Home

Pictures in my GF book

Posted By: The Hot Head

Pictures in my GF book - 03/30/04 01:41 AM

I couldn't find my copy of the GF, so I went to my local used bookstore and picked up a copy that has pictures from the movie. I didn't really look at them until I got that far into the book again, and there is about 30 pictures, 7 or 8 of which are things not in the movie. The biggest one is a picture of Michael holding a double-barrel shotgun and there is smoke coming out of the barrel like he just fired it. I'm assuming it's when he kills Fabrizzo. There is also a picture of Carlo strangling Connie into the bed, and a picture of Sonny showing Michael how to shoot the snubnose before he kills the Turk and McClusky.
Posted By: DonGenco

Re: Pictures in my GF book - 01/16/05 03:43 AM

Wow, that sounds pretty cool, who published it? I would like to see where I could find it.
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Pictures in my GF book - 02/21/05 02:36 AM

I would love to see that book, any idea where I can get it?
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Pictures in my GF book - 02/21/05 11:39 AM

Fawcett was the publisher.

http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet...mp;tn=The+G odfather&imagefield.y=12

Don Cardi cool
Posted By: Don Smitty

Re: Pictures in my GF book - 03/06/05 09:05 PM

Thanks DC.
Posted By: Blake

Re: Pictures in my GF book - 03/07/05 04:27 AM

I would really like to see some scans. I might order a copy of that book.
Posted By: SC

Re: Pictures in my GF book - 03/25/05 05:05 PM

Originally posted by Don_Andrew:
In The Godfather novel, Fabrizzio dies becuase someone shoots him in his pizzeria, but in a deleted scene from Part II, he dies in a car bombing...
It was in a deleted scene from Part I that Mike shot Fabrizzio. Footage of that scene is said to be lost forever.
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Pictures in my GF book - 03/26/05 11:24 PM

SC
It was in a deleted scene from Part I that Mike shot Fabrizzio. Footage of that scene is said to be lost forever.

But in the book, it was in a pizzeria (by who???), in a deleted scene of GFI it was Miguele, and in GFII it was a car accident. Is that correct, or am I totally missing the point.
Posted By: SC

Re: Pictures in my GF book - 03/27/05 09:54 AM

Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
But in the book, it was in a pizzeria (by who???), in a deleted scene of GFI it was Miguele, and in GFII it was a car accident. Is that correct, or am I totally missing the point.
No, you have it right (except that in Part II it was no accident.... the bomb was planned).

The hitman who killed Fabrizzio in the book was never named, but he said, "Michael Corleone sends his regards" as he shot Fabrizzio, so we can assume he was a Corleone soldier.

In the deleted scene from Part I it was Michael who shot Fabrizzio in the pizzeria. He used the same shotgun that Fabrizzio used to have in Sicily. (The pizzeria used to film this scene was a store on Fifth Avenue and 31st Street in NYC).

The deleted car-bombing scene from Part II (which is included on the "extras" disk in the DVD version) is nice because it has Fabrizzio dying in the same manner that killed Appolonia.
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Pictures in my GF book - 03/27/05 12:32 PM

We had a discussion of this deleted footage before, and some pics from it were posted in this thread.
Posted By: Sonny DiCosca

Re: Pictures in my GF book - 04/15/05 07:33 PM

Originally posted by The Hot Head:
I couldn't find my copy of the GF, so I went to my local used bookstore and picked up a copy that has pictures from the movie. I didn't really look at them until I got that far into the book again, and there is about 30 pictures, 7 or 8 of which are things not in the movie. The biggest one is a picture of Michael holding a double-barrel shotgun and there is smoke coming out of the barrel like he just fired it. I'm assuming it's when he kills Fabrizzo. There is also a picture of Carlo strangling Connie into the bed, and a picture of Sonny showing Michael how to shoot the snubnose before he kills the Turk and McClusky.
The one were he has the lupara shotgun and he is in the bar with the Rosato (however you spell it) brothers? That was a deleted scene from the individual disc of the Godfather I.
Posted By: Moscarelli

Re: Pictures in my GF book - 04/15/05 07:45 PM

Originally posted by Sonny DiCosca:
Originally posted by The Hot Head:
[b] I couldn't find my copy of the GF, so I went to my local used bookstore and picked up a copy that has pictures from the movie. I didn't really look at them until I got that far into the book again, and there is about 30 pictures, 7 or 8 of which are things not in the movie. The biggest one is a picture of Michael holding a double-barrel shotgun and there is smoke coming out of the barrel like he just fired it. I'm assuming it's when he kills Fabrizzo. There is also a picture of Carlo strangling Connie into the bed, and a picture of Sonny showing Michael how to shoot the snubnose before he kills the Turk and McClusky.
The one were he has the lupara shotgun and he is in the bar with the Rosato (however you spell it) brothers? That was a deleted scene from the individual disc of the Godfather I. [/b]
No (what scene are you talking about?) The one THH is explaining is another scene filmed in shich Michael kills Fabrizzio (not in any deleted scenes released as of now or in the past).
Posted By: Don Schulini

Re: Pictures in my GF book - 04/16/05 09:08 PM

I have a copy of that book, in Dutch. Although the movies take away the need to imagine how certain things which happen in the book are visualized, I really like it with the pictures from the movie.

I noticed some of the comments under the pictures are not right. I don't have my copy with me now but when I've got the book in my reach I will look after those for you all.
Posted By: mr. soprano

Re: Pictures in my GF book - 04/17/05 06:12 AM

is there any way anyone can get the pics that are in this book...any way we can get copies of them? i really want to see the pic of mike holding the lupra....im really keen on seeing it.
Posted By: JustMe

Re: Pictures in my GF book - 04/17/05 01:53 PM

Originally posted by mr. soprano:
i really want to see the pic of mike holding the lupra....im really keen on seeing it.
Just a few posts above I gave you a link to the thread where those pics are posted. Open it and enjoy. As to having them in your hands, if you mean that, I believe poster stores in the net have them.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET