Home

My Board Scrapbook

Posted By: SC

My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 11:54 AM

After taking a stroll down Memory Lane I thought I'd share some photos with you. Enjoy!

(from left to right): Turnbull, SC, Saladbar, TIS, plawrence, Geoff)

Attached picture 2-godfathergroup.jpg

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 12:02 PM

The dinner group in Itasca, Illinois. September 11, 2004

(from left to right): Mikey Montana, Don Cardi, La Dolce Vita, Lori, TIS, Geoff, SC, Don Sicilia

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 12:03 PM

Don Sicilia pondering a point at our dinner in Chicago:

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 12:04 PM

Geoff and La Dolce Vita enjoying dinner:

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 12:06 PM

Don Cardi offering his ring (to be kissed) in Chicago:

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 12:08 PM

TIS, Lori and Geoff hamming it up. After Lori grabbed Geoff's chest, TIS is warning her not to try it.

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 12:11 PM

Sometime in 2005. Somewhere in Jersey.

(from left to right): SC, Geoff, Turnbull, plawrence

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 12:13 PM

Don Smitty and Mikey Montana share a laugh. Mikey cracks EVERYONE up!

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 12:15 PM

Geoff with this moderators. August, 2005 in New Jersey.

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 12:18 PM

Don Cardi presented Geoff a fish (representing Luca Brasi's bulletproof vest with a fish in it) to celebrate his having been online for ten years. plawrence looks on. August, 2005 in New Jersey.

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 12:19 PM

Geoff and AppleOnYa at the sitdown in New Jersey. August, 2005

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 12:21 PM

Sicilian Babe and Mr. Babe. Great couple! August, 2005

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 12:22 PM

Geoff, Lori and Don Cardi after a few drinks. One of my favorite pictures. August, 2005

Posted By: Obsessed With The GodFather

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 12:24 PM

Wow the pic's are great SC.
It's nice to see what we look like, One of these days i will do the same!

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 12:24 PM

Mignon and SC. New Jersey, August, 2005

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 12:26 PM

Mignon and daughter, Becky.... our party-planners! August, 2005

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 12:27 PM

The Babes, Becky, Mig and Geoff busting a move. August, 2005

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 12:31 PM

Don Cardi out to prove those rumors about "little blue girly drinks" is false. Here is his "last call". August, 2005

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Obsessed With The GodFather

It's nice to see what we look like, One of these days i will do the same!

I look forward to it!

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 12:42 PM

Hmmm.... I think I reached my download limit.

I'll post more later.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 01:45 PM

Ha ha! Look how Cardi is staring so intently at those drinks, trying to decide which one to down first. Geoff looks like he's trying to smoke a cigaret sideways (I assume that's a straw), as SC tries to direct him to the straw. What a drunken crew!!!

Great pictures SC!!!! No matter where we all are ten years from now, I'm sure all theose memories will stay with us forever.

TIS
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 04:01 PM

Yeah they really are great pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Double-J

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 05:18 PM

Gee, where have I seen these before?
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 05:42 PM

SC, Thank you so much for sharing those. Seeing Paul and Geoff with those fish that DC brought! That was the first time I ever met you guys. How lovely to see it all again.

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 05:46 PM

Brings back some nice memories, doesn't it?

I remember meeting you and Mr. Babe for the first time then (at the bar before dinner). Mr. told a story about the doctor and I knew then that it was like I knew you two all along.

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Brings back some nice memories, doesn't it?

I remember meeting you and Mr. Babe for the first time then (at the bar before dinner). Mr. told a story about the doctor and I knew then that it was like I knew you two all along.

The night we went to the track for dinner without reserving a table, and the host was convinced that Mr. Babe was a doctor who had made reservations! Never had a better table in our lives! When you guys saw the humor in that story, we knew we fit right in.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 07:52 PM

Looks like someone's trying to bump his post count!

Tip: You can attach more than one attachment to a post. However, I'm not sure what the limit is.

Great shots, tho!

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff

Tip: You can attach more than one attachment to a post. However, I'm not sure what the limit is.

I tried it but found it unwieldly (by putting descriptions of the pix in it). I'm gonna swirch these over to my own host anyway (so they'll be immediately viewable instead of having to link to them).

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 08:56 PM

I tried it but found it unwieldly (by putting descriptions of the pix in it). I'm gonna swirch these over to my own host anyway (so they'll be immediately viewable instead of having to link to them).

Good point about the captions - never mind! I'll have to recommend that for a future version.

However, if you're gonna host them elsewhere and display them on the page, you better resize them first...

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 10:15 PM

Adding a few more (stealing others' pix):

(Don Sicilia's pic) The whole dinner group in Chicago. plawrence was unable to make that trip but was with us in spirits... he sent us a bottle of champagne:

(Geoff's pic) The lounge group in New Jersey (2005). Standing, from left to right, AppleOnYa, Lori, Becky, Mignon. Seated, Don Cardi, Geoff, SC

(Geoff's pic) Don Cardi and AppleOnYa

Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 10:56 PM

Sometime in 2005. Somewhere in Jersey.

(from left to right): SC, Geoff, Turnbull, plawrence

That was in the Corleone dining room. look at the doors in the background and the layout of the room itself.

Actually that is the same BYOB place in New Jersey that we had dinner with Paul at the last time we got together. Sorrentos.

Don Cardi

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 11:08 PM

Couldn't remember the name of that place. Thanx.

Here's two more.

SC kicking Sicilian Babe out of the restaurant after she got rowdy over her frozen dessert:

plawrence taking a ciggy break... Lantana's Restaurant, Secaucus, NJ. I made a big deal out of covering up his bald spot when I showed him this pic. Its hard to believe he's gone 2½ weeks already.

Posted By: ginaitaliangirl

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 11:46 PM

Watching baseball...I love it.

Thanks, SC.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/22/06 11:47 PM

Do you guys plan each get-together in public. Because you seem to have met up more than I first thought. How many times is it now? If that's feasible.
Posted By: The Italian Stallionette

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/23/06 12:12 AM

Hi there Capo!! As long as I've been a member here, there has been a BB "meeting" once a year. However, don't forget most (or many) are from the NY/NJ area and it's easy for them to have dinner/get-togethers more than that. Personally Capo, I would look forward to the day when you could possibly join us. Or, who knows, on our BB meet in Sicily we could all meet up eh??

TIS

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/23/06 12:19 AM

Well, we meet a few times a year. There was dinner in June in NJ and Philly in August. I PERSONALLY haven't been invited to anything else, but I heard that there are sporting events that the MEN attend together sometimes.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/23/06 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Well, we meet a few times a year. There was dinner in June in NJ and Philly in August. I PERSONALLY haven't been invited to anything else, but I heard that there are sporting events that the MEN attend together sometimes.

She knows too much!

First rule of breakfast club is don't talk about Breakfast Club

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/23/06 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra
Do you guys plan each get-together in public. Because you seem to have met up more than I first thought. How many times is it now? If that's feasible.

We actually have gotten together for a weekend on a yearly basis since 2004. As for the dinners, well I know that I have attended about 9 or 10 in the last 3 years. And I know that there were a couple in between that I was unable to attend.

As for Sicilian Babe's rant about "the men" getting together for a baseball game, well don't let her fool you. We had only one this past summer because I purchased a block of tickets to a Brooklyn Cyclones game, which is the minor league affiliate of The New York Mets. SC, Plaw, Signor Vitelli, myself, my wife and children, girls from my daughter's softball team, and a few friends of mine who are not from the boards attended. Geoff and DMC punked out. But there is NO way in the world that Sicilian Babe would have made a trip to that stadium. Damn, she complains that it's too far a drive everytime she has to go around the corner from her house! Right SB?

You plan on coming to the States anytime soon Capo?

Don Cardi

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/23/06 12:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
Originally Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

We actually have gotten together for a weekend on a yearly basis since 2004. As for the dinners, well I know that I have attended about 9 or 10 in the last 3 years. And I know that there were a couple in between that I was unable to attend.

As for Sicilian Babe's rant about "the men" getting together for a baseball game, well don't let her fool you. We had only one this past summer because I purchased a block of tickets to a Brooklyn Cyclones game, which is the minor league affiliate of The New York Mets. SC, Plaw, Signor Vitelli, myself, my wife and children, girls from my daughter's softball team, and a few friends of mine who are not from the boards attended. Geoff and DMC punked out. But there is NO way in the world that Sicilian Babe would have made a trip to that stadium. Damn, she complains that it's too far a drive everytime she has to go around the corner from her house! Right SB?

You plan on coming to the States anytime soon Capo?

Don Cardi

edit: DMC was just reminded that he DID punk out

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/23/06 12:39 AM

I guess we'll never know, DC, since you didn't invite me, now will we??

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/23/06 12:50 AM

[quote=DonMichaelCorleone
DMC didn't punk out, DMC wasn't invited lol [/quote]

DMC wasn't invited? Really? Or should I remind DMC that when I did invite him, he asked me of Don Malta was coming and when I told DMC that Don Malta could not come, DMC respectfully declined because DMC could not get a ride into Brooklyn from Don Malta.

Does DMC remember that conversation?

As for you SB, well you are right. I didn't invite you. And perhaps I should have. But I figured that EVERYTIME I've invited you to dinner on Staten Island on a weeknight, you ALWAYS tell me that it is really tough for you to attend because it's too far. So I figured that a weeknight game, in Brooklyn, would really be out of the question. But next time I will ask and just expect the "I can't come ona weeknight" repsonse from you anyway.

Don Cardi

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/23/06 12:51 AM

I heard that there are sporting events that the MEN attend together sometimes.

At the last BB "sporting event" I was at, Mr Babe got hit by a pitch.

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/23/06 12:59 AM

Well, there was a studly, young Ace throwing that ball. Oh, wait, no, never mind...

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/23/06 01:00 AM

ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don Cardi

Re: My Board Scrapbook - 10/23/06 01:09 AM

except JG was aiming for me, 15 feet to the left of Mr. Babe.....

previous post has been edited to reflect my better memory lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET