was pregnant. Now, it begins to make one worry when your hospital cannot distinguist between male and female
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET