Home

horse head in bed

Posted By: martin

horse head in bed - 09/02/03 10:44 PM

Can anyone tell me on which page or chapter the horse head scene can be found?
Posted By: PappaGiorgio

Re: horse head in bed - 09/02/03 10:46 PM

what are you talking about? Give more info.

Re: horse head in bed - 09/02/03 10:49 PM

The scene in the first Godfather novel where a horses head in put into the bed, can you tell me where to find it in the book? Cheers.
Posted By: PappaGiorgio

Re: horse head in bed - 09/02/03 11:01 PM

Chapters 1 & 2

Re: horse head in bed - 09/02/03 11:10 PM

Cheers,
You're the man!
Posted By: Double-J

Re: horse head in bed - 09/02/03 11:16 PM

But in the book, the horse's head isn't found in the bed. FFC read the book "wrong" as he put it, and consequently the movie is different (better in my opinion). [Linked Image]
Posted By: Don Mataya

Re: horse head in bed - 09/02/03 11:39 PM

Where is the head in the book exactly? I read it a couple years ago and I misread it exactly like Coppola. I thought it was at the foot of the bed.
Posted By: Mike Sullivan

Re: horse head in bed - 09/03/03 01:35 AM

The Mis reading of that Made one of the most Memorable scnes in a movie.

AHHHHHH! AHHHHHHH!!!
Posted By: Nice Guy Eddie

Re: horse head in bed - 09/03/03 06:31 AM

I always thought that the scene would have been much better if the horse head was right next to Woltz when he woke up.
Posted By: Michael Montana Mancini

Re: horse head in bed - 09/03/03 12:31 PM

Martin my son, what part of London you from Guv.
Posted By: Michael Corleone 14

Re: horse head in bed - 09/03/03 05:19 PM

Originally posted by Don Mataya:
Where is the head in the book exactly? I read it a couple years ago and I misread it exactly like Coppola. I thought it was at the foot of the bed.
You're right, the horse's head was actually at the foot of the bed, but not under the blankets, so he saw the head as soon as he opened his eyes, unlike in the movie. wink
Posted By: Michael Montana Mancini

Re: horse head in bed - 09/03/03 05:47 PM

I think you are right there. tongue

Re: horse head in bed - 09/03/03 08:39 PM

To,Micky Montana.
I'm from the mean streets of sunny Acton. You.

Re: horse head in bed - 09/04/03 01:38 AM

Originally posted by Michael Corleone 14:
Originally posted by Don Mataya:
[b] Where is the head in the book exactly? I read it a couple years ago and I misread it exactly like Coppola. I thought it was at the foot of the bed.
You're right, the horse's head was actually at the foot of the bed, but not under the blankets, so he saw the head as soon as he opened his eyes, unlike in the movie. wink [/b]
Now the Question. WOuld it be as Effective had it been done the Way the book did it?
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: horse head in bed - 09/04/03 10:48 AM

No, it was more effective in the film, I agree with Double J. Because at first, Woltz doesn't have the first clue of where the blood is from - is it his own? I'm sure his mind was racing pondering that thought. Until he totally uncovered the sheets I bet his prize horse wasn't even in his mind. And then *Bam* "Aaaaarrggggghhhhhhhh"
Posted By: goodfella4188

Re: horse head in bed - 09/04/03 09:00 PM

I misread it as well, and i completely agree with Turi

Re: horse head in bed - 09/04/03 09:57 PM

Same here. Could YOU picture it the way the book depicted it in hte movie?
Posted By: Raymondo Corleone

Re: horse head in bed - 10/11/03 01:21 AM

Yeah, the blood in the bed is brilliant. If the audience doesn't know what is gonna happen, they would be as surprised and shocked as Woltz. It builds up the suspense well. I'm glad FFC has trouble reading wink
Posted By: Nice Guy Eddie

Re: horse head in bed - 10/11/03 03:34 AM

Maybe, but I still think it would have been great if Woltz rolled over, woke up and the horse head was staring him in the face. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Enzo da baker

Re: horse head in bed - 10/12/03 11:38 PM

eyeball to eyeball with the head of horse in his bed would have been gruesomely affective.
Posted By: DonMerghani187

Re: horse head in bed - 10/20/03 01:31 AM

when i first seen the godfather n i saw that scene it made me think if this only the beginning of a 3 hour movie it must be one fuck of a movie and yes yes it was
Posted By: Jimmy Conway

Re: horse head in bed - 10/20/03 03:42 PM

Well it certainly worked on the movie, it was one of the most memorable scenes of the whole trilogy.

He m
Posted By: Luca Brasi

Re: horse head in bed - 10/22/03 08:37 PM

Originally posted by Jimmy Conway:
Well it certainly worked on the movie, it was one of the most memorable scenes of the whole trilogy.

He m
The most memorable scene in GF to me was Sonny banging Lucy up against the door.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: horse head in bed - 10/23/03 12:22 AM

do you guys' know how they did that in the movie? -Pat

Re: horse head in bed - 10/23/03 10:45 PM

Originally posted by Luca Brasi:
Originally posted by Jimmy Conway:
[b] Well it certainly worked on the movie, it was one of the most memorable scenes of the whole trilogy.

He m
The most memorable scene in GF to me was Sonny banging Lucy up against the door. [/b]
Of course there was the Murder of the Fave Families...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET