Home

FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like)

Posted By: J Geoff

FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 06/01/08 08:57 PM

We have a new photo gallery that replaces the "What We Look Like" threads...

Instructions:

1 - Enter the Gallery (subforum of General Discussion)
2 - Click on "New Image"
3 - Enter a Subject and Post content as usual
4 - Click on "Image Manager"
5 - Enter a short caption
6 - Browse your hard drive for the image
7 - Click on "Add File"
8 - Optional: Browse for other related images, if any, then Add them one at a time
9 - When finished, click on "Done adding files" then "Submit" when you're ready

You should then see "Image Manager (Total Files: #)" with the # of photos you're about to upload.

Reminder: Max uploaded image size is currently 512k per photo. You may currently post up to 12 images per thread.
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 06/02/08 04:19 AM

I was wondering, thanks
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 11/03/08 07:03 PM

I have to say that since the photos were moved to this "gallery", I don't think that people are posting photos any more. It's been ages since any new ones were added, and people used to add new ones all the time.

Just thought I would mention that.

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 11/03/08 07:40 PM

I know, and it's sad. Not sure why, either. Is it too complicated or not working or something?? confused
Posted By: Sicilian Babe

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 11/04/08 08:39 PM

Quite frankly, I forget it's there. I don't know if that's why everyone else ignores it, but that's my reason.
Posted By: Blibbleblabble

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 11/05/08 04:16 AM

Posting pictures in an ongoing thread was just so convenient and shows up right there with the other threads. Seeing pictures in a regular thread seems to stimulate more conversation and encourages people to post their own pictures without having to go to the trouble of learning how to start a separate album.

I guess it's sort of like starting a new thread... if someone wants to add their thoughts to the discussion they just do it, they don't have to start a new thread called "J Geoff's thoughts" or "Sicilian Babe's opinion" etc... It's a good thing too because I don't think anyone would ever read "Blibble's ramblings" lol

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 11/05/08 06:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
It's a good thing too because I don't think anyone would ever read "Blibble's ramblings" lol

Did you say something? tongue wink
Posted By: Santino Brasi

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 11/16/08 04:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Blibbleblabble
Posting pictures in an ongoing thread was just so convenient and shows up right there with the other threads. Seeing pictures in a regular thread seems to stimulate more conversation and encourages people to post their own pictures without having to go to the trouble of learning how to start a separate album.

I agree 1000% Blibble!!!!!!!

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 11/16/08 07:05 AM

It's one thing to post one picture... it's also another to start a new thread/"album" to post a dozen pics from the same event so people can comment ONLY on that event... no? The learning curve shouldn't be all that steep whistle wink
Posted By: Double-J

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 07/09/09 05:49 AM

Quick question...whatever happened to the first half of the "Old Timers" section? I didn't notice it today. I only see the one that covers members from T - Z.

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 07/09/09 07:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Double-J
Quick question...whatever happened to the first half of the "Old Timers" section? I didn't notice it today. I only see the one that covers members from T - Z.

Crap. Bogie mentioned it a few weeks ago and I meant to look into that! I have no idea what happened to it -- it WAS there! -- so I might have to reproduce it when I get a chance. ohwell
Posted By: SC

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 07/09/09 08:37 AM

Maybe you can send me the old pix I asked about, too?

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 07/09/09 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Maybe you can send me the old pix I asked about, too?

I have it sitting right here (after I found the CD buried under a pile of papers since May) whistle blush

Santino's been waiting a year and a half for a poster, so I guess I'm pretty bad lol wink

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 07/13/09 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By: J Geoff
Originally Posted By: Double-J

Crap. Bogie mentioned it a few weeks ago and I meant to look into that! I have no idea what happened to it -- it WAS there! -- so I might have to reproduce it when I get a chance. ohwell

I'M AN IDIOT.

That forum was set to show only the topics from the past year, rather than of all time. I've adjusted it. blush
Posted By: Double-J

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 07/16/09 03:27 PM

Thanks for fixing it up, Geoff. Much appreciated! smile
Posted By: Benjamin_Bugsy_Siegel

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 03/11/10 03:48 AM

these are just my opinions and view but, im curious arent you guys uncomfortable, postin pictures of yourselves on the internet, after youve posted stuff about mob guys?? what if some of the mobs guys are or have gotten offended, for some of the things that are posted here about them? and on top of that, they get to see your pictures and what you look like? i know that wiseguys dont usually go out of thier way, for things like that, but other mobs are worst....and might get offended..... but hopefully everyone here will always be safe, and what im sayin is just a "what if" thing....

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 03/11/10 06:53 AM

In short, No.

And for my longer answer: Noooooo. lol

Only insecure wusses would get offended, and I don't think anything posted her is offensive -- just fact and speculation. Anyone named who'd happen upon this site would likely feel validated and their egos stroked, so I'm not worried. Just please call 911 anyway if you don't see me for a few days. wink

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 03/11/10 07:00 AM

In short, No.

And for my longer answer: Noooooo. lol

Only insecure wusses would get offended, and I don't think anything posted her is offensive -- just fact and speculation. Anyone named who'd happen upon this site would likely feel validated and their egos stroked, so I'm not worried. Just please call 911 anyway if you don't see me for a few days. wink

oh alright man, cool. i was just double checkin, cause i would hate it for some crazy stuff like that to happen. and i agree, they should feel important that people are actually takin the time, to talk about them. dont worry Geoff, if soemthin happens to you, ill take care of it "personally", if you know what i mean....hahaha.

p.s. i like your "Wheres Waldo" (Where's Wally, if youre in europe), avatar. i really liked that guy when i was a kid.

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 03/11/10 07:27 AM

No probs, BBS - thanks for watching my back lol

BTW, is that Greek as your slogan? Should I be afraid to ask what it means? lol

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 03/11/10 08:09 PM

No probs, BBS - thanks for watching my back lol

BTW, is that Greek as your slogan? Should I be afraid to ask what it means? lol

youre welcome man, on watchin your back..... if somethins happens to you, then this website wouldnt exist, and then that would be a drag..... so i wouldnt want that to happen haha. the words under my nickname are in hebrew, and translated it reads "Jewish Mob Boss", but its read from right to left. so i put it in, cause i thought it would go with my username haha.

you know Geoff, you should check out a website that i help run. its called Bzzurkk.com, its a website deticated to comic book news and comic book related media.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 01/13/12 12:18 AM

random question: are these photos public i.e. can people who arent registered and just browsing view them or no?

Should prob just be for members only eyes just a thought...
Posted By: carmela

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 01/13/12 12:41 AM

When I used to view the forum as a guest, I was able to view the pics, but not enlarge them and not read the posts that went with them.
Posted By: Frosty

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 01/13/12 01:20 AM

Check my pics out down at your local post office ! The Good ,Bad , and Ugly ! But I have multiple personalitys, the Doc. told me I won't have em NO more when I'm Dead ! lol lol

Next problem ! Or shall we have a test of the bomb raid shelters !
Posted By: carmela

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 01/13/12 01:23 AM

Man, you're like the fucking gum on the bottom of my shoe. Can't seem to shake ya.

edit: I should probably add a grin to this post.

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 01/13/12 06:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
random question: are these photos public i.e. can people who arent registered and just browsing view them or no?

Should prob just be for members only eyes just a thought...

I just went through the settings, and now can confirm that Guests CANNOT see the "What We Look Like" forum at all now. Not sure about before, but at least now they can't -- thank you for bringing this up!
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 01/25/12 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: carmela
Man, you're like the fucking gum on the bottom of my shoe. Can't seem to shake ya.

edit: I should probably add a grin to this post.

I think I ruptured something laughing.
Posted By: olivant

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 02/13/12 05:33 PM

Someone sent me a mail that has pcitures embedded in the message. However, when I try to forward it, the text of the message remains, but the pictures don't forward. Instead, a horizontal list of the picture files is stretched across the top of the message. How do I forward the mail so that it is received just as I received it?

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 02/13/12 06:11 PM

I'm not sure which email clients allow embedding of images -- mine are sent as attachments, too...
Posted By: olivant

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 02/13/12 06:35 PM

It was sent through gmail.

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 02/13/12 06:40 PM

You can forward it via gmail if you have an account, and it'll retain its format. Good idea to have a gmail account anyway, as a backup.
Posted By: veneratio

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 02/21/12 11:41 AM

I can't seem to change my avatar picture, I select the little dot next to upload a new picture, made sure it's the right size (72x72) but then when I click save the old one stays there, any help on that?

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 02/21/12 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: veneratio
I can't seem to change my avatar picture, I select the little dot next to upload a new picture, made sure it's the right size (72x72) but then when I click save the old one stays there, any help on that?

I just checked the system and it looks like it is working. Give it a minute for the change to take effect.

Let me know if it works for you now.
Posted By: veneratio

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 02/21/12 12:20 PM

Great thanks SC, working like a charm now.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 07/13/13 08:25 PM

How come you cant see any of the pictures?

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 07/13/13 08:46 PM

Looking into it now.... apparently some bug in the system.

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 08/24/13 05:40 PM

Looks like another bug in the system sc, its been like this for almost 2 weeks now.

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 08/24/13 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
Looks like another bug in the system sc, its been like this for almost 2 weeks now.

OK, thanks for reporting this.

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 08/24/13 09:06 PM

I don't know why that keeps happening, but I'll fix it when I get a chance... thanks!
Posted By: fortunato

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 10/29/13 06:33 PM

Why is there a limit on how big your picture can be.

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 11/01/13 01:00 AM

Hey mods, just thought id give ya a reminder that the what we look like isnt working, its been a couple of months now...Is the don slipping?

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 11/01/13 07:06 AM

Crap, thanks for the reminder... I posted that just before hitting Florida, and then forgot.

...please remind me more often! whistle wink

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 12/08/13 02:45 PM

been another another month JG wink

Re: FAQ: Photo Gallery (What We Look Like) - 12/18/13 07:53 PM

Okay, I think it's working now -- thanks for your patience wink
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET