Home

1 down - 2 to go

Posted By: KtownNC

1 down - 2 to go - 07/03/07 02:39 AM

I finished the novel last week!! I absolutely loved it!! Then I sat down Saturday with my mom and we watched the movie (The Godfather) on DVD (of course).

I had never seen the movie before, and I am glad I read the book before I watched the movie. Other than seeing the visual of a movie playing I could tell what they were feeling and I knew more than Mr. Coppla wanted to, perhaps, reveal in that day and age. I didn't have any disappointments like I thought I might after I watched the movie except that Don Vito didn't get to have any last words on his death bed. I hate he didn't get to look at Michael and tell him "Life is Beautiful". Even in death he was thinking of life... and Coppla could have giving him that. After all, it was called The Godfather. Also, in the book you really feel the compassion and class Don Vito has and how he got the "respect" from Clemenza, Tessio, and the rest of his neighborhood back when he started the "business". I didn't feel like the movie alone would have done that had I not read the book first.
Posted By: whisper

Re: 1 down - 2 to go - 07/03/07 03:20 PM

Of course i had seen the movie before i read the novel.But after reading the novel recently,it helped me"get" the movie so much more.It was amazing how much i had not quite understood fully,until the novel.It is a MUST read for any Godfather fan.A MUST read.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET