Home

Clemenza and Tessio diden't like Michael?

Posted By: Michael Corleone 14

Clemenza and Tessio diden't like Michael? - 12/29/02 12:04 PM

During the part that Michael, Sonny, Tom, Clemenza and Tessio are sitting in the Don's office and discussing how to take out Solozzo, Sonny says that Michael should go with a couple of guys to Luca Brasi's house, then Tom says: "Maybe we shoulden't get Mike involved too directly"." Sonny says: "You're right. Mike hang around answer the phone, be a big help, huh." Michael felt ashamed, and he could see that Clemenza and Tessio diden't like him at all. Is it true that they diden't like Michael? Earlier in the novel it mentions that Clemenza took care of Michael when Vito had no time and gave him gifts, and later (I haven't finished the novel yet.) in the movie Tessio says: "Tell Michael it was strictly business, I have always liked him." Did Clemenza and Tessio like Michael or diden't they like him?
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Clemenza and Tessio diden't like Michael? - 12/29/02 01:29 PM

I think they liked him. In the room you are talking about nothing indicates that Clemenza or Tessio disapproved of Mike. Tom said: "Maybe we shoulden't get Mike involved too directly". But this was because of the fact that Vito didn't want Michael to get involved in the mafia/mob.

Re: Clemenza and Tessio diden't like Michael? - 12/29/02 01:38 PM

Originally posted by M.M. Floors:
I think they liked him. In the room you are talking about nothing indicates that Clemenza or Tessio disapproved of Mike. Tom said: "Maybe we shoulden't get Mike involved too directly". But this was because of the fact that Vito didn't want Michael to get involved in the mafia/mob.
Then read page 91-92, it says that Clemena and Tessio were "disgusted behind a mask" And it alsow says that Michael was ashamed, very ashamed. And at the hospital scene Vito says: "When you've finished college come to me, then we can talk about your future." I think Vito knew damn well if that there was anyone who was gonna be the next Don, it was Michael.
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Clemenza and Tessio diden't like Michael? - 12/29/02 02:33 PM

Originally posted by Michael Corleone 14:
Originally posted by M.M. Floors:
[b]I think they liked him. In the room you are talking about nothing indicates that Clemenza or Tessio disapproved of Mike. Tom said: "Maybe we shoulden't get Mike involved too directly". But this was because of the fact that Vito didn't want Michael to get involved in the mafia/mob.
Then read page 91-92, it says that Clemena and Tessio were "disgusted behind a mask" And it alsow says that Michael was ashamed, very ashamed. And at the hospital scene Vito says: "When you've finished college come to me, then we can talk about your future." I think Vito knew damn well if that there was anyone who was gonna be the next Don, it was Michael.[/b]
Oh, the problem is I don't have the book yet with me. It's somewhere else. I was thinking about the movie. So I can't read the pages you mentioned.

But about Vito: Vito didn't want to get Mike involved but he always thougth (<=)that Michael would take over. But that doesn't say he wanted that.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Clemenza and Tessio diden't like Michael? - 12/29/02 03:19 PM

I believe Clemenza and Tessio always liked Michael, in an avuncular kind of way. In fact, they had no reason to dislike him because he had never been part of the Family business and therefore had no conflicts with them, did not pose a threat to them, etc. Before Michael volunteered to get involved by killing Sollozzo and McCluskey, Sonny, Tom and the two caporegimes wanted to keep Michael away from direct action because they knew that Vito wanted Michael to be a legitimate pezzanovante. As Sonny said in the film, "Madon', Pop would have my head..." if he got Michael involved.

Re: Clemenza and Tessio diden't like Michael? - 12/29/02 04:27 PM

Thanks, TB, I found it strange that Clemenza and Tessio diden't like Michael.

I knew that Santino was going to have to go through all this. And Fredo -- well --
(then, after he sits besides Michael)
-- Fredo was -- well -- But I never -- I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life, I
don't apologize, to take care of my family. And I refused -- to be a fool -- dancing on the
string, held by all those -- bigshots. I don't apologize -- that's my life -- but I thought that --
that when it was your time -- that -- that you would be the one to hold the strings. Senator -
Corleone. Governor - Corleone, or something... Vito Corleone
Posted By: BEavis

Re: Clemenza and Tessio diden't like Michael? - 12/29/02 11:52 PM

what about that one part in the movie when Michael is in the basement and clemenza said that they were all proud of him going of to the war>?
Posted By: mafia11

Re: Clemenza and Tessio diden't like Michael? - 02/02/03 04:15 AM

clemenza and tessio did like mike
if you recall when the men came to take tessio away to whack him because tessio had taken barzini's side tessio said it wasn't personal tell michael i always liked him
tom said he knows that

http://mafia1110.tripod.com/mymafiabookthecephalonian/
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET