Home

Where's the rest of it?

Posted By: Don Olajuwon

Where's the rest of it? - 05/13/03 12:26 AM

I am about to finish the novel, the Godfather(About 80 pages left), and I just noticed that the whole book was about Godfather part 1...where's the rest of it?

Were Godfather Parts 2 and 3 original screenplays? Is there another book out there?
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: Where's the rest of it? - 05/13/03 01:16 AM

Hey hon. you're going through exactly what I went through when I first read The Godfather. Of course I had already seen the film, had NO IDEA that it was only written up until GF Part ONE as we know it from the movie. Th novel ends where The Godfather ends. And so thats how it is my dear. I know..I know..you want more frown , but trust me, i've lookd it aint there. Yes, original screenplays:GF@ & GF3. wink

Re: Where's the rest of it? - 05/13/03 02:16 AM

Damn...That's rough.

You're right...I do want more. ohwell

Suppose I will have to go find The Last Don, The Sicilian(Which has a character named Corleone...what's with that?), etc...
Posted By: Don Sicilia

Re: Where's the rest of it? - 05/13/03 02:53 AM

Actually, the Corleone character is Michael making a guest appearance! I believe Clemenza is referenced in the book as well.
Posted By: indeterminate_x

Re: Where's the rest of it? - 05/13/03 03:31 AM

Well all of the flashbacks from part 2 are in there.

Re: Where's the rest of it? - 05/13/03 10:06 PM

Originally posted by Don Sicilia:
Actually, the Corleone character is Michael making a guest appearance! I believe Clemenza is referenced in the book as well.
I'll definitely have to pick this up, then. ...Gotta gobble up all Corleone-related material. smile
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: Where's the rest of it? - 05/15/03 01:15 AM

Yeah, youre gonna love The Sicilian, It has Mike, Clemenza, and Don Vito.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Where's the rest of it? - 05/15/03 03:25 AM

right PP. and i believe after reading the Godfather everyone should read The Sicilian. because of(*****SPOILER*****) Michael's hiding in Sicily, the details are here. . . and one or two of the deleted scenes in the bonus dvd is here i the Sicilian.
Welcome to the family Don Olajuwon!

GoodFella
Posted By: pgunn

Re: Where's the rest of it? - 05/23/03 04:40 AM

Originally posted by Don Olajuwon:
I am about to finish the novel, the Godfather(About 80 pages left), and I just noticed that the whole book was about Godfather part 1...where's the rest of it?

Were Godfather Parts 2 and 3 original screenplays? Is there another book out there?
Well, Pt 2 has some of the book in it(the DeNiro scenes).
Posted By: John Patrick

Re: Where's the rest of it? - 05/26/03 04:48 PM

Yes, the novel ends where the first 'Godfather' ends. 'Pt.II' was the creation of Francis Coppola, using bits and pieces from the novel. All the Michael scenes in 'II' were written by Coppola and fleshed out by Puzo. Puzo never intended 'The Godfather' to be any kind of continuing saga, just a story he could cash in on. He was broke and his last novel, 'The Fortunate Pilgrim' was a small success. This book had a minor story about the mafia, a publisher mentioned to Puzo he should've added more about the mafia in that book. Puzo wrote a rough outline of another book, which became 'The Godfather', based on this publisher's suggestion.
'The Godfather, Pt.III' was purely a Coppola/Puzo invention for the movies. It had no relationship with the book at all.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET