Home

Got It!

Posted By: Anthony Lombardi

Got It! - 10/04/02 10:02 PM

I finally got the book! Unfortunately, I didn't get the hard cover... frown But, if I had, I'd have to wait another five business days, which I couldn't wait any longer! grin

Instead of payin' 24 bucks for a hard cover... I got The Godfather, The Sicilian, and The Family. smile

I'm gonna dive into The Godfather tonight... Lookin' at it is makin' me wanna read it now! lol
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: Got It! - 10/04/02 10:56 PM

Originally posted by Anthony Lombardi:
I finally got the book! Unfortunately, I didn't get the hard cover... frown But, if I had, I'd have to wait another five business days, which I couldn't wait any longer!

I'm gonna dive into The Godfather tonight... Lookin' at it is makin' me wanna read it now!
Read until the end of the world,for it has been written.
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: Got It! - 10/04/02 10:59 PM

Im just started reading The Family.
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: Got It! - 10/05/02 01:24 PM

you'll love it. there is almost an entire novel that itsn't in the film, about Johnny Fontane & Co. Read it!
Posted By: TonySoprano

Re: Got It! - 10/05/02 05:18 PM

I read it once while on holiday, but i dont think i was paying much attention, better read it again and refresh my memory smile
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Got It! - 10/06/02 07:50 PM

Where'd you get the books, Anthony? Others here have posted from time to time that they couldn't find GF.

Re: Got It! - 10/06/02 09:03 PM

Got 'em at Barnes & Noble... 8 bucks for The Godfather and The Sicilian, but The Family was on sale for 6 bucks.
Posted By: goddaughter

Re: Got It! - 10/06/02 09:51 PM

Hey Anthony...how far are you along now? Im on chapter 12, book 2.

Re: Got It! - 10/07/02 12:15 AM

DAMN YOU! I'm on chapter 10. You've been staying ahead of me by a couple chapters! I'll catch up! mad lol
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Got It! - 10/07/02 05:33 PM

Originally posted by DonPalentino:
Im just started reading The Family.
same here, just finished reading Omerta and will start reading the Family. anyone finish reading the book? how about some feedbacks. . . no spoilers please. grin

GoodFella
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Got It! - 10/07/02 05:35 PM

DAMN YOU! I'm on chapter 10. You've been staying ahead of me by a couple chapters! I'll catch up! mad lol
you can skip the chapters anytime bro! lol! enjoy your read Mang!

GoodFella

Re: Got It! - 10/07/02 11:25 PM

I am enjoying, bro! smile

And, GodDaughter... I am now also on chapter 12... But, knowing you, you're probably on 20 or something now. lol

Re: Got It! - 10/11/02 04:16 PM

Anthony Im not sure where I am now...probably still on chapter 13 coz I havent been reading it for the last few days just like i havent been on the internet in 5 days or something coz I was totally occupied with other stuff....your probably way ahead of me now....but its raining outside so I could catch up with you!

Re: Got It! - 10/11/02 10:19 PM

Dude, we are, like twins... I also haven't been reading it for the past few days 'cause I've been a bit busy! What is this? We livin' in parallel universes? lol I think I just finished 13 or I'm still on it. But, I'm gonna start again tonight.

Re: Got It! - 10/12/02 12:31 PM

you guys dissapoint me. The Godfather novel is the first book I ever wanted to read for myself (in fact, the first 50+ pages book ever), and besides the monday-thursday period I finished it in two weekends, so let's say 6 days! And I hate to read! I guess you're all very busy cool

Re: Got It! - 10/12/02 02:19 PM

I'm usually a loser... And have nothing to do. But, AS SOON as I get the book I've always wanted, I got shit to do and no time to read it. Just my luck. frown lol

Re: Got It! - 10/12/02 05:25 PM

I'm usually a loser... And have nothing to do. But, AS SOON as I get the book I've always wanted, I got shit to do and no time to read it. Just my luck. frown lol
well wouldn't you know... I understand your problem dude. Hope you get enough time to finish it soon. I finished reading on the train haha! cool rolleyes
Posted By: scarface_denver

Re: Got It! - 10/12/02 08:50 PM

time to read hhmmm, i still havent finished readin omerta but ill be on the road to denver tonight , ill read wile i drive ,lol lol

Re: Got It! - 10/13/02 06:31 PM

Dude, we are, like twins... I also haven't been reading it for the past few days 'cause I've been a bit busy! What is this? We livin' in parallel universes? lol I think I just finished 13 or I'm still on it. But, I'm gonna start again tonight.
I just finished chapter 13 last night. By the way I think I figured out why Aol wasnt workin on my computer.....I downloaded the one for Windows 98 but I have windows95 so im currently 54% way through downloading the correct version....talk to you later....
Peace....Love....Empathy,
GD

Re: Got It! - 10/13/02 09:22 PM

Originally posted by goddaughter:
Peace....Love....Empathy,
GD
Copycat!!!! mad lol That's my letter ending!!! tongue

I'm almost on chaper 15.

Peace... Love... Empathy...
Anthony Thomas Lombardi
(^Look firmilar, GD? wink )

Re: Got It! - 10/14/02 03:22 PM

Yes...Im a known plageurist (if thats a word).
Here's a quote from my biology teacher's comment at the end of my project...

"I feel that this project is organised so well and written so clearly that it must have been copied straight from one article......."

I actually used about 6 different sources for my project though....he just doesnt like me.

Re: Got It! - 10/14/02 03:32 PM

lol
Posted By: Guineapig

Re: Got It! - 10/14/02 11:53 PM

I started reading The Sicilian after i was done w/ the novel didn't find it as interesting and stopped reading it i pick it up once in a while perhaps i should return it to the local library b/c they keep writting me about it.

Re: Got It! - 10/15/02 01:13 AM

BRING IT BACK, DUMMY! lol

I'm gonna read The Sicilian when I'm done with The Godfather.
Posted By: Don Sauno

Re: Got It! - 10/15/02 02:19 AM

Anyone see te movie of The Sicilian? Heard it wasn't exactly encredible, but that it was directed by Michael Cimino who made that great award winning The Deer Hunter, but created one of the most tragic Hollywood failures ever with Heaven's Gate. Hey, Pherdy, I know exactly how it is. The educational system kiiled a lot of much desire at all to read novels for "fun" a long time ago. Which is why I'm still curantely listening to The Godfather on tape. I think I may put it on soon, exactly, having read all this smile . Eh, GuineaPig, you should probably return that, moral correctness and all, and, well, you never know which libraries might have a Luca Brasi tongue . So, for this Family Novel, is it like anything Puzo's written before? I mean, I read that it's about wrather far-back history. Wouldn't think there'd be much in the way of mafia, except for a few themese here an there.

Re: Got It! - 10/15/02 02:22 AM

Yes, I also heard about the movie for The Sicilian... And also heard it wasn't great. I wanna check it out.
Posted By: Hagit

Re: Got It! - 10/15/02 04:20 PM

Good For you!!! Getting & reading the book was a pure delight for me. I'm reading it for the 2-nd time now. lol
Posted By: Tom Hagen

Re: Got It! - 10/16/02 04:44 AM

Anybody ever see that STar Trek where they leave a book about Chicago gangsters behind on a planet and the natives base their entire civilization around it?

Is that us? [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Don Mikey

Re: Got It! - 10/16/02 03:02 PM

Originally posted by Tom Hagen:
Anybody ever see that STar Trek where they leave a book about Chicago gangsters behind on a planet and the natives base their entire civilization around it?

Hmm... that would explain a lot.

By the way, Guineapig, if it wasn't for my local library and their policy of complete and total indifference I wouldn't have half the books I do today... lol (Someone beat me to all the Puzo novels, though. frown )
Posted By: Saladbar

Re: Got It! - 10/18/02 04:56 AM

Originally posted by Tom Hagen:

wasn't that a "The Next Generation" episode?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET