Home

BLACK HUMOUR???

Posted By: Constanzia

BLACK HUMOUR??? - 09/17/01 05:54 PM

I read the Godfather like it was the bible and still do and continue to learn and pick up new things from it... But does anyone find some of the humour throughout it??? Maybe I'm just sick, but occasionally I was rolling about the floor laughing. Anyone find any parts of the book amusing??
Posted By: Wiseguy

Re: BLACK HUMOUR??? - 09/17/01 06:18 PM

Ummm.......what parts exactly did you find amusing?
Posted By: MobbingForMoney

Re: BLACK HUMOUR??? - 09/17/01 06:52 PM

I laughed at some parts,but only a quick smirk.
Posted By: Bogus Castellano

Re: BLACK HUMOUR??? - 09/17/01 09:00 PM

The sexual parts with Lucy and Sonny was so sick that it was pretty funny. It was a little smirk though.

What parts made you roll on the floor laughing? confused
Posted By: La signora di fucile

Re: BLACK HUMOUR??? - 11/22/01 10:30 PM

I did actually at a few bits, I couldn't remember alot of them, but one that did have me laughing was talking about Sonny. A womans perspective maybe, but it made me laugh. I was actually laughing out loud when Sandra was talking about her screaming murder when she realised "he was going to stick that into ME!" Maybe it's just a womans POV, I guess it just depends on who you're married to, or sleeping with, or both. wink
Posted By: Machiavelli

Re: BLACK HUMOUR??? - 06/29/02 04:20 AM

I found many parts that were funny in a chilling way. For instance this passage on page 431 in book VII:"....Carlo went to the door and opened it. He felt his whole body go weak with horrible sickening fear. Standing in the doorway was Michael Corleone, his face the face of that death Carlo often saw in his dreams."

It's funny how Puzo describes the fear felt by his characters.
Posted By: Snake

Re: BLACK HUMOUR??? - 06/29/02 05:35 AM

Sex is rarely ever NOT funny, at least from my experience....er, uh, maybe I'm revealing a little more than I need to here...or not enough?!?! lol
Posted By: Daniel Corleone

Re: BLACK HUMOUR??? - 06/30/02 03:16 AM

Originally posted by Snake:
Sex is rarely ever NOT funny, at least from my experience....er, uh, maybe I'm revealing a little more than I need to here...or not enough?!?! lol
Visual aids perhaps [Linked Image]? lol, jk. Ok the ones with Nino and Johnny Fontaine were sometimes funny. The description of Fredo's reactions were at times hilarious and saddening at the same time. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: BLACK HUMOUR??? - 06/30/02 05:06 AM

Some of Puzo's constructions were pretty funny, though no doubt unintentionally so. As La Signora alluded, most of them concerned Sonny's, ah, member. Puzo describes the young Sonny as being generous: "His heart was as big as his organ," which I found pretty amusing--I heard of a man thinking with his dick, but giving with it, well, that's a new one. In another part, Puzo writes that Sonny was so hung that "even the most hardened putain, [his spelling] after an awed inspection of his massive organ, would demand twice the price." No wonder Lucy needed that operation.
Posted By: Guineapig

Re: BLACK HUMOUR??? - 06/30/02 06:03 AM

Posted by Turnbull[QUOTE][B] after an awed inspection of his massive organ, would demand twice the price." No wonder Lucy needed that operation.[B]
lol
was that it or was Jules too small? lol

Re: BLACK HUMOUR??? - 07/04/02 11:27 PM

frown awwwwwww, kiddin, no sumtimes sex ain't funny at all - that's when it's best. But sumtimes it's not funny for bad reasons, i.e. your, erm, interrupted, shall I say...

Re: BLACK HUMOUR??? - 07/05/02 02:36 AM

[Linked Image] Okay, La Signora di Fucile, now you got me curious! You have to elaborate! grin

Re: BLACK HUMOUR??? - 07/05/02 01:25 PM

[Linked Image] Okay, La Signora di Fucile, now you got me curious! You have to elaborate! grin
ok, well I don't know about the US but sex outside is illegal in the uk, and... we almost got caught eek

Re: BLACK HUMOUR??? - 07/05/02 08:44 PM

Romantic! wink Yeah, some states here even consider any form of sex "sodomy," even when it's not the actual act of sodomy...go figure! ohwell
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: BLACK HUMOUR??? - 07/07/02 12:34 AM

Sex outside..why not? just watch out for those big skeaters.... grin
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: BLACK HUMOUR??? - 07/07/02 11:17 AM

Back to the question I think. This posts are going a whole other way, maybe we should make another forum about this very interesting subject.
Posted By: BronxKing

Re: BLACK HUMOUR??? - 07/07/02 07:57 PM

I find the name Bonasera very funny because it is translated 'Goodnight'in English. Very appropriate for an undertaker.
I also crack up laughing(not just smiling) every time I see The Don mimic Johnny Fontaine crying 'What am I going to do Godfather,what am I going to do?'. When I was a kid my father would do the same thing to me when I would cry/whine (no slap!!!) and I always stopped crying and would laugh.Tom Hagen got a kick out of that interchange also.
Posted By: canaveral6

Re: BLACK HUMOUR??? - 07/16/02 05:05 PM

Through the whole of book two. The way Nino and Johnny treated each other I thought was hilarious.
Posted By: mustachepete

Re: BLACK HUMOUR??? - 08/29/15 03:20 AM

Felix Bocchicchio:

"He then searched out the two businessmen and calmly shot them both through the head as they came out of a luncheonette. He left the bodies lying in the street and went into the luncheonette and ordered a cup of coffee which he drank while he waited for the police to come and arrest him."

The Bocchicchio clan:

"...of course would spend whatever money was needed for appeals to higher courts, they were proud of him now...."
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET