Home

CAN ANY TELL ME

Posted By: pinche88

CAN ANY TELL ME - 01/09/02 11:47 PM

DOES THE GODFATHER BOOK COVER ANYTHING THAT TH EMOVVIE DIDNT LIKE ANY OTHER WARS OR YOUNG SONNY HOW HE MADE HIS BONES ? AND IS IT WORTH GETTING
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: CAN ANY TELL ME - 01/09/02 11:49 PM

Have you read all the threads?They say get the book.So get the book!
Posted By: DonAlx

Re: CAN ANY TELL ME - 01/10/02 12:52 AM

ive seen the movie about a million times and i thought nothing in the world could top it right now im in the middle of the book and my opinion just changed if you get what im saying, do yourself a favor if you like the godfather or anything thats good at all, get the godfather novel youll love it
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: CAN ANY TELL ME - 01/10/02 01:02 AM

You should definitely get the book. It doesn't cover any of the stuff you saw in the movies past 1955, but it is far richer than the films on detail before that. All of the questions you asked will be answered by the book.
Posted By: Sermanni

Re: CAN ANY TELL ME - 01/10/02 02:56 PM

I keep saying this but the book is better than the film. It truly is
Posted By: Claudia

Re: CAN ANY TELL ME - 01/18/02 01:58 PM

I am reading the book now, but I am still at the beginning.

The book is better, but one thing I don't understand is why he got married with Kay. He obviously left her to marry Apolonia. So, why get back to her at the end?
Posted By: Sinacola

Re: CAN ANY TELL ME - 01/19/02 01:53 AM

He didn't actually leave Kay to marry Apollonia, he just disappeared without a word when he had to go into hiding in Sicily. While there he met Apollonia and they married (the 'thunderbolt' thing).

He married Kay because she loved him (so less chance of ever betraying him?) and he wanted his own kids to be half-WASP and join normal society. This is why he was unhappy with Kay for converting to Catholicism. Protestant was more 'American'. I don't think he really loved her; it was - as he would say - 'the right move to make' at that stage in his life, just as cold and calculating as every other decision.

John.
Posted By: Tyler Durden

Re: CAN ANY TELL ME - 01/21/02 03:17 PM

Good Point Sinacola....Michael Couldn't Be Tied Up That Young...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET