Home

Violent Don Corleone in 1937

Posted By: Danito

Violent Don Corleone in 1937 - 02/20/13 09:01 PM

Re-reading the novel:

Antwort auf:
Don Corleone did this by putting a pistol to the forehead of the band leader and assuring him with the utmost seriousness that either his signature or his brains would rest on that document in exactly one minute.

I almost had forgotten this difference between novel and film. This shows us that Vito was still a violent gangster who was ready and able to use immediate violence against his opponents.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Violent Don Corleone in 1937 - 02/20/13 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Danito
Re-reading the novel:

Quote:
Don Corleone did this by putting a pistol to the forehead of the band leader and assuring him with the utmost seriousness that either his signature or his brains would rest on that document in exactly one minute.

I almost had forgotten this difference between novel and film. This shows us that Vito was still a violent gangster who was ready and able to use immediate violence against his opponents.

Even more than that, after an olive oil seller refuses to accomodate Vito, the seller disappears and his wife and children are forced to make an accomodation with Vito.
Posted By: Danito

Re: Violent Don Corleone in 1937 - 02/21/13 03:17 PM

What I meant: Not only did Vito order executions, he was also ready to pull the trigger.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET