Home

Need to kill some time?

Posted By: J Geoff

Need to kill some time? - 10/28/06 01:59 AM

Lets list here all the addictive interactive things we can do online.

I'll start:

Google Image Labeler
http://images.google.com/imagelabeler/

A real time-killer and also helps Google out! You are paired up live with a partner and in 90 seconds must match descriptions of as many pictures as possible. Pretty addicting, but make sure your spelling is good cuz you gotta MATCH words!

Line Rider
http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sledhackedvx0.swf

Totally addicting! Draw a patch for your penguin to sled down, and press Play. After that, you'll figure it out. Try not to hurt the little bugger too badly... I've seen some pretty amazing and complex runs on You Tube.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Need to kill some time? - 10/28/06 02:21 AM

The google thing was fun, but I didn't love the penguin. Maybe because I felt I was causing him too much pain. Thanks for sharing, JG.
Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: Need to kill some time? - 10/28/06 02:44 AM

Even though I'm apparently anonymous as "Guest," I feel like my partner's going to hate me for not doing better.

And I don't know what I'm doing with the penguin.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Need to kill some time? - 10/28/06 02:49 AM

Woo hoo! I got 900 on the word game!

Poor penguin, though...

*****EDIT*****
Just got 1000!

Re: Need to kill some time? - 10/28/06 02:54 AM

I'm finding myself simply saying "man" for a picture of any guy, and my partner usually says the same...at least I don't have to think much.

This is addictive. Thanks a lot, Geoff.
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: Need to kill some time? - 10/28/06 03:05 AM

Poor, poor penguin. He looked pretty beat up by the time we were finished. My daughter got some serious giggles making him flip over. We had to make sure he was still blinking so that we knew he wasn't dead.

The top score on google image was 900. I don't know if that's not bad for a beginner, or completely and totally pathetic.
Posted By: XDCX

Re: Need to kill some time? - 10/28/06 03:17 AM

Got 1200...in 9th place for the day!

Re: Need to kill some time? - 10/28/06 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By: XDCX
Got 1200...in 9th place for the day!

Be my partner...Godfather?

Edit: 1000!!! I had a good partner...we were totally in tune.
Posted By: SC

Re: Need to kill some time? - 10/28/06 02:42 PM

That Google game is a lot of fun and very interesting.... I'd love to see what my partner's answers were (after the test was done).

I tried it about ten times and scored an 1100 with one partner! I had two partners with whom I didn't get any points. Toatl f*ckin' strangers and I wanted to strangle them (for not matching me).

Re: Need to kill some time? - 10/28/06 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
I'd love to see what my partner's answers were (after the test was done).

Hmmm.... if you check out the matches (after you're done with the test) and hold your mouse pointer over the image you get to see your partner's choices. Cool!
Posted By: Jimmy Buffer

Re: Need to kill some time? - 10/28/06 03:36 PM

The Google thing is a lot of fun. Thanks for the tip SC. I was just wishing the exact same thing about wondering what my partner's choices were.

It drives me crazy when I get a partner who has only 1-2 guesses for each picture. I've usually got 3-4 guesses in a matter of seconds. You also have to use simple words too. If you type man or woman for pretty much every picture, you're usually set. 1100 is my highest so far.

Re: Need to kill some time? - 10/28/06 06:52 PM

I was up half the night doing that damn Google thing - and I kept getting the same damn person who used the same 20-letter words I never heard of over and over lol

Re: Need to kill some time? - 10/28/06 07:57 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

I was up half the night doing that damn Google thing - and I kept getting the same damn person who used the same 20-letter words I never heard of over and over

That was YOU on the other end?????

Re: Need to kill some time? - 10/28/06 08:44 PM

Geoff, I saw you listed under "Today's Top Pairs," for a bit!

Re: Need to kill some time? - 10/28/06 09:07 PM

Nerd!!!

Re: Need to kill some time? - 10/28/06 11:29 PM

I had a busy night
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Need to kill some time? - 10/30/06 09:31 PM

I tried the matching game. When I check my partner's answers, I see some common answers such as diphosphonate, carcinoma, forebearance and bequeathing.
Are we the only normal people on the whole internet?

I bet Al Gore didn't envision this when he invented the internet.

Re: Need to kill some time? - 10/30/06 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: klydon1
diphosphonate, carcinoma, forebearance and bequeathing.

Those are the same words I was getting -- for like everything! But they still included some "normal" words that actually described the photo.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET