Home

The original The Godfather

Posted By: Gudfadern

The original The Godfather - 09/23/12 04:09 AM

There are a few different copies of the novel. The one that has the yellow dot, I think might be the original. Don't really care for that one, I would like one resembling the movie. But if it is the original one, I'll choose that one. What is it I'm looking for? My own godmother has an original that I believe she bought in 1969. What is the difference in any of them that might exist?
Which one of them is the original?
Posted By: ismokeonce

Re: The original The Godfather - 11/29/12 07:46 AM

I think the one with the yellow dot is the original copy of the GodFather novel.. that's based on my search..

I've seen two other copies of the novel and that got me confused.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: The original The Godfather - 11/29/12 04:50 PM

I own a hardcover copy of the novel. It has the yellow dot. I know it's the first run because the flyleaf doesn't list reprint dates. I also own a paperback copy. It isn't the original because the cover has a notation, "Fastest Selling Book in History."
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: The original The Godfather - 11/29/12 05:02 PM

TB I have one paperback thats pretty old they aren't any money are they?
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: The original The Godfather - 11/29/12 05:15 PM

Yeah nevermind mind says The No.1 Bestseller and $1.50 in the upper right hand corner

plus the back cover or binding just fell of when I grabbed it off the shelve oh well lol

Re: The original The Godfather - 11/29/12 07:44 PM

You can check the value of any used book on
www.abebooks.com

Given the number of GF novels sold, probably none are really valuable, but you can check.

Re: The original The Godfather - 12/04/12 01:49 AM

UPDATE: Bauman Rare Books, which has a weekly ad on the back cover of the Sunday NY Times Book Review, this week lists a first edition copy of GF, "inscribed and signed by Mario Puzo," for $6,000.
Posted By: Gudfadern

Re: The original The Godfather - 12/04/12 04:52 PM

I bought the original one mentioned here (the one with the yellow dot). It's the hardcover with trade cloth and don't really like that. I also plan on having another one as well.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET