Home

30th anniversary edition

Posted By: Debra

30th anniversary edition - 12/31/04 10:51 PM

[Linked Image]

Whats up with this edition?
Its only the book with a different cover.
Should there be anything else in there or are they calling it a 30th anniversary edition just because the cover has a different pic?
Posted By: Patches

Re: 30th anniversary edition - 01/01/05 12:54 AM

I actually have that copy. My grandmother has one of the earlier editions, and with the two of them, I saw no difference. Other than the cover art of course smile .
Posted By: JustMe

Re: 30th anniversary edition - 01/02/05 08:31 PM

There's no difference whatever.
I saw it in the bookstore few days ago, standing at the same shelf with thw previous edition... And I must say that I like the old cover better.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: 30th anniversary edition - 01/03/05 01:09 AM

This edition had a load of typographical errors in it that I believe were absent from earlier editions.
Posted By: Beth E

Re: 30th anniversary edition - 01/03/05 01:17 AM

I'd say. I can recall several and thought this was very sloppy of Puzo.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: 30th anniversary edition - 01/03/05 03:45 PM

i have that copy. i believe they released that together with the 30th Anniversary Trilogy CD.

GoodFella
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: 30th anniversary edition - 01/17/05 10:47 PM

I did not see any difference in the original book and the 30th anv. book.
Posted By: Debra

Re: 30th anniversary edition - 01/18/05 01:16 AM

yeah,just the same with typo errors...I can only guess what theyre going to do with the 40th anniversary edition,should there be one,I hope not,I dont want them to ruin the text anymore just to get a better cover wink
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: 30th anniversary edition - 01/19/05 01:11 AM

The difference is that in this book, they reveal who actually killed the Tahoe hitmen! eek wink
Nah, just kidding.

The difference is that this book has a Forward written by some guy, that is it!

They probably resurrected the novel because they anticipated a demand for the original GF book once The GF returns book was released.

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: 30th anniversary edition - 01/19/05 01:33 AM

Originally posted by Don Cardi:
The difference is that in this book, they reveal who actually killed the Tahoe hitmen! eek wink

Don Cardi cool
SPOILER

DC- it was OBVIOUSLY Fredo's boyfriend, I don't see how anyone could miss that rolleyes
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: 30th anniversary edition - 01/19/05 06:02 PM

Originally posted by Debra:
Should there be anything else in there or are they calling it a 30th anniversary edition just because the cover has a different pic?
They're calling it the 30th Anniversary edition because it's 30 years since the first printing of the novel. That's a milestone and enough to make the cover alone worth it as a 'keepsake'...at least to those interested in such things.

As far as anything additional such as a special 'forward' or something...well, the author's dead, the trilogy has been made and for now maybe there's little or nothing to add.

AppleOnYa
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: 30th anniversary edition - 02/23/05 11:56 PM

good point.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET