Home

Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? ...

Posted By: TonyD

Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? ... - 02/03/07 02:17 AM

Saluti,

Came across the website below.
It is a site that provides geographic maps (in flash) that allows a group of people to plot where they live.

As people add their names, you can see graphically plotted on a map of the world where everyone in the group (forum, etc) is located.

I thought that considering this is one of the more "worldly" forums around, it might be interesting to see just how diverse the GBB is.
(btw: Don Malta, I think the map is embeddable as well).

The URL is ... http://www.frappr.com/

For what it's worth ....

Regards,
Tony
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? ... - 02/03/07 02:38 AM

I was thinking about doing this - thanks for reminding me!
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? ... - 02/03/07 03:32 AM

It's funny you bring this up TonyD, just recently I believe I mentioned it to Geoff when we were talking about the BB meet. This board as such a large number of posters, from almost everywhere, it'd be interesting to see on a map just how wide spread this group is.

I ran into a problem right away of course I clicked on that link......like not being able to move the pin to scroll over to CA. That map's a little discriminating isn't it??

Anyway, it's good idea.

TIS
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? ... - 02/03/07 03:38 AM

Yeah J Geoff, is that something you could add to the site? That would be really cool.

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 06:55 AM

Hopefully I did this right...

I added a link in the left-side nav for GBB Members Map...

I'll tweak it later, but, let's make sure it works first.

Please use your Display Name here as your name.
Feel free to use your avatar as your photo. Download it from here, then upload it to there...

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 07:13 AM

This thing is a bit of a pain in the butt so far... it's guessing my location WAY off... and once I told it the town I lived in, I can't seem to move it to my general area. Ahh well, guess that's for the better. But still can't find how to edit your location yet...

Will play with this more later, tho...
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 12:55 PM

Thats cool,done it
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 01:13 PM

Yeah I'm on
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 04:23 PM

I just added myself!

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 07:37 PM

I'm there too... I feel lonely all by myself on the West Coast though.

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 08:33 PM

Well me and Turi are all on our own across the ocean..

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 08:49 PM

Should be easier to use now that I made the map bigger...

BTW - you can click and drag on the map to move it around if you didn't notice... as well as zoom in/out.

I just wish it'd stop asking me to add myself! And in the wrong city for that matter! lol

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 09:05 PM

Yea, I did it! Bibble you're no longer the only one in CA. We still have to get Zia, SB, and Corpuzzi to sign it. It won't seem so lonely.

It appears, however, that I don't know how to spell "sunny". Really I do. How the heck can I edit it??? Stupid! Stupid Stupid me.

TIS

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I just wish it'd stop asking me to add myself! And in the wrong city for that matter! lol

I always asks me as well..

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
It appears, however, that I don't know how to spell "sunny". Really I do. How the heck can I edit it??? Stupid! Stupid Stupid me.

I'm still trying to figure out how to edit the captions myself -- I had to email support to ask them! Will let you know when I find out. But in the mean time, enjoy suny California! (BTW, it's suny here, too, in NJ -- but it's like 17° )
Posted By: DonPacino

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 09:46 PM

Wow three us over in England!

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 09:48 PM

We just need Yogi to join and we'll have an army..
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 10:06 PM

I'm in!!

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 10:14 PM

Geoff,

Let me know when/if you find out how to edit. It bugs me not being able to change it.

Off topic, there's no "suny" weather in Michigan right now. I just now spoke to my parents and my brother and they said there is a huge blizzard. Malls and churches are even closed. It's 10 degrees right now and nobody is driving anywhere it seems.

TIS
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: DonPacino
That's a very nice signature you have there.

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 10:17 PM

Off topic, there's no "suny" weather in Michigan right now.

Nor in Florida! But luckily my parents were outside the range where those killer tornadoes wrecked havoc yesterday!

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 10:21 PM

The weather in Norwich is fantastic. It's cold on a nighttime, but through the day it's very dry, very clear, very crisp, as winter moves into autumn. Not a cloud to be seen at all. I saw three planes in the sky at the same time today, all were at different heights and miles and miles apart from one another, but all were kind of intersecting, and their smoke trails were all orangey with the sun shining on them. It as beautiful.

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
as winter moves into autumn.

Not just your driving and spelling, but your seasons are backwards, too??

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 10:29 PM

I should really add to it to show I'm a real fan.

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 10:33 PM

Winter to spring. Whatever.

Shut up.

How embarrassing.

Yeah.

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 10:35 PM

How come you're a fan living all the way down there?

Roeder needs to go, or not? I'm not entirely sure. I live with a West Ham supporter, and he said in September when I first met him that Roeder would take us down, just like he did West Ham. I don't know; I'm a fan of giving people a chance, but come on, we're a shadow of what we used to be.

I think we should hire Fabio Capello. Rumour has it he's a Geordie.

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 10:55 PM

How come you're a fan living all the way down there?

Roeder needs to go, or not? I'm not entirely sure. I live with a West Ham supporter, and he said in September when I first met him that Roeder would take us down, just like he did West Ham. I don't know; I'm a fan of giving people a chance, but come on, we're a shadow of what we used to be.

I think we should hire Fabio Capello. Rumour has it he's a Geordie.

I'm living down in Southampton because I moved when I was younger. I'm still a fan but get alot of stick. I think Roeder broke a lot of promises when we didn't buy a striker and I'm not sure what this Oneywu(sp) can do. You're right about us being a shadow of what we used to be but Souness had a lot to do with that! Yea Capello's orginally from Whitley Bay he used to live next to me.

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 11:06 PM

I'm from Gateshead, but I'm living in Norwich because I moved to Uni of East Anglia in September to study.

I remember watching Football Italia Gazetta on a Saturday morning on Channel 4 once, and James Richardson interviewed Capello (when he was manager of AC)...

Richardson: "What do you miss most in life?"
Capello: "Probably all of the beautiful girls back in Whitley Bay."

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/03/07 11:13 PM

Richardson: "What do you miss most in life?"
Capello: "Probably all of the beautiful girls back in Whitley Bay."

Lol some say he even had girls in North Sheilds.
Posted By: Signor Vitelli

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/04/07 12:07 AM

Tried that map link a couple of times, and boy, what a pain in the neck!

It seems to never stop loading, and when I was finally able to exit the site, I was unable to open any other web pages - all I got was a blank white screen. I kept having to exit the Internet then go back on. Sheeesh!

I'm wondering if that site is really only for people with high-speed Internet capabilities (unlike me).

Anyone else have problems like this?

Signor V.

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/04/07 12:29 AM

Wow, that hardly even makes sense. The entire page is only like a 50k Flash file. Hopefully it was just a bad coincidence. Next time you reboot your machine give it another shot.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/04/07 03:03 AM

I'm still trying to figure out how to edit the captions myself -- I had to email support to ask them! Will let you know when I find out. But in the mean time, enjoy suny California! (BTW, it's suny here, too, in NJ -- but it's like 17° )

It's very strange. You can edit your picture, edit your profile, but you cannot seem to edit your caption.

Goeff, are you going to add the map to this website? I thought that I saw something on there that allows you to add the map to your website.

Don Cardi

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/04/07 06:13 AM

LOL this website is hilarious! It's like a big joke on the world in which we all go crazy trying to change our caption. I never even "signed up" but somehow I had an account and had to have the password sent to my email. Funny how I never even had that option of CHOOSING a password lol

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/04/07 06:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Goeff, are you going to add the map to this website? I thought that I saw something on there that allows you to add the map to your website.

There's a link to the map in the left-hand-side Links island... I don't think embedding the map directly would work too well...
Posted By: afsaneh77

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? ... - 02/04/07 08:02 AM

I'm there.

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/04/07 01:21 PM

There's a link to the map in the left-hand-side Links island... I don't think embedding the map directly would work too well...

There is? I must be blind. I can't seem to find it.

Don Cardi

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/04/07 04:49 PM

I think that I may have figured out how to edit your caption. You need to go into MY PHOTOS and then delete your photo. Then upload it again and underneath that you should see a box that says "TAGS"(seperated by spaces) and you just re-type your caption.

I tried this and am waiting to see if it works. It seems as though the sight takes a while to update any editing that you do.

Well see.

Don Cardi
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/04/07 05:34 PM

There is? I must be blind. I can't seem to find it.
Can you still not find it, DC?

It's in the link box right below the Shout Box - "Site Links" - and it's called 'GBB Members Map.'

I really like this map - it's very fun! Thanks to svsg for not leaving me all alone in Texas. haha
Posted By: svsg

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/04/07 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

I really like this map - it's very fun! Thanks to svsg for not leaving me all alone in Texas. haha

I believe Olivant and Irishman are also in Texas, although Irish hates it
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/04/07 10:58 PM

Sorry guys, it's loading forever.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/05/07 02:26 AM

Ok, I forgot to change the location on my pin, but instead of modifying my address it created another pin. So now I'm there twice. Anyone know how to delete one of them?

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/05/07 05:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Beth E
Ok, I forgot to change the location on my pin, but instead of modifying my address it created another pin. So now I'm there twice. Anyone know how to delete one of them?

I can do it - you want Elkton or Baltimore?

And how did you end up with green squares?

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/05/07 11:26 AM

Originally Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

It's in the link box right below the Shout Box - "Site Links" - and it's called 'GBB Members Map.'

Thanks Gina, I see it now. I must be getting old. Gotta go and get the eyes checked.

EDIT : BTW, I thought that I had figured out how to change the captions, but what I tried didn't work.

Don Cardi

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/05/07 12:03 PM

Baltimore.

There were 2 options to select in the beginning. Green squares is 1 of them.

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? ... - 02/05/07 01:37 PM

What's this about green squares? I guess it's better than pink elephants.

I too received a password in my e-mail. I figure I had to join first in order to post my location. Do I really need this password for anything? I guess for some of us, (me), something so easy is soooooooo complicated.

TIS

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? ... - 02/05/07 01:43 PM

I used to see pink elephants. That was usually after a couple joints though.

How do you modify? I know I put a shout out on my Baltimore location but it's not showing up.
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/05/07 05:16 PM

I can do it
JG-mаybе you can also place me there?

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/05/07 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Beth E
Baltimore.

There were 2 options to select in the beginning. Green squares is 1 of them.

All right - the thing is so confusing, I tried to remove the wrong one and it deleted the right one. Then I deleted both, but the wrong one is still showing up in the admin panel, but neither are on the map. You'll have to do it again, sorry.

Your caption was on the wrong one anyway -- I haven't received an email yet from support on how to change them. As for the green square, I was going to use that for other locations. I've disabled that for now, until I figure out how to do that.

I figure I had to join first in order to post my location. Do I really need this password for anything?

I believe if you actually register you can create a profile and whatnot there, and also add yourself to other maps. Probably not necessary, but if you don't register, I don't know if you can ever edit it later...

Originally Posted By: JustMe
JG-maybe you can also place me there?

I'm not really sure I can... I tried to add "places" before and it wouldn't let me do anything. Still waiting on support...

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/05/07 06:29 PM

PS - It really is nice to see everyone's avatars on the map. You lazy ones can just save your avatar to your desktop, then upload it to the frappr site.

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/06/07 01:13 AM

Here are the non-trilling answers Frapper sent me:

1) How can I add Places of interest to my map?

At this time each person can only add one pin to any map. It is possible that in the future we will add the ability to add multiple pins again.

2) How can I change the caption underneath my photo?

This is not possible. You must delete and reload the photo.

3) Is it possible to not have the map start off by scrolling through the members?

No, we have not offered this option yet. The pin playback stops as soon as anyone clicks anywhere on the map, so hopefully they will understand that and stop it when they want a static view!
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/06/07 03:21 AM

Geoffy,

Can you see that I joined? I ask this cuz I see mine when I first get on the site then after it goes through all of them it skips mine and goes straight to the next one.

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/06/07 06:34 AM

I see you, Miggie - you come up #1!
Posted By: Antihero

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? ... - 02/06/07 02:41 PM

I suppose i´m the only Viking, around here..
Posted By: TonyD

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/11/07 06:49 PM

It might be helpful for everyone to make sure that they are running the most recent version of Flash Player that their system can handle.

From what I can tell from a brief search of the net, it appears that Frappr might work best with at least Flash v.8 or above.

If you want to check your Flash version, going to this page will automatically display your version for you ...

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_15507

BTW: the most recent version is v.9.0.28.0

If you do reinstall or upgrade your flash ... make sure you *uncheck* the box that also installs Yahoo Toolbar at the same time, which is a program that Adobe has bundled with the Flash installation. (rather unseemly bedfellows)

(if you do inadvertently install yahoo toolbar and do not want it, it is a simple matter to remove it from the "Add/Remove Programs" function in your computers Control Panel)

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/11/07 06:52 PM

Thanks for the tip, TonyD As I cannot see even dial-up users having a problem w/ the Flash as it's not all that big.

I, however, quite enjoy my Yahoo toolbar...
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/11/07 10:14 PM

Wow, the site already knows where you are before you type anything. The dirty spies!

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/11/07 11:59 PM

Usually. Although it keeps thinking I'm about 50 miles away from where I really am... (Umm, there's a difference between Dover, NJ, and Dover Township, NJ, Frappr... )

Posted By: bogey

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/12/07 04:28 AM

Usually. Although it keeps thinking I'm about 50 miles away from where I really am... (Umm, there's a difference between Dover, NJ, and Dover Township, NJ, Frappr... )

Geoff, I'm in Morgantown, and it keeps telling me I'm in Philadelphia. That's a good 300 miles.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Plot all Gangster BB members on a World Map ?? - 02/12/07 04:37 AM

It told me I was in Youngstown
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET