Home

GBB Security Threat??

Posted By: AppleOnYa

GBB Security Threat?? - 04/23/11 05:55 PM

To JGeoff: My Norton software notified me of a 'security threat' on Gangster BB site; however after 8yrs I decided it's safe to logon anyway. Could have something to do with your recent upgrade, I don't know.

For your info, below is the notification I got when clicking for more detail on the threat:

Here is a complete list: (for more information about a specific threat, click on the Threat Name below)

Threat Name: MSIE ADODB.Stream Object File Installation Weakness

Posted By: SC

Re: GBB Security Threat?? - 04/23/11 06:22 PM

Geoff is already aware of this issue and he is taking steps to fix it. See the thread started a few days here in this forum.

Thanks for reporting the problem though.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: GBB Security Threat?? - 04/23/11 07:39 PM

Would everyone having this issue please use Windows Update and apply all security patches and let me know if that clears up the issue on your end?

Re: GBB Security Threat?? - 04/24/11 04:30 AM

I'm not getting the problem message anymore from Norton!!

Re: GBB Security Threat?? - 04/24/11 04:33 AM

Originally Posted By: SC
I'm not getting the problem message anymore from Norton!!

After Windows Update, or just all of a sudden? Because I still don't know any cause...

Besides Windows Update, the only other solution would be to delete that resource-hog called Norton and just use Windows Security Essentials from Microsoft (free) wink

Great, some lag now ohwell

Re: GBB Security Threat?? - 04/24/11 04:46 AM

I started my Windows Update earlier (after reading your request to do so) but it was taking way too long (over 2 hours) so I canceled the update.

Dunno why the Norton is giving the site an OK now but it is doing so for the Trilogy site as well.

Re: GBB Security Threat?? - 04/24/11 04:51 AM

I think there's a "fix" in Windows that prevents the security issue -- maybe the right one got installed.

PS - Always keep Windows updated! Start it before you go to bed if you have to...

Re: GBB Security Threat?? - 04/24/11 04:53 AM

I believe that "fix" just came out a few days ago....

Re: GBB Security Threat?? - 04/24/11 11:00 AM

Uh oh.... the Norton "warning" is back. Same for the Trilogy site. confused

Re: GBB Security Threat?? - 04/24/11 02:00 PM

WTF?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET